• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Young Adult [w/ Seeley]

Ashly spotted a dog making its way over to them, and she had Zorua in a down stay, regardless of how anxious the canine was. Who's dog is that....? She told herself, glancing at the dog. Zorua let out a soft whine, but she stayed where she was and waited for Ashly to give the okay.

As Ansgar neared, he kept his head low and his gait slowed. He stepped up onto the sidewalk and stopped, wiggling his nose at the dog and woman across from him. His ears pricked momentarily and his turned, catching the sound of his name in the distance, but ignoring it.

"Ansgar!"

The dog only focused on what he was doing, lowering his head more to seem less threatening as he sniffed at Zorua.

"Ans...gar...!" Pierce called, though out of breathe once he reached the top of the hill and rested his hands on his knees. Still the dog ignored him and Pierce's brows furrowed. He stood straight and began approaching the dog, calling him firmly again.

"Ansgar." The dog looked up then whimpered, slowly backing away from his object of interest. "Jeez... I'm so sorry. I don't even know why he-- Oh?" He stopped short in surprise, noticing Ashly when he looked up. He smiled lightly. Well, this was a surprise...

Ashly glanced up to see Pierce and she smiled softly before releasing her hold on Zorua, but the dog stayed close. She tilted her head to one side, glancing at the Doberman and then back at Ashly. She whined softly, hoping she would be released so she could say hi. Ashly gave the okay, and the German Shepherd sat up and went over to greet the other dog.

"So, this is your dog huh? Handsome fella. What a surprise to see you here Pierce." Ashly said with a soft smile abs and glanced at the two. Zorua wagged her tail slightly at the other dog, curious about the canine.

"Yeah. Uh... Thanks." Pierce brushed a nervous hand through his hair before awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "...Sorry if he freaked you out at all. I don't know what got into him. He just sorta decided to break off his leash and scamper off."

He paused to momentarily glanced over at the dogs acquainting themselves. Ansgar sniffed Zorua's pelt before giving her side a few sharp pokes with his nose and getting down into a play bow.

His gaze then shifted back to Ashly. "Yeah. This is a coincidence, though. Almost creepy." He chuckled. 'She remembered my name...' He didn't know why, but something about that made him beam inside.

Zorua sniffed the brute and then let out a playful bark before putting herself into a playful bow,wiggling her rump. Ashly watched the two dogs and smiled, as she admired Zorua's playfulness towards another dog."He didn't freak me out. And ha this isn't creepy, I've had worse encounters than this." She admitted with a chuckle and brushed her hair out of her eyes.

"So..... She said, trying figure something to say. Why can't I start a conversation with him....? She told herself, and then glanced at the dogs, and then back at Pierce.

(*Oh my gosh - I'm sorry. I didn't even realize you posted until now!*)

"Oh. Well, uh... Good, then." He made an uneasy chuckle. Though, her next words caused him to hike an eyebrow. "...Worse encounters?" He inquired nosily.

Ansgar playfully lunged toward Zorua, ears pricked with a sharp whimper. He lightly nipped at her fur on her shoulder.

Ashly nodded her head."Yep, and cops were involved. I sometimes get nightmares from time to time...." She admitted and she felt ashamed of herself for admitting it, but it was true. Ashly hoped he wouldn't ask what happened, since they were all so recent. The young woman wished it didn't happen, but she had Zorua now to at least protect her.

She glanced over at the two dogs and chuckled at their playing antics and then glanced back at Pierce. Zorua moved to one side and nipped Ansgar on the shoulder in return. She let out a bark and lunged towards the other dog."They seem to really get along." Ashly said, admiring the two canines.

"Oh... Wow." Pierce moved a hand to rub at the back of his neck. He thought about inquiring further, but decided against it to not be rude.

Ansgar sat then slowly laid down on the ground and turned over in defeat. He paddled his paws at Zorua with playful whines while his beenie tail bobbed against the pavement.

