• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Is this interesting?

• Total voters
Main

markawolfman

Funny wolf man
it’s 2162. Earth time, anyway; Not like anyone measures in earth time anymore. Actually, who even gives two shits about earth in the first place? I don’t know, that’s for damn sure. The cryotechs are expecting at least 5 more Newbies in the next Month, the Junkers are trying to breach the walls, and as far as we know, The ozone layer is still mined. I’m just gonna say it, we gotta stop this. We can’t even produce enough heat or electricity to
power all our shit anymore, and we haven’t made contact with the lawmen since last january.

I tell you what, I’m gonna get a few of the newbies together and we’re gonna get out of this place. I don’t know how long it’ll take, but it’ll be worth it in the end.

FEB 09 2162: REPORT COMPILED
MAYOR RANDALL JAMES FLOYD WAS KILLED WHILE ATTEMPTING TO DESERT HIS POST OF SITE 20618, FORMERLY LAS VEGAS NV. FURTHER ACTION MAY BE WARRENTED TO DETER ALL SYMPTOMS OF MAYOR FLOYD’S INFLUENCE

The plot of this RP is that you and your comerades live in a dystopian, yet extremely high tech society with multiple pop culture influences. A Great War occurred after disagreements about the recent alien races that had been found in the late 2000s (not 2000-2010 I mean 2000-2100). The Alien races were segregated into autonomous communes shortly before the war and for the most part are still separated. When inside the city walls of site 20618 (Commonly referred to as simply 18’ or Vegas 18’)
You are ‘Safe’, although organized crime and corporate-sponsored thugs run rampant. Outside the wall it is an amalgamation of War, Scrap dealers and Treasure hunters, and hostile aliens.

Although, before the war, something happened.

The privileged in society (government officials, corporate executives, and mob heads etc) fled into space to make contact with the Joint Aerospace Center currently orbiting Europa. We were left behind.

But sometimes, cryo doesn’t work right, and it will leave you with long term cryo sickness that will often manifest itself in the form of different abilities and powers.
Some people were able to replicate these amazing abilities, some using psychic means, others using tech, and some even using raw brain power.

Allowed roles:

Newbie:

You are a citizen fresh out of cryo after the war and not able to afford the space treatment. Often inexperienced and kept isolated from society for many months after leaving cryo, this role allows for experimentation and I will be extra lenient about apps here. (May have 2 powers, 1 manifesting cryo ability and 1 supernatural/psych ability)

Floyd Follower:
You are a believer that Former mayor Floyd’s ideology or ‘Keep out the aliens, bring back the lawmen’ (Remnants of the military) is the right one. You will not stop until you get either offworld or you get back full control of the city. (May have 1 power, supernatural/psychic. May have 1 manifesting cryo ability if you work that into the lore)

Gangster:
An umbrella term for the Yakuza (thermal katana wielding Japanese inspired mafia), the Mafia (more traditional ‘Italian’ crime families), the Dawgz (crips style street gang), and just street hustlers and petty criminals. (May have 1 power, supernatural/psychic. May have 1 manifesting cryo ability if you work that into the lore)

Technomancer:
Transhumanist implant-loving technology harnessers. (May have as many tech powers as needed for your rp, but don’t go crazy so no 10 powers)

Allowed races:
Misc anthro animal (fox, wolf, cat etc, please specify an alien race name and maybe brief lore)
Protogen (name must be something like 26x45 1080p 4k 100831 ‘insert name or nickname)
Traditional little green man,stereotypical alien
Dragons
Snakes
Elves
Orcs
Goblins
For others, you will have to ask
And humans, duh

Just so I’m clear, there are big monster aliens that will come into play they just aren’t playable

Rules:
No op godmodding
Will veto anything I determine does not fit with the setting
No racism, sexism ooc (as anti alien speciesism is part of rp)
1 oc max unless you dm to ask
No characters canon to any show, movie, game etc
If you use art or faceclaim make sure to credit their real name or the artist if you can find it
And finally NO POLITICS OOC
18+ Only due to suggestions and some ideas I’ve been having, Involves no sexual stuff but intense gore will be described

Looking for 4-6 ish people
For lore questions, dm me

Remember, y’all are wonderful people, have a great day.
Gallery:
EFEDB53C-06BD-4F9B-81C0-5BA926BB6DF2.jpeg746F13CF-2BD8-422C-B4EA-C81C5A615DB3.jpegE8950BD7-F8E5-42D6-8B96-0DA242EBB89B.jpegCCFFB0DA-F167-4AB1-9444-7D6421715826.jpeg529FC515-C682-4644-870E-384786079936.jpeg
52DE10C7-8AE3-485D-BF68-6342070A19EA.jpeg

signup: Futuristic - Vegas 18 signup

Last edited:
Can we make this 18+ to expand the characters and scenarios? Although I would prefer to leave sexual stuff out of it...

I’m interested, though I’d like to know more about how the powers work before I throw my hat in. Like what are some examples of acceptable powers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back