• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tremor

Yoki

Bacterial Arsonist

a0RlXq5.png

blue-collider.gif

Where will you be when time ends?

tumblr_mwp8mba5oi1t1wftfo1_500.gif

were-open-neon.gif

w.gif
1:00PM
w.gif
g
w.gif
Saturday
w.gif
c033a5f34dfe19738c6dcf355d6dd276.jpg

The day was like any other, the sun's bright rays shining down, bouncing off of the glittering glass windows of the tall modern buildings that reached up into the clear blue sky. Cars roared loudly as they passed by on the busy and jammed up roads, the air was filled with conversation, the beeping of horns, the smell of food, body spray, and carbon dioxide all mixed into one.

Every street was bustling and busy, voices over voices, people pushing past one another in a rush to get where they needed to be for the day, it was so hard to make out who was saying what, or even know who was going where. A tangled mess of people shifting and shoving was all that could be seen for the ground or the air.

"Tremors set off nationwide confusion!"

"Did you hear about Becky? Apparently her and Damien are no longer a thing."

"What, really?"

"Hot dogs! Get your hots dogs!"

"Hey! Rich! Here!"

"Shush Marie, your father already bought you ice cream today, you can't have another."

"But-"

"No arguing, you know you can't live off of ice cream!"

"So you heard about it too huh? I thought it was just me... No, no, of course not, but I think it could make a pretty good story."

"I love that movie, I heard the sai-"

If the Tremors hadn't started to interfere, everything would have been fine...everyone would have been fine...but that wasn't the case.

A small shaking could be felt as everything stopped and the world fell silent, people who had been talking no more than a second earlier stood like statues, mouths open as if they were trying to speak but couldn't, completely silent and still.

No birds sung.

No more wind blew.

Clocks stopped.

Another Tremor.

All that was left were those unaffected by this strange phenomena, left to roam for as long as these tremors would allow them. Whilst their peers stood like wax figures, completely unaware of everything that was going on around them, completely unaware that time had stopped. They would never know. They had no idea how broken everything was...

----

Click.

"The time is one pm, it's a Saturday, everything around me has stopped, again. These 'Tremors' have been happening more frequently recently, I'm starting to fear that we're running out of time... And I am yet to find a single Breaker. He told me about them, told me time was falling apart, yet when I tried to solicit his help he ran away, I need more information, I need to know where they'll be. I haven't seen him since the five thirty, Wednesday Tremor... I don't know if I'll ever see him again...

But, my search must continue. For now I'll use the....'time' that had been given to me. I'm going out. There must be someone out there like myself, someone who will listen to me."

Click.

Welcome to your world.

Last edited by a moderator:

tumblr_nhtc1k35pv1qhqci1o5_400.gif

Seraphia "Sera" Farran.

"A cat called Noo-Noo"

Saturday

"One"

Saturday started like any other, she had rolled out of the same bed she had yesterday and at the same time as she had on Thursday, she looked at the same apartment she did everyday and said goodbye to her cat like always.

"One, two-"

The first signs that today would be different were small average occurances that most others would just ignore; a small tear in her favourite gym shirt had cost her an extra ten minutes of time as she sat cross-legged on the edge of her queen bed, a roll of cotton in her mouth as she sewed the offending tear shut at 5:30am.

She had run to the gym that morning in an attempt to claw back the 10 minutes she'd lost. Her gym bag thudded heavily against her back as her feet hit the cold damp ground of an early saturday morning and her breath steamed visibly infront of her as she ran. There werent many others out at this time.

"One, two, three- you've been at it for hours time to stop"

The soft rythmic thudding of her bandaged hands hitting the boxing bag held steady infront of her slowed to a stop and she raised a slender wrist to her forehead to wipe the beads of sweat from trickling from her brow and into her eyes. Another 30 minutes to shower in the gym bathrooms; the best part of early morning workouts were the bathrooms still being clean and she pondered that thought as she pulled the grey beanie over her bubblegum pink hair, stepping out into the street to begin her walk to work.

