• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

hazel.png

#AF7D50
Tags:
joshuadim joshuadim

Untitled777_20220317210718.png
The further they fled, the more things seemed to get worse. This place was a trap! A snare for wild animals, a trap for rodents. The more they struggled, the more stuck they became. Hazel had seen all sorts of things like this in the forest, but he never imagined a building akin to those sights! And they were caught inside!

Hazel skidded to a stop with newfound determination. This wouldn't be the end of their adventure! He couldn't let Amani and Mihret be alone! "I'm left with no choice but to scorch this tormenting place with a terrific fireball!" He cast his arms up...

"Hazel, wait!" Joy shrieked.

He paused.

What's this? Did her eyes deceive her? No, certainly not! It was her kin! A Haltija, to be precise, but a Fae! Joy fluttered up to her. All the fear felt seconds prior was replaced with amicable curiosity. "Are you lost, too? Did this place capture and imprison you? Are you bound to be digested by the consumers roaming this gateway into a fate most miserable?!" She asked each question with sparkles in her eyes.

Text
unknown.png

Olivier de Lyonesse
Olivier's face was expressionless. If he took insult at the woman's lion cub remark, he did not show it. Besides, lions did not travel in packs, but prides.

Hand over heart, he gave a curt bow. "Your kind words 'onor his memory, madame." Whether Olivier gave a damn for dead, old fools too blind in life to foresee how the machinations and schemes of his children would besmirch his legacy... He also did not show. Courtly life forged a politician in much the same manner that life on the battlefield forged a warrior. Olivier commanded equal measure of both.

Without much more adieu, Olivier, Cecilia and others were bid to follow the woman inside the guild. Olivier, among other things, recognized the portrait of Haru Waaka, famed adventurer and cartographer. His eyes lingered for the appropriate amount of time before the tour recommenced, leading them on to Neanke's office, whereupon Olivier laid eyes on the mounted head of a red dragon.

Olivier thought then that he disagreed with Cecilia. This was not like leaving a criminal's corpse tied to a tree, or hanging from the gallows in the city square. No, for those were meant to ward off other ne'er-do-wells who may have shared a similar fate. This, on the other hand, was a trophy. A testament to a battle hard fought, and hard won. Olivier thought he could understand that. He sat when he was bid, the dragon head forgotten as swiftly as it had been brought to his attention. The time had come to turn to more pressing matters.

When Cecilia turned to him, Olivier folded his hands in his lap and let his eyes glance off the four corners of the high-ceilinged sanctum, saying in a low, thoughtful voice, "Mon grand-père told me stories about zese hallowed 'alls when I was a boy."

Once they'd come full circle, Olivier's eyes honed in on the wizened guildmistress. He leaned forward, steepling his hands with purpose. "I cannot speak for ze Guild. But on my 'onor, I will see to it zat the lands are made safe again.

On my return, we shall see about what Lyonesse and my uncle can do... to repair the roads across Helmos." Olivier paused to glance meaningfully around the room, seeing, perhaps, the unseen.

Devereaux.png

Devereaux

Ah, Guildtown. It had certainly been a while since Devereaux had walked its busy streets. A full decade, if he recalled correctly. It seemed as though little had changed in the time since. And it seemed their first stop would be the Red Dragon Guild, where they would hand off the scoundrels they had captured and find that there was a hefty bounty on the head of that spider they had just slain.

As the group split up, going their own ways to the various shops, emporiums, or to the Temple, Devereaux found himself with quite the conundrum. Where would he himself go? The Temple was... tempting, to say the least. If there were any gods or goddessess that he had no quarrel with, it'd be those of Love. He had also been there a few times before, so it was familiar to him and quite comforting.

There was also the shops. He needed to stock up on arrows, as well as see if he could locate a bow with a heavier draw. His bow seemed to lack that certain... punch to it that it used to have. It had proven that against the spider.

It would also allow him to prove a bit of his usefulness to those questioning if he should even still be with the company.

But maybe he could do both? They'd be spending a bit of time here. He tilted his head at the thought, the long tendrils of his hat swinging to the side as he glanced about through the holes in his mask.

He also needed more blood. He knew just the person to get it from. And so, a visit to the Temple it would be!

He took notice, as he left the guildhall, that Pepin, Cassandra, Kastalli, Calocis, Paulin, and Hazel had all went in the direction of the Temple as well. Calocis was certainly one that Devereaux would have never picked to venture into a place such as the Temple. Hazel, on the other hand, was a child. He was sure they would get shown the door quite quickly.

Regardless, Devereaux continued on. Following loosely behind the group and waving playfully at those that cast their eyes in his direction. He was a jester, after all. Jesters made people smile and laugh. And once inside the Temple, he found himself a bit overdressed. He needed to focus, however!

Once the priest introduced himself, and the others (save for Cassandra) went along their individual ways, Devereaux stepped up. "I don't believe we've met before, Saadiq. My name is Devereaux." he said politely, before giving him a theatrical bow. "The last time I visited the temple was around ten years ago, I believe, and I see a little has changed."

He then leaned in and, in a more hushed tone, spoke again. "As you likely know the answer, I pose you the question: doth the Patron Saint of the Crimson Rivers still grace these beautiful halls? I seek his blessed guidance."

Last edited:
“Well, I am here because I was curious about the temple but uhm…” she glanced at a few intertwined nearby. “It is not what I expected at all.” Kastalli let out a nervous chuckle, her eyes fixating on the half-kitsune once more. “I have been struggling to move on. In my culture, it is not common for widowed women to remarry but…I do not think he would want me to grieve the rest of my life. He always told me that my smile was what made him fall in love in the first place.” She shifted awkwardly in her seat as she eyed the priest’s tails. “However, it would not feel right moving on through means of…indulgence. I would not mind another history lesson though.” Kastalli offered him a soft smile. “My late husband was an exiled ninja from…” Her face scrunched up as she tried to recall the details. “From…what was his clan name…? She muttered to herself, growing frustrated.

After being guided to a counter by the leather worker she did not know the name of, Rinn placed the pelt on the counter and taking the sack of coins. She tested the weight for a moment, then smiled slightly, accepting that it was a good amount. Rinn then turned with the sack of coins, nodding to the other customers within the shop. She realized the shopkeeper didn't understand her words, but they knew what she wanted to do as she gave a nod to the other two in the leather shop. This time, she would try the only other language she knew. "Do you know where I could find eh job?" Rinn asked them. Stepping into the street she looked around to figure out where Yagnar had gone and what her next destination should be. Decidedly, she would have to find them work, so she would make her way towards the Adventurer's guild. She waited for a moment before entering the building she thought was the guild house following behind some others that were entering as well, a young man who looked like a prince, the other a woman with clothing she didn't recognize from anywhere she considered her self familiar to. Rinn followed them, being led by another woman into the guild house. She wasn't a member, not that it mattered to her. She just needed a job that would make her coin until the next time she needed to make some more.

Interacted with Shopkeeper, Gsera ( joshuadim joshuadim ) and Tatum ( SilverFlight SilverFlight ).

