• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Digimon: The New Heroes [Reboot]

Nico

Care Bears... prepare to stare!

In this world, Tai and the gang are basically nothing but a cartoon and game series. Little do a select few children know, is that it is no fantasy world. The Digital World is a very real place. A real place they have been chosen to save. For an evil set of digimon calling themselves the Seven Demon Lords are working over time to take over the Digital World and soon the Human World. That's where the 9 children come into play, when their 'toy' digivices turn into real ones and they are sucked into a portal, it's time to save the world. What challenges will they face?

Link to Digimon Wiki's Seven Great Demon Lord Page

Rules

1. Follow all RPN rules

2. Be literate; minimum a paragraph per post.

3. Keep it PG-13, I wouldn't expect any sexy times in this since they are kids.

4. No metagaming, powerplaying, Mary Sues or Gary Stus.
If you have read all the rules type digitize

5. Don't join and no post, posting is the key to keep this alive. If you can't post let me know so I know you didn't ditch.

6. Don't ignore people or overlook them

7. Respect the mods and each other. Disrespect will have you booted from the RP

Mods of this RP

@Nico

@Airagog

Shiloh woke up to something soft poking at his face. His blue eyes fluttered open and came face to face with green orbs. "Huh?" he said as he looked at the bunny like creature. "Lopmon, he's up!" Terriermon exclaimed and danced around. Lopmon smiled shyly and came forward and pulled Terriermon off Shiloh so he could sit up. Shiloh sat up and smiled widely "Terriermon! Lopmon!" he giggled and hugged his two digimon "I knew you were real!" he said and hugged on them. He looked up at saw that the other campers were around him as well not yet awake.

Leandra woke up to solitude. Trees surrounded her, and there was no one else from the camp visible. Where is everybody? Where am I? Her thoughts grew more and more panicked as time passed, and her breathing rapidly to reflect her mental panic.

"H-Hello?" She asked nobody. The woods were almost silent, the wind being the only sound Leandra could hear. "Guys? Shiloh? T-This isn't funny!" Her breathing increased, getting almost out of control.

Then she saw the flash.

It was mostly yellow, and only visible in the corner of her eye, but Leandra knew it was there. Her breathing grew so fast that she couldn't speak, she was shaking, wanting to scream, to do anything, but she was shutting down, falling into despair.

Leandra realized what it was when it punched her directly in the chest, knocking what little she had out of her. Renamon was exactly how she looked in the Digivice, though Leandra was a little too preoccupied with recovering from Renamon's attack. "Stop..." She barely managed, too distracted from the pain.

Before she attacked again, Renamon looked at the human, confused. Was this weakling truly to be her partner? Someone so pathetic, barely worth even considering as prey, yet Renamon felt a strange... Attachment to her.

Renamon stood still, staring at the girl for several seconds before hearing other voices. They were high pitched, young. Maybe they knew this girl.

Without a word, Renamon grabbed the girl and rushed to these other voices, doubting that she wouldn't be able to handle them if they were a threat.

Leandra tried to fight back, but Renamon didn't flinch. She had to give up, and hoped for the best.

That was all she could do.

Nathaniel slipped into consciousness, what started out as a dull tingling sensation suddenly spreading into a searing pain across his cheek. Abruptly, a cry slipped through his mouth and his eyes flung over, the boy rolling to his side and holding his face where it still stung.

"Oh? Finally awake, are ya'?"

The boy remained still, curled in a fetal position. The pads of his finger grazed over the particular area of his face, hissing in pain as he did so. Though there seemed to be no structural damage to his face, it was apparent where he had been most badly afflicted, as bits of the typically smooth flesh was dried and flaking a little.

"Hey! I'm talkin' to ya'!"

Yes, and I'm ignoring you. Nathaniel kept his eyes trained forward, his pensive stare making the boy appear deceptively calm. Oh, but he was furious. This stranger, whomever it may be, had to be responsible for whatever had caused this, so why should he dignify him with a response? Sounds like some Hollywood imitation of a mob member. More importantly was this unfamiliar territory that his dark eyes were fixed on. What is with this vegetation? These woods are thick, and nothing looks familiar, so a rainforest? South America? It isn't that humid. He blinked. I've been taken hostage by an alien country to their mother planet. Hostile. Too bad for them Earth won't come looking for me.

