• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The forest Of Souls. 2

Ari nodded, "I hope your wish will be granted for the near future, I believe in you!" She walked over to Ray and looked around, "We should give her some time to herself..... Wanna go cause mischief?"

"Something bad..." Was all she said as she began looking through endless books. "I've never witnessed a creature like that before, though I've heard tales from the elders when I was just a child. That...thing in the clearing....it was something I've seen in an old tome.....where is it..." She muttered to herself as she poured through the books. She saw pages on old fae that hadn't been seen in hundreds of years. she finally came upon a passage that had a picture drawn in a rough black ink, describing exactly what they had witnessed in the clearing. "That thing is called an Oerta Mrathe. The book describes it as "A sort of semi-sentient undead. In essence all the negative emotions that might be lingering in a body are recovered and used to recreate the mind as best as can be done. The more negative emotions a person had when they died and the sooner one reaches the body, the more initiative and control the Oerta Mrathe has over its powers. Elemental fae are more receptive to elemental change. So when death by extreme elemental forces occurs, it instills itself into the core of who said fae was at the moment of death." She read from the old tome. "That's what we are dealing with...But...That also means someone had to have created it... This isn't good." She looked to Felsha. "We must gather the others...We need to speak."

So, Severa hasn't been on in a while and I kinda don't want to tie up my character, so I'm just gonna wrap up the fight.

The Oerta Mrathe cackled and walls of flame shot up in a seemingly random pattern. When they dispersed, the creature was gone, and the fire died down, a strange symbol was left burning in the ground. A leafless tree growing out of a pile of skulls.

The gales stirring around Blake suddenly died away as she snapped back to reality. She sighed and rubbed her eyes, trying to hold back her tears the best as she can.

"Don't... let emotions get to your head, Blake. You are
better than that."

After regaining her composure, Blake fixed her hair and patted down her coat as she joined Ari and Ray.

"I'm... OK, now. What are you two up to, now? Are there people in this forest?"

Ari nodded "There are a few people but it's not really like we have a whole entire city out here..... The other have a large village but other than that it's really just us and a few others. We were just walking around and looking to possible cause trouble." She smiled a bit and looked over to Ray. "We should go stir up some trouble right now!"

''Your orders madam. Let's get going on then.'' He says. He grabs her hand and pulls her on. ''Hey, so, after all this fight, are we just going to relax at another village or something?''

Ari laughed, "Well, I didn't really think that far! Usually plans change so I've given up planning for anything that's not in the immediate future. Plus, we would have to find somewhere first." She followed his lead and looked over to Blake, "Let's go."

Blake tapped her chin as she thought about what shenanigans Ari and Ray could pull. She threw her hands up in the air and laughed slightly, "Ah, why not? I need something to lighten up my mood. I'll tag along with you two for now."

Ari sped up into a sprint and looked around for anyone to fight. She made little droplets of water float around and hit trees and other obstacles in her way.

Blake floated slightly off the ground and pushed herself through the air on a gust of wind. She trailed slightly behind Ari, shielding her eyes from any stray debris with her arm.

She called out to Ari, "Hey! You mentioned a village, right? It would be a good idea to find someone there, no?"

"Well, that's where we are going to hopefully find someone..... except to fight. I've never really just met someone who likes us in a village." She shrugged just guessing that's how people were. Ari then ran a bit faster trying not to think about all of the possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Felsha gasped and quickly put her hands over her mouth. She had witnessed this creature a while back and knows of its power. "I will gather the others quickly" She stated. Felsha burst out of the doors flying to the others homes and informing them of what had happened. "Serenity demanded that you all come and see her, as we are in more danger then expected" announced Felsha.

Blake's eyebrows furrowed as she continued to follow Ari through the dense forest. They have been searching these woods for hours without encountering a single soul. She could have easily found Wraps's cemetery by now, or worked out further plans to destroy the fiend that destroyed her friends...

Blake decided that she had enough of her time wasted. The village seemed like a better investment of her time, and Ari was the only one around who knew where it was... Blake dashed well ahead of Ari, then eased her propulsion through the air until she was able to lower herself to the earth to safely plant her feet on the ground. She swiftly turned around to the water elemental and pushed forward an open hand towards Ari, summoning a howling gale to stop her fruitless pursuit for conflict.

"Stop already!" she blared, frustration clearly displayed on her face.

Ari felt the wind and tripped with a puzzled look on her face, looking at Blake, "What is it?" She stood up and looked around waiting for something to happen.

Blake crossed her arms as she stared at Ari. "I decided to follow you for some amusement, to watch you fight and all. Ligthen up my mood slightly. We haven't met a single other individual for quite some time now, and I'm beginning to get really-"

She then sighed and brought the palm of her hand to her face, trying to hide her annoyance. "Sorry, sorry... Instead of finding someone to fight, do you mind showing me the village, instead?"

Serenity stalked around her tent. She was restless, so instead of just pacing around she decided to look up more on the creature in the clearing. "There has to be something more on that thing...." She browsed the books she had in her lap.

"Yeah! I can do that!" She pointed to where the trees started to brake off, "It's just over there past the clearing!"

"Thank you, Ari." She twirled around and began to walk towards the clearing. Blake glanced quickly at Ari, cracking a small smile. "I would appreciate it if you came along with me, too." She hasn't met someone so quick to forgive and forget her harshness, and she could use some lasting company for once.

She nodded and followed Blake, "I can't just abandon someone so new to the area can I?" She tilted her head to the side and gave Blake a questioning look, "I don't seem like that kind of person do I?"

"For me, you come across as good company, Ari," Blake replied contently. She brought a hand over her mouth, as if to cough, and murmured, "The only decent company I've had in a long time..." She continued to walk with Ari until they reached the open clearing. A lone tent sat outside what seemed to be the gates of a small village. Not a person was walking about besides themselves, though.

Blake cupped her hands around her mouth and yelled. "Hello! Is anyone here!?"

Ari narrowed her eyes a bit when Blake yelled out, "Chances are you may be injured.... are you prepared to take that risk on just wanting to explore?" She looked around listening for a response to echo around the area or for something to come flying at them.

''Village will most likely be very aggressive right now, we had a fight a while ago and i don't they chewed it already.'' He was just standing there, being in the middle of their conversations.

Blake looked puzzled at Ari, confused by her concern. "If I were injured, I would have said something to you by now. Besides..." she pounded her fists together, a strong airflow pulsating from where her fists made contact. "I know how to fight for myself."

She shot a dirty glance at Ray, then turned to face makeshift village gates. "And
you folks may have caused friction with the villagers, but as far as they know, I'm nothing but a lone traveller to them. I should be fine."Blake adjusted her coat and fixed her hair, trying to make herself as presentable as possible before walking towards the village.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back