The "Extraordinary" Circus. [Inactive]

"I can teach you to juggle if you like, sure. Im not exactly a master at it or anything." she paused for a moment and then giggles "I could ride around on you as a Lion or something."

Picking up a fork Florence speared some of her salad, holding it more downwards in her palm like a knife, and pushing it into her mouth.

She looked to Koa and smiled with a small peice of lettuce hanging from her mouth.

"What was that about manners?"

As they were eating a scruffy looking teen with a sportscap and a jacket came into the cafe, looking very much like what Lilly would have referred to as an 'oik' if she were being polite.

He bought a drink from the counter and then strolled through the cafe casually chewing gum with a half open mouth, before settling onto a chair opposite the group, his legs resting on the back of his table.

Despite Koa's presence, who's back was facing to him, he leaned over and leered both of the girls without the remotest of subtly, eyes lingering on them.

"Oi oi, which of you two girls is with the big lug ey? I'll take the other one innit." As he finished speaking he let out a tinny peal of laughter, staring at Florence.

The young Naiad blinked a couple of times, slightly unsettled by his behaviour but missing the full disrepute of it, and also missing the implication of his statment.

"We're...both with him? Thats why he's at the same table..."

Vineres could feel anger stirring up, wanting to lash out the moment he said anything.

"She with us. Now get your slimy eyes off of her or were going to have an issue." She said through her already barring teeth, as she went to standup she felt something tugging her to stay put. She didn't move her feet, but kept the man in a dead lock stare.

"Leave her alone 'ya hear?" She said wanting him to leave again. She promise to Dragos and Lilly to not have any issues, and to keep Florence and Koa safe. Even if it meant being made to leave the circus, shed at least do it with dignity. In the back of her head thiugh, she could already feel Koa stirring, black steaming anger practically rolling off of his energy and into the back of Vinnie's spine.

Koa

My muscles stiffened as I watched the guy walk into the cafe like deli. I was already on edge around him and it got worse when he sat behind me. I hated having people sit behind me because I wasn't able to keep an eye on that person.

Boy was that guy a piece of work. Bad looks, bad manners, and bad mouth. I began to shake when he spoke to us, hinting that one of the girls would be with him. I wanted to rip his head off especially when Florence answered him so innocently.

Indie woke up late, something she barely ever did. She was usually a morning person, up early and ready to rehearse, perform, and help out in any way she possibly could. The small 19-year-old pushed her red-orange, layered hair from her face and jumped up. She had heard some rumors of going into town today and there was no way she was missing. Indie slipped on some cuffed jean shorts and an oversized, aztec-print sweater that came a bit off of her shoulder. As she put on her shirt, she was careful to retract her wings as far she could. Unless they were outstretched, the black, tattered wings were invisible to humans and most other supernaturals.

She winged her eyeliner and brushed her dyed hair out, before slipping on her worn combat boots and running out of her small sleeping quarters. Indie ran to the first person she saw, who was practicing a dance routine,
"Where can I find Vinnie and Florence?" She stressed the importance of Vineres, as she had always had a small crush on the girl. The dancer told her to go to the town, which wasn't very helpful, but Indie didn't want to push it.

Sprinting now, she jumped into the air, and her wings popped out of the top of her shirt, but didn't rip it. She quickly made her way to town, and landed unnoticed on a roof, before retracting her wings, adjusting her shirt, and making her way to street-level. Indie wandered around for a few minutes, before spotting Vinnie's blue hair. She couldn't help but smile, but it quickly faded as she realized there was a guy hitting on Florence. She made her way into the cafe, and raised an eyebrow at the man.
"Hey Vinnie, Florence, new guy..." She didn't recognize the other boy. "Is this guy giving you any trouble?"

Vinnie's eyes finally snapped away from the boy, to see Indie walking in. It was hard to fight back a smile, knowing that would put her daggers-for-teeth on display for everyone. The other people in the deli were starting to look over, the man who had served them keeping an attentive eye.

"Hello Indie." She said, standing to pull out her chair for the girl. Indie was a favorite among the audience and honestly? Among Vineres's as well. They never quite became as close as her and Flow did but her door was always open for anything she might need.

The last thing she wanted was a scene or there was no doubt Lilly and Dragos would be in a fit for a century. Surely the lot of them wouldn't be preforming, either.

