Showcase UndeadTyrant's Character Storage (feedback allowed)

UndeadTyrant

just a pile of bones
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Just a place where I'll be storing my original characters. No fancy layouts or anything, since coding makes absolutely no sense to me.
I'm accepting feedback if people want to give it, but please be kind. Keep comments constructive and/or encouraging.
Peace, homies.

N0SInRZGGcTBuoQTe4CVwLOgQ2bt3w6a4anvqJnADfa1sf2gGuVs3lkplaSZB7GXFCSRdoEslMOpSc-oG9IajV6hwPave9yqgPvNZdmUqWkbg3hDd6YOQ0uTp3JJjUlklqr8tMHK8U-3jjnFjj7ejVs

RUBY McGRAW :: 33 :: OUTLAW GANG LEADER
Read Dead Redemption 2 OC; Amanda Seyfried FC
Pairs with Micah Bell and Dutch van der Linde
Theme Song - What's A Devil To Do? by Harley Poe
Note: This profile contains references to fictional locations. Any similarities to real-life locations are purely coincidental.

PERSONALITY
Many men have made the grave error of mistaking Ruby’s beauty as a sign of her domesticity. She prides herself on being untamable, wild, and difficult to bear. Everything she says sounds like a thinly-veiled threat. Boundaries and personal space mean nothing to her. If she can make someone uncomfortable, or angry, or sad - it makes her feel powerful. Inappropriate jokes, unwanted advances, and vile “confessions” that may or may not be true - they are all tactics that she will use to manipulate someone into discomfort. Many have likened her to a snake. It’s a comparison she enjoys, and takes full ownership over.

In fact, it’s almost entirely impossible to insult Ruby. She’s filled with so much narcissism that others’ opinions matter very little to her, if at all. Hubris, in fact, is Ruby’s greatest flaw, and it has proven to be her downfall on several occasions. It would have cost Ruby her gang if not for the woman’s charismatic ability to use her enemies as a scapegoat. Nothing is ever her own fault; it’s always an external force - a “great manifestation of society’s hatred for an empowered woman.” Make no mistake: Ruby is no feminist. She couldn’t care less about men or women. But if a cause helps her manipulate her gang into sticking around, Ruby will happily resort to exploiting it.

HISTORY
Five years ago, Ruby was charged with multiple counts of homicide, and sentenced accordingly. She was sent to one of the few women's prisons available in her home state of Texas: Langstrom Women’s Facility. Unfortunately, her stay was shorter-lived than society would have liked. Within six months, Ruby had successfully organized the other inmates, and together they executed one of the largest prison break-outs in American history. Most of the women who escaped with her stuck around, forming a gang known as The Langstrom Girls, which Ruby heads as the leader. The bounty on her head currently sits at about $8,000 - wanted dead or alive.

The public has no other information regarding Ruby’s history. Before her incarceration, she might as well not exist - and that’s just the way she likes it. The abusive past she had to endure gets to be left there, in the past, and she gets to move on as a woman reborn.

MISC NOTES
  • Speaks with a heavy southern drawl
  • Wears a distinctive dark green leather duster, with two snakes striking at the same rat embroidered along the bottom
  • Rides a Shire named LaFayette
  • The Langstrom Girls are composed entirely of women, though there are a few male children who stay with their mothers
WRITING SAMPLE
Coming soon.

Last edited:
hdJzO9gvdLiPscdYFCGssVWQoZH4vr2JVwFigY0PZ7cPaBDT7aWOPELD6G34xhAsqWMMa4zpnCntGw4dyz5uqKmnul_bK2CVtZqRRiymjNkPReYfp1UySU8Wz3uS8JJCzppmM_k9FdUQHxr-0Qmn4Ro

EGYPTA “LUCILLE” JAMESON :: 36 :: RUNAWAY HEIRESS
Red Dead Redemption 2 OC; Gemma Arterton FC
Pairs with Dutch van der Linde, Arthur Morgan, and Charles Smith
Theme Song - Gennifer Flowers by Fever Dolls

Warning: This profile discusses race-based violence typical of the 1800s and race-related trauma inflicted upon a child. Content deemed especially sensitive will be placed behind a spoiler.