"Hey, pal, I know you're awake!" Intense irritation was beginning to settle in the stranger's tone. A sound akin to a liquid being brought to a boil filled the momentary silence between them. "Fine, try to ignore me, won't ya'? Poison bubbles!"

Poison bubbles? The answer finally came to him through his otherwise muddled thoughts, suddenly recalling the latest events of camp and his seemingly lost powers of levitation. Ah, this must be- Before he could finish putting this new conclusion into coherent words, something popped against the back of his neck and brought causation to a burning sensation. Nathaniel managed an indignant noise through the pain, rolling forward closer to his torso and clasping his palms around the base of his neck for protection.

There was a brief pause in the assault, which was invitation enough Nathaniel to face his aggressor. He dug his shoulder into the soil beneath him so as to effectively flip over onto his other side, his visage appearing cross. "Stop that!" he finally snapped.

Looking at him now, hands still behind his head, he was at eye level with the pile of yellow slime. There was a faint glint behind the large, red, alien eyes that were staring back at him derisively. "Stop that? How 'bout y'stop ignoring me, y'eyesore!"

Nathaniel peered at the creature before him with a long grimace drawn out over his face, his thumb rubbing over his knuckles, which were now peeling just as his cheek was. This was the digimon he had been carrying around with him? "You're a blob."

Zurumon's body bubbled faintly in his vexation. "That's your fault! When was the last time y'fed me, huh?"

The anger left his expression, the gears in his head beginning to whir, contemplating the implications of a digimon sitting here right before him. Albeit a loud one. "What do you mean?" he asked, so as to preoccupy Zurumon as he sorted out his thoughts and ideas.

"I need food, y'know! What do ya' think is gonna' happen if I don't get my sustenance?" The outline of the slime flapped up before falling back down, as though to vaguely indicate it's body. "I turn into this! This is your fault!"

Nathaniel removed his hands from his neck and placed his palms on the earth below, pushing himself up to a seated position. "Sorry," he responded, tone neutral and gaze impassive. He tilted his head, studying the yawning mouth of a blob carefully.

"Yeah, y'better be, or I woulda' made you sorry!" Zurumon finally turned his body away to the side, in what was possibly the most sassy gesture something of his stature could manage.

Nathaniel rubbed the flakes of skin off his knuckles with the heel of his palm, the dead flesh drifting to the ground. If we're in the Digiworld and I have a digimon, then I must start immediately... no, wait, what of the others? What if they were here as well? He tilted his head at the androgynous figure before him. We're at a disadvantage. Nathaniel was silent for a moment, rubbing the new smooth, pink flesh of his fingers as he finalized his thoughts. Finally, he rose to his feet, which made Zurumon turn back to him. Nathaniel crouched then before the creature, his hands cupping together. "Come on, there might be others here."

The line that was Zurumon's mouth turned to a frown, eying the hands put together that were as large as him, before his body slunk forward into the boy's palms. "Now don't think I'm gonna' always let you ferry me around, a'ight?" he babbled, clearly flustered.

Nathaniel gave a small nod before standing again and delving into the forest.

Last edited by a moderator:
A blank dream was the best way to describe it. It was almost as if Alexander was suspended in animation, simply looking around the darkness which he could probably assume was his mind. His face showed indifference nonetheless, but yet somehow, things felt different. This wasn’t like his normal naps, but he didn’t know how to exactly explain it, mainly because there was nobody to explain it to; nobody but himself, anyways. That still didn’t stop him from trying to figure out why nothing felt right. It was then that something started to glow in this darkness, a small light; square in shape. As it made its way closer to him, he did nothing but stare at the approaching object, the resolution getting sharper and sharper, almost as if it was an image that was taking forever to fully resolve on a computer screen. Before long, a small, odd, machine blue in color with white buttons appeared before Alexander. Wondering what it was, he grabbed the object and was then blinded by a flash from somewhere in the blank black darkness of his mind.