'Koa. No scenes.' She instructed, focusing in on him for a moment to make sure he heard the thought loud and clear. The man's hand was inching closer to Flows shoulder though and her fork had begun bending moments prior. Half of her knew that Koa wasn't to do a single thing. That if he did, shed had to take serious measures to make sure no one saw. Lilly and Dragos trusted her with them. The specifically had to ask for Koa to go. But the other half of her wanted the chance to throw him in the pit with a changing Koa. At this point it would be entertaining for her.

"This is the last time I'm telling you." She started, "get lost. You'll regret it. Go take your matting hair and nasty habits elsewhere."

The words seemed to be more guttoral, almost a growl.

Florence noticed her friends getting rather unsettled, and noticed the slighest of dimpling to Vinere's cheeks, suggesting her teeth were coming out, and Koa didnt exactly look like he was all that calm either.

Not wanting either of them to get into trouble, she put on a brave face and smiles to try calm the two down.

It wouldnt be particularly good if Lilly ended up shouting at them on his first day out.

"It's fine, dont worry about it." She said in a forcibly cheerful voice, finishing her salad between sentances "Im sure he's just joking or something."

The bell on the door clanged and Indie walked through, their resident acrobat and sometimes dancer.

Florence's face lit up with genuine warmth as she came over to the group, viewing her as a second older sister, though they hadnt spent quite as much time together as she had with Vinere's, which was partially due to their relationships with their mentors.

"Hullo In'in! No im fine, he's not doing any harm. How are-" She stopped and cringed as the boys hand draped over her shoulder, not only in discomfort, but also very wary of her hat getting knocked and her hair spilling out. She slumped down in her chair, but the hand followed with her.

Seeing the shop keeper coming over she was thankful of the fact he looked like he was going to intervene, but also still felt honorbound to avoid any undue attention at all, even if it was valiant. "-Um...Im gonna go and wait outside alright? I um, I want some fresh air, enjoy your meals okay?"

Getting up suprisingly nimbly, she put a calming hand on Vinere's head for a moment and then half ran out of the shop, giving a thankyou to the shopkeep as she passed him.

A few moments later, the boy followed.

Koa

That's it. First he bothers us, then he hits on Florence, and he even tips off her hat. I was shaking from the sheer force of will it was taking to not shift in front of everyone in the cafe. I smiled at the girls at the table, getting up to follow Florence and the guy "Wait here. I'm going to teach him a lesson and be right back with Florence.

I walked out of the shop and to the side where the guy had followed Florence into the alley. He was approaching her when I let out a snarl. "Back away from her." The punk turned, asking what I would do if he didn't. Smiling, I let my will to not shift drop and began shifting. In a half human half beast voice I growled out "'Let loose the dogs of war...'"

I couldn't wait any longer so I ran and tackled the guy still in between shifting. I heard the click of a pocket knife opening so I turned away from his hands and bit down on the one holding the deadly object. He cried out, with very stinky breathe I might add, letting the knife clamber across the alley street. This was going to be easy and quick.

Florence almost shrieked as Koa dived on the guy, but muffled the noise to avoid drawing any attention. While they were semi hidden in the alley, they weren completly shielded from view, if someone came specifically looking down the alley, they'd see them.

Running over to where Koa had landed, she grabbed his arm he had lifted and tugged at it, looking up at his half canine, half human features, seeing the fury in his eyes and returning his look with a combination of gratefullness and sympathy, talking in a rushed, slightly stumbling voice.

"Thankyou for saving me but please dont kill him, dont kill him. You'll get kicked out of the circus or Lilly will freeze your heart, and I only just got a brother and I dont want to loose you already. Dont hurt him, please, for me."

Koa

I allowed myself to be pulled away from the guy only because the hands on me where small and soft. A female's hands.

My vision was still clouded with hatred but I softened my features as Florence stared up at me. Then I noticed her fear and my blood ran cold. She was afraid of me. But then her eyes shifted to show sympathy. I would rather the fear.

I wanted to laugh when she began begging for the man's life. "What!? He tried to harm you! Don't you see that!" As I was yelling the guy stumbled to his feet. Once he had balance and his breathe back he started yelling as us. "You're a freak, a monster! You can have your wh*re! I don't want her!"

I turned to Florence "Got back inside and wait. I'll be there in about a minute after I 'take care' of my friend over there..." This man wasn't going to get away with called her...calling her such horrid things when he was far from good.

Vineres picked up their things, and left with a quick thank you to the store owner. Everyone had decided to figure it wasn't their business, so no one followed behind.

