• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Aeskinaep: I Was Reborn As A Mob

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Altan laid there motionless till Vivi climbed up his back and took hold of his mane, then he slowly stood back up, murmured something under his ear so only Vivi would hear.
“Hold on tight. Ok.”
He then slowly walked up to Errubia and Sanae, not having to think much he added his thoughts to the melting pot of ideas.
"Well, it could suffice, although we would need to patch it up and spruce it up in some places."
He said softly while assessing the state of the building.
Not even caring to look to the left where a skeletal figure appeared, only look that way when Vivi pulled him by the mane in that direction.
“I don’t really like cats. But since she wants to help it then why not.”
Altan said to himself trying others not to notice.
He then readied himself for a quick run towards the cat.
So Altan ran until he ended up standing above the ‘kitty’, then he made his most threatening face which at the same time made his mane appear more like a lion, then a simple sound came out of his mouth it was like a growl but it was echoing within him so it came to appear more like a roar.

The skeleton looked at the creatures before him after his wave. For a second, he wonders if they were paying attention and scratches his right temple. Before he is distract and hears some small and soft. A purring sound. He looks down and notices the cat rubbing against his leg,
hello there small one!”, he reaches out to give chin scratches before hearing a few loud mews. Not yet coming to contact.

Thats odd, the skeleton thought to himself. He could have sworn he understood the mews. “Get this wet blob away from me”

he gazes towards the cat for a moment longer and notices a net like webbing stuck to it, “oh my…“, he attemps to take away some of the net to reveal it is a slimy substance. With it comes a little fur. That seems to be burned off as it was partially digested from the slime.

As it sits disconnected, the fur quickly dissolves in the slime; along with the blood on the skeleton’s hand. He shakes it off his hand because he doesn’t know what it will do to bone.

it was a tricky situation. Because of the pattern and dampness, it seemed to be integrated into the fur. Though it could be taken off as the fur was burning, if it wasnt done in time it would reach the skin and the cat may actually be in pain.
you may lose some of your fur, but I can try to assist you.

suddenly, there is a wolf carrying what looks like a root vegetable, and it was growling. At this moment the skeleton wasnt sure who the target was, or what to do, stay to help the cat, run, or…?

the skeleton picks up the cat under his arm and starts sprinting towards the other figures he saw in the distance, “HeLp!”,

Ricky wasn't exactly sure what he was doing or hoping to accomplish by attacking the cat but he was too mad to think about that. He body enveloped the cat as it tore through the country side, jumping and zigzaging in an attempt to get him off but his body clung on like ooze... because it was ooze. Eventually his involuentary mount ran up to a figure and attempted to remove him with the figures aid but even the figures wasn't able to remove Ricky... that was until Ricky realized the figure lacked any skin, organs, hair, face, or anything. Ricky let out a scream only heard in his head as the blob leapt off from the cat and slithered away, coincidently moving towards the other group that was approaching.

Vivi suggested they take the tower as a base of operations. "If it isn't in danger of collapsing from old age, I don't see why not." Errubia said. "Maybe we might even find items in there like equipment or some clothing so that I have something to wear under this robe."

As the skeleton approached the group, Errubia took a defensive stance as if she expected the skeleton to attack. Rather the skeleton stopped and gave them a wave, seeming to show that it was friendly. Errubia was at ease but still cautious about the being. However before Errubia could say something to the skeleton, a cat with a slime on it's back darted towards the skeleton, seeking the skeleton's help. Altan ran up to the cat at Vivi's behest and hoped that he could scare the slime. The skeleton looked confused and picked up the cat, calling out for help.

The slime let go of the cat and began to move towards the group. As the slime approached, there was something about it that Errubia hated. It had such an unlikeable aura. She cracked her knuckles and grinned menacingly. "I don't know why, but something makes me want to obliterate it." Errubia said. She lifted her leg up high and brought her heel down towards the slime, narrowly missing the slime. The impact made the ground shake a little. "Tsk. I missed."

Stella could only felts relief as the slime was finally peeled off from her body. She wiggled her body and jumped off from the skeleton's grip. He was all bones so it was easy to slip off. There's still some slimy stuff on her body so Stella sat on the ground and start licking her furs... wait, she shouldn't acts like a cat! Realizing this the cat abruptly stopped licking and started looking at the creatures around her.

There's the human creature from before, a living skeleton, a long-legged fox, a walking ginger and a tailed little girl. Quite a weird gathering of creatures here. She knew normally she would freak out at these casts but she's a cat and she's tired now, there's not much energy to scream about how strange all that happened here. Oh, wait, there's also the slime.

"YOU'RE FIRED!!!!!" The cat let out a hiss as she yelled at said slime while she took an aggresive stance.

AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 ShylaNesthorn ShylaNesthorn

Altan realizing his growl might not have been helpful in the situation he slowly trotted towards Erubia and the rest with his ears down, and his muzzle facing towards the earth.
Not really looking at how he walked he came ever so closer to his new pack, it seems he kicked something behind him but he just glanced back, saw a slime made a scowled face towards it, and headed yet again to his group.
He even walked past the skeleton who he wanted to take a bone out of him just a second ago, came up by Erubia and Sanae, and just laid down.
He knew his decisions wasn't the best one so he will leave it to others to decide what to do he will just do what is ordered from him.
"Well that didn't work, so just do tell me what to do that would be easier!"
Altan said under his nose although most would be able to hear it, he just wanted to have an easy life.
But that needed friends, and so far only those few could be called friends, so he choose to stay.

Sanae was confused.

A lot of things were happening and strange people were showing up one after another, but the conversations were too scattered and difficult for her to keep up with. Instead, as she clung to Errubia's side, her mind drifted off towards other things - namely, how hungry she was.

That's right, she was about to eat the talking plant thing earlier before it made a scary sound that hurt her ears, meaning her hunger still hadn't been dealt with. Well, it wasn't making the sound now, so maybe she should try again? She wanted to eat meat though...

Sanae's eyes passed over those present, gauging through sight how tasty each one might be.

Errubia... was out of the question. Not only was she way bigger and stronger than her, Sanae didn't feel like eating someone she liked.

There was a slimy-looking thing that also seemed gross and not meaty at all. Pass.

The plant thing she'd wanted to eat originally would probably make for a tasty snack, but the noise it makes hurts her ears and she wanted meat right now anyway. Pass.

A wolf-like thing had come up next to her and Errubia, but it looked kind of scary and a bit bigger than what she could handle on her own. Maybe if Errubia helped her they could share it?

Oh, a kitty-cat! Small and weak-looking, but with just enough meat to make a good meal. She wasn't sure how fast it was, but if she could keep up with it then it would probably be an easy meal, as it didn't look like it could put up much of a fight if she pinned it down the right way. It was also distracted dealing with the weirdly-unlikable slime, so it was possible she could just pounce on it and eat right away.

The person made of bones was also out of the... well... somehow, even though there was no meat on it whatsoever, she felt a desire to nibble on the bones as much as she wanted. Maybe she'd bury some for later after she'd had her fill.

Sanae's eyes honed in on the cat, which was obviously the best option. Her gaze which had been idly wandering now narrowed with distinct purpose, hunger and an instinctual desire to hunt causing her body to tense up and her hands to slip from within the sleeves of her kimono, exposing the elongated claws at her fingertips. A low growl left her lips as she prepared to leap out from Errubia's side and attack, lowering her head slightly as her ears flattened and her tail curled up towards her poised body.

And at that moment, as if to announce her intentions, a loud growl-like noise echoed from her stomach. She ignored it, too hyper-focused on her prey to even notice.

The skeleton was still afraid of the wolf, he didn’t know why, but something in him feared it. It wasn’t even the growl. Was he afraid of dogs in his past life? He had no idea. He knew he was now though. Something about the fact that they chew bones. He looked at Sanae. They seemed to be eyeing everyone. When they looked at him, he felt he understood the intention. Maybe he was afraid of the wrong person. He looks back to the cat, then back to the foxgirl. This is when their stomach growled. He picked the cat back up, “this is for your own good kitty, trust me.”, he draped the small animal over his collarbone and shoulders, “you will be safer up here”

Ricky was still furious as he was peeled off of the cat and tossed aside, his internal screams falling on deaf ears. Bubbles still rose up inside of his as he literally boiled from anger, the few bits of cat hair that came off with his dissipated alongside the bubbles. He slide up next to the skeleton, looking up at him. Under normal circumstances, the boy now slime would probably be terrified of the fact that their was a literal living skeleton in front of him but he was just too angry at his situation to care. This isn't how he's supposed to be treated, he's better then everyone. As he prepared to throw some unaudiable insults at the skeleton, a leg shot down next to him, nearly missing him. He turned to face his attacker but before he could react a wolf that had been nearby walked past, kicked the slime, and carried on without even noticing. Ricky rolled a bit away from the group before settling. He looked at the group that had formed and turned the other way. Obviously this group of peasants weren't the type he should be hanging around with... peasents? Was that a word he always used? He shook his body and started to crawl away, only stopping a short while after to realize he still had no idea where he was, what he was, or where anything was.

Last edited:
Vivi
Mandrake Sprout Dryad

╒═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╕

The wolf seems to listen to her plea to save the cat. although Vivi did hear him mutter to himself that he didn’t like cats. He’s such a good boi. Vivi held on firmer as Altan told her so before he set off to protect the kitty. Still, it took all her strength to not fall off initially. but when Atlan suddenly stopped over the cat to growl at the skeleton Vivi failed her strength check and was flung off his back and landed in some bushes nearby.
Vivi was unaware of what happened next because the fall knocked her out for a moment. She regained her senses when the flesh golem stamped the ground sending a tremor through the area. The little plant crawled from her landing spot to notice how far everyone was from her now.