Last edited:
Nora frowns a bit before she carefully removes her current armor from the pack she was carrying. Her usual leather armor, made for her assassin work, obviously. However, she had many doubts that she would actually be taking any jobs anytime soon. If she was strapped for coin, then she would take a job. Nora would have to find the dark recesses of this city though, and have to possibly deal with a language barrier.

As the leathers were laid out, it was obvious that they were made with her succubus heritage in mind. It was… quite revealing for leather armor. Honestly, there appears to be almost zero defensive value to the equipment. That is precisely what she wanted to change.

“Yeah. Noise profile way lower, but with as much plate added as possible while not limiting movement. The company I’m traveling with had to deal with a large spider just the other day. It’s a big ask, but I’m just trying my best to survive here.”

Nora breathed a slight sigh.

”If it wasn’t obvious, my quarry usually isn’t so large and menacing. Sometimes.”

Nora takes a breath before she attempts a rather risky move. She had no idea if the gesture would mean anything to the half-Nekomata, but back home, most folk would understand. Nora draws a dagger from her side and gently lays the blade on the counter with the point directed towards herself. When someone lays out a blades, they may usually take care in placing the weapon with the point directed to the side and away from anyone.

For an assassin, it is a mark of their profession. Bound to the tool of their craft, may its edge always find the assassins mark, but never the assassin themselves.

Again, it was likely only going to make Nora look like some kind of mysterious weirdo. There was a chance a gesture such as this would fly over the young woman’s head. Worst case scenario, the half-Nekomata would pick up on the meaning and immediately call the guard. Professional or not, some folk don’t take kindly to someone who takes lives as their career.

Syll could feel a certain sting from the lukewarm words of the shopkeeper. It may be true that humility was a good trait that he had inherited from his mother, but even the young mage had a certain level of pride, and knowing that the one person he arguable saw the most during his stay here was proof once again that he was naught but another adventurer fish in the neverending stream that flowed through the streets of Guildtown. One would supposed that is still being than being a laughingstock, anyways.

His eyes lit up as he got the news of his gift being free of charge...But, would it really count as a gif if it was not paid out of his own pocket? Everyone did their part on slaying the gargantuan arachnid so if anything it could be seen more as a community-bought trinket...Would that be cheating? "Oh, that is wonderful, then! I will not complain if that is the case" After her following inquiry, he turned for a moment to stare at the wares on display. Fancy stuff, all of it was, however...

"Well...It just so happens that our encounter with the spider was...how should I say it...Enlightening. Made me realize how I was but an ant next to it" He walked slowly next to a magical staff, laid out horizontally on a small bookshelf. He traced his fingers along its surface as he scanned the craftsmanship of the arcane tool. The kind of weaponry that he has been slowly starting to understand, simply didn't suit him. "I have slowly been starting to understand the places where I shine in...So I was wondering if you have any trinkets that could amp up my...Lethality, so to speak"

The snobbish fool had been so caught up on himself, that he did not even realize just how ridiculous of a theatric display he was making.

9b0f6d20ce292777311eb77050413900.jpg

Tatum Aurani-Fafner of Abertsleigh
Tate grinned at the laughing children, clearly pleased that he had provided so good an entertainment. He adjusted his glasses with a happy smile.

The news about his spider silk was just as good as the shopkeeper gave him only several days to wait, and that the expenses were on the guild that was now housing his new company.
"That is very kind of them. Most generous indeed." He glanced back at Gsera, only to find the druid absent from the last place he had left her. He scanned the room with a puzzled expression and caught sight of her being pulled along by the hand of a small girl.

The gloves she was shown were indeed works of art and Tate approached as she tried them on, a hand behind his back and one pinching the side of his glasses thoughtfully.
"Why, they suit you perfectly!" He exclaimed. "A most fitting reward for dealing such a blow to that gargantuan beast. Speaking of, I had seen that you were hurt during the battle, though I was attending a different number of the injured. You are all right now I take it?"

Even the thought of the fight still rattled him. It was as much danger as he had ever put himself in. The feeling was both exhilarating and completely terrifying. The aftermath of it was worse though. So many injured, so many lived he could not save. All of these thoughts appeared on his youthful face now, aging it just a little.

He shook his head to clear those dark thoughts.

"Well, my business is concluded here, I await on only you." He gave a short bow to Gsera, custom of the Ælian courts, which was only half-serious. "I should visit the apothecary before we head back, or whatever serves for one in this city, to replace some of my reagents. I'll need to do a good bit of crafting this evening to remake what I spent during and after the battle...would you care to accompany me there?" It wasn't that he was afraid of getting lost...well, it was that, most certainly, but he also felt that leaving Gsera to make her way back to the guild alone would be terribly impolite.

"I wonder how the others are getting on?" He thought out loud.

joshuadim joshuadim

Calocis Fellshade
Calocis bristled outwardly at the sight of the false idols displayed with such prominence. One day, perhaps, this city would be cleansed of its impurities. He prayed that day came swiftly.

Despite his displeasure, he said nothing, his eyes veiled, as the woman prattled on about false gods, hands concealed within the fold of his fresh robes. He allowed himself to be led to the threshold of the heart of hyprocisy itself, the so-called 'Temple of all Gods'... Or something to that effect.

Even at the sight of the interior of the temple, Calocis' countenance remained measured, though his lip may have tightened, his eyebrows drawing together, his nose wrinkling in response to the carnal scent that wafted through the air. He realized then that the scent was drawing closer, and belonged to a man flanked on either side by attendants bearing the symbols of pretender gods. This place was a hive of heresy.

When the attractive man parted his luscious lips to speak of Calocis' own supposed beauty, the priest merely held up a man, meaning silence.

"Stay thy sugary words, I hath no need for such flattery."

Believing he was being cordial by not denouncing this Zayyaan for the pretender god that he was, Calocis failed to notice the man's reaction as his eyes were drawn towards a familiar sight. As his fellow Dökkálfar sauntered out of sight, Cal hurried to catch up, his long robes swishing around him as he cut an arrow's path straight through the sea of tangled bodies. He called out in their Father's tongue, saying, "Arak'sael..! Jol esh'nara!"

Brother, wait a moment.

Having encountered one another, the Haltija let out a giggle upon questioning about her presence here - whether it was involuntary or not - and shook her head. "No, nothing like that! Not at all. Would never be so, couldn't imagine it to be true." she said with a thick accent, from the lands she hailed from, and smiled. "I roam across the lands, shelter near and far, seeking the right place to stay! Not a prison, but a place to be - this be." For both Hazel and Joy, they found themselves failing to follow the fae's cadence as she held a strange rhythm to her words. But that did not stop her from continuing on: "Many of us seek a home to stay. Watching above, many away from prying eyes, but I keep myself in view! Some of us do so when we make bonds. But to all of us, life is sacred and we protect the homes that shelter so."