Vineres followed the sound of shouting, and came upon the gruesome scene.

"You three. Go. Now. Meet me ad the end of the street. And Koa.... put your teeth away." She hissed. The darkness in her voice was evident, but no malice was directed twords them. She was proud of koa for protecting them, and thankful he did. Just now there was quite the mess to clean up.

Shedding her coat, the girl began to approach the still bleeding rat. "Koa can't kill him, but I can. Now go clean up." She said, hoping that no one really had followed them.

"What the f*ck do you think you're doing?" He said, still trying to pull himself words the blade koa had previously thrown away.

"Just satisfying a little hunger." Vi groaned, picking the boy up and shoving him against the wall. It wasn't long until blue pulses could be seen trailing from his mouth, with each beat of his hard the blood rushing through his veins turned to ash. While he felt no pain, I can't imagine it would be very comfortable as he tried to scratch at her neck until his knees were too weak to stand.

Vineres stood a little taller, her skin being a little more healthy and eyes brighter. It hadn't dawned on her how the lack of actual feeling Vri and Chi had taken a toll on her. She knew they'd be angry at her. Especially Florence, and maybe Indie if she had seen any of it. The taste hung bitterly as she wasn't used to it, and the guilt hung even heavier.

Florence smiled in relief and gratitude as Koa stopped momentarily.

"I know he did, but honestly, he couldnt if he tried. You cant stab water, and he's just a silly boy. I really am grateful for you sticking up for me, but he's not worth you getting kicked out for. Im not worth you getting kicked out for."

As the boy shouted his insult she winced, not from the insult itself, but from what she knew the end result would end up being.

Just then the eldest member of their group came storming around the corner, and Florence looked up and saw the intensity on her face, a look she'd witnessed on rare occasion over their long history, but never been directed at her.

Despite Vinere's telling them to go Florence stayed, and Vinere's picked the guy up she started to move forwards to intervene again, but her steps faltered as he slammed against the wall.

The boy was dead, really, from the moment she had began her feeding.

Paling slightly, she did however stand and watch, transfixed by the horryfying but strangely beautiful spectacle of Vinere's feeding, and the boys life returning to dust.

Their was a stifling silence for a moment, and then Florencethe young Naiad spoke in a quiet voice.

"We should go back to the circus now..."

Koa

I wanted to growl when Vinere took the boy from me and drained him dry. The beast part of me really wanted to rip the guy apart. Suddenly I ripped apart from the two girls and widened my eyes. I had lost control. What if I did that around the rest of the crew?! What if I lost control during the acts?!

I shook my head and ran a hand over it only to feel smooth hair all over it. I was still half beast. Closing my eyes, I hissed in pain as my bones snapped then rearranged. The fur covering my body pulled back into my skin as I shifted with a sliding noise. Once it was finished a turned back to the girls and nodded my head apologetically. "Yeah. We should go back. Then I could shift a few times to make it easier." I didn't know if it was the best idea to do so because i could feel myself losing it after three shifts today, but I really wanted to get better at shifting so I would just be careful.

Vineres couldn't bring herself to look at them. The only thoughts going through her mind was how horrible it was of her to do such a thing, and how she's just broken a century long fast of human life.

"Listen, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She mumbled, picking her self up and sweeping the pile of ash away with her feet. Keeping her eyes trained to the ground, the blue haired girl made her way past them, and back down the track.

"You're right. Lets go." She said. They'd have to be honest with Lilly and Dragos. She'd have to tell them, they'd know anyways with on look at her. Vineres wouldn't be telling them about Koa though. No, Florence needs him, she needs a real brother in her life. Even though she hadn't needed one before, it was apparent from her words earlier that the girl had become attached. Vi looked up, taking a deep breath in before informing the others of her decision.

"We do not tell anyone Koa. Not that you lashed out. Not that you acted out at all. As far as i am concerned, you did the right thing. We tell them that I am the one who lashed out. I got rid of him. Got it?" She said, not wanting to leave any room for a denial. "I'm the one that messed up. None of you three should've seen that."

Florence wasn't scared of Vinere's, but she was shocked, dissapointed, and feeling a little sickened.

Most of all she felt sad for her.

If there was any of the lessons the circus taught that Florence had took onboard more than any other, it was that any and all life is sacred, regardless of how distasteful it is.