PERSONALITY
Highly educated, gentle, humble, and amiable - Lucille is a reminder to many of how pleasant a calm water’s surface can be. But just as a water’s surface can be deceptive, she has her share of violent undercurrents that she struggles swimming against. Lucille is at constant odds with her lineage, torn apart day and night by the guilt of her family’s sins - though most would fail to see it beneath the thick mask of strength and dignity she wears. If one were to stay long enough in her life, they might witness that mask breaking to reveal exactly how much fear she lives in.

Practically glued to her hip is her adopted son: a young boy of color around twelve years of age, named George. Being separated from him for any longer than a few minutes can - and has, on multiple occasions - send Lucille into an inconsolable panic. In her personal diary, Lucille has written of this hysteria, describing it as “a great, uncontrollable fear that consumes every inch of my reason, and I cannot fight it anymore than I can see beyond the images it plagues me with. It is as if they are lynching him, all over again, and I can do nothing about it this time. It is the nightmare that haunts me nightly, visiting me in the day whenever George is not within sight. It is the horrible, gnawing feeling of, What if? What if he is dying right now, just as he would have then, had I not been there to see him, to save him? And I cannot control the animal terror such a thought strikes into me. I hate myself for the neuroticism that has robbed him of freedom.”

Bigotry - particularly against non-whites - results in Lucille’s immediate ire. This, too, is addressed in her journal: “I fear that the same people who say those words, who distinguish value between different humans based solely upon skin color, act as my brother did. I fear for my son when I hear it, and I cannot control myself. The bigot becomes a target, and my rage is the hunter’s arrow. It is as if George has removed all my fear of being different, and replaced it with an indignant call to action. I cannot stay silent, so long as people with such hatred in their hearts speak so loudly."

HISTORY
The Jamesons are a proud Confederate family, with old money tied up in the business of slavery. Their loss to the Union was felt bitterly by the entire family - with the exception of little Egypta Jameson, who was too young to understand what the loss truly meant. But as Egypta grew and learned to read, her world expanded. Like most teenagers, she learned to rebel sneakily: through literature that her parents were too old to keep up with. Transcendentalism, being mostly followed in the northeastern states, was not as popular a philosophy in deep-south Lemoyne. Even so, she managed to find some like-minded individuals among other educated young ladies.

A movement was born, and young Egypta threw herself into her enlightenment as if life itself depended upon it. Meeting with her friends to discuss a better world felt like an escape from the deep-rooted hatred she had begun harboring for her family: her father, a Confederate war veteran; her mother, who once managed the slaves on their plantation; her brother, who remained an active and influential member of the Ku Klux Klan. Egypta hated them all, and yet she could not - or, rather, would not - escape them. Even well into her 30s, she lived with them and only dreamed of what life could have been without them.

Change came in 1897, when Egypta woke late one night to a disturbance outside her home. Fearing that robbers had come to rob her family of the fortune that kept them comfortable, she retrieved her father’s rifle and ran outside - only to discover that the source of the disturbance was her brother and three of his friends. The young boy they were preparing to lynch, no older than ten years, was fighting for his life. Two bodies - the boy’s parents - were already hanging in the trees.

Egypta didn’t think twice. She shot her brother dead, and grievously wounded his three associates. Then, she took the boy into the stables, and together they mounted her horse and fled the plantation. Suddenly, Egypta found herself without any of the wealth that kept her protected from a life of hardship. But she did find herself with the burden of a severely traumatized child, who had no idea how to process the grief of losing his parents and almost losing his own life on the same night. After seeing the reality of what sort of world her family had helped create, Egypta no longer wanted comfort or safety. She just wanted the boy she’d saved to have a world he could rely on and feel safe in.

She began going by Lucille Baker and avoided major cities and settlements, but it didn’t stop her from getting recognized - especially since her family was offering a $4,000 reward for her safe return. Even now, two years later, Lucille has to be careful about where she goes or who she talks to. More people care about the money than they do George - and Lucille is terrified of what will happen to her son if she’s not around to protect him.

