• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Your IQ is WHAT?!? (Reboot)

Freddie

newcreate.php

Welcome to the OOC tab, where drama is certainly forbidden. Permissible things include plotting, questions, concerns, and making friends.

I'll introduce myself. I'm Freddie, and I'm about to be a freshman in college. I'm a very big science person, but I also enjoy anthropology and languages. I do a lot of gardening. My interests other than that include watching an ungodly number of crime shows, and sometimes art. Feel free to contact me with any comments/questions/concerns- I promise I don't bite!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a certain where you want all of the character sheets up? I probably won't be able to put mine up until tomorrow.

JujuBee said:
Is there a certain where you want all of the character sheets up? I probably won't be able to put mine up until tomorrow.
There's the character sign up tab :)

Wait no. I have a bad error in that question xD .

I meant to ask is there a time when you want them all up. My bad lol.

@Freddie

JujuBee said:
Wait no. I have a bad error in that question xD .
I meant to ask is there a time when you want them all up. My bad lol.

@Freddie
As soon as possible, probably? There is a window because I'm trying to move into college in the next few days, though...

@London Fog I totally love Felix! I also liked that you used Owen for his picture. I read his Drabbles and Ramblings in Owen's voice and I can absolutely picture him saying it.

Last day to get a CS in before we start with relationship building and plotting!!!

Hey Y'all! It's time for us to decide character relationships- some of these will be from before the start of the roleplay, and some might be ideas that we'll eventually plan out... That being said, here's what I'm thinking for Tabitha's relationships- lemme know what you think, and feel free to edit/add to/subtract from these.

Felix Bergfalk: I can see Tabitha looking towards him as a source of guidance, as she's only 17 and has like 0 social skills. I could also see her wanting him to play the role of garage parent, to make sure the others eat and stuff. @London Fog

Gwen: I can see Tabitha looking up to Gwen because she has a PhD, as well as asking for help with the most ridiculous household fixes (the coffee machine is broken, the lights went out and we need to steal electricity) because obviously Gwen is the most qualified for that. @theunderwolf

John: I can see Tabitha and John being partners in crime, totally. They're the same age and they're the youngest, so that obviously gives them the right to raise hell with ridiculous experiments neither are qualified to do. They could also totally work on a project together about natural (plant derived) remedies for common (and uncommon) physiological problems. Also, if you'd be up for it, I could totally see Tabitha hardcore crushing on him. @hitman654

Lord: I can see Tabitha being annoyed by Lord, who doesn't act like the rest of the garage members and really doesn't participate. Maybe Felix (@London Fog) has to run interference or something? Also I can see Tabitha being really annoying about the motorcycle issue because "by golly they're loud!!!" @Idees

Pandora: I could see Tabitha being annoyed if Pandora kept shrinking her, maybe? Or perhaps she's Jealous of Pandora since she's almost her age and has a PhD, while Tabitha doesn't. Also Tabitha would totally be that person who begs to read the inklings of every idea and passage from Pandora's newest novels. @CrimsonEclipse

Channing: I can see Tabitha being really confused as to why Channing is at the garage, but she respects it anyways. I can also see Tabitha and Channing becoming confidantes and Tabitha pushing Channing to get back into Astronomy. @JujuBee

Finn: I can see Tabitha and Finn being friends despite having nothing in common, and just occasionally casually ask one another about how their work is going. Like a totally friendly and chill relationship, and they'd feel comfortable going to one another about most things. @Zelda18

Anyways please do these for your own characters, and feel free to add to/subtract from/otherwise change their relationship with Tabitha. This isn't going to be set in stone, but it's a good starting place!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh, this is going to be fun.

Tabitha: @Freddie I definitely agree with your take on their relationship. I can see Felix becoming rather attached to her, as well as protective. With their relationship being like that, they could bounce ideas off of one another, actually talk, maybe get a little silly. Their relationship is probably going to be much more balanced than those he has with others, so he might open up to her from time to time. He's really big on natural remedies, too, so he'll bee consulting her a lot about good medicinal plants. Oh, and he's definitely going to be nervous about her hijinks with John

Gwen: @theunderwolf Felix is a fantastic listener, and if he thinks it would make her happy, he would so definitely sit through whatever hundred thousand things she has to say. Granted, he might have to do this as he's making dinner or something, but he'll be there. Sure, sometimes that means nodding through a lot of stuff that he doesn't understand, but when she touches base on something he does know about, he really enjoys listening to her, even contributing if he can find a window. Someone as energetic as Gwen will often need an outlet, and Felix would be happy to do that for her. Also, working with machines also means working with potentially rusty metals and sharp objects, so I imagine he's very antsy about making sure her tetanus shots are up-to-date, and that he's prepared to dress flesh wounds. He doesn't want it to come to that, though, so he checks in on her a lot, just like Lord. I imagine she doesn't mind quite as much as Lord, though.