Despite her current negative emotion however, Vinere's looked and sounded like she was about to faint and Florence wasnt one to ever purposefully twist the knife and her sister needed her, and even though upset with her she knew ultimatly she'd done it out of love.

So despite her current negative feelings to the girl she took her hand and led her along gently giving it a reassuring squeeze, though the sound of her hair flowing had slowed to a sad trickle that was barely audible to normal ears even standing immediatly up to her.

Florence walked in silence for the rest of the journey back to the circus, and as they entered the tent Lilly, ever aware of their coming and leaving the tent, was there to greet them.

"Hello, children." She said, her usually kind voice still refined, but with a cold edge in place of its usual warmth, her eyes narrowed slightly as she looked to Vinere's.

She'd felt a life snuff out well before they had gotten back to the tents, and from the smell on her breath, the colour of her skin, and dozens of other minute adjustments to her demeanour and composure, Lilly was already 100% beyond doubt as to how it had happened.

Fixing a firm stare on Vinere's that was as of yet neutral, but regardless brooked absolutly no opposition, she spoke in a curt voice, beckoning her with a finger.

"You. In my office, now. The rest of you go see Drago. Me and Vinere's are going to have a little chat, arent we dear." Without waiting for any form of reply from any of them, she turned away and moved elegantly towards her private room, her usually delicate gliding steps thumping the floor ominously as she went.

Vineres almost didn't want to let go of Florence's hand, and instead wanted to crawl inside of herself and die. The look Lilly gave her was only a reassurance of her fears.

Vineres straightened her back and regained composure as she followed close behind Lilly. She didn't dare say a word. Hopefully the others would be following her orders as well.

As they arrived to the tent, Vineres practically expected a slap in the face. After all they'd done, this was how she repaid them? Her performance was most definitely off the table as well.

"I'm prepared for any consequence I may suffer. What you deem fit shall be." She said. Finding it harder to keep her tone than it was to look Lilly in the eyes the girl was disgraced. The taste of a life still hung bitterly on her tongue, and the feeling in her stomach made her want to vomit.

Florence kept hold of Vinere's hand for a moment, and then let it fall away, watched until she left sight with a concerned look before turning to the remainder of their group.

Clearing her voice, she tried to sound calm and reassuring.

"Alright; Koa, Indie, you heard Mother. Lets go find Father Drago and report in." As she spoke she gestured the way to his usual haunts.

------------------------------------

"Sit." Lilly said curtly, waving her hand at a chair negligently before sitting down on a chair opposite her.

"Mouth open." She commanded perfunctarily, pulling the vampires upper lip back to examine her fangs, speaking as she did in a calm, neutral, but curt and serious voice. "Well you don't appear to have gone feral. I suppose we might be able to avoid anything too drastic, then..."

The next several minutes passed in a thick silence as Lilly examined her eyes, complexion, and various other visible things, and probably some things that werent generally visible, until she sat back into her chair, apparently satisfied.

"Well, you havent caught anything or been hurt, and havent taken on any darker caste of Vampirism. Good." She paused for a long moment, fixing Vinere's with the sort of look that was near impossible to look away from even if you wanted to; a stern contenance that was at odds with her pale, delicate, almost fragile beauty.

As she spoke her voice was cold, each word measured and deliberate, but with an ominous hint of hidden danger like black ice blanketed from view by snow.

"Now, you're going to tell me what happened to justify feeding. You're going to tell me why, and under what circumstances you did it, so that I can decide what to do with you." She paused for a moment, each word hanging in the air like an icy chill "If you lie to me Vinere's; about anything, when I find out- and I will find out- the both of us are going to have some extremely serious problems when that happens. And I can promise you, that will be an experience that neither of us wants to go through. Word's cannot express how poor a decision it would be to even think about attempting to decieve me." She paused another moment to let her words sink in "So, Vinere's Mae Lune, speak to me. And be convincing."

((Lilly is fun to write.))

Last edited by a moderator:
((I seriously feel like IM the one being scolded. You're amazing at writing her!))

Vineres sat as told, and listened intently. Lilly already knew without a doubt. She was a fool to think that she could lie to her at all. Taking a deep breath in, she started. Hoping to god that their punishment wouldn't be expulsion.