Vivi started hopping back to the main group when she noticed the slime nearby. For some reason, the sight of the gelatinous being unsettled her, although it was looking so cute. Vivi didn’t think much about it and hopped over to the slime. "uhhh… hello? are you okay?" the plant said not sure if the blob could hear her, let alone understand her.

╘═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╛

*bing bing* A noise was audible to Errubia. The noise felt like a "ta daa!". On her status screen a notification popped up:

[New Award! You have earned "Psycho Bitch" for attacking a creature with killing intent for the fun of it and "Axe Crazy" for malicious and dangerous behavior and going overkill.]

"What the hell?! That pest had it coming! Just look at it! It is disgusting and unamicable!" Errubia yelled at the status screen. "Guys! This status screen just gave me bad awards." She looked around for the slime. It had made its way a little away from her. "I will take care of you soon enough." She said.

Errubia then noticed Sanae's behavior, licking her lips and eyeing the cat. It seemed Sanae was hungry. Errubia was getting hungry too. "Maybe we SHOULD scavenge for food. I am getting hungry and it seems Sanae here is too." Errubia said. "I saw some berry bushes in the forest. We just need to see if they are poisoned or not. Then we can check out that tower for supplies to a warm room." The skeleton seemed to have noticed Sanae locking her eyes on the cat and picked the cat up to protect it.

Meanwhile Vivi seemed to try to communicate with the slime.

"Oh, don't. Not again." Stella let out another growl as she noticed someone else eyeing her again. This time it was the fox girl. Why? She got enough for becoming targetted by other things so she decided to stand her ground this time, regardless of the size. She would do it like last time if she needs to. Better die in glory than live in shame. The cat let out a louder hiss as she mirrored the fox girl's pose and let displayed her own set of claws.

"Back off, you dumbass. Mess with me and I will gouge your eyes alive and stuff them into your nose." Thankfully before things escalated the boneman picked her up and let her sit on his bony shoulder. Not the most comfortable seat but she did feels safer.

"Good thinking Boney." Stella nodded approvingly and then proceed to instinctively rub her head against the skeleton's skull, which immediately made her cringe hard. Stop acting like a real cat, dummy!!! Then the probably human one suggested for them to scavenge for food.

"Good idea. You can go and keep those hungry things away for me." Her eyes briefly glanced towards the fox girl and the slime. "I'm still full so I will stay here with Boney and look for the tower entrance or something. Shoo, shoo."

TanteRegenbogen TanteRegenbogen AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 ShylaNesthorn ShylaNesthorn Megilagor Megilagor Flashwolf96 Flashwolf96 Tellussoil Tellussoil

Ricky stopped his anger fueled march away from the group when he noticed the plant girl talking to him. Maybe she was more tolerable then those peasents that didn't know how to treat someone of his stature right... what was his stature again? He kept struggling to remember things, why? She metaphorically shook his metaphorical head and shifted his attention to the talking plant, which honestly didn't surprise him at this point. Everything else talked so why shouldn't a plant? "I am NOT okay. Those... people... things... they kicked me and treated me like dirt. I shall not tolerate their presence anymore!" He looked at the plant then sighed in his own mind. "Not that it matters, as I cannot speak. Why am I even bothering?" The slime continued to think, not realizing the creature he currently interacting with could in fact read his mind... wherever that may exist in his jelly body.

Altan
Interactions: Flashwolf96 Flashwolf96 , TanteRegenbogen TanteRegenbogen
"You getting achievements, it would be nice if they did something!"
Altan replied to her outburst of emotions, he then looked up to Errubia and said, while even his stomach growled a bit out of hunger.
"Show me where the berries are I will check them, and gather them after all from what I remember that was my thing from before this life besides I think I'm faster than you two. You should check this tower, it should be easier for you two because well you have hands and walk on two legs, or if you are especially bored you can look for some timber or brushwood since I think the night might be cold today."
Then he began to pick himself up and stretched a bit before walking towards the direction Errubia showed, looking for the berries and any other edible thing.
Before he disappeared within the forest he looked once more at the group, did a little headcount, and went for it.
'Ok, so I need seven people's worth of food, although I don't think Vivi and the skeleton could eat any of it better safe than sorry!'

"Back off, you dumbass. Mess with me and I will gouge your eyes alive and stuff them into your nose."

Bad words! Sanae didn't know how she knew, but she somehow understood that the cat was picking a fight with her. "Grrr...!" Her growling grew louder, and despite the cat being taken by the boney man she still didn't back down. Rather, she leaned down further until her claws dug into the ground, putting her in the prime position to pounce from all fours.

Prey that talks back should just be quiet and get eaten!

Unrestrained from her intentions, Sanae went for it. With the cat having seemingly let its guard down despite the present threat, the child's predatorial instincts told her that now was the perfect chance. And so, faster than anyone could immediately react, she kicked off the ground and leapt straight for the boney man for a mid-air swipe at her prey.

AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread TanteRegenbogen TanteRegenbogen Megilagor Megilagor

Vivi
Mandrake Sprout Dryad

╒═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╕

yay! The slime heard her. Vivi looked at the slime with a smile, happy that she could communicate with it. She listened to what the slime said. only there was something weird about it. Where did the sound come from? as far as she saw the slime didn’t have a mouth or any orifices to speak of. It was no use thinking about it too much. she could understand it and that was more important. "well… uhh… I can hear you just fine" She said when she heard the slime think about how it couldn’t talk. "And I’m sorry that the others have been mean to you. I’m sure they meant you no harm. They are nice peo… creatures" She said with an apologetic tone and bowed her head a little bit. she then realized something she could do for the slime, even if it was a little. "Here.. let me help" Vivi held out her hands towards the slime and closed her eyes. How do you cast magic in this world? She remembered she had a point in healing magic, so she might as well use it. but it was never explained how to use magic in the first place. Maybe if she wills it enough she will cast a spell. "come on!! Cure!! Heal!!" A small light appeared before her hands before a soft glow started to envelop the slime as the heal spell was cast. Vivi opened her eyes and could just see the glow before it faded away. "I DID IT!!... I mean… I hope you’re feeling better now" She gave the slime a warm smile. "Oh! before i forget… I’m Vivi… What is your name?"

╘═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╡╞═╪═╛

~
{Interaction}: ~ ShylaNesthorn ShylaNesthorn ~

"Sanae! Stop! We can't be fighting amongst each other right now. We should be looking for supplies and see if this tower is a suitable home for us." Errubia said as she noticed Sanae jump towards the cat in aggression. Errubia stomped on the ground as hard as she could to get Sanae's attention in case she didn't listen. The stomp made the dry ground crack a meter in every direction. Errubia was too slow to keep up with Sanae in terms of running, but she could compensate with strength, weight, defense and a loud voice. "Come now. You can be my ears in case that tower isn't empty and creatures live in it." Errubia said.

Errubia went over to the tower. There was a heavy door at it's base. She tried to push it open but it wouldn't budge. "I guess if it doesn't move, I could use raw force." Errubia said before ramming the door with all her weight and not only breaking the doors rusted lock but tearing the door off it's hinges. Not only the lock had blocked the door but there was some rubble behind it. Immediately in the first room, she encountered a couple small mobs: Two slimes and a large rat. The slimes jumped against her, doing basically no damage at all, but only staining her with a goop. The only effect the slimes had achieved is annoy Errubia. "Is that all you've got?" Errubia said. The slimes attacked again. Errubia managed to kick again one of them, leaving the goop on her foot. She was getting angry now. "Disgusting." Errubia said as a menacing grin grew on her face. "I guess it is my turn now. Time to annihilate you." The slimes and the rat looked scared now. With three well placed kicks she dealt with those small fry.

There was an old chest against the wall of the room. It seemed to be weak enough that the lock wouldn't even keep it shut. There wasn't much in the chest, but there were some copper coins, fingerless cloth gloves and leather boots. Errubia tried on the gloves and the gloves seemed to magically adapt to the size of her hands. It was the same for the boots. At least she had something on her feet now.

She proceded further into the tower. The place looked like the only inhabitants were slimes and rats. While the place was still in fairly good shape despite cobwebs and some minor damage to the structure, it seemed whoever originally occupied the structure, abandoned it at least 50 years ago, maybe even more than a century ago. She eventually found a flight of stairs up. At the top of the stairs, she found a skeleton sitting at a desk. "Of course, the original occupant died. Could have been a heart attack." Errubia said. Her voice attracted two more slimes and a larger slime. "Tsk. Out of all mobs, I have to run into slimes. It was a mistake approaching me in search for a fight."

The two small slimes were easy kills. The larger slime absorbed the blows some. So Errubia had to change her attacks. Searching her mind for the hand to hand techniques corrosponding with her level, she found something that may help. "This is my first time using this but here comes the asteroid kick!" Errubia said. She picked up speed towards the large slime and jumped up bringing her foot down on the large slime, cutting through it like butter and destroying it's core, effectively killing it.

*ding ding* [Level up! Please distribute your points.]

Strength: 6+1

Agility: 2+1

Constitution: 12+2

Intelligence: 4

Charisma: 1+1

Skills:

Fisticuffs/Hand to Hand Lvl 3+1
Resistance to air: Lvl 1
Resistance to fire: Lvl 1
Resistance to water: Lvl 1
Resistance to lightning: Lvl 1
Defense: Lvl 6+1
Common language: Lvl 2

New skill: Cooking lvl 0+1

Errubia selected cooking as it would come in handy to at least cook meat they hunt.