John: @hitman654 Felix might be a tiny little bit apprehensive about John since, if you and Freddie are in agreement, he'll be the one goofing off with Tabitha and doing things that really aren't that dangerous. Felix is still going to find some reason to complain about it, though. I feel as though they might have kind of a strange relationship even without factoring in Tabitha just because John seems hypermasculine and very in-shape whereas Felix is pretty feminine and a little out-of-shape. He's still going to do copious research to make sure that he gets proper nutrition for someone of his fitness level, and he's going to be keeping a lot of IcyHot on hand. Maybe sometime, for the sake of comic relief, John could try getting Felix to bench press a little weight, the sort of thing John could lift with one hand without breaking a sweat, and Felix can't even take it off the rack.

Lord: @Idees Well, considering that Lord likes having things done for her, and Felix likes to do things for people, they should get along just fine up until the point that he insists on checking in on her when she's working on a motorcycle or something. Her job is probably more dangerous than anyone else's at the garage, so Felix is probably going to be a little on the paranoid side about her safety. But in spite of her being a distant person, she seems like a stable person, so he'll probably know what her favorite foods are, how she takes her coffee, how she likes her things cleaned, and things will just proceed like so. And like Freddie said, he'll be playing peacemaker between her and Tabitha.

Pandora: @CrimsonEclipse In public or elsewhere crowded, Felix would stick very close to Pandora if she's with the group, probably having picked up that she's super shy and not all that into social interaction. He's not very brave, either, but he would definitely put on a brave face for her if it meant making her feel safer. If I may directly reference your character form, he'd probably be the one taking her to the bathroom in the middle of the night. He'd also pick up on the fact that she's very withdrawn and try to draw her out a little bit. Nothing too big. He'd just ask for her opinion in group discussions, have one-sided conversations with her, maybe ask her for some help with cooking. Anything to get her out there. If she managed to speak in public or yell at someone who deserved it, he'd probably cry tears of joy.

Channing: @JujuBee Considering that Channing isn't one of the geniuses and is pretty capable of taking care of himself, Felix would have a hard time finding an angle with him. Since he doesn't like messes, they might make good cleaning buddies if the place is really a wreck. On occasion, he might just awkwardly ask him about some random astronomy topic because he thinks it's cool as hell. Other than that, he's happy to cook and clean for him just like everyone else, but there's no real connection. He might actually kind of avoid him a little, just because he seems like a confrontational person, and Felix is quite the opposite. Channing might do the same because he sees Felix as spineless. He wouldn't be wrong.

Finn: @Zelda18 While Finn is another character with whom Felix wouldn't have a specific "connection," they would probably make an effective conflict diffusion squad. Neither of them are into fighting or conflict, so when Finn takes the offensive and cracks some sort of joke or alternate solution, Felix will always be there to back it up and make sure it works. He'll also be there to laugh at his joke if it bombs, or do his best to keep the garage at a decent temperature, or clean his instruments when he's not around. Felix tries to help Finn, as you can see, but he does so quietly so that he doesn't feel cramped or anything. He would hate for that to happen.

Oh, and all of these are up for discussion. They're just my thoughts based on your forms alone, and they could be made better with your input.

Here's my take on things, feel free to tell me if you think things would go differently between our characters or whatever~

Tabitha: @Freddie I totally agree about the whole chill, comfortable friendship. I see Finn asking her for advice and even help at times, like lending an ear to give an opinion on piece of music he's working on.

Felix: @London Fog Conflict diffusion squad it is! Finn would be grateful when Felix laughs at his terrible puns/jokes when he's trying to lighten to mood of the garage(even if he doesn't think they're funny). Also, just being a laid-back guy like himself would make Finn fond of him as a person.

Gwen: @theunderwolf Finn would get along fairly well with Gwen as he doesn't mind if others are doing the talking or he is. They're both pacifists as well, so their friendship should be pretty smooth. And since she plays violin, there's that they have in common. Her bluntness would be appreciated. He might have to ask her for help on occasion whenever he needs something with an engine fixed.

John: @hitman654 I can see Finn cheerfully telling John that he's played nearly a dozen sports throughout his life- and sucked at pretty much all of them. Aside from that, Finn would treat him just as he does everyone else in the house; occasionally asking his opinion on a song he's working on and things like that.

Lord: @Idees If Lord likes to convince others to do things for her, Finn's her guy. He also might ask her for help when his van inevitably breaks down. Her carefree attitude is similar to his own, so they should get along pretty well.