She then fluttered in closer to Joy and nodded eagerly: "The Spring Court maketh so! I preach for it here, and bless those who desire such. Do you want to feel the love of Summer as well?" she asked directly, circumventing all the barriers of subtlety like a hammer against a nail. But before he could react, she reached out and gently grabbed his hand and in turn caused her to recoil quickly. Her eyes lit up almost like fireballs, as if merely touching him caused her to exude more power. "...which court are you from?" she then asked out of curiosity, looking to her hands for a moment before returning her gaze back to him.

"I can't tell... your power is strange."

Interacting: Hazel & Joy ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa )

At Devereaux's introduction, Saadiq reciprocated a small bow himself as he welcomed the Vampyr into the Temple. "Salamalekum, it has been quite some time. I do remember you, though I'm afraid we did not have the chance to exchange pleasantries back then. You had been guidfed away by a priestess of Mathair then, and it was not my place to interrupt such blessings." the imam spoke with a soft smile. Devereaux would notice that a few of the patrons delivered some glances towards him from the corner of his eye, but Saadiq was mostly unbothered by the hesitance on display from the others. "As for whom you seek, he does indeed. You may find Pyotr deeper within these halls." he said, giving another bow, "May your blessings be given well to you."

With the Patron Saint's presence confirmed, Devereaux would travel deeper into the Temple in his search - passing by the many conjugations and sessions - which brought him beyond the main halls and foyers of the building. Here, the number of people grew ever smaller until it seemed as though that there were only but a few people within. And further beyond that, past a corner and into a more reclusive hallway, Devereaux felt as though he was alone in the building entirely. It was also here that a different, darker side to desire was found here; a statue of Valas, the Demon Prince of Lust, sat in a circular, candle-lit room. His faceless features contrasted with his toned and defined body, and his form was above that of a glowing seal placed upon his pedestal to ward away its corruptible influence. Next to it stood both a succubus and an incubus, as well as a dokkalfar priest, who watched Devereaux's arrival with an emotionless gaze. Calocis stood alongside him too, as they had just acquainted with one another in the moment.

Flanking the room on the other side was also another statue, made of white marble, that Devereaux recognized as that of Carmela, the Patron Saint of Crimson Rivers. Once a mortal woman from Sarcoña, she became the symbol of vampyric temptation, lust and love. Unlike most other Vampyrs, she is revered for her sacrifice to save her lover - the Prince Bishop of the Church of Gaia in Sarcoña - which leads to some reverence amongst normal humans when seeking guidance for forbidden love. Bowls of dried blood lined the foundation around it, and a woman cut her hand as an offering as she stood in front of it. Devereaux could tell she was also a Vampyr, based on her crimson red eyes. Though rather than drip, the blood evaporated as it touched the bowls beneath; it was almost as if Carmela herself, or at least the presence of her imagery, drank it on contact.

It was there that Devereaux saw Pyotr next to the statue itself, caressing a young man with bite marks on his neck. The gift had not been given, as it would have been obvious if the opposite was true, but rather it was a tender moment between the immaculately dressed Vampyr, draped in wonderful finery and adorned with snow white hair. Their interaction ended just as when Devereaux had approached into the room, with the young man walking away calmly while a new pair of eyes were on him. Pyotr didn't say anything, but looked inviting with a smile that adorned his face and eyes that invited him.

Interacting: Devereaux ( Infab Infab )

The Half-Kitsune listened intently as Kastalli explained her background as well as her doubt about moving on from her husband. It was difficult to say on such a pleasant visage whether he showed his emotions, but he remained vigilant on listening as he ears twitched. A few of his tails fluttered slightly before he spoke up again when asked about the ninja clans that inhabited Shige. "Ah, the great assassins and saboteurs. They hold great power in the darkness, but also in the light. They can move unseen in day or night, blending with the crowds or the shadows. Many daimyos use them for their own advantage - whether to assassinate a rival or to simply gather information - that can sometimes shift the tide of battle."

He then shifted slightly and looked up towards the rafters, as if he was reaching up for gather his memory. "The Ashina Clan, a powerful ruling family in the lower mountains of Shige, used the Kuroyasha - the Black Demons - to defeat an alliance of rival powers that sought their lands and riches. The Tengus in their employ went about erasing entire bloodlines in the Night of the Red Daggers. Of course, they were well recompensed for their service; but they also became the most feared group in their region as a result. Though, I doubt your husband was a part of them. There are a great many other groups, both lesser and great, with too many names and loyalties to properly recall."

Interacting: Kastalli ( Beann Beann )

Tormund gave a knowing nod as Sentry relayed her half-truth, as he had no reason to doubt the runeseeker's story up front. He gave a glance towards the armour before returning his gaze back to the woman: "Well, it's yours. The Red Dragon Guild are paying your and your companions tabs on whatever they might want." he said with a smile under his great beard, "I understand yer reasons. I always have a fondness for my kin's crastmanship. Always a reminder of home for me. And it also serves as inspiration to do them proud with my work, with every piece that is requested of me."

He then nodded towards the Yatsuki armour: "Like with that. I would never have half-arsed restoring the craftsmanship, even if it was only a part of its former glory. So I hope it serves you just as well as it did its previous master."

Interacting: Sentry ( Breadman Breadman )
---

Himiko took a look at Nora's equipment that she had handed over intently, observing their craftsmanship and their material. If there was any judgement from the clerk, it did not show as her eyes danced across the leather. For a few moments she remained quiet as she studied it, as if drinking in all the details, through focused eyes before giving a nod. "Mhm, I'm sure Tormund can design something to your liking. With enough work, the final product could be ready within a few days. Is that agreeable to you?" Himiko then said, offering a smile to the assassin.

Interacting: Nora ( Vexumin Vexumin )

Last edited:
Neanke gave off a chuckle when Olivier mentioned not only his intention to make the roads safer to travel, but also to bring about support from Lyonesse to the guild. "I must admit, your interest in the Guild's affairs is somewhat amusing. As you are a child of nobility, I would have thought this to be beneath your purview. But, I am glad to be wrong." the guildmistress spoke, letting out a sigh afterwards. "I must also admit that the Guild does face a great issue. Not of work, there is plenty of that to go around - of various kinds. In fact, we keep getting more and more requests every day."

She then waved her hand around: "Notice anything particular about the Guild currently?" she then asked, which made Cécilia shrug.

"I'm not sure what you mean." the scholar replied with a confused look.

"Manpower. We simply do not have enough of it to take on all this work. This leaves us unable to carry out jobs, and in turn leaves many things unresolved. That is bad for both the people and for business." Neanke replied, turning her gaze to Cécilia before returning her attention to Olivier with a smile. "But, I do think that problem can be alleviated with your help. And yours with mine."

Interacting: Olivier ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )

Calocis had chased after his kin the moment he set eyes upon him, bringing him past and ignoring entirely the rest of the temple's activities, that in turn had brought him through the various halls and towards the more secluded region of the Temple itself. He too took notice of both statues within the rotunda, and the individuals around them, but payed the most heed to the one that had beckoned his attention the most. His kin, so far from home like him, but one cut from a different cloth as he soon came to realize. This was not a Priest that shared the same convictions as he did towards the God of the Abyss but, rather, one devoted to the Prince of Lust.

