The Solar War

Name

Jane Gerald

Callsign

Locks (this is because she used to have these long, beautiful locks that everyone made fun of but were practically Jane's pride and joy. But, during a training exercise, her hair got stuck on the inside of the suit and she got really distracted trying to get it out and failed the exercise. She got it all shaved off after that.)

Female-Very-Short-Buzz-Cut.jpg

Physical Description

Jane is 5 ft 5 inches, a normal height. She is also average weight. She has an oval face with slightly drooping eyes and full lips. Her eyes are a shade of brown which she despises. She never wears make-up or any type of jewelry (contrary to the picture), and normally just wears simple tank-tops and cargo pants.

Personal History

Jane grew up in a military family her whole life, but was never encouraged to join. Her Mom and brother were in the military. Her mom was a space-Cee pilot and her brother was in the infantry. Her mom hated that her brother joined and all she really wanted was for them both to stay out of danger, but she didn't teach her kids to be cowards. Her dad, however, was a writer. Jane hated her dad not because he was mean or abusive or anything like that, but because he always denied reality. His writing never got off the ground and he never earned any money from it. Her family was too poor to pay the bills sometimes and he wouldn't take a job and insisted that he had a job, that he was on the edge of a best seller in a time when no one was even taking the time to sit down and read a good book anymore! When she was 15, her brother died in combat, he was only 24. Jane didn't want to be anything like her father, waiting around for something to happen. she didn't want to be her brother either, a simple grunt sent out to die, so she decided space-Cees were gonna be her thing. When she was old enough and not a second later, she signed up. She's had kind of a rocky road in training. She doesn't have a lot of natural talent and she is over-confident. So there were a lot of nights where she was staring at a book or getting in some non-required practice time. After all of her hard work, she come up right in the middle. She's not bad, but she isn't impressive either.

Personality

When Jane is on duty, she is a really hard worker. She stays on task and is not afraid to be mean to get shit done. Jane isn't that good of a leader, but if the current leader isn't doing his/her work then Jane will try to take things into her own hands, which can be helpful, but it can also be a complete mess. When she is off work, however, Jane loves to have fun and fuck around. She is a huge gambler and is actually pretty good at it. She teases her friends so if she is overly nice to you, she probably doesn't like you. Also, she's got the mouth of a sailor.

Character Traits

Jane knows the history of the AI war better then you probably know your mother. She enjoys history a lot. Jane also knows more book knowledge about piloting the Cees then a lot of the other guys/girls, not that this helps that much in a fire-fight but she knows every little tip and trick and maneuver that the books include. Completely unrelated, Jane is a lesbian.

Motivations

She wants to make a difference in the war instead of sitting on the sidelines and hoping it turns out okay.

Ethics

Work hard and you'll be rewarded

Goals

To win the war, not by herself, but to be apart of the win.​

You're set Light. Good to see people getting their shit posted.

I'm probably going to get a starter post up and running shortly. I've got nothing better to do, and we have 5 of seven characters posted.

Boom. Things are posted, feel free to meet your squadmates and get them RP juices flowing. It's just you folks in the ship, except the pilots, so go nuts.

Super crap. Is it to late for me to join? Or is this already to far gone? I can get a character posted tomorrow night possibly, but no garuntees. Teusday night at the latest.

Ok. I'm going to put something for me to build off of. Be warned, I am on my Ipod.

Name: Connor McKinley

Callsign: Redneck (possible change)

Appearance: Due to the slightly higher gravity of Venus plus the added atmospheric pressure, so he claims, he us rather small. Five feet even to be exact. But he's built like a boulder. This often makes him look something amin to a toad. Curly brown hair and boring brown eyes.

Background: Born and raised in a farming community on Venus. He was shearing sheep, milking

cows, feeding pigs, and all the other farm hand stuff since he could walk talk and lift a full bucket. As he grew, he and his friends began doing more and more crazy and stupid things. Including bu not limited wrestlin a bull, throwing a live pig back and forth, and headbutting the local bill goat.

Needless to say, they got hurt. But it wasn't until after the goat incident did he realize how dangerous his stunts were. So he took the added precaution and wore a helmet. His friends called him a coward, until Henry went into a comma from something similar to the goat incident. but thanks to modern technology, he had a resounding recovery.