How long had it been since this phenomenon started she wouldnt know; one day after what seemed like any average earthquake, time just
stopped though no one else seemed to have noticed at the time, or any subsequent time since then.

Seraphia arrived at the small cafe she worked part time at, hurried hello's to her co-workers as she sidestepped her way through the already crowded establishment to clock in for the day; practising her best "hello how are you" smile in the mirror as she looped the apron around her waist before joining the throng of people waiting to be served.

1pm; Same day

Another Tremor?

Her blue eyes flicked upwards, her fingers deftly sweeping a loose lock of pink hair behind an ear as she scanned the mostly empty coffee shop her gaze coming to rest on the bird that had seemingly stopped mid flight just as she'd been shooing it out the door.

Sera had somewhat gotten used to the Tremors now, or rather the knowing that no one else was aware of what was going on though a sigh still escaped her lips as she placed a hand on her hip to balance her weight and ponder how long it would take for time to unstick itself.

Normally, she'd use this opportunity to see if she could do anything new with her abilites but lately an unsettled feeling in her stomach had kept her own her guard and as such, she left the practising to when she found herself at home with her cat called Noo-noo.

Resigning herself to the wait, she instead pulled a chair out at the nearest clear table, her chin resting in her hands as she waitied for time to resume.

"Shouldnt be long now"

xxSilvia Merlexxxxxxxxpowerlessxxxxxxxx

6:00 AM Saturday

Silvia woke as she usually did; reluctantly. She groaned and tugged her blankets up around her, futilely trying to go back to sleep. However, years of habit didn't go away in a moment and she found that she couldn't quite reach unconsciousness. She rolled off the bed, falling onto the mound of pillows she kept there specifically to cushion her falls. With an unhappy sigh, she yawned and stood up to begin her morning routine.

approx. 30 minutes later

She carefully poured her tea into a thermos to bring to work with her. With that done, she grabbed her keys and headed to work. She had never been much suited for office jobs and had taken a job as a librarian. It wasn't very glamourous and didn't have a high salary but she made it work with a couple part-time jobs here and there. It was comforting though, the peace and quiet, the rustle of paper and the musty smell of books. It was infinitely less stressful than any corporate job and she was fairly thankful that she had chosen it.

Quickly unlocking the doors and making sure everything was in place, she settled down behind the counter, picking up where she left behind in a book from the previous day. She sipped from her thermos and overall, the time passed fairly quietly.

1:00 PM

When the tremor started, she didn't notice right away. For several minutes, she continued to flip through the book, reclining comfortably in her chair. It was only when she looked up and saw a young man approaching her with a book in hand, form frozen mid step, that she realized time had even stopped at all. She pulled a journal from her bag, quickly scribbling down the time and reminding herself to look up the official time the tremor started later.

Keeping the journal out, she recorded her observations. It was doubtful that the information would lead to anything but if college ever taught her anything, it was that writing her thoughts down were very important.

The tremor started at approximately 1:00 on Saturday.

Everyone around me (3 people) is frozen. --> looking outside, everyone on the street is also frozen.

The last tremor wasn't that long ago, is it me or are they getting more frequent?

NOTE;; remember to have a watch on me next time

tremor length -

She closed the journal, tucking the pen into a pocket and wandered back inside. As much as she would like to know what's going on, it would be very odd if the tremor stopped and she wasn't at the desk. Especially for the guy who was probably looking to check out a book. For him, it would have looked as though she simply disappeared into thin air which would raise some very awkward questions. The last time it had happened, she managed to get off by awkwardly claiming it was some sort of magic trick but that wouldn't work twice.

Sliding back into her chair, she settled down, picking up where she left behind in a book from the previous day. She sipped from her thermos and overall, the time passed fairly quietly.