Errubia then noticed that part of the robe had dissolved from the slimes attacks. "I didn't know they could dissolve clothes!" Errubia said. She looked at her boots. The boots still seemed to be in the same condition she got them. "I need to find clothes." She searched the room eventually finding a wardrobe. There were clothes in the wardrobe that were in decent condition, just a little dusty. The clothes weren't exactly to her liking but it was better than walking around in a tattered robe or even worse... naked. She had a dark brown linen pants and a knee length beige tunic. Like with the boots and gloves, the clothes adapted to her size despite showing no noticeable enchantments. There was a black ribbon band hanging in the wardrobe. Errubia took it. "Hmm. For a belt this may be a bit too thin and I don't need wrappings on my hands, plus what would one wrapping do? I could use it like a choker I guess." Errubia said as she went to tie it around her neck. Suddenly, the ends of the ribbon slipped out of her hands. She looked on the ground for the ribbon, but it wasn't there. "Huh? Where did it go?" She felt something on her neck. In a cracked mirror, she saw the black ribbon around her neck. It fit snugly on her neck, but it was comfortable and barely noticeable. She felt for a fasterner, know or seam, but it seemed like it adapted to her size like the other clothes and was seamless.

Seeing her reflection in the mirror, she twirled around and astounded over her new clothes. They were easier to move in than the robe and this felt like a fever dream. It was a fantasy world, like in video games. It felt so surreal. Yet the sensations were real. Errubia decided to check the rest of the floor for mobs and then went down and outside to tell the others.

Once outside, Errubia said: "The ground floor and upper floor are clear. Looks like we can stay here and there is still some equip here like these clothes I found. Also I at least have rat meat from a large rat. It should get us through the night if we cook it."

Flashwolf96 Flashwolf96 mainly, AniMANIA7983 AniMANIA7983 Megilagor Megilagor Tellussoil Tellussoil Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread ShylaNesthorn ShylaNesthorn

Also: Party level up. Please distribute five attribute points and three skill points.

As Altan began to wander around the forest his mind began to ponder.
‘We have a small pond by the tower so we can try farming, but that will be hard at first, I could try transplanting the berry bushes there that could work.’
Attributes:
Strength 5 +1
Agility 6 +1
Contstitution 5 +1
Intelligence 6 +1
Charisma 3 +1
Skills:
Identify lvl 0 +1
Common language lvl 0 +1
Weaponsmithing lvl 0 +1
Armorsmithing lvl 0 +1
Alchemy lvl 0 +1
Resistance to hunger lvl 0 +1

So he looked around for some vines or other types of plant he could use to tie the bushes together so he could transport them more easily. Upon spending some minutes looking around he found a lone willow tree from which he picked up a few of its branches into his mouth and went back to the place shown by Errubia.
The path wasn't easy to travel with it being bumpy but he did arrive at a smaller clearing where berry bushes of different kinds grew together, said place wasn't close to the tower as almost half an hour passed since he left there. Going from bush to bush eating some of the berries to check how they tasted and if they were poisonous.

Thankfully none of them were poisonous but some of them were so bitter they might as well be. Then he began his great plan and started digging around some berry bushes down to their roots and plucking them from the ground, after that with the greatest precision he could muster from his paws and canine teeth he tried tying them together via the branches of the willow tree. It took some time to successfully do, even a notification appeared in front of him while he was still tying them up.
[Level up! Distribute your points.]

After distributing points given to him and those, he had leftover from the last level up, tying the bushes became somewhat easier. Finally after nearly an hour since the level up he tied all twelve berry bushes that he dug up together, leaving a small part in the middle so he could bite into it and drag it all to the tower.
Having spent some time traveling back to the rest of his ‘comrades’ he arrived as Errubia was exiting the tower, Altan then dragged the bushes to where the pond was and planted them there while saying.
“Here ya go! The best-tasting berry bushes from that bunch that you pointed me to. Also, I don't think I need anything to eat for today, suffice to say I ate my part when deciding which bushes to take with me.”
Being a bit tired from all that walking he decided to lay by the entrance to the tower, he first circled a few times in the same place before lying down there with his big and fluffy tail being used as a pillow.
“Continue whatever you were doing I'm just gonna rest for a bit.”

Seeing Sanae leaping at her, Stella immediately changed her stance and jumped down from the boneman's shoulder. Letting him to become her meatshield, or bone shield in this case. He's a bone, he would be fine with some kid's scratches. The cat just mockingly stuck her tongue out at the fox girl before placing herself behind Errubia.

"You are lucky I'm not in the mood for another blood on my hand, kid." Said the cat as she instinctively start licking her own paws. It took her a few seconds before she realized it and stopped licking.

When Errubia blasted the tower door, Stella waited a few moment to let the inhabitants drawn to Errubia before slipping inside the tower and kept herself walking under the shadow. She winced when she realized the slimes patrolling the inside of the tower. Sure they didn't look dangerous but she didn't want another gooey things sticking to her body so she jumped at nearby furnitures, knocking some rusty candlenstands, broken wooden frames and whatever remaining of some vases down to the floor below. She would let Errubia deal with the slimes and rats. She though she would get a free pass for walking on the furnitures like this but another creature blocked her way. A spider as big as herself building a web on top of a cupboard.