On approach, the Priest wore a grin on his face as his eyes met his. The immediate feeling that Calocis felt stirring was as if he were caught in the gaze of a spider and that he himself had just stumbled haplessly into its lair. Though there was no hostility to be held, there was the immediate feeling of every one of his movements being carefully studied. And the air of silence broke suddenly as he spoke in their native tongue: ["Are you of the Drenach du Ul'tur? Come to kill me?"] he asked, maintaining his eerie grin upon his visage. ["Many of those zealots, who forget I still share respect for the Lord of the Demon Kingdoms, have tried before."]

The Priests of Lust, as Calocis already knew, were unpredictable - and the most rebellious of the Dokkalfar - due to their nature and practices. It was also because of this that they were killed on sight by the Inquisition, the fact of which made the Priest more comfortable in his posturing. ["But of course, that would not be the case. You stand before me without a blade in hand to pierce my heart."]

His gaze then turned towards Devereaux's arrival, but the Vampyr's presence was wholly of uninterest to him as he quickly returned attention to Calocis with the same, predatory grin. ["So, what brings you to me?"]

Interacting: Calocis ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )

Gilke tilted her head towards Syllannan's inquiry and took a moment to think. "Regarding lethality..." she mused aloud, before slowly floating over towards a small display case nearby. With but a flick of her hand, it unlocked and opened to allow her entry to its contents. She plucked out something small from the case and took a look at it for a few moments before bringing it over to Syll. Setting it in his hand, on first observation it seemed to be an unassuming stone. Out of both confusion and curiosity that would plaster Syllannan's face, Gilke let out a quick chuckle. "This would be a sharpening stone, infused with magic that keeps your weapons effective longer and makes the potency of cutting power all the more devastating."

"It is an infusion of craft unique to some of the Dvergr. If you are planning on a fight, then this would give you the edge."
Gilke then said, amused with herself towards her wordplay.

Interacting: Syllannan ( Roda the Red Roda the Red )

"No no, I'm quite alright." Gsera said to Tatum, sparing a quick glance down towards the gaping hole in her armour where the spider had stabbed her prior. Another reminder of the need for repairs, though it was doubtful she would find anyone capable of mending such damage with Ironwood. It pained her more now than the lingering aches that stemmed from the healed wound, to see the craftmanship of her homeland be tarnished in such a manner. She looked over to where the new lady who had entered was, who promptly left after being paid for the hide, and wondered who that traveller was - given her wild armour and attire.

But she didn't tarry on the thought further as Tatum asked her to accompany him to the apothecary, to which she needed her head eagerly. "Of course! Do you know where to go?"

"The apothecary?" Jackson then spoke up, having overheard their conversation. "Mm, beyond my door you turn right and head until you turn the corner. Just there you'll find the sign to the place."

"Thank you!" Gsera said with a grin as she led Tatum outside and back into the busy streets. Gone was the smell of the interior, replaced with what one might expect from an urban settlement. Like stepping into another world entirely, where Jackson's was a refuge from the outside's more bustling and fluid crowds and happenings.

"I wonder how the others are getting on?"

"Hm?"
Gsera grunted as she turned to Tatum, before scratching the back of her head. "I suppose they're having a great time getting what they need too! If it's all paid for by the Guild then... I expect many of us will be having new things to bring back." She then brought up her hands and wiggled her fingers through the artisinal gloves again: "Like these!" she said with a grin before nodding towards the other end of the street. "Well, I suppose we should go then. No?"

Interacting: Tatum ( SilverFlight SilverFlight )
Mentioned: Rinn ( ItcamefromtheVoid ItcamefromtheVoid )

Getting to the Red Dragon Guild was not so difficult, considering it was a towering structure in the centre of town, which provided a visual guide for Rinn to make her way over. There, she was greeted with the same sight as the rest of the Company had when they had arrived to Guildtown. As impressive as the building was, she had a more pressing matter to find: work. And so she entered through the main twin doors into the building and looked around. Plenty of individuals worked to handle job postings as well as deal with incoming mail, and other bureaucratic work. Though there was a distinct shortage of individuals one might call "adventurers", as there were only a few lounging in the great hall.

Rinn's arrival had not gone unnoticed as a young woman approached Rinn and gave a cheery smile: "Wolkom! Binne jo op syk nei wurk?" she spoke in Fryskolandi, but once it became apparent that Rinn did not understand she cleared her throat and changed language.

"Et-ce que cette langue vous convient?" she then said in Eranoiran which, again, indicated that Rinn didn't understand. A slight ting of frustration hit the girl's face as she breathed in deeply before nodding. "How about now? Do you understand me?" she asked in Ællian, hoping that her last remaining tongue known would be able to establish communication.

Interacting: Rinn ( ItcamefromtheVoid ItcamefromtheVoid )

"The effort you put in the restoration is very impressive." Sentry commented as she looked at the armor again. She didn't have to pay for it, so she picked up the coin purse and walked to the armor itself. Feeling the craftsmanship with her fingers, she could tell the dwarf has put a lot of care into his work. "Where did you learn the details of this in particular? Were you trained by someone with knowledge of it, or are there scrolls?"

Nora had been holding her breath as Himiko looked over the rather revealing equipment. She waited for any apprehension from the clerk, but found there was no judgement. Nora let out a quiet sigh, pleased to have found some professionalism among seemingly decent smiths. The half-cambion nodded her head at the clerks words.

"Yeah, that'll do I think. Not sure when this lot is heading out, but we should be here long enough. I have the coin to pay for the updates to my equipment. Might be strapped for coin for a bit though. Does Tormund prefer payment in advance?"

Nora reaches into her pack, letting her fingers sift about a few coins. She carefully gathers a few coins and places them onto the counter, sliding them towards the half-nekomata.

"A tip for your discretion with more to come once the job is done."

Nora says this, offering a return smile towards the clerk.

"Ah, well, I learned a great many things in my years of travelling. Methods and techniques require study not from a book, but with hammer and anvil in hand." Tormund explained to Sentry, reminiscing on the past. "It was when I traveled in the Kingdom of Ivov that I came across a small village close to the Rhoduar Mountains. A village of goat herders and small landowning farmers, as one might expect. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary from the outwardly appearance. But there was one distinct difference: a smithy there, a woman by the name of Sofia Toneva, worked with her husband - a Minotavur - and what caught my eye was exactly what you see here." he motioned to the restored armour. "Her craft was distinct to many others in the region, as she explained that she was descended of the Yatu. Perhaps some traditions passed down over many, many generations that she keeps alive. And so I stayed for a time with the two to observe, and learn these techniques."

He then straightened his back, his chest puffing up in pride; "And so I brought those back with me here. It only makes sense that the armour finds its way to one of its descendents. As if fate deemed it so." Tormund then said with a chuckle.