It was then that he awoke on the grassy ground, being stared down by a small green dragon. Its lavender hued eyes staring right into Alexander’s, almost as if it was assessing what to do next. He didn’t bother to react, thinking it to be nothing more than another dream, or something of a sort; kind of like inception in a sense, but he was sorely mistaken. His music player was nowhere on him, probably meaning that either someone, or something took it. It was then that when he looked at the whole picture, he saw his music player wrapped around the dragon’s antlers, and that same small electronic that Alexander saw in his ‘dream’ but differently colored, hanging off of his ear buds. It had a light blue border with darker blue buttons. It was after his eyes made contact with the Digivice, that the small floating creature spoke. “Well, since you’re obviously not that much of a talker, allow me to ‘break the ice’.” The dragon said, blinking and then lifting himself back up, allowing Alexander space to get up as well. “My name is Babydmon, a Baby Dragon Digimon, and incidentally, you’re partner Digimon.” Babydmon, added with a slight smile, almost happy to meet his partner. “Don’t worry about introducing yourself though, I know your name Alex, I also know that this strange device is probably one of your most treasured possessions…” the small dragon mentioned, lifting his head slightly, bringing attention to the music player. It was then that the Digivice fell from the earbud wrapping and onto Alexander’s lap.

Still, his face was indifferent. He simply nodded, grabbed the Digivice, and smirked his smirkish smirk. “Cool…” He muttered, standing up and ‘dusting’ himself of the dirt and grass that was on him. He then ushered for his music player, which with a little reluctance, the small dragon Digimon returned to his partner’s hand. “So… What now?” he asked, placing his hands around his pocket along with his Digivice and looking around at the scenery. “Where the hell am I exactly?” he asked again, trying to figure out where he was exactly. “You’re in the Digital world, a realm where my kind exists in a little less than what you’d say is ‘peace’.” Babydmon said, using that specific word loosely. “If I am correct, you did come with others… Correct?” the Digimon asked. Alexander raised his eyebrow in response, slightly confused but then tilted his head, trying to remember.

“Not to worry, the Digital World is vast, but the other Digidestined’s partner Digimon shouldn’t be too far off.” Babydmon assured, moving his head to the left, signaling Alexander to follow him to possibly help find the other Digidestined. Without any hesitation, Alexander followed the small Digimon, removing one of his hands from his pockets, the one holding his music player, and quickly put one of the ear buds back into his ear. With quickness, he set the music player to the song he wanted and threw the music player back into his pocket. He thought he should at least enjoy this little game of ‘hide and seek’.

Rezso slowly woke to the feeling of something heavy on his chest. His eyes still closed, he pushed what he thought was his cat off of his chest. "Kane get off of my, You know I don't like it when you do that.” He heard a soft chuckle and opened a single eye to see bright orange fur. R.J jumped back and screamed loudly, causing the other creature to scream as well.

He scrambled towards the closest tree, using it as a crutch to help himself up. He looked back down at little ball of fur curled up, tears streaming down its eyes and laughing. R.J took a closer look to find out that the ball of fur resembled Elecmon from his toy. “Elecmon?” He patted his pocket to feel the familiar outline of the digivice he usually held. Elecmon stopped laughing and gave Rezso a lopsided grin.

“Yep. Don’t forget about Mr. Grumpy over there.” The beast digimon pointed over at the blue wolf digimon leaning against a tree. R.J walked over to digimon, his smile growing bigger with each step. “Goamon? And Elecmon? I…. I can’t believe it.”

Once he finally dragged himself back into the waking world, Grigori was greeted by an undoubtedly odd sight. Some jellyfish Muppet abomination was searching through his pockets with long, scarecrow-like hands and pulling out all of his tomatoes. The thing tossed one into its own mouth, filled with tiny teeth, and ate it, smacking its lips loudly as it devoured the fruit. The strange creature paused for a moment, then resumed eating the remaining tomatoes with gusto. "Hey, give those ba-" Grigori's words were interrupted by the thing unleashing an ungodly scream that left the boy curling up on the ground in pain.

Once the creature had finished its painful wailing, it ate the rest of the tomatoes in a single bite and grabbed onto Grigori, dragging him by his leg as it broke into a run toward the sound of other peoples' voices. "Kehehehe...."