"Appraisal." Stella tried to activate her skill without opening the menu, which surprisingly worked. Though the result was still disappointing

[Spider]

"Of course it is a spider." Stella wanted to facepaw herself but the spider let out a hissing noise at her, though it didn't budge from its nest. She didn't want to get too close to the spider so she opened her menu and started scrolling through it while keeping an eye on the spider. She remembered catching a glimpse of something interesting before. Ah, there is it!

"Magic." She pressed the button and there's only one drop down menu appeared.

Dark magic

Stella couldn't help but gulped nervously. Did she just got cursed or something?? Not only she's now a cat but she also has something called dark magic?? Though her time to worry about it was cut short when the spider suddenly unlatched itself from the web and charged at her. In panic she quickly tapped the button and whatever came after that and a few moments later a black orb was conjured in front of her, then launched itself towards the spider and hit it right on its face. Its charging path became unstable and then the spider just crashed into the wall.

"Shadow ball!" This time Stella tried to cast it without the menu and just like before, it worked well. Another black orb hit the spider, and it now looks even more dazed than before. She wanted to throw one more orb but a message popped out on her menu.

[Insufficient Mana]

Ma-whatt?? Stella wasn't sure about what was happening but she should do something before the spider regained its balance. So reluctantly she charged ahead, threw some scratches at its face and then shoved it off the cupboard. It plummets onto the floor and stopped moving.

[Level up!]

"I killed a spider, yay." Stella celebrated her victory unenthusiastly while swiping the level up windows away, she would deal with it later. Just for sure, she tried to cast another shadow ball and it worked again, but when she tried another one it didn't appear. After a few moments of contemplation she finally realized about mana being some sort of energy source displayed just below her HP. While her mana was limited, She realized how fast her mana refilled itself, if she can pace herself she should be able to cast shadow ball infinitely.

"I feel kinda stupid here." She cuckled at her own lack knowledge as she tried to walk over the spider's unfinished web. Though she found something quite curious. Entangled in the web among the dried up husks of rats and insect was a small golden necklace the shape of a star. It was very dusty but with some cleaning it should be back to its former glory. Stella might be a cat now, but she still loves a good fashion so she happily picked up the jewelry and put it on herself. Right, fashion! Just as she thought about that Errubia came down from the second floor with a new set of clothes.

"I want that too! Hello there, another boney. Let me loot some clothes." She rushed up the stair, waved at the skeleton on the desk and then gathered all the clothes she could find into one huge messy pile of clothes on the floor. Then she realized one thing. She's a cat.

[Equipments is incompatible. Unable to equip] was what the menu told her when she tried the clothes

"NOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!"

The entire time they searched the castle, Sanae was quiet. She followed Errubia's lead without straying too far from her side, and watched as she dispatched every threat they encountered along the way. She was very clearly sulking, obviously not too pleased with having been stopped from catching her prey earlier.

The only thing the older girl had to say about it was that they shouldn't be fighting each other, but what did that even mean? Wasn't that just a cat? Sure it could talk, but... Well, that confusion was also partly why she was so quiet. She just couldn't wrap her head around what Errubia was thinking.

By the time they returned outside and met up with the other weird talking creatures, Sanae's mood had fallen even further. That weird screen appeared in her head again while Errubia was beating up the slimes and rats, telling her she had more points for something, but just like the first time she had no idea what it meant and ultimately ignored it. Her mind was more preoccupied with what to do about her grumbling stomach.

Errubia had mentioned a large rat, but... she could eat something like that by herself easily. After all, she'd already been devouring the corpses of the rats as they moved through the tower, and it barely even felt like a snack to her. She wanted something more filling, and it seemed like the only way to get it was to go find it herself.

"Big Sis," she called, gaze averted while she touched her stomach lightly through her kimono. "Sanae wants to go hunting. She'll find a lot, so can she?"

the skeleton walked into the building after Stella wanting to make sure the cat was safe. However, after seeing the cat take down a huge spider by themself, he was a little more reassured. He walks around the tower alone, looking for anything that may help him. He accidentally steps on a bone from the non living skeleton, and it sticks to his foot, “what the-“ he looks around and lifts his foot, it seems to be connected to him via magic at the end of his toe, “thats… different”, he takes it off using his hand and tosses it behind him. After Errubia tells them its clear, he just kinda sits on the ground. He looks to the other skeleton and jokingly says, “what?, no tongue to speak?” And looks away before hearing the jostling of bones.