Interacting: Sentry ( Breadman Breadman )

Himiko graciously accepted the tip with a nod and a smile: "I did hear overhear Tormund saying that the Red Dragon Guild would be paying the tab on your Company's orders just earlier, so you shouldn't worry about payment!" the half-nekomata said with a bow. "We'll send a messenger for you to inform when your armour should be ready."

She then gave another bow as thanks: "ありがとうございます!"

Interacting: Nora ( Vexumin Vexumin )

Devereaux always wondered just why they stuck a statue of Carmela in the same room as a statue of a demon. It made no sense to him, considering she was known for better reasons than Valas. A woman who sacrificed all to save her mortal lover, as compared to an emotionless fiend. Perhaps it was simply because she was a vampire? A lot of fear and hatred of blood drinkers floating about, of which he knew all too well.

Devereaux personally didn't offer prayers to Carmela. She reminded him too much of his mother, and the things she did to try and save his father. Plus, he didn't particularly like the gods in general. They hadn't helped him in the slightest, even back when he did pray to them and made offerings. They could have prevented several things throughout his life, and never once seemed to lift a finger in assistance. There were no mysterious acts to offer comfort, or to show they were listening to him. So why did they deserve anything from him?

Still, there was a charade to perform. He strolled over to the statue of Carmela, looking up at its features and detail, before drawing a small knife from his belt and removing a glove. A moment later, he carved a gash across his palm. And soon, his blood dripped down into the bowl before Carmela. There. Charade performed.

As the wound healed, he slipped the glove back on and put his knife away before turning towards the other vampire in his midst. Pyotr.

A thought soon popped into Devereaux's head. A rather intrusive one, and one that made him slightly paranoid about speaking to Pyotr in the first place. He had already encountered a vampire before in their journey, back in Waterham. Radoš Jelić, whom was a servant of the Baroness Mariette Reverdin II that his mother had formed some sort of bond with.

He wondered if Pyotr knew of him. He wondered if Pyotr knew of the Baroness. Of his mother. Would he try to do the same that others had done, and try to convince him to return to his mother? To go down that dark road, right to her side?

Why was he being so paranoid?

"A pleasure to see you again, Pyotr. Its certainly been a while." said Devereaux, giving Pyotr the same theatrical bow that he had given Saadiq. "Do you get many visitors these days?"

• COMMBRII2022fcre.jpg

Directly Interacting With:
    Syllannan ( Roda the Red Roda the Red ) Gilke ( joshuadim joshuadim )

~ Guildtown~

Camelia || Amani's CS File

The sight of golems at the doorway reminded him how to some the very thought of magic itself was something otherworldly and scary. It was well within their rights to be cautious but avoidance and scare tactics would only breed ignorance instead of encouraging the study of the arcane arts. Still, perhaps it was not quite something as accessible in such an area.

He was grateful for the casual conversation Syll was able to engage him in. It had been long since he had found another who shared one of his languages and maintained a demeanor in which he would enjoy having casual conversations. He’d kept mostly to Mihret and Hazel for a reason after all. However, seeing another wield both magic and blade drew his curiosities.

Stepping inside the thing that immediately drew his interest was the familiar scents. It was a comfort to have a place so far from home have even a glimmer of similarities. The rigid and ill-at-ease demeanor he approached with seemed to melt away the further in he stepped. Even the strangeness of the cats was little but a novelty to be explored.

As one jumped up he reached out to allow it to scent the back of his hand only to pause as the cat spoke in a voice distinctly able to be understood. He had a brief moment of wonder at what language the cat was using, his own or the newly acquired Eranorian language. He did not have time to fully ponder as a woman came out speaking an even more foreign language to his ears.

Without a word, he looked back at Syll as if to gauge the normality of it all. Seeing Syll continue on he simply found himself following in his lead browsing the shop as well. At the mention of the necklace warding off bad dreams, he perked up. It would intrigue him if the idea of a dreamless sleep didn’t leave a pit of dread in his gut. He couldn’t imagine the idea of a deep sleep when he still bore scars from his assassin’s attempts.

“Do you have many issues with disturbed sleep Syll? I’ve noticed you already bear a pendant. Is there anything specifically yours does, or is it simply sentimental?”

He turned back to the shopkeeper with his palm open with the brooch laid on it. The jewel might easily be attached to a cape, if it were something of worth then perhaps it might help aid Hazel in staying unseen when providing long ranged support. Not that he’d underestimate his friend at this point. Besides, try as he might he couldn’t find anything seemingly easy to carry for Mihret.

“If you could explain what this brooch might do? Additionally, anything with simple supportive magic weaved in would be appreciated. I have a friend who is a knight and another who practices archery whom I would prefer to take care of themselves a bit better than they do now.”

Syll gave the woman a bit of a puzzled look as she pulled out the strange rock. Admitedly he had expected something with a bit more of a fancy look, maybe some sort of jewelry or accessory enchanted with offensive magic, or perhaps even a magical weapon that he could carry as a side-arm, but no, it was just a smooth, square stone. However, when the woman explained herself and the object she gently placed on his palm, the half-elf's expression turned into one of fascinations. He raised the object, looking up close, a single finger tracing its length, taking in the rough and hard surface.

"Must be a bit of a work of fate, my axe was made from Dvergr schematics, so it is only fitting, I would say, very well, I shall take it" Said Syll as he placed the stone inside of one of his empty pouches. "If I happened to reach the end of the guild's generosity, please let me know and I will happily pay the price".

Then, from his side approached him the young man who accompanied him in his arcane endeavor, Amani, wondering about his first choice of artifact.

"Oh, no no, this is not for me" He said, raising his own with his free hand. "Kastalli, from our company, gave me mine a some time ago, and I felt like returning the gesture was only proper" He gave his own necklace a good look, smiling as he remembered fondly the day he was gifted the accessory. "Well, it may have no magic within it, but looking at it reminds me of out mission and the companions that travel beside me...I suppose you could see that as a boon, in a way" He said laughing awkwardly, not sure how to properly express his feelings about it.

Expressing his feelings had never been in forte, in fact, several things in his life might've gone a different route, had he been able to voice what he truly felt when the situation arose. For better or for worse, that was simply something he would have to live without knowing. A painful fact for a curious soul indeed.

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic joshuadim joshuadim

“Ah,” her tail flicked at the mention of the Kuroyasha. “A party member of ours — uh — former party member mentioned something about the Kuroyasha.” Kastalli nodded as she recalled the alarming encounter with the tengu. “He was being hunted by them, I believe.” Her expression darkened slightly, hoping that wherever her friend was, he was safe. She returned her attention back to the priest and smiled, “thank you for speaking with me by the way, I do hope I am not boring you with conversation.”