Kylie

" Yes, strawberry cake . mmm sounds nice ."

Kylie giggled covering her crystal teeth with her hand which held a orange pen , and in other hand was a note pad .

The man who she had been talking smiled and nodded at the girls remark . Leaving the man to his electronic devises ,

Kylie entered the kitchen , taking out a knife that had been placed in one of the decorated drawers . Kylie walked over

to the oven opening the upper half and taking out a full cake creamed with nothing but organic strawberry frosting , it should be cold by know taking it out with her bare hands while still holding the knife , placing it carefully on the counter , she then began cutting the delicacy , lifting it with the knife and placing it on one of the many overly decorated ( yet very cute ) plates .

-

Placing the plate onto a tray she stepped out walking over to the man .

" Here you are sir . . . sir ? "

Kylie shook her right hand in front of the young mans face . Sighing she stepped out of her restaurant bumping into a bird that

was frozen in place , she apologized knowing the animal could not hear her .

" Again ? should I take this time to find those 'Breakers ' ? Even if I did where ? "

Looking around as she did , she began walking crossing many street passing houses and fitness areas 2 gym areas

as well as playground . Thats when her feet could take no more sitting on one of the bench in the playground .

As she looked around studying the children , she thought about how an earthquake could do such harm , what is it ? and why was it here ?

Brushing her thoughts away she began looking around once again this was the same place she had meet that 'person ' she has been coming her ever since . Yet no sign .

@Yoki

@Mezzaluna

LIONEL RUSS

FORMATTING LATER I'M TIRED

Blue-grey eyes slowly blinked open, feeling that something was amiss. Lionel forced himself to awaken, his body groggy and his mind clouded from a night of insomnia. A quick look outside his window confirmed it instantly; time had stopped once again. At this point, tremors were a common occurrence. Without much fanfare, he went through his morning routine and headed downstairs, grabbing a simple carton of juice before he left through the half-open door with his camera bag. These days, he never had much of an appetite.

Ever since discovering the truth behind these tremors, he'd spent those breaks in time wandering the city. There was something beautiful about its stillness and he'd take his DSLR along to take photographs and videos of the phenomenon. Once he tired of his hobby, he'd play with his powers. It was a soothing routine he'd developed during these still moments.

His steps led him to the city center, staring at the crowd that walked along its streets. Normally, the mere thought of being amongst them would make him anxious, but under the spell of inaction they were nothing more than figures in a scene. His shoes barely made a sound against the pavement, unwilling to break the tranquility.

A half-open door piqued his interest and his gaze turned to the bird stuck in mid-flight as it escaped the cafe. Pale fingers deftly unzipped his camera bag, quickly selecting his preferred lens and supporting the device's weight as he readied himself to shoot. Through the viewfinder, he adjusted the focus... and almost dropped the camera as he saw something move in the background.

He sheepishly hid away his most prized possession, feeling rather embarrassed as his eyes met the woman's clear blue gaze. How long had it been since he'd last spoken to someone outside family and doctor? At least four months, by his estimate. Well damn. It really put into perspective how reclusive he'd become.

Lionel hid behind the mask he'd refined for years, burying his discomfort in a well-practiced smile. He entered the cozy space, straddling the seat across the pink-haired person.
"Hello there!" Despite his lack of practice, his delivery remained smooth. Habits were hard to break after all, and feigning confidence was like a second skin to him. "Glad to see I'm not the only living creature around here."

@Mezzaluna

Nathan Coovak

6a00e54ecca8b9883301901e2a47f2970b-pi

Information
Tags
With: No one

Saturday

8AM

Nathan stood in front of his investigation wall. He had several pictures and scribbles of different events. The pictures were from his own camera, the news, and other outlets of media. Meanwhile the scribbles were words explaining events. Between these scribbles and pictures were pieces of yawn. The yawn was colored according to correlation. Red was definite, yellow was probable, and green was presumptive. Nathan was trying his best to figure these tremors out. He had dedicated his life to it. He stared at the wall with the back of a black pen in his mouth. Something always ended up in his mouth when he was deep in thought. It helped him focus for some strange reason. This wall was his masterpiece. He had placed all of his time and energy into it. Yet, something was missing. There was no key piece to connect all of the dots. The only thing here were small pieces of the puzzle. He pulled a chair nearby and sat in front of the wall. He would figure it out, even if it meant consuming his entire day.

