• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern All We Remain (Apocalyptic RP?)

Dovahkiin

caffeinated™
After spending more time than I'd perhaps like to admit to playing The Walking Dead, I've been kinda in the mood for a zombie-ish topic. c: I've been involved in one on this site before, but I think it must've (unfortunately) died out.

I've got the basic skeleton of what I'm thinking has caused this whole chaotic situation, but I'm awful with explaining things, so, for the sake of both of our times, I'll just give a really brief overview, haha. In short, the United States government begins to dapple in disease warfare, and there was a vaccination mix up, in which they actually inject people with the disease rather than the vaccination. At first, it hadn't seemed like a big deal - the symptoms mimicked those of the common cold, and they government assured everyone that they would get the antidote out as swiftly as possible. Nearly a week passed, and the sickness evolved into something much more horrific. At this point, the government had no idea what to do; their experiments for antidotes had been failing, and the disease continued to become more devastating with each moment that slipped by. The nation fell into chaos. Everyone feared for their well-being and health at this point, and some didn't dare leave the house.

6 months passed and the sickness turned those infected into the slack-jawed, decaying, cannibalistic sacks of flesh we're familiar with. The disease is transferred through bites from the infected, drinking of the blood of the infected, or eating their flesh -- though, honestly, no one would wanna eat these things.

Anywho, if you're interested, please let me know. c: I'm open for ideas - the entire plot for this thing is still pretty flexible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back