1x1, Caldwell and CakeOfNacho [Inactive]

The time was 8:50 AM, in a small town. Inside of a large, bulky, standard high school a ruckus was going on. Inside on of the classrooms, a teacher was yelling at a student while the class kept their eyes down and sat awkwardly, unsure of what to do. In contrast, the yelling target in question had his feet on his desk, while listening to music, looking out the window. "Are you even listening McCuloch!?" "No." With a swift reply, the boy smiled at the teacher, as the old man was at a loss for words. Within minutes, he was sent outside of the class room to stand in the hallway as class went on. Everyday at the same time for the past month or so since the start of the school year this has been going on.

The teacher was simply trying to educate the class, and Kaida scribbled down every key word he said. It was hard for the girl to understand why people didn't pay attention, or disrupted the class and took away time for her to learn. 'So noisy...' She sighs and tucks a strand hair behind her ear. She normally enjoyed her classes, but it was made into hell when the teacher went on a screaming rampage, then in a bad mood for the rest of the day. Her head throbbed. Even after Taka, the troublemaker in her class left, he continued to yell every one of his words. Kaida didn't want to leave the classroom early, but as the period and loudly spoken words dragged on, her hand shot up. For the last five minutes of class, she might as well get a head start to the next one, or stop outside for some fresh air. Upon exiting, she keeps her eyes down and walks towards the exit, though not at all planning to leave.

Watching the honor student walk past him, Taka glared at the goodie two shoes. Once the bell rang, Taka waited for the old man, only to be told to go to the principals. After receiving a boring lecture on respect, Taka was sent to his next period with only twenty minutes left. Naturally, he lounged around the hallways, narrowly skipping the hall monitors as he waited for the third period.

Rather than going to class, Kaida gets called down to the office. The principal asks something odd of her, in which she found hard to but had to accept. She went down the halls in search of the troublemaker from earlier, in order to "be a good influence." It takes a while, but she finally spots him. She walks up, and crosses her arms silently, eyes fixed on his face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far, Taka was having an alright day. Some nice tracks and a relaxing stroll, plus he got out of class. However, he came face to face with a petite girl staring straight at him. Raising his eye brow and scrunching his face slightly, he removed one bud from his ear. "Move." He put it bluntly, not wanting to have small chatter.

After a long exhale, Kaida shakes her head. "I can't do that. I'm supposed to help you. Just... Get back to class, okay?" Kaida wasn't the best at being assertive. Although she didn't want to force anything on him, she also didn't want to get on the Principal's bad side.

The girl was starting to look familiar, although he couldn't recall from where. "Yeah suuure, no problem. My class is over there, buh bye!" With a sarcastic smile, Taka walked past the girl, no intention of walking to class.

"You're in my class," she jogs in front of him, then stopping to block from going any further. "The Principal asked me to do this, it's not by my will either."

"Oh, yeah huh." Thinking for a moment, he snapped his fingers. "Right, you're name is Kappa or something right?" He made an accomplished face, having remembered a class mate's name.

"I... No..." she sighs, being silent for a moment before reminding him. "Kaida. My name is Kaida. We need to get back to class, you know." She absolutely hated missing class.

This girl's impatient attitude was starting to piss him off. "Kaida. Right. I'm Taka. And I refuse to head to the classroom, there's only five minutes left." The sounds coming from the inside classrooms were beginning to get louder, signaling the almost ringing of the bell. Soon, it would be lunch time. Looking past the girl, he began to ponder what he should buy from the cafeteria to eat. "Something sweet today..." He started to smile and drift off to his own world, completing forgetting the presence of the girl.

"I know your name," she interrupts his daydreams. "It doesn't matter how much time is left, we just need to get back to the classroom." Her arms cross, and she looks back at the classroom with a nervous expression. "I heard he brought in sweets today..." It was a lie, but hopefully what she mumbled will prompt him to return.

"WHAT?!" He jumped back, arms raised in shock. "Are you serious? You're not joking right?! C'mon, what are you standing around for? We got to get to class!" Grabbing her arm, he made a mad dash straight into the classroom, not even waiting for a yes, no, nor stop.

It wasn't a doubt that Taka was humorous, or that he liked sweets. She laughs lightly at his reactions as she's pulled to the classroom. "We're here, sir." she smiles towards the teacher, who smiles back.

The students looked shocked at their sudden entrance, probably even more shocked Taka actually showed up. "Can you please release me?" Kaida looks at her arm.

Looking around frantically, he looked for any sign of a treat. 'Oh, maybe he's giving them out at the end of class.' Turning towards Kaida, he obliged by nodding frantically and releasing his hand, then jogging over to his desk, only to sit down rather mightily and straight, looking up at the teacher, observing his every movement. To the other students, it looked like he was actually taking class seriously. Even if he did have one earbud in with audible music coming from the other.

A feeling of accomplishment filled her. Maybe it'd be easier than he thought. Hopefully he wouldn't be angered that there weren't actual treats, though. Kaida shakes her head with a small smirk, returning to her seat behind Taka. It was a lot easier to focus when he wasn't being a distraction in the class. The amount of time left in the class lowered.

Once the bell had rung and the students filed out for lunch, Taka sat there dumbfounded with his mouth left open. "Of all the..." Standing up and shoving his hands in his pockets he stomped over to the door, kicking a desk making it slide from its spot in the process. Losing himself between the crowds, he found himself in one of the stairways, lounging on the steps munching on some pastries. After finally getting over being tricked by an... Honors student, Taka regained his composure and began planning how to ditch school.

The bell rang, and Kaida watches Taka's reaction. It was sad, and a ping of guilt got at her. Following his steps, she moves the deck back and place before ordering sweet things at lunch. Though she was hungry, it wouldn't be for her. Kaida was determined to succeed at the task given, and would give it as a sort of peace offering to Taka. Upon finding him, she holds then out for him. "Here..."

Having started to doze off, he opened on eye and watched her. "Oi, you can just blow this off you know. There's nothing in it for you, so you don't have to follow me around." He was slightly irritated, not at her, but the fact that she was trying to apologize earnestly.

She pushes the treats into his hand, despite his seemingly sleepy state. "Here." Kaida wasn't about to take that at all. It wasn't becoming just the Principal's wish that motivated, but her own competitive nature. It was a challenge, and all challenges needed to be finished. "It isn't going to be that easy for me to give up, you know."

Not going to deny free snacks, Taka sat up next to Kaida, not looking at her, but biting in instead. After a few minutes of silence he muttered, "If you say so." Looking at her she seemed kind of stubborn. Sticking his tongue out at her, he got up and started walked down the steps and into the corridor.

Feeling awkward sitting alone, she follows behind him quietly. Kaida didn't have many friends, so she normally ate alone. Did he eat alone, too?

"Uhm, Taka?" she breaks the silence as she follows behind him, an honest question popping into her head.

"Hm?" 'Oh, so she still wanted to follow him. This girl should be hanging out with her friends or studying, if anything the principal is messing her school life by having her watch over him. "Did you need something?"

"Why don't you try a little bit in school?" Her head tilts with the question. It didn't require too much effort, at least to her. Kaida would ask why he even bothers to show up, but decides against it. She wouldn't want to promote completely skipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back