ArvessGuildtown. He had been here on a business trip once. To this day, the body had yet to be found, and his shadow continued to lurk behind those who worked with the missing man. He draped his cloak around his mask, which had found itself clipped to his belt. He had taken the opportunity of rest to finally take a razor to the stubble on his chin. But as for the situation with his hair…

He touched a lock of his messy hair, and scowled. He had done his best, he supposed. He drew his hood over his head, maintaining a healthy distance between him and the rest of the group. He had said it before - he was merely here as an extra blade, an extra bolt to the head, an extra hand. What activities they partook in outside of drawing blood was none of his concern. Mother would press him into joining one of them. Make friends, and whatnot.

He wasn’t interested. Seeing as they had no need of him for the time being, he silently took his leave. In the brightest of days, the darkest of shadows came forth, and in those very shadows, Arvess slipped away, disappearing into the people around them.

First order of business - restocking his supplies. His various mixes of venoms, poisons, and curatives were fairly serviceable, so a trip to the apothecary’s could wait. His bracer was, however, looking a little worn. One of the swordbreakers had chipped off during their last encounter, and he could do with a little steelwork. He could probably pick up some more bolts on the way. One of his operating codes was: ‘There is never enough ammunition.’. The more he could shove into his pouch, the better.

He glanced at the temple in the distance. Pretty ladies were nice and all, but he was currently dating his work life. She would get quite unhappy with him if he chose the pleasures of the flesh over her. An unprepared scout was as good as a dead one, after all. He dipped his head, turning away from the temple, and continued down the road towards where he supposed the blacksmith was.

He had expected a handful of his traveling companions to be there. If anything, he was glad that there were. He had taken too long to arrive, it seemed. They were currently engaging with the smithy. Deciding to not involve himself in their conversations, he moved over to one side, taking false interest in the bellows and the anvil.

Breadman Breadman Vexumin Vexumin

From inside the temple Waylond walked out almost naked. The knight had merely a towel hanging around his waist tied with a loose knot.

"Head priest! Your priestesses ask for wine, ale and mead to help their rituals. And..."He poked his head inside the room he had picked and came out a moment later "About a baker's dozen in biscuits. Put it on my tab." He then turned back around and once again entered the chamber.
---
A smile of relief came across Sentry's face. The armor was of great quality, but the information the blacksmith gave her was more valuable to her. A kingdom, a mountain range and descendants of her people. She only needed to look at a map she could read. Something the others could help with.

"Be sure that it will be put to good use." She said as she placed a hand on the breastplate. "Plenty of dangers await us on the road ahead." Looking back to the blacksmith she said "Does your assistant need to pack this up, or is it fine to just take it as is?" She then noticed someone else, barely. Blink and you'll miss him. It was the rogue Arvess. Probably in need for supplies for himself. "Enjoying the fire, you handsome shadow?"

Nora breathes a sigh of relief. What a generous guild, this city had, handling the expenses of the company. However, it kind of made sense. Could have been far less costly to outright pay for the lots expenses than pay the bounty, if there even was one, on the giant spider. Now she wouldn't be strapped for coin as she thought she would be. Nora does, however, leave the coin that she placed on the table. The "tip" for Himiko. Hush money never hurts after all, and the half-nekomata was kind. Such professionalism should be rewarded.

"The name's Noradriia Besile, by the way. Looking forward to that messenger."

With that, Nora was keen on stumbling out of that damn blacksmith. With how hot it is, she just wanted to be out in the fresh air. What stopped her was seeing a rather familiar covered figure enter the blacksmith. Nora frowned a little, both out of confusion of Arvess' quiet entry and the heat. She approaches his little inconspicuous "hiding in plain sight" place. It would have payed it little mind if she wasn't familiar with the tactic herself. Besides, she generally tends to acknowledge newcomers with a look to the eyes. She liked to make it known that she was aware of anyone lingering around her. Be it a kindness or a warning.

In this case, it was just due to curiosity, and because Sentry had acknowledged the sneak as well.

"Arvess? Yeah, what're you stalking around here for? Needing some smith services too?"

simj26 simj26 Breadman Breadman

Last edited:
Olivier de Lyonesse
Olivier's eyes flashed, the only sign that his mind had begun to turn, as his face remained neutral.

"The man who lords over others is lowest of all." Olivier was not unused to having the pedigree of his blood precede him. He was also not unused to wielding it, no matter which way the tide turned.

"As I said, I speak not for the Company of mademoiselle Cécilia, but from this moment forward until our departure, you may consider myself and my men-at-arms your conscripts."

Olivier knew the power of words, or lack thereof. He also knew the value of one's word, as well as one's honor. He had no intention of besmirching either here.

Calocis Fellshade
Calocis wrinkled his nose as if to ward off a foul-smelling stench. It nearly threw him off-balance. Steadying himself, Cal folded his hands together in the cloth of his flowing robes and stood tall, nose upturned in barely-veiled contempt.

This was Egprmokvar. While Cal could admit that the dark missionaries' goal was admirable—the grace of Nyarlaexedum was such that the stained blood of surfacedwellers could be cleansed in his un-light, would they choose to bathe in it... However... Calocis had been forced from his home Under-earth. While the one who stood before him had left willingly. Contemptible.

"[A blade unseen still cuts, brother.]" Calocis stood straight as an arrow, his body a coiled spring, his lips thin. ["How came you to this place?"] Calocis answered the priest's questions with one of his own.

hazel.png

#AF7D50
Tags:
joshuadim joshuadim

Untitled777_20220317210718.png
Hazel and Joy both shared a look of understanding; that this place was harmless, or this stranger fae had lost her senses, only they knew. Still, they listened with great intrigue. It wasn't too often the duo met one of their own. But her next action came out of left field; maybe not for Hazel, the bubbly boy without any sense of personal space. Joy, on the other hand, really appreciated a little thing called boundaries. "Too close," she piped up. "Too close!" she flew behind Hazel, driven by pure instinct, using the boy as a shield.

If it wasn't for the last inquiry that slowed down the other fae's excitement, they might have bounced. Something about her changed the moment she grabbed Hazel's hand

The duo shared another look with each other. Joy answered. "I come from the Fairy Courts, if that is what you ask!"

"A place called Ná talamh,"
Hazel added. His scared demeanor relaxed into something more neutral. "Do you... know of it?"
unknown.png

"A pleasure to see you again, Pyotr. Its certainly been a while." said Devereaux, giving Pyotr the same theatrical bow that he had given Saadiq. "Do you get many visitors these days?"

Pyotr returned a bow towards Devereaux as he introduced himself, and give a smile: “Ah, Devereaux. A pleasure to see you once again. The faces of friendly arrivals are always welcome, however rare that might be nowadays. Unfortunately, I cannot say that pilgrimage has been active. It has, in fact, become a difficulty these days for many. The Hamalan Inquisition is responsible for this state of affairs, having taken a strong stance against those he decreed creatures of the ‘devil’. Which includes us.”

Pyotr’s face took on a distinct melancholy as he recounted the difficulties faced by himself and others like them. “In simpler times, I had many faces to be among. But, alas, that is not to be. Perhaps one day things will get better. At the very least, here in Guildstad, I am among allies and friends. But they are not kindred spirits, ones I can truly be comfortable around, if you understand me.”