Surprised, he looks back and sees that the bone he tossed was back where it belonged as was every other bone. For some reason this gave him the creeps, “hello?”, this time he looks directly at the other skeleton, “let me sleep”, he heard it call him directly from his own head. “Ok…”, he sees the skeleton gave him a thumbs up before going into the pose they were in before he entered the room. He walks towards the group wondering if he should mention what just occurred.

Last edited:
Ricky stopped his little rant when the plant responded to what he was saying. "You can hear me? Even though I'm just thinking? Well that's great." Perfect, the only person that could understand him was a walking plant. If he had hands or a face he would be facepalming at his horrendous luck. "They probably think I'm just a mob or something low level" Mob, what did that term mean again? Every passing second he felt like he was forgetting something else and yet, it wasn't worrying him as much as it probably should. He looked over at the plant, watching as she...she?... Do plants have genders?... as she held out her hands muttering about curing or healing. He starred at her for a few seconds before letting out a sighing gesture, which came out more like a slightly bubbling. "What... What are you doing? You just standing there like that looks stu-" Before he could finish he felt a warm glow surround him. The small globs of slime that he lost from the minor attacks regrew, restoring him to full HP. "Oh, I guess that does work here. About time someone treated me properly." He jiggled up and down a bit seeing if he could feel a difference regaining the parts of him he had lost. "Vivi? I'm Ricky." A healer would be helpful here, right? Parties usually had a healer. "Those fools seem to be rushing off without a plan. You would probably fare better sticking with me. I could use a minio-" He faked a cough... even though he just was thinking it. "Partner. I could use a partner... yes."

Where Altan returned with berries, Errubia praised him: "Thank you. You contributed a great deal in finding berries. I guess rest is well deserved for you." Errubia then took a berry to see how they tasted. It was sweet and tangy. But as soon as she swallowed the berry, a status message popped up in from of her.

[Hint: Golems don't need food. Try eating mana crystals next time. Mana helps golems grow.]

"Even if I didn't need food, it is nice to enjoy something from time to time. But wouldn't mana crystals hurt my teeth?" Errubia complained as if the system could hear her. "Where do I find mana crystals anyways?"

She then heard Sanae behind her ask if she could go hunting for food. Errubia wasn't sure if such a young child should wander off alone, but she relented and said: "Just don't wander off too far and get lost. If you get into a difficult situation, scream for help and I will come for you."

The slime seemed to be with Vivi, not showing signs of aggression. Errubia just let out a "tch".

Errubia then wondered were the cat and the skeleton were. The cat may have wandered into the forest or into the tower, but last she had seen the skeleton was before she entered the tower. However just as she thought of him, the skeleton exited the tower and came towards the group. "Hey, did you find anything interesting in there or were you just checking it out?" Errubia asked Boneworks. "Anyways do you have any skills with carpentry? If not, will you help me out with removing the rubble in the tower later? If we get the place cleaned, then we could live in at least the bottom two floors. Eventually we can repair some of the beams to make the upper floors less dangerous to traverse."

Errubia had given her permission, so Sanae ran off without another word. In a matter of minutes she was dashing through foliage, leaping over fallen logs and traversing trees by leaping between their branches at high speed. This was the kind of movement she'd been craving ever since she woke up. Every step, every breath ignited something within herself that brought her great joy, an instinctual satisfaction that couldn't be so easily described in words even if the child had the broadened vocabulary of an adult. All she could say was that it made not just her heart, but her entire body beat with adrenaline and heat, made her senses feel as if they were sharper than ever before, and soon enough she found herself running not just with her feet, but on all fours as little more than a blur of speed.

It was then that the scent caught her nose. Meat. And it was close.

Sanae pounced, her clawed hands scraping the ground to a halt as she changed directions, then quickly shot off again with newfound purpose. She would hunt it. She would kill it. She would finally be rid of the gnawing hunger within her, and show Big Sis Errubia once and for all that she knows what she's doing. If Errubia had told her no just now... she probably wouldn't even think about coming back.

The edge of the treeline came into view, and the moment Sanae stepped beyond it, she saw something strange.

1647400674920.png
There was a road, and on that road was a reeeeeeally big cart-like thing. Carriage? Like for a princess? But it looked uglier than that. Either way, the cart was being smashed up by a huge animal. Or at least, it looked like an animal at first glance. The best way Sanae could describe it was that it had the head of a deer skull, but it's body was more like a human's. It had claws on its hands and feet though, and Sanae watched as it used those claws to rip open the top of the cart-carriage and pull a person out. It put the screaming man into its huge mouth and bit down, spraying blood all over the place.

Sanae didn't feel anything in particular for the eaten man, except that it reminded her of her own terrible hunger. The big monster-looking thing turned its attention to the other screaming people in the cart-carriage, and Sanae saw that as a chance to attack. She leapt towards it, using her claws to slash at the back of its legs. Immediately it buckled and collapsed, letting out an inhuman scream that carried through the forest. The noise stabbed Sanae's ears painfully, so to shut it up she forced its head against the ground and sank her canines into its neck. She bit down hard, but her jaw just wasn't big enough to do any real damage. The next thing she knew, she'd been grabbed, and the creature stood up while clutching her tightly in its hand.

