• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy [Ad Valvas Ominous] - Interest Check

Carl

Not A Llama...
It's a time where the world as we knew it, has been divided into 2 overarching groups. Terms with more power than 'nationality, gender, race, age...even species!'

Few, if any, knew what caused it but all realized what it meant to be part of it. You were blessed, yet cursed.

Once the first of them showed themselves for what they had become, it didn't take long for the repercussions to follow. First distrust and fear, then hate and prejudice...Until it all deteriorated into the world of humans becoming one giant Inquisition to combat the Others.

Those that have obtained powers and abilities beyond the comprehension and ability of normal humans. After a short while, a global law was passed by those in true control: Capture or Kill Every Altered!

It is shortly after this rule became enforced that this story unfolds itself, whatever their true motives for this rule was, we are all caught by them and on our ways to Ad Valvas Ominous. On our way to the very first prison-island in the USA, for our kind. Nobody knows what to expect there or how it will be, all we know is that we have been caught in one way or another; And that it's the end of the line for all of us.

~~

Above is the general, vague, outlining of the roleplay I have in mind for a relatively small/mediumsized group of players in a Modern Day - Fantasy/Superpower Setting.

I don't want to share too much information just yet, mainly so you can get a feel of how your character must feel like at a time like this. His/her entire life shaken about, grabbed from a normal every day life (or however you wish for him/her to have lived) and thrown headfirst in a muddy cesspool of violence, prejudice, death and fear. Without even knowing what, how or why.

What I can share though is that it won't be your ordinary prison, not with such powerful inmates as yourselves, of course. Every character is free to have 1 over-arching power with other, lesser, powers derived from it.

(Example: Telekinesis/Psychokinesis => Levitation + Psionic Strength)

Your degree of proficiency in the power is up to each player to decide for themselves.

Note: I keep the right to disapprove a Character Sheet if a power is deemed overkill.

--

Anyone interested? Let me know so I can get crackin' on the RP & Character Sheets thread. ^^

Fairly detailed.

There won't be a minimum paragraph requirement per se; But if I notice a player consistently posting very short posts while clearly being able to write a whole lot more (based on the previous post they're replying to: Example) than I'll be forced to hand out a warning and if that behaviour would persist, I'd kill off their characted in key with the story and carry on with the others and/or possibly introduce someone else who would be willing to join.

Stating that, I do believe that there are situations where it's harder than normal to type up more than one/a few paragraphs (example: Purely combat-oriented posts) so don't be thinking I'll be handing out those warnings willy nilly or anything of the sort. I'm also not the partial type in regards to holding favorites in the RP. So even if you're the quiet type who just likes to RP without discussing situations or events with the group, you won't be targetted in any way; Vice versa goes as well, not because I know you from before or anything that I'll oversee clear 'not-done' things.

Example of things I don't want to see in the RP:

- Godmodding/Overplaying your powers or Proficiency with them

(Example would be to Never ever ever getting a scratch on you)

- Bunnying without consent; Please don't use someone else character in your posts without their respective owner's consent.

(Example: To 'bunny' someone else their character and make them take a hit from an enemy, or yourself.)

- Metagaming while realising it. I understand that sometimes people make the mistake to use Out of Character knowledge In-Game, meaning they use info that their characters wouldn't be able to know (But the writer does by reading plotideas or plotdiscussions between players of the RP).

(Example: Reading in a plotdiscussion OOC'ly that the other person has hidden motives and then writing IC'ly that your character has an 'intuitive hunch' he is about to get betrayed and prepares himself for it.)

I'd say those 3 things are the key factors to look out for in terms of 'Things Not to Do'

~~

Any more questions, input or interest Checks; Feel free to post here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back