He looked when she directed his attention to the dogs and laughed briefly. "I see that..." He smiled as he watched them and crossed his arms over his chest. "Maybe they need more play dates."

(Sorry I had to make a new account, for some reason I could not rememeber my login, so this is me, but just on a new account!)

Ashly chuckled and brushed some random strands of hair from her face. "I agree, they do need more play dates. Uh this might sound odd, but if you would like to, you could come by my place and bring along Ansgar, if you'd like. It's okay if not, but I think it would be a better place for them to play than out here." She said and then glanced at Zorua who put herself into a playful bow and let out a odd barking grunting sound, tail wagging behind her. She pawed at the side of the male, tongue hanging out of her maw.

Ashly watched the two play and watched how Zorua interacted with the other dog. Zorua hardly played with any other dogs, even if Ashly allowed it. But it was nice to see the German Shepherd to finally have someone to play with that was her size and was a perfect buddy for her. Zorua tilted her head to one side, waiting to see what the male would do next. She let out a sharp bark, but quickly got a look from Ashly and laid down.

(*Oh, cool cool. I was wondering where you were. I'm going to message you.*)

"That sounds...like fun. I'm sure Ansgar would enjoy getting out the house more to play with another dog instead of just boring me and one of his toys." He chuckled. There was a moment of silence in which Pierce had casually folded his arms over his chest, then soon spoke again with a little laugh to his voice. "It's kinda funny... like we're planning a play date for our children or something."

When Zorua got into a bow, Ansgar was going to make a playful lunge for her chest. Though, the sharp bark she made only made him respond with a low growl that ended in a sort of whine then lean back down and continue to paw at her. It wasn't until she laid down that he leaned up on his elbows and began sniffing her neck and face, lightly nudging her with his nose and licking her pelt.

Pierce slid a hand into his pocket to pull out his phone while watching the dogs. He pressed a few things on the screen before holding it out to Ashly. "Here, let's exchange numbers to make this easier." For a moment, he glanced back over to the dogs and shook his head with a little smirk. He gave the blonde a little nudge before nodding toward their pets. "Looks like this might become more than a play date. I think he's trying to 'woo' her." He joked.

(Ha yea, but I am here!)

Ashly felt the nudge and rolled her eyes with chuckle. It was more of a playful eye roll than the annoyed one which she used to give to those at the bar. She whisked out her phone and slid her finger across to unlock the screen. She handed him her phone while she took his and punched in her number. "There you go. And ha it seems that she's trying to play hard to get." She said watching the two canines interact. "It does seem that we are planning play dates for them. And there will be plenty of drinks and food. She added and then glanced back over at Zorua who pretend to ignore the male dog.

The shepherd made a playful noise and rolled onto her side, jaws open showing her teeth. She pawed at the other dog, being completely playful, which wasn't normal for the k-9 in training. Ashly thought it was best to give the dog a break from all the hard work and training she had gone through. The dog already knew many commands in German and also knew other things. Ashly was glad to have a great dog like Zorua in her life, she really needed the company of another being, let alone a dog who even though couldn't talk to her, was able to understand and be there for Ashly.

Taking her phone when she handed it to him, he typed in his number and saved it as 'Pierce & Ansgar'. He laughed at her words then handed back her phone. "Sounds like they're going to get a better date arranged than I've ever been on." He chuckled.

When Zorua turned over, Ansgar got to his feet with a playful jolt, hopping on his front paws a bit. He leaned his head down to sniff her chest then gave her a playful nip before leaping back and whimpering. The dog's sounds caused Pierce to look up and he laughed a little again. "I think he gave up for now... I'll have you know, though, Ansgar's quite the persistent Casanova." He teased with a bit of a cocky air. "You've been warned."

Ashly chuckled and glanced at the two dogs before commenting. "Ha well Zorua is a bit of a flirt and hard to get, so he better be careful." She said. Zorua rolled away and sat up, front legs splayed out slightly. The black German Shepherd let her tongue hang out of her maw and then stood up. She walked by the Doberman, a smug look on her face. The vixen waited till she was able to turn around and tackled the other canine.