As it gazed at her with both fury and hunger in its eyes, Sanae understood what it was about to do, and fear coursed through her body.

Sanae is... going to be eaten...!

She was either too young or too ignorant to understand the irony of the situation considering her attitude up until then, and instead did her best to struggle. But her arms were trapped at her sides and the creature was much stronger than her. All she could do was keep up her futile struggle while waiting for the end to come.

"If you get into a difficult situation, scream for help and I will come for you."

"A... AWOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" It wasn't quite a scream, but as Errubia's words resurfaced in Sanae's mind, her first instinct was to howl as loud as she could. She wasn't sure if Errubia or anyone else would even hear her at this distance, but she kept at it nonetheless.

Last edited:
Stella ended up curling on the pile of clothes she had gathered, opened her menu and started scrolling through the things she could do with it. There's a menu where she could use the points she obtained from the level up for learning new skills or upgrading the existing one and she spent quite some time in it. She couldn't help it, this actually feels like she was laying on her bed while scrolling through the online market on her phone. It was addicting, and she kinda missed her home... Even though there's nothing much to do there.

"I guess I have more freedom, here, huh..." She mumbled to herself.

"That's right. I have more freedom here!" As if a gear just turned inside her head, her eyes lit up when she realized the implication of her current situation. Joyfully, she hopped around the room and started scratching nearby cabinet, knocking even more stuffs off the shelves and tearing through some of the clothes. She has freedom! She could do whatever the hell she wanted!!!

"I am free! A new me had reborn! Ahahahahha-" Her maniacal laughter was stopped when an ugly scream resonated throughout the sky and could even be heard inside the tower. It was rather faint but if its end there Stella would probably choose to ignore it, but then a few seconds later came an annoying scream and this one reminds her of the kid's voice. Curious about what was happening the cat climbed onto the nearest window and watched the direction of where the screams came from. She was on the second floor of the tower so it didn't take her long to find the source. Although it was too far for her to clearly see what was happening.

"1 points for perception."

[Confirmed. Perception increase to lv2]

"A bit better." She still needs to strain her eyes but now she could see that Sanae was about to get eaten by a huge monster. R.I.P stupid kid, good bye.

Normally Stella would probably grabbed some popcorn and watched gleefully the demise of an annoying stranger she barely know, but she's in such a good mood that she even considered to help her, which she quickly decided to do. Though now lies another problem, she was too far. Even if she run as fast as she could she would arrive too late at the location. So there's only one thing she could do to help right now.

"Remaining points for Magic Sniper."

[Confirmed. Magic Sniper* learned. Magic Sniper increased to lv2.]

Channeling the training she received from her past life. Stella lied on her stomach on a prone position (at least she thought she was proning, in actuality she was simply doing cat loaf position) and tried to focus her aim towards the monster attacking Sanae. Her mind calmed down to almost trance-like condition and her breathing became stable as to not disturb her aim.

"All stat points to intelligence."

[Confirmed. INT increased by 5]

"Shadow Ball!" A black orb appeared in front of her. Carefully adjusting the spell's direction and applying Magic Sniper, Stella then released the spell. The black orb flew through the sky, exceeding its normal range and hit the creature grabbing Sanae right on its head. The spell itself didn't do much damage, but it was so unexpected that the creature was caught off guard and fell onto the ground. Loosening its grip just enough to gave the kitsune a chance.

"Didn't expect it to be this much." Meanwhile Stella stared at disbelief as her mana bar completely drained and shadow ball was put on a 3 minutes cooldown. W-well, she felts so cool when she shouted shadow ball and scored a headshot but if using magic sniper will cost this much then it was really something she should use carefully or she would put herself in a vulnerable state.

Damn, that was a red flag.

As if waiting for this very moment, a huge spider dropped from the ceiling onto the floor. Then another one followed, then another one, then another. Soon, at least half a dozen spiders each the same size as Stella were crawling towards her location.

"Oh, come on. Where do you suckers even come from!" Cornered into the edge of the window. Stella could only think of three ways of handling the situation. First, fight her way out of the spiders, something that sounds incredibly hard now that she was out of mana. Second, jump from the window and hopes she was cat enough to land safely, which she doubt she would be able to pull. Or third.

"Ggggggrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!" Growl as loud as she could and intimidate them away!

The spiders keep getting closer. It didn't work.

Damn!! She knew there was the fourth option. Yell for help like what the kid did, but, but, her mouth refused to do that even though her scared mind was already screaming. Someone, heelp!!

Flashwolf96 Flashwolf96

[Power: none]
[Cooldown: none]
[Mana Cost: none]
[Tier: basic]
[Element: none]
[School: metamagic]

[The range of an evocation spell can be increased by increasing the mana cost and cooldown of said spell.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back