"We were all eating in the shop. It was fine. Wed made small talk with the owner, and talked to a few groups of teens about the circus. Then some bloke approached us, and said some particularly.... volitile things of me and Florence. He kept trying to touch her, and even knocked off her hat. Koa and I had told him multiple times to leave. When Florence left to get some fresh air he followed. So koa did as well, and me last. It was of my fault to not have gone first. Koa... he was protecting Florence. The boy had her cornered and I was walking behind him and didn't stop him. Its my fault. He phased half way and bit the boy, disarming him and moving Florence to a safe distance. I separated them, but couldn't let the man bleed out in pain or tell anyone... I only meant to make him pass out. But he didn't have as much force in him as I expected. I pulled like I was pulling an animal... but he was much easier to manipulate. He ashed. And we left to find you." She said, not wanting to lie after her warning.

" I had at first informed the others to not tell anyone of Koa's actions. I want to be the one taking the fall. We figured out the koa is very very protective and sensitive when he changes after not doing so for a while. And having him go mammilian had his behaviours out of whack. We were going to lock him up tonight and have him change more, he said it would help. That he just needs to adapt to it again." She finished.

Vi knew there would be hell to pay. Shed lost all of their trust without a doubt. Even telling the truth couldn't erase what she had done. She was trusted, and failed.

"I crossed you. I am prepared for any punishment that follows suit."

((Haha, why thankyou Ayeaye :) ))

Through the entirity of Vinere's story, Lilly sat unblinking, not the slightest sign of what was running through her mind as she listened.

After her last word, she leaned back slightly, ruminating for an achingly long moment, though in reality it was no more than half a minute, her voice more matter of fact than agressive.

"Im dissapointed in your lack of restraint, Vinere's. You've spent so long feeding off of plants, and now you've gone and ruined all that work. You'll have cravings and hunger like you're a newborn again. You've let yourself down. Not to mention the fact that you've just taken a life." She paused for a moment, and her voice took on a slightly less dissaproving tone. "That said, Im proud of you for protecting the children and taking the situation upon yourself rather than letting Koa run loose."

"I'd have felt the urge to freeze the little wastrel's blood myself. I'd have had the restraint to supress the urge-" She gave Vinere's another stern look as she said it "But I'd have felt it nontheless. You're going to have to be kept under supervision till you manage to work past being reintroduced to a taste you havent felt for half a century, and if you seem to even so much as take a step of script im going to have to take you off stage."

She closed her eyes for a moment and the scowl fell off her face, though her tone remained firm.

"Honestly there isn't very much point in actively punishing you; You're going to have to go through months of hunger, and I doubt anything could punish you more than yourself, or than the fact you've just set a very bad example and more than likely damaged your relationship with a young girl who practicly idolises you. That said, it could have been worse, and I understand your motives, even if you could have acted better." With a sigh the ice melted from her eyes, and her usual warmth filled her rich voice as she held out her arms "Now, come and give me a hug and say you're sorry, and I'll forgive you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Vineres practically leapt out of the chair, words falling out if her mouth. Apologies streamed into fluent frenc,h until the girl composed herself. She was right, she probably had destroyed her and Florence's relationship. And she definitely could've handled it better, among a challenge of other things. To still be allowed to preform and stay with her family was more than anything she could ask for. Vineres let go after a moment, wiping her face and regaining her composure.

"Thank you. I'm not stepping a toe out of line." She said, wiping off a few specks of ash from her dresses fringe.

Before she left, Vineres stopped for a moment, her eyes on the flor in front of Lilly's feet.