MISC NOTES
  • She is fluent in four different languages: English, French, German, and Latin.
  • What she believes is neuroticism is actually significant PTSD; George also shows signs of it.
  • Though she tries, Lucille is a poor cook.
  • Her horse is a Thoroughbred named Hawthorne.
  • George’s horse is a Mustang named Bullet.
WRITING SAMPLE

“Amo, amas, amat,” read George, pacing lazily with an open book in his hands. “Amamus, amatis, amant.”

“Excellent job,” said Lucille, not looking up from her work. “Can you recall it with the book closed?”

George closed the book, stopped pacing, and squeezed his eyes shut as he tried to remember his declensions. Slowly, he recited them: “Amo. Amas. Amat. Ama - … Ama - …” His nose wrinkled as he fought harder to concentrate. Slowly, the sound of sloshing water and fabric came to a halt as Lucille sat up straight and turned her attention to the young boy, trying to hide the adoring smile threatening to break out onto her freckled face. He was precious, that boy. Little flecks of pollen on his recently trimmed hair, and eyes the color of tree bark in the summer - he was indeed a beautiful child.

“Do you need help?” Lucille asked, resting her wet hands upon her lap. George shook his head, eyes still squeezed shut.

Then, at last: “Amamus?”

“That’s right!”

George opened his eyes and beamed at her, dimples in his cheeks and one crooked bottom tooth peeking out from behind his lips. “Amatis and amant,” he finished proudly - boldly, hands balled into fists and resting at his hips like a navy captain at the helm. “Am I finished?”

It was Lucille’s turn to furrow her brow. “Finished?” she asked, frowning. “What do you mean, finished? You’ve hardly completed two hours of your schooling, young man -”

“I’m tired,” he interrupted.

“You’re tired!” Lucille stared, wide-eyed and open-mouthed at the boy, incapable of stringing two more cohesive words together in her disbelief. There she was, washing laundry until her hands bled, and George was tired after less than two hours of his Saturday Latin lesson? When she was his age, she’d already been reading the same poems in English, Latin, and French - and he was tired!

She sighed, shoulders slumped, then chuckled. Of course he was tired. He was but a child - and what was the point of having him, if not to nurture his childhood in every way that he deserved? “Very well,” she said at last. “You may play - on camp grounds, George!” He was gone, having eagerly taken his first running step the moment she opened her mouth to acquiesce. Jack might be a few years younger than him, but George looked forward to their play time regardless - so much so that he held very little patience for his mother’s lectures. “I’m serious! Don’t wander off where I can’t see you!”

“Okay, Lucy!” he called back over his shoulder.

She chuckled again, then returned to her work. “Tired,” she muttered to herself. “Tired of Latin, of all things! The language of the orators!” Scoffing bitterly, she added, “According to the English, at least. Rowdy bastards that they are - imperialist, conquering, war-mongering scum that they are - ouch!” She popped the knuckle of her middle finger into her mouth after accidentally scraping it too hard on the washboard. It gave her an opportunity to check on George, to make sure he was right where he needed to be. He was safe, and playing with Jack. They each held a stick in their hands and pretended that they were swords. Lucille didn’t have to tell them to be careful; George was so gentle with that boy that he made sure every aspect of the game was nothing but careful. Waiting for her scraped knuckle to stop bleeding so that she could resume the laundry, Lucille watched them.

Running with outlaws might not have been what she wanted out of life when she was a young girl, but it sure was a hell of a lot better than hiding behind her cowardice. The way George played now, when he used to refuse food two years ago - it was proof. He was thriving; he could continue to thrive. All he needed was a family to believe in him, to nourish his growing, curious soul. With nothing but gratitude in her heart for what Dutch and his people have brought into George’s life, she returned to her job of washing some of the dirtiest and bloodiest laundry she’d ever encountered in her life.