He then brushed a finger through longer strands of his own white hair and returned to a smile: “And so, I must ask. What brings you to Gildestad? And to me?”

Interacting: Deveraux ( Infab Infab )

"A place called Ná talamh," Hazel added. His scared demeanor relaxed into something more neutral. "Do you... know of it?"

The Haltija was visibly taken aback by Hazel’s naming of Joy’s origins, and looked rather disturbed by the revelation. She stayed quiet for a moment before nodding: Ná talamh… Ná talamh, Ná talamh… I have heard of it, yes. But I know not much about it. I know it was created by a Changeling, but beyond that…” The Haltija then shook her head and turned her attention elsewhere. To the Temple in particular her eyes trailed over towards individuals who were partaking in various acts before nodding.

“Thank you for speaking with me, at least. But I must leave. Busy, I am, in spreading the love of the Summer Court.” She said with a smile, “And I think you have bigger problems to deal with as well.” Before either of the two troublemakers could respond, they saw a Djinn round a corner on patrol before spotting them and floating towards them with rapid pace.

The Haltija quickly fluttered off as the summoned guard quickly grabbed Hazel by the back of his clothing, hoisting him off the ground in a gentle, but firm grip. Meanwhile, Joy was snatched into its free hand and held within a balled fist. Despite whatever protests might have been aired in the ensuing aftermath, the two were escorted towards the Temple’s entrance in view of all the other inhabitants – some of whom took a moment to observe the commotion. Hazel was dropped outside the main entrance, with Joy being released soon after as the door slammed behind them.

Interacting: Hazel & Joy ( AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa )

“thank you for speaking with me by the way, I do hope I am not boring you with conversation.”

"Nonsense, speaking with you has been nothing but pleasurable. A nice chat is sometimes all that is needed, Yūjin." the Kistune priest said, before leaning in closer to Kastalli. His face emanated a magical glamour that was nothing like she had ever seen before now, which intensified his already handsome features. "Please, if you stay in the city I would love to speak with you again." he then whispered, before pulling back and motioning to an eastern warrior standing near them. "But, alas, I have duties to attend to. Many pleasures to dole out, both great and small I bid you farewell, but hopefully not for long. Perhaps, next time, I'll provide better spiritual healing."

He gave Kastalli a wink: "If you allow me to, of course." he then said with a playful disposition. It was then that he turned his attention to the Samurai among them and began to tend to him, leaving Kastalli by herself. As she began to leave elsewhere, with the Kistune's words still on her mind, she heard a familiar voice call to her in her mother tongue. "Góðir guðir, þú ert fljótur." a man's voice spoke up, bringing back the dark memories of her Waterham encounter.

When she turned slowly to face its owner, she instantly recognized who it was: Captain Jager.

Jager.png

"Either you and your company are faster than a boat, or my crew and I are faster than I anticipated!" he said with a grin on his face. Kastalli noticed that he had two elvish women by his sides, both of them delivering a smug look. "Oh, good gods, where are my manner!?" he then said as he bowed to her. His lovers looked at him confused for a moment as they wondered who exactly they were standing in front of that would make the man prostrate himself. "Sæl, yðar hátign. It is good to see you, daughter of the Thane!"

Interacting: Kastalli ( Beann Beann )

"[A blade unseen still cuts, brother.]" Calocis stood straight as an arrow, his body a coiled spring, his lips thin. ["How came you to this place?"] Calocis answered the priest's questions with one of his own.

["How? I am merely spreading the word of our gods, brother."] the Dokkalfar cleric said, his body relaxing as he continued to study his kinsman. Calocis knew his people were fair and elegant despite the savagery that surrounded them in the Eternal Dark and the Dark Wood. But this priest in particular was among the most fair and beautiful of his people he had ever met. He wore a revealing wdress embroidered with silver strings - the color of silver being common among the Dokkalfar, where even Calocis wore icons and jewelry made of unholy silver. ["You must be a servant of the Great One, correct?"] asked the Cleric of Lust as he approached.

He stopped himself midway as he attmepted to caress Calocis' face, and stared into his eyes. "Hmm... Ekerai, urb da ruk..." he muttered, a small smile growing on his face. ["You've got powerful energies emanating from your soul, brother. Are you blessed by Sin Undivided? Or by the Father of Demons himself?"]

His gaze remained affixed into Calocis' own orbs, until it was broken as the Lust priest's smile faltered suddenly. ["Or is it something far more mundane?"] he asked, almost disappointed in his tonality.

Interacting: Calocis ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )

Had it really been this long since he last walked among these cobbled streets? Its canals and large houses, potted tulips sitting at every window and doorway; hundreds of hardened adventurers walking past him, seeking either the temporary bliss of pleasure or to start another adventure entirely. He felt like a man out of time and place, as he was reminded of his older age. “No a cambiado nada…” he muttered as he gently pet Pedro, his trusty stallion. He had visited Guild Town many times during his adventures as an errant Knight, but he couldn’t forget the first time he wandered into the city, back when it was smaller and without any canals or tulips.

It felt like a lifetime ago, but some things had not changed since then: the bustle brought in by the adventurers continued to this day. He remembered when he himself had arrived with his fellow Knights of Salavianca. He remembered how Ser Gonçalo would tell jokes whenever he witnessed a couple of dwarves; jokes that would be in poor taste these days, but funny nonetheless for his taste.

As he reminisced on old times, Alberto nearly crashed into a young Hobalfar woman who shot an angry look at him. “Oi, look where ya lookin’ ya ol’ wanker!” she shouted before walking away. “Ah, forgive me madame!” he shouted as the half elf walked away. But the embarrassment remained as some adventurers looked at him nearby. “Dear Mother Gaia, look at me, remembering the past like an old woman…” he muttered as he continued his path through Guildtown.

As he arrived to the town plaza, he looked around for a stable to leave his horse in – preferably near the temple – as he doubted there were any available inns tonight. But he was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard a voice call out: “Diosa mia!”

Alberto turned around and saw a young man whose voice had shouted so loudly in their shared tongue. “You! You are him!” said a young Hob male dressed in traditional Arcoña fashion – embroiled pants, a clean white shirt, and a fancy looking coat. The swarthy Hob could not believe himself as he approached Alberto with a dumbfounded look across his face.

“Ser Alberto de Tarantina!” the Hob shouted, catching the attention of a few adventurers that were passing by.

“Ah, yes, that is me.” Alberto muttered, trying his best to not look ashamed from the recognition.

“The Savior of Santa Alegra, the Hero of Valora, the Slayer of the Tarasca!” the Hob continued to deliver titles of praise, “I can’t believe I am standing at your feet sir!”

Alberto offered the Hob a meek smile, but before he could speak a passing human adventurer spoke up out of interest. “The Tarasca? Wasn’t that one of the great corrupted Dragons?”