Pandora: @CrimsonEclipse Finn would gather that she was shy and make an actual effort to not just blurt out whatever he was thinking to her. I can see him being rather awkward around her as well as he tries not to say anything that might bother her- and probably just end up biting his lip the whole time they're interacting.

Channing: @JujuBee Finn isn't a genius in anything but music, so he would probably be more on the same mental wavelength as Channing more often than the others and get along with him. He would be too absent-minded to wonder about why Channing decided to live in the garage with them or even think of him as different than the other geniuses.

Tabitha: @Freddie: Gwyn is astounded at the shear amount of technical trouble Tabitha seems to have. Gwen would do anything for her mentally adopted little sister though. Tabitha compliments her well, a genius on equal level with an entirely different skill set and While Gwen loves talking at her, she enjoys hearing bout the mysteries of botany and biology even more, Tabitha was the girl that finally elucidated the idea of a gleam in some one eyes that happens when they talk about their passions really elucidated in Gwen. But she really needs to wear shoes in Gwen's workplace. Seriously. You're gonna rip your feet up lass.

Felix: @London Fog Felix is too nice. Like its freaky. He listens well and speaks well and doesn't mind a little eccentricity. He bothers her a little because he seems too nice and she's scared of well him turning out too good to be true. But she appreciates his domestic skills. She loves his food and cleaning and he delivers a kind ear and cookies. The cookies are important.

John: @hitman654 John! PUNCH ME! Is there relationship in a nutshell. John was no t the only one who got into fights when he was little, Gwen has been in fights and has about an equal win loss rank she's no martial artist but she's decently quick on her feet and years of lifting heavy machinery has given her a scary right hook. She doesn't mind being used as a punching bag as it lets her vent and she gets a few good hits in. Outside of sparring, she likes his loyal personality and the fact that she can talk him into lifting heavy objects.

Lord: @Idees Finally someone that can fix an engine on demand! Gwyn likes having Lord around in the garage. She admits Lord might be better with engines, while Gwen thrives in tinkering with gears and robots and general electronics. Personality wise Gwen wishes she got off the couch a little more. I mean Lady there are Machines to make LETS GOOOOOOOO. Other than that they coolly get along as professional partners and sometime rivals.

Pandora: @CrimsonEclipse Gwen really likes Pandoa and envys a girl near her age with not one but two parents. But seriously, Gwens biggest guilty pleasure is Pandoras writing. When she was young when she was forced to take breaks from making windup toys she had books shoved in her hands. And Pandora's were her favorites. They were her guilty pleasure for ten years and then she moved in with the author. what. Gwen instantly latched onto Pandora. While she is aware the girl is easily flustered, especially by chatter. But Pandora is one of the few people that Gwen will shut up for and listen to. Gwen really loves hearing Pandora tell or describe stories and has made little sci-fi gadgets based on them that she loves showing Pandora. In return She does whatever Pandora needs from her, fixing things, calming her down and distracting her whenever she's scared and trying to teach her how to use a screwdriver (Also Maybe crush? not sure where I want to develop this)

Channing: @JujuBee Gwen's favorite color is green. How. it used to be steel or brass but now its green. How. But she likes channing really. He picks up after her (but puts all her tools in the wrong place). He always is honest with his emotions. But he is always honest about his emotions. Disturbingly so. Hes a great scientific thinker with his study of astronomy. BUT he doesn't really treat it like a passio its just a thing he does. The point of is that channing rankles Gwyn She likes him but talking to him is like scratching an itch pleasent but it bothers a bit.

Finn: @Zelda18 Gwen likes Finn. They both have no filter though Gwen seems to run her words a little faster but talking is always fun and illuminating, and his lack of impulse control makes him fun to be around. She loves listening to him play and wants to play with him though that whole no motavation and emotional block caused by her fathers death prevent her. She's promised herself that she will someday though.

Well, here's mine. Please feel free to correct or improve me.

Tabitha: @Freddie With Tabitha, Lord will generally stay away and will only pop up every now and then to annoy Tabitha. She can’t understand Tabitha very well, but she finds it interesting to ask Tabitha on all sorts of things until she has tested Tabitha’s patience. Then Felix will have to intervene and direct Lord to something else.

Felix: @London Fog Lord doesn’t know what to make of Felix. She finds amusement in ordering him around, but at the same time she is quite self-conscious towards Felix expressing care for her safety. With Felix’s overwhelming mother-henning, Lord will attempt her best to avoid him when he is like that. If she gets frustrated enough, Lord will throw a tantrum and disappear for a few hours.

Gwen: @theunderwolf I can see Lord attempting her best to avoid Gwen. Lord, although relaxed, gets pretty uncomfortable when people start to talking and never seem to stop. But if Gwen corners her, Lord will tune her out and just deal with her passively. She’ll also feel uncomfortable with Gwen near her work, as she’ll feel intimidated and think that Gwen will attempt to take over her work. Especially around her motorcycles. Lord, though, will interact with Gwen properly and mess around by creating crazy things with her.