"Zorua..... Be gentle....." Ashly said, warning the female shepherd. Zorua stopped and moved away, knowing that Ashly was right and backed off, and sat down on her haunches. A whine escaped from her, and pawed the Doberman. "Ha it seems like they are trying to tell us something." Ashly added, looking at Pierce and then shifted her gaze away from him.

Pierce only made a smirkish smile at Ashly's words. Ansgar watched Zorua carefully, his eyes following her once she got up and began almost circling him. Then, she leapt at him and tumbled to the ground. The fall didn't seem to phase him much; he liked a little rough play. He stayed on the ground on his back, and playfully stretched his front paws up toward her face. Though, he let his movements settle when the female seemed to back off.

Ansgar turned back over and his pricked ears swiveled as he listened to the things around him, yet kept focused on the other dog. When she pawed at him, he lunged to grab her paw, but was sure to hold it very carefully, giving it a puppy-like gnaw before releasing it. His tail wiggled and he gave a sort of high-pitched, whiny bark at the shepherd.

Pierce chuckled and hiked an eyebrow before looking over at Ashly. "Really? What do you think that could be?" His casually folded arms shifted a little over his chest to get comfortable again.

"Well they might want to play away from the street and I think they like each other, well at least as friends from what I can see. Zorua never acts likes this around dogs unless she likes them, which is a rare site." She said, looking at the two dogs.

Zorua flattened her ears only slightly before nibbling on the Doberman's left ear. She answered back with a whine of her own, watching the other dog carefully. Someone caught the shepherd's attention, making her stop being in playful mode, to protective mode. The German Shepherd let out a loud warning bark, warning the other person to go away. Ashly turned her head to see someone coming their way, at a fast pace.

"Zorua, easy girl....." She said to the barking dog, who's ears were straight back and fangs fully exposed. "Zorua, fuse!" She commanded, firmly in German. The dog stopped and walked over to Ashly and sat at her side. "Who on earth is that....? Can this day not get any worse for me? You made my day better Pierce." She said with a soft smile.

"Yeah..." Pierce nodded slowly. "That at-home play date is probably better. They do seem to like each other. Ansgar's pretty friendly with other dogs, but he doesn't usually get a lot of playtime with them."

Ansgar scrunched his face and dipped his head slightly when Zorua nibbled his ear. When she stopped, he shook his head, then noticed her tense. He put his nose into the air to sniff before quickly getting to his feet. The black fur on his back rose slightly and he returned to sit in front of Pierce, stammering his feet anxiously and occasionally glancing back.

Pierce leaned down to slip Ansgar's collar back on before tightening it a little more. He then turned to Ashly. "It'll be alright. Let's just wait a second to see what they want, then go from there. I won't let anything go wrong." He said in a defensive manner.

Ashly nodded her head in agreement and for some reason, she felt safe with him there. Yes she had Zorua as her protection, but with Pierce there, she felt much safer. "Thank you Pierce." She said, and glanced at the person hurrying over to them. The two dogs were watching this human carefully, making sure that their owners were safe.

The person ran along, bumping into Ashly, roughly, causing her to stumble a bit from the impact. "Hey! Watch it! You almost knocked me over!" She shouted at the person, as she regained her balance and glared at the person."Well then get outta my way then miss!" The person called back, turning his head. Ashly fumed with anger, eyes narrowed. "Well then next time say excuse me." She replied. She was in no mood now to deal with this idiot. Can't I ever take a break here?! She asked herself.

Zorua growled at the man, lips drawn back, shielding Ashly from him with her own body. The shepherd really didn't like this person what so ever. She let the person know that he wasn't allowed here. The black dog's hackles rose along her spine, her fur fluffing out.

"Sure thing," Pierce said, giving an affirmative nod toward Ashly. He then turned to watch the person approach alongside her.