Same Day

1PM

Good news is that staring at a wall for a long time does create results. Bad news is that the results are completely mental. The wall looked distorted now. Nathan looked away and blinked his eyes several times. He needed a break from his masterpiece. The wall would forgive him for it. He pressed his hand against it. He bowed his head and then stood up. He was ready for a break to eat. He hadn't eaten breakfast yet. There was no time. The truth was far more important than breakfast. Nathan's loft was small. It was the top floor and was more expensive than the other floors, but the other floors were worn down and dirty. His loft was like being the king of a kingdom with no people. It wasn't amazing. Nathan didn't need a place that was gorgeous, he only needed somewhere to eat and sleep. This loft was exactly that. Anyway, it was time for Breaklunch. He didn't have time for two separate meals.

A large yawn escaped his mouth as he began searching his tiny fridge for food. It was messy. Old Chinese food, moldy yogurt, and a single egg with a large crack on the side of it. Nathan scratched his head. When was the last time he did groceries? He wondered to himself. His mind was so caught up in solving the puzzle of the tremors, that he never really took time out to take care of himself. Nothing was in this fridge to eat. He had to purchase food, again. This was a normal ritual for him. Breaklunch was always celebrated outside. The bad part was getting ready. It meant actually putting on people clothes and moving away from his wall. Nathan walked over to his closet and picked up a plaid button down shirt and khakis. He then slipped on a pair of sneakers. Comfort was more important than style. He made his way down the stairs of the apartment building. He felt strange...Everything was quiet...Nobody wa-- He stopped himself mid thought and ran down the stairs as fast as he could. He knew what this meant. A tremor! A tremor! He ran out like a college student who just aced all of his finals. He had to find a breaker. His questions needed answers.

[Will edit code later]

Serafina "Sera" Farran

Saturday;

Sera had closed her eyes to the world and lost herself in her thoughts; she thought mostly about sneaking off home while everything was still frozen, though she never knew if the CCTV camera's positioned in the quaint cafe also stopped recording as time stopped during the Tremors.

She knew she could always ask her boss about it, though last time she enquired about the Tremors to anyone aside from herself she almost earned herself a one-way trip to the local crazy shack; her co-workers still shot her bizarre looks on occassion.

The memory alone was enough to make her visibly cringe and her hands slid up from her chin to bury themselves in the thick of her hair where they stayed while she contemplated her life choices up until this point.

This was until she realised moments later that she was staring directly into the face of a young man who had just walked through the door of the cafe.

Oh the Tremor must have passed now

That was the only reasonable explaination for this occurance, not once on any other occassion had she seen anyone aside from herself that was still capable of moving during the Tremors; however when she took a brief look around the establishment, she noticed that everything aside from the two of them was still frozen in place.

Sera looked back at him now, her eyes now meeting the blue-grey of his own as her brow furrowed slightly, a mixture of curiousity and caution visible on her face though she wasnt too worried; she was capable of defending herself in the end.

"Uh wow, you're really still moving arent you?"

This can't be a coincidence.

The thought drifted to the forefront of her mind as she gave the stranger the most convincing "how are you" smile she'd ever accomplished to her own knowledge.

The uneasiness she'd felt in the pit of her stomach these past few days and the appearance of someone else unaffected by everything going on just seemed too convienient; though the opposite was also true in the sense she was probably just being paranoid.

Beating around the figurative bush wasnt getting her anywhere so what better solution than to approach the situation head on?