John: @hitman654 Lord will be quite amiable towards John, and will often attempt to seek him out for some spars. Lord admires John’s dedication to his craft, but has very few interactions with him.

Pandora: @CrimsonEclipse Lord will feel awkward around her. Pandora is too shy and too easily scared for Lord to feel comfortable annoying. She’ll often act gruff or uncaring around Pandora, but won’t really make a fuss if Pandora asks anything.

Channing: @JujuBee Lord would probably get along swimmingly with Channing, but with her annoying other people and devil-may care attitude, she could also rub him the wrong way. A frienmie relationship, you would say?

Finn: @Zelda18 Lord finds amusement in Finn, both in annoying him and watching him being impulsive. If he asks for help like fixing the van, Lord would tease him mercilessly and then help him when he isn’t looking. Maybe she’d hang out with him often?

Jolly good - Sorry I'm getting in on this slightly late :P

Tabitha/ @Freddie : Yeah I completely agree with your interpretation - they'd be off doing some ridiculous shit neither one is actually qualified to do and I can see John getting really attached to her because he might well see her as the "sister he never had" - that could also be a bit of a problem if Tabitha started crushing on him since, because he's only smart about the human body, he has absolutely no idea about human psychology. He honestly probably wouldn't notice unless unless she told him outright and I can kind of imagine a "fish-out-of-water" kind of response where he panics slightly, since he spent most of his youth either fighting or getting his degree, he wouldn't really have had a serious girlfriend or anything like that.

Felix/ @London Fog : Well first of all it's nice to see Felix again xD . I think Felix and John could go one of two ways with their relationship - they could either be good friends or Felix could seriously irritate John. My money is on the former but tbh the rp isn't as much fun without a little bit of tension between the group - although I'm not sure again, feel free to PM me about this. I reckon they could be good friends since they're both loyal people and John most certainly wouldn't feel threatened by Felix's masculinity (or lack thereof - if you don't mind me saying xD ) but I can definitely imagine that John would help Felix out if he asked to get into a fitter state since John would know exactly how to get Felix into better shape. On the other hand, if Felix were constantly questioning John's decisions or trying to get him to eat a certain way (he's a qualified physiotherapist so that would piss him off greatly xD ) they could easily have a falling out.

Guinevere/ @theunderwolf : If Guinevere fought a lot as a kid and sought out John for a sparring match I'm pretty sure John would love that - excluding the occasional tournament and his weekly 4 hour MMA sessions he doesn't get much sparring experience. I can imagine them getting pretty close from these fights - I can imagine him asking Guinevere to hold the pads or the punching bag when he gets frustrated or needs to blow off some steam. That being said I can imagine John literally - point blank refusing to punch a woman though since he can be a bit old-fashioned in some views (don't hit a lady, etc). I also can see John trying to adopt a kind of education role for Guinevere, teaching her some basic martial arts or adding to her street fighting knowledge.

Lord/ @Idees : I don't think John and Lord would come into contact very often - they have completely different attitudes and hobbies - despite that I don't imagine there being any hostility in their relationship since they're both in the garage. I think that if Lord has knowledge of capoiera that since it is a fighting style that John has never encountered before he would be quite interested in seeing it's use - since capoiera focuses on flashier moves whilst MMA and kickboxing are almost entirely about efficiency and speed.

Pandora/ @CrimsonEclipse : I think John would get along with Pandora, probably seeing her as quite a delicate person due to her tendencies to be quiet and shy - this would probably end up with him trying to protect her from things. I'm not 100% sure how she'd react to that, maybe a "well OK then" kind of reaction where she just sort of goes with it since it probably doesn't get in the way all that much - alternatively she could have the "I can handle myself - fuck off" reaction. I don't really see that coming from Pandora but heck she's your character so you decide if she's gonna go for either of those reactions or something along the spectrum.

Channing/ @JujuBee : I'm honestly not sure how Channing and John would interact, something tells me that they could be good friends, whilst John is more physically inclined and Channing is more oriented towards communications and astronomy. I can imagine the two of them going down to the gym together and having them both spotting for each other so they could become pretty firm friends. I also think their personalities could match pretty nicely, they're both pretty chilled but Channings insistence of being neat would probably just tend to amuse John.

Finnley/ @Zelda18 : John loves music but him and Finn aren't exactly the same type of person. Physically or personality wise. I'd quite like for them to interact though, it could potentially be interesting since Finn has spent his life avoiding fights whilst John actively seeks them out in competitions and such. Aside from that I don't really know how they'd interact.

If you disagree or want me to clarify on something I said feel free to PM me :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back