Now, to get down to why he became a Cee pilot in the first place. He just felt like it. One day, he

woke up and went 'Yeah, I'll join the army. Get ripped, all the ladies, good pay.' etc. etc. etc. And he just managed to squeeze by the written test, nothing to remarkable in piloting, and truly showed himself in two fields. One, heavy ordinance. Yes putting a couple holes in something was usually enough to take it out of action, but overkill is under rated. The second was much more practical. he is, simply put, a gifted engineer. He isn't over the top amazing like some, but he can do a pretty damn good field repair.

Personality: Sticking to the redneck, hill billy stereotype, he likes his guns. Bigger equals better in his book. So it's a bit of a surprise that he is a Cee pilot instead of a tank gunner. Kind of stupid, book and other. He never paid attention in history, and thinks some clearly bad ideas are good ones.

Character Traits: When ever he is piloting, he makes sure he has a helmet on, his pictures of home and family are where they are supposed to be, and his bobble head collection is lined up just right. Man loves those things, and claims to have one from all the major planets up to the asteroid belt.

Motivation: He's just here for the proverbial dip.

Ethics: All work and no play make for a naughty boy and work hard play hard both come to mind.

Goals: Get through all of this alive and to go back home and brag to his friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kojima Productions has been at loggerheads with Bethesda Software over the mutability of war. The embittered argument has evidence on both sides, and equally gravelly macho-sounding people pronouncing each side's position.

"War has changed" is from Metal Gear Solid, e.g., Kojima, versus Bethesda which has "War never changes."

Also you can only say War has changed if you've smoked thirty packs of cigarettes a day for the past thirty years.

Name: Nick Watson

Callsign: Rabbit

Physical Description: Nick stands at a full height of 6'1 (74") and weighs a solid 150 pounds. For the most part he's considered a mesomorph when it comes to his bodies build. This means that he has a lean body and is average when it comes to muscles. His facial region includes a well-rounded nose and a set of average male lips. His hair was a very low buzz cut and the color of black. Lastly, his skin color is that of a lightly tanned Caucasian.

Personal History: Nick was born on the planet dubbed Luna. All his life he'd been under the influence that the Solar Union was one of the best things to happen, considering his mother and father had both worked under their power and influence. As a result, they believed it no harm for them to teach him as much as possible about mankind's past and how they had to fight throughout the AI War. Eventually, Nick's mother passed away, the result of her working too hard and overexerting herself. In honor of his mother, he simply believed it would only be right to join the Solar Union and achieve a position as a Cee Pilot.

Once Nick joined up with the Solar Union, he hadn't shown anything superb in training. He only went by the book, performing the tasks asked easily, but never putting his spin on anything. He never really stood out besides the fact that he seemed to enjoy keeping his feet off the ground all the time, almost like a rabbit. Eventually, it stuck, becoming his callsign and he grew more out of his shell, becoming a bit more creative with his piloting techniques, but never doing anything outrageous. Regardless, he was driven by the ambition to live up to his mother's expectations and become one of the best Cee Pilots.

Personality: Nick is an obedient person, so long as the person giving the orders has been labeled as a rank higher than him or the one in control. Overall, he exerts loyalty over his own opinion nearly all the time, at least when authority is around. When not dealing with a person in a power position, he's a very casual person who prefers to spout jokes than have a bland conversation. In terms of emotions like sadness and anger, he even

Character Traits: Knows some basic hand to hand defense and enough about Cee's that he can adapt to performing at an average level in any position on the field. However, he's much better at ranged combat

Motivations:
His motivations are to be more like his parents and to live up to his own mothers expectations.

Ethics: Nick has very few problems with many things, as long as it isn't against the law, it's good in his book, except a few things. For the most part, orders come first over everything, unless it deals with killing or harming an innocent person.

Goals: Nick's primary goal is to live up to his parents expectations and become one of the greatest Cee Pilots.

Woe, you could really do with a read over to tune the writing, but otherwise it's fine.

Btw, Luna is The Moon, not a planet

Alright, characters are confirmed. I'm not going to be accepting any more characters, and I'd like to get the RP really rolling, so get to posting

Just a reminder, good spelling is required. A few minor fuck ups are all fine and dandy, but cringe-worthy infractions will result in ejection from the game if they become regular features of posts.

I'm guessing that is directed more towards me. Sorry about that. I was kind of in a rush and wanted to have some sort of intro.

I'll move the plot along shortly, I want to get a feel for the pace and writing styles, and let some organic RP go on

I shall be there shortly. Working on a post now, just kinda smashing my head against the keyboard at the moment though. Not totally sure what to post. It'll be up by the end of the day most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back