"Are the others to know?" She asked.

~~~~~

Dragos' door was open, so the shuffling of grass and buzz of the animals had alerted him of the trio approaching.

"Children, children! Come in." He ushered, standing from his desk as they were barraged by flowers and vines. With a little bit if swatting, he moved them away and his rabbit eagerly awaited her visit from Florence. Birds emptied out from the open door, and even though it was a tad bit cluttered it still was welcoming.

Dragos poured tea out for the three, setting it in the wood section. Just before he was about to enable on tomorrows plans, their feelings hit him like a storm.

Raising am eye brow, the old man was worried.

"Children, what has happened? And where is your sister?" He asked curiously, scratching his still braided beard. His tone was smooth, but still covered with the worry and suspision. It was not like Flow or Indie to be so quiet. And from what he'd seen of Koa, unlike him to be following and not leading.

Koa

The small animals that occupied the room seemed to love the two girls while they scurried away from me. I'm guessing that the little creatures sensed my predator side. Self preservation was a strong SOB. I didn't know why the creatures would behave differently now as when I had been around Mr. Drago earlier in the day.

Then it dawned on me. I had shifted several times today, causing my predator side to be stronger now.

When the older man asked his questions I was the first to speak up. "Sir. We ran into a... problem. A human one, sir. I was going to...fix...this problem but Vineres stepped in and solved it." I kept my story as simple as I could so I didn't give away any information that would harm Vineres.

I gently picked up the cup of tea placed before me and took a sip. The tea was sweat and hot without being overbearing and scalding. The old man must have made lots of cup to get it just right. I tasted a small amount of bitterness that faintly registered as medicine. Maybe the old man can read people very well.

Lilly hugged the young girl gently through her outburst of emotion, listening to her fluent but currently flustered mother tongue, the pleasant French annunciation reminding herself of a time long passed.

Once she calmed down Lilly nuzzled her forehead affectionatly in a motherly manner, and then let her disentangle herself.

She discretely smoothed out the creases in her dress that the hug had caused, and stood up as she spoke, her poise gentle and almost gliding, back to her normal composure once again.

"Other than letting Drago know were going to have to keep an eye on you for your hunger for a few days, I don't see why this cant just be between us. Assuming we don't have any further trouble, that is. And make sure you sort out your face, darling. Some people have a complexion that lets them get away with crying without sorting themselves out afterwards, but im afraid you arent one of them." She put a light hand onto the vampires shoulder reassuringly, her skin near impossibly soft. "Now, come along dear, and we'll tell everyone not to worry. The children are probably terrified that mean old Mothers eaten you, and Drago, the old softie, is probably terrified."

------------------

As the reduced group entered the room Florence half curled up in her chair. Rather than running over and gleefully picking up the rabbit as she usually would, the rabbit had to come to her, and she stroked it almost unthinkingly, none of her usual vigor or enthusiasm there, oblivious as well to the birds that came to sing to her.

A tight knot was balled in her stomach, and instead of her hair merrily dancing as it joyously cascaded down her shoulders, it was slowed to almost a trickle as it reflected her depressed state.

Her voice was almost flat as she spoke, carrying none of the joy and unbridled love that usually came whenever she opened her mouth.

"Mmm. Vinere's is just talking to Lilly." In an extremely rare occasion she used her sisters real name rather than one of her affections.

She tried to keep her description from giving any sign Vinere's might be in trouble to stop her from getting into any further trouble with Drago, but despite any other negative feelings she was currently harboring, she was terrified of loosing her sister if she had to leave; or for who knew what else might happen to her, and she had to restrain herself from bawling everything that had happened to Drago in the desire for any form of reassurance about the situation.

Her conflicting emotions raced around inside her, and while it was rare enough she harbored negative thoughts to anyone and that that in and of itself was confusing to her, it was completly and utterly unnatural for her to have them towards Vinere's who she had only ever had unbridled love for, and she felt like a fundamental part of her world had just been ripped away from her.

Even worse was the fact that her first solution to such a problem was always a reassuring cuddle and a talk from Vinere's, so now she had no idea where to go to begin to make sense of things and work them through.

She tried her best to push the thoughts away and looked back up to Drago, realising she'd trailed off in to silence as she got lost in her thoughts.

"Koa protected me and saved me though Father. And even though he's having trouble with his shifting after so long without doing it and he's having a rough time, he managed to restrain himself when I asked him and everyone should be very proud of him." She gave a small but genuine smile up at Koa, before slightly bitterly adding "Its good some people can still manage to restrain themselves when they need to..."

Vineres nodded, and looked to the mirror that hung to the left of the door. Using her hands she wiped off any smeared makeup, and fixed her hair. There wasn't much she could do to hide the swollen eyes though. A huge weight fell from her shoulders and the girl walked high again, but when a worker asked "where's your sister?" It was as if a car had been dropped on her. Pushing the comment off she started records Dragos, expecting to meet mother lilly there.