Last edited:
KJCZ7NE4koSumEcFhOI-NC6sviVTXo5_zU9Lbe_6udVG_wx17F9ay1tU2PEPSDrzPvkqnJ7E7_tP-vinB2rCcJQd5V7zQH0suyB6qNLlfRfnusDcV8WmlPbFMqzHZgvYuZhStbV1NKwpt-8YewYe9Cw

JANE DOE :: 25 :: OUTLAW ACTIVIST
Red Dead Redemption 2 OC; Xu Ruo Han FC
Pairs with Javier Escuella, Dutch van der Linde, Hosea Mathews, and Sean MacGuire
Theme Song - GDP by Bob Vylan

PERSONALITY
Playful, mysterious, and intentionally frustrating - Jane would have been an exceptional actress if given a different lot in life. No matter what role she needs to play, she jumps into it eagerly and expertly. For Jane, the con is more than just a means for survival: it’s an art. The trickier it is to pull off, the stronger its gravitational pull is on her. Aside from acting, Jane is an exceptional cold reader and sniper. Gathering information - about individuals, places, and situations - is her specialty.

Unlike most other outlaws, Jane’s cons and robberies are usually followed up with gifting money to the poor. She hates rich people; she hates politicians; she hates racists; she hates sexists; and she hates ducks. But in her wisdom, even the things and people that she hates receive some modicum of sympathy from her. She will shoot them dead if need be - but sympathetically. As far as she’s concerned, politicians have started a war on their own people, and you can’t let your enemy live just because you can understand why they operate the way that they do. Sympathy alone should never guide a person’s moral compass. It’s always about the long game.

Jane regards herself as a very loyal person - but only to ideals, and not to people. People, after all, change, but ideals don’t. As long as there is government, there will be a demographic kept poor and downtrodden so that others may feel the power of importance. That will never change, and it will always be Jane’s highest priority in life to fight that level of establishment. She might seem unbothered in the way she presents herself to others, but a tumultuous rage against oppression simmers just beneath her skin. And it fuels everything she does.

HISTORY
Born and raised in California, Jane’s earliest memories are of her father leaving every morning to work in the mines. He would kiss Jane and her mother on the forehead, say he loved them, then wouldn’t return until late in the night, long after Jane had already gone to bed. One day, when Jane was only eight years old, her father left to visit family in China. He said he would be back with the rest of their family in just a few short months. But due to the Chinese Exclusion Act, he did not come back, nor were Jane and her mother able to leave. Like many other Chinese families, theirs was ripped apart. Jane’s mother could find no work opportunities, so Jane resorted to stealing to keep them fed. After three years passed, her mother died of typhoid fever, leaving Jane an orphan at only eleven years old.

This is the only part of her history that she’s willing to share, and there’s no official record of it being true. Jane has no legal documentation verifying her story or identity, in fact. She is a woman who, according to bureaucracy, does not exist. And it’s all thanks to the decision she made after her mother died to never go by her birth name again. While she claims to remember it, Jane has refused to tell anyone what it is. Jane Doe suits her just fine, as she regards herself as just another victim of petty warfare between a government and its people.

She does, however, have three known aliases.

Helen Dubois is a well-to-do woman married to a French diplomat. She can be found at parties thrown by wealthy men, but not those wealthy men invested in politics. Helen likes them stupid, and uninformed, and eager to have an affair with a young, married Chinese woman. Then she robs them blind.

Irving Holmes is a man no one has ever seen before - but he often writes to the women who’ve been homewrecked by Helen Dubois. His offer is always the same: pay him $500, and he’ll kill their husbands. Most don’t fall for it, but some do. Irving always delivers, and he always collects.

Annie Jones is a troubled, young medium, and plagued with what she calls “spirit headaches.” These headaches take her to the homes of the recently widowed, and for a small sum of $300, she will provide closure over the course of two days. (Food and board provided by the host for those two days, of course.) There have been times that guests identified “Annie” as Helen Dubois, and in those times, Jane barely managed to escape with her life. It was always fun, though.

These cons are often run one right after the other, all on the same victim and his family, before she leaves town and targets someone new. Her wanted poster boasts a bounty of $750 - wanted alive.

MISC NOTES
  • Rides an Appaloosa named Caesar
  • Cannot speak Chinese - but does speak some broken Spanish due to her time in California
WRITING SAMPLE
Coming soon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back