When the person came close, but didn't stop, only running by while shoving Ashly in the process, Pierce swiftly grabbed her arms when she stumbled to make sure she didn't fall. He cast the rude, passing guy a glare.

Ansgar growled when the man's tone took a displeasing tone.

"Ansgar..." Pierce scolded firmly, giving his leash just a slight tug. The dogs tail made an anxious wag as he looked back at his owner and whimpered before focusing on the man again. The redhead's hands moved to up to the young woman's shoulders, giving them reassuring pats and a couple of squeezes. "Don't let some ignorant idiot bother you."

It took him a moment to realize that he had touched her in a more friendly manner than he was actually acquainted. As soon as he noticed, his hands sort of flew away from her with a slight jump back. A hand moved to awkwardly rub the back of his neck. "...Let's get outta here." He nodded off toward a path.

Ashly was shocked when she felt Pierce grab her and touch her. She blinked her blue eyes and heard what he said. "I agree.... We should...." She said, her voice a little shakey sounding. Ashly knelt down to clip the lead on Zorua's collar, and stood up.

The young woman watched as the guy ran along and she only shook her head before turning towards Pierce, Zorua along side her, not moving. After what had happened, the German Shepherd was no longer in a playful mood, she was in guard mode. "So where to?" She asked him, running a hand through her dirty blonde hair. After what had happened, she really wanted to go elsewhere, since she could tell that Zorua was getting stressed and agitated which was not often for the dog.

Pierce thought for a moment before shrugging. "Well, home would feel pretty nice right about now, wouldn't it?" He chuckled briefly. "I'll walk you to your car? Well, Ansgar and I both." He smiled lightly. He had assumed that she had probably parked somewhere nearby before taking her pet on a walk.

Ashly chuckled softly before answering. "Ha well I did manage to drive here. Thanks, for willing to walk me to my car. It's not far, its up around that corner." and then pointed to exactly where the car was parked. She was referring to her '66 Ford Mustang, which was her baby, her pride and joy of her life ever since she first got the car. It used to be her father's car till he passed away, and the car was given to her at such a young age. Once Ashly was able to drive it, she could see why her father left it for her. It seemed to suit her just right, and she fell in love with the car.

Thinking of the memories she and her father had while cruising around and having a blast, brought tears to Ashly's eyes, since she missed her father lots. She wiped her eyes before anyone, especially Pierce, would see or notice. The bar was the only other thing besides the car, that Ashly had left. She was torn and hurt, since she watched as all memories in the bar were burned in the flames. What am I to do now....? she asked herself.

Pierce nodded and gave Ansgar a slight tug to urge him to come along as he followed Ashly to her car. Ansgar only dipped his head and trotted along, following close to Zorua. Glancing over at Ashly while walking, Pierce seemed to notice her expressions didn't seem so at peace. "...Are...you okay? You look like something's on your mind?" He inquired. He wasn't really sure it was his place to, but he figured it couldn't hurt even if they hadn't been acquainted that long. Besides, it wasn't like she could be forced to say anything.

Ashly heard the young man speak and she cleared her throat before speaking. "Oh it is nothing..... It's just that, the bar was the last thing I had left of my father, and now that it is gone, it feels like my whole life has been turned upside down. At least I have the car that he left for me so I know that I have at least one other thing. Sorry for rambling, sounds kind of stupid huh?" She asked him, shifting her gaze for a moment before she looked back in front of her. Why am I telling him all this? I hardly know him, but yet I feel like I can tell him almost anything... She told herself.

Zorua kept the pace next to Ashly, making sure to stay close to her human. She sensed that something was not right, but she knew that now was not the time to try to comfort her human. The German Shepherd felt the male canine close to her and she swiftly but lightly bumped into him with her black shoulder, and then gave a slight tug on the leash. "Hey now Zorua, what was that for?" Ashly asked the shepherd, who only answered her back with a soft whine, never taking her golden brown eyes off of the human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back