The Hob nodded eagerly, his excitement only growing the longer he remained in Alberto’s presence. “Indeed! And Ser Alberto slaughtered the vile beast himself! One man…”

“I DID NOT.” Alberto shouted, shocking everyone nearby from the sudden shift in tone. The young Hob in particular was startled as he stared wide eyed and with mouth agape. “I… I did not kill it alone. I went there with good men. I was just… lucky to get out of there alive.” Alberto cringed as he spoke, the insides of his mind and heart eating away at him.

“O-Oh… yeah… everyone back home knows of the brave Knights of Salavianca. It is a shame you are no longer Grandmaster of the Order, Ser Alberto.” The young hob then managed to get out. Alberto sighed, calming himself a bit before returning a smile. “I serve the people of Arcoña and the people of Helmos. No… all of Gea! Not just the King or Queen. If they did not appreciate my attempt to reform the order, then I don’t have to serve them. I am not a puppet of royalty.”

“Spoken like a true Knight of Salavianca.”

A new voice of a stranger had Alberto then turn around to see a young man of clear southern descent. He was young, attractive, with dark skin and long dreads and donned the armor of the Knights of the Griffin Order. But this was no mere stranger to the knight, as Alberto’s eyes widened when he recognized who it was.

Gerewa.png

Ser Kasimiro would be proud to hear that, Ser Alberto.”

“By Gaia! Gerewa, is that you?” Alberto asked as he approached a knight with youth that he no longer held. “My gods, you’ve grown so much my boy! What happened to the little man that followed Kasimiro around all the time?” he asked, a glowing smile plastered on his face.

“The boy had to grow up, Ser. And now he wears the colors of the Griffon with honor, just like his master.” Gerewa responded.

The young Hob’s eyes widened upon hearing the young knight’s name, but not just him. Several other adventurers who had stuck around to observe the spectacle looked at the younger ma with curiosity and admiration. “Wait… Gerewa? The Hero of Eran? The Slayer of the Great Cockatrice? The-“ the Hob then began to say, but was cut off by a laugh.

“Hahaha! I have my titles, my little friend! No need to mention them all or we will be here for some time.” Gerewa said jokingly.

“Dear mother Gaia, I am standing in the presence of two legendary knights!” the Hob then said as he shifted his gaze between the two. An adventurer laughed from behind him as he spoke: “Heh. Lad, in this city legendary heroes come and go as they please.”

“You have no idea how glad I am to see you, my friend! You are a knight now, huh? I bet the old man himself is quite proud! Speaking of, where is he? I imagine he’s chasing tail at the temple, is he not?” said Alberto with a jovial smile, but was quickly replaced with worry as Gerewa’s friendly demeanor turned to one of sympathy and melancholy.

“I… I’m sorry, Ser Alberto. But… Ser Kasimiro died a year ago.”

The words hit him like a war horse; Alberto remained silent as his eyes locked straight into Gerewa’s grey orbs. He wasn’t sure how to react at first, nor he could explain what he felt. “How… how did…” he muttered, and Gerewa shook his head with grief.

“A tumor, Ser.”

Alberto’s face became pale when he heard the news. A great knight, a HERO, like Kasimiro dying to “Dragon’s Fire”? To a disease so horrible and cruel as that? “No… no no no… no… you must be…” Alberto muttered as he let loose Pedro’s reins. He stumbled backwards, now feeling the crushing weight of his emotions pressing down on him. He would have fallen, had his trusty steed not broken his fall.

“Ser Alberto? Are you alright? Please, follow me to this eatery, they make delic-“

“I am alone.”

Gerewa looked away and silently cursed his lack of tactness. Realizing now how the news had hurt the old knight, he felt as though he should have known this would have been the outcome. To lose such a close friend of so many years… it was like losing a brother. “Ser, please, allow me to take you somewhere where you can sit down and relax.” The young knight then spoke up, trying to aid Alberto in whatever way he could.

Alberto remained quiet for a few seconds before muttering quietly: “The… temple. My company is there…”

Gerewa was surprised by this revelation – that the old knight had joined some company – but did not say anything. In this moment he only cared to take his old friend somewhere safe. “Hey, friend.” He said as he turned attention to the young Hob, who was also looking quite worried for Alberto’s wellbeing. “Do you mind taking the reins of the horse and following us?” The Hob’s face brightened upon hearing this request and nodded: “As you command, Ser Knight!”

"As I said, I speak not for the Company of mademoiselle Cécilia, but from this moment forward until our departure, you may consider myself and my men-at-arms your conscripts."

Neanke remained quiet for a few moments, her wizened gaze studying Oliveir's stalwart one, as his words sunk in. But she then couldn't help but grin: "You are quite the cunning linguist. You know how to make an old woman smile." she said, leaning in a bit closer as her grin then turned into a genuine smile. "Truth be told, boy, the only royal we cooperate with is the Baron of Castle van der Draak. But I am ready, willing, and able to help you as long as you help us make Helmos a safer place for all - travelers and adventurers alike." She then looked away for a moment, to the various shields decorating one of hte walls.

Many were broken, splintered, and badly damaged; trophies of combat against fellow men, but some were pristine and well maintained as they were gifts from fellow warriors. Olivier could see his grandfather's colors on one of the shields, the mighty Lyonesse lion standing tall on a blue sky. "If you fight the way you talk, boy... then you truly are the son of a lion."

Cecilia had remained quiet between their exchange, but now the guildmistress was focusing on her. The scholar adjusted herself on her seat: "Well, as Monsieur Olivier expressed, we also would like to help him and you in your troubles. Since he saved us from a terrible beast, as you know, it would be dishonorable for us to walk away from him. Just as it would be to walk away from such gracious hosts." Cecilia then turned to Olivier, showing some form of annoyance hidden beneath a faux smile - one that she had practiced in the days she had been at court.

"At any rate, Madame Neanke, your hospitality is legendary and your kindness divine. We will aid the Free Cities. We must depart and tell our company of our new objective. I'll send one of my companions to tell you when we are ready to depart."

"I appreciate this, Lady Delafousse. Seek the Baron as soon as you are able, and you will be rewarded handsomely for your brave efforts." Neanke spoke, before turning her gaze to Olivier once more. "Goodbye, your highness. Please remain in good health." she spoke with a nod while resting on her chair. Cecilia, Olivier and his entourage would then leave the room and walk through the halls for a moment until suddenly halting. "Ser Knights, my lords. I need to speak with your master in private for a moment. Could you please go ahead? We will reach you shortly."

Both knights looked at each other and their lord, but they did not ask for his permission and simply walked away with both nobles on toe. Cecilia remained quiet for a few seconds, ensuring that the knights and nobles were out of earshot. She then looked around to make sure no one else was around, which was the case save for the massive painting of Haru the Islander in front of them - looking with his ever present gaze. "Your Highness, as a noble of great importance in the company you are entitled to command and give orders according to Eranoiran law." Cecilia said, crossing her arms as she stared straight into Olivier's eyes.

"...but I am the head mistress of the Cartographer's Guild. The mistress of this expedition. I must ask... were you trying to ask the guild mistress for something?"

Interacting: Olivier de Lyonesse ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back