Vi was terrified of losing Flow. She loved the girl and hoped that any rift wouldn't be for forever. Other than their adoptive parents, Florence really was the only person she had completely opened up to and was the first to be open to.

Before she knew it, all of her worrying had brought her to Drago's front step. The door opened, and foliage flowed from her path to a spot on a chair by the group.

"Thank you..." she muttered, taking her seat quietly. She couldnt bring herself to look Florence in the eyes, so to the ground she looked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dragos nodded, and drew in a breathe. Quickly an understanding of the previous events came to mind. The way Florence was acting to the mention of Vineres, and her closing comment only confirmed suspicions. Much like Lilly, Dragos animals could feel the life being snuffed like a candle in bloody hands.

"Come here child, I understand" he said, holding his arms out open. Smoothing the girls hair, Vicktor the rabbit quickly curled in her lap.

"I understand, but you mustn't blame yourself for this. I'm very proud of you, and Koa, thank you for protecting her." Hr said.

"Sometimes things happen, and people don't act like we think they would, or should. But they do sometimes, and all for their own reasons. Knowing your sister, she probably had good ones. It doesn't mean her actions were right, but things happen. And let's be honest, the girl doesn't know her own strengths. But love, neither do you, or koa, or any of the others here, even I over estimate things sometimes. Like remember that summer where all we wanted was a little patch of daisies, but were greeted with the entire ground covered in Morning Glories?" He said, hoping to rise a laugh out of the kindling. Florence was special, and had to be talked to differently. Admittedly Lilly was much better at it but he still tried.

"Hear your sister out. Let her explain her actions. Then we will discuss you and Koas feelings, and what to do further more..."

Trailing off, he had felt her waiting outside. Not so much Vineres herself, but the burden she carried. Quickly he ushered her in as well, and opened up a clean seat for her, and waited for Lilly if she was coming to clear another.

"Hello dear." He said, his tone not as happy as it was with Flow, but more concerned and dissapointed "I will not be badgering you as I see Lilly has already... but I do believe they all deserve an explanation."

Florence got up and stepped over to Drago's almost before he'd finished beckoning, happy for some solice and reassurance to at least dull the matter, even though it couldnt get rid of it.

Despite the fact Florence's hair was not only clearly water, but also flowing; to Drago or anyone elses touch it was much as your would expect the sensation of touching normal hair to be, though it gave a feeling as a whole, not being able to feel any loose strands or individual hairs, and pulsed softly.

Like many of the more magical creatures in the world, Florence's hair seemed to disobey several basic laws, and if you put the individual peices together they simply didnt add up together, but somehow nevertheless worked as a whole.

She cuddled up against him and blinked her sore feeling eyes.

Doing her best to listen to him, she couldnt help flashes of the boys life draining and crumbling to dust from her eyes, or the look of satisfaction that had passed however breifly over Vinere's face as she fed.

Whereas usually Drago's story would have caused peals of merry laughter and giggling joy to ring in the air, instead they just gained a soft smile, and she thought over what he'd said.

"I know poppa. But you just made more life. I know why she did it. I think I understand, but she...but she killed him. And now a mother and a father dont know where there son is, and-" Between words Flow buried her head into his beard as her numbness wore off, and whilst Naiad's didnt cry, her entire face started to run and wobble, loosing its consitency, patches of clear water mottling her tanned skin as her voice cracked and she stopped holding herself in, her hair spraying out like a geyser erupting. "-and now he's gone forever and Vinere's might be a monster now because sometimes vampires go mad when they feed and he's dead and, and, and Its all my fault its all my fault its all my fault."

She buried her head further against him sobbing as Vinere's entered the room, not even realising someone had entered until Drago spoke, and even then she only half registered his words, unaware how much, if any, of her outburst Vinere's had caught.

-----

Lilly patted Vinere's back encoragingly, and then followed into the room.

Ever composed and calm she took a seat near Drago, and wordlessly took the Naiad from his arms, wanting to let the conversation between Drago and the girl be uninteruppted.

As the girl immediatly cinged to her, Lilly spoke in a soft voice, her words freezing in the air so they barely carried to anyone but the girl.

"I know you're upset my love. But it's important you hear this, and you listen carefully. Can you do that for me?"

Florence sniffed and nodded her head slightly, her face still patchy but her sound subsiding, her sense of duty and responsibility overriding her upset temporarily.

Koa

I glanced around at the group of fellow supernatural s as they struggled with coming to terms of Vinere's killing of the boy. They were all so heart broken over the thought of their loved one doing such a thing and possibly turning to the evil side of her kind.

"I should have stopped her. Hell my beast side really wanted to because she took his prey. I couldn't though. I didn't want to let the beast win and in danger the girls."

I looked up from the floor and towards the vampire when she walked in. "If you had let me just kill him then your family would be fine. I would have just walked away or stayed back until I was called back to protect my new family." I dropped my head in shame, "I've killed before and took no guilt in the act. After all I am a beast."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back