"Are you the one that's been following me around?"

@monopoisoner

Friday, 10 AM. Secluded alley

Wilder could make out the shape of someone standing in the shadows, waiting for the courier boy (him) to appear. The man, the dealer, take one good look at Wilder as he just standing there, grinning with the lit cigarette clamped between his teeth. The hooded man motioned to him to come closer, one quick handwave and Wilder walked straight into the alley. He walked without saying anything, or even glancing at the hooded man, opening the palm of his right hand to grab the small brown package given to him.

"Yellow Arc Hotel." The hooded man whispered as Wilder passed by him. That's all the instruction he needed.

Saturday, 12.45PM. Sketchy hotel

Wilder knocked the door, and with the sweetest voice he could make announced "Room Service!" before patiently waited as the grumpy, impatient, Chinese mob inside hide whatever they don't want him to see (Weapons, probably). They are the receiver of the small package he received yesterday. The door opened from inside and Wilder is greeted by a small group of (mostly) bald men covered in tattoos as if wanting to announce to the cop and the world who they are, chatting and standing and smoking inside room 317. On the ground, he could see two black briefcases that supposed to be filled with a total of one billion dollars. If they are less than that, then whoever pays Wilder to deliver this package will make sure that they are sleeping with the fishes.

He carries his rusty cart inside, filled with Chinese food and a big plate full of dumplings. He stopped in front of the table and was moving the plates of food one by one to a small round table when a one of the mobs said something and grabbed him by the shoulder. He started into Wilder's eye, then screaming something at his friends while pointing at him. Looking at his tattoo of a dragon, Wilder suddenly remembers the man who he pickpocketed just yesterday night. The same guy? But before any of the Chinese mob could cut Wilder's finger or punch his perfect teeth, a small quake shook the ground, the building, the world... And Wilder grinned as everything around him slowly come to a stop. The men inside froze in place, the smoke from their cigarettes hung in the air. This is perfect, he doesn't need to stop time himself!

After he moved the mob's hand, Wilder stars humming the working song from Snow White as he took out the small brown package the need to deliver and place it in the middle of the table. He then grabs the two briefcases and took it away, leaving the hotel before the tremor stops and time starts. It's going to be weird sight, of a male wearing a hotel uniform with two black briefcases. But no one should see him... right?

xxSilvia Merlexxxxxxxxpowerlessxxxxxxxx

0:10 Saturday - tremor time

@Vengeance Spirit

It had been roughly ten minutes since the tremor started and Silvia couldn't focus on the book that she was reading. Despite the silence and calm, now that she knew what was happening, she couldn't stop herself from being distracted and the words blurred on the pages. She pinched her nose and sighed, putting her book on the counter and leaving a small tab to where she left off. If she couldn't focus, she might as well try to find one of those 'breaker' people or at least someone to explain what was really going on.

She carefully stepped around the frozen young man and pushed open the library doors into the street. The afternoon sun beat down on her and she paused to watch the bustling street, now dead silent. While the tremors didn't seem all that harmful, despite the warning she had been given, it was still disconcerting to see all the movement simply
frozen. There was no birds chirping or leaves rustling, no cars honking or people talking. All of a sudden, the sound of her breath and the beat of her pulse seemed amplified in the silence.

The moment was broken when she heard the sound of footsteps and she jumped, startled. A man rushed out of an apartment building, oddly frantic considering that time had literally stopped. She quickly took a few steps towards him; he was one of the first people that she had seen able to move during a tremor.

She made a quick note in her journal. Hopefully, she would be able to compile a list of people that were aware of what was happening.

person unaffected by tremor, why?

name -

male

20's? 30's?

"Excuse me?" She waved her hand in case, for some reason, he hadn't noticed her. "Are you a breaker?" Hopefully he was. She didn't quite know what she would do when she found a breaker, only that she needed to find one. And maybe get a real explanation about what was happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back