(shit sorry I'll post soon) 
Zet looked at the others around him, slowly waking and adjusting to the outside world as he looked back at Dorumon, "Bout that time, eh chap?"

Dorumon nodded and took a sip of tea, "Righto."

Zet took a sip of tea as well. To anyone else this would appear completely out of the ordinary. A few kids crash land into the digital world and most of them have normal reactions. That is to say, dizziness, confusion, overall uncertainty. However, this is along the assumption that Zet is completely normal. However, thankfully for both reader and author, Zet is far from normal. As such he contrasted heavily from the scene around him. Rather than sprawled out on the ground or in a tree like his comrades, Zet had instead woken up and found himself at a picnic table. At said picnic table was a rather lovely spread with scones and tea. Why there were scones and tea in the digital world was left unanswered because it didn't matter. They might have been Japanese, but this was no longer Japan, or Earth for that matter. To those who would say that this only adds more questions would be correct, however completely beside the point. It didn't matter why or how there was tea and scones, what mattered, indeed, was the fact that there was now a rather odd boy sitting with an odd creature known as a digimon. As for which was more strange, that is entirely left to the reader and is a matter of opinion which is also entirely irrelevant. What was relevant was that Zet woke up and rather than questioning things, decided to just roll with it. One might ask if Zet had any common sense. The answer would be of course not. Zet was entirely irrational which is why he completely accepted his situation as it came without any questions or objections. Instead, he enjoyed the rather good cup of tea which Dorumon made.

What Zet could gather is that he was to be Dorumon's partner. What this entailed was entirely unknown, but Zet figured it might be fun so why not just go along with it. The others had various digimon, all of which Zet knew because he enjoyed the series and was often considered anti-social simply for the fact that he preferred to listen to music than to hear people talk. Which, would make Zet seem less anti-social if he made it clear he could read lips and instead make him seem like more of a dick. Which, apparently, is much more acceptable than not paying attention to people at all. In fact, many groups have that one member who is a total prick to everyone, to which their friends say he's nice once you get to know him. This of course, being a nice way to say, "He's a prick and we acknowledge him as a prick, however he is indeed our prick and eventually you do get used to him. He also happens to be the only one who can drive and we rather enjoy going places." Zet looked at the other digimon, and like most digimon fans casual or avid, he spotted Renamon and was overwhelmed with the urge to pet her. He controlled this urge for now however as he would rather be anti-social than the one weirdo. Instead, Zet took a sip of his tea and nodded to Dorumon.

"Good show, eh old sport?" to which Dorumon replied, "Indeed, good show."

If this scene were to be any more fancy and British it would require Queen Elizabeth, at least three monocles, four top hats, and seventeen gentlemen's canes as well as a decorative tea spoon that no one really uses and isn't effective, it's simply there because it's fancy.

Slowly, the two started off on their ‘journey’, trying to find the others that Alexander had come with. No matter how much he saw, no matter how indifferent he looked however, he still couldn’t believe it. He was in a world which he had only seen on a kids show as a kid himself. He wondered just how long the Digimon had waited for their partners and what the problem was exactly that would cause him to be dragged to such a place. The Digivice wasn’t really his to begin with. It was just a small electronic he found in the Lost and Found box back at school that he decided to take for the sake of his boredom. He didn’t exactly know what the whole point of playing with the Digivice was, but all he knew was that it brought back a type of nostalgia from his childhood. He just didn’t know exactly how much of that nostalgia it’d bring back.

He himself never would’ve guessed that the Digimon he had on his newly ‘found’ Digivice would be the same little monster he’d meet in the future in the same place just like on the show. In all truth, Alexander wasn’t all about the show, but more into the games of Digimon. He could just never find the Babydmon he had on his small Digivice, much to his disappointment.

Nonetheless, the two kept walking; listening to the world around them, or at least Alexander tried to listen as best he could. Babydmon was insistent when it came to Alexander hurrying up. He didn’t know exactly what was in the forest, and he didn’t plan on finding out just yet. All they could do is search and call out to find if there was anybody else there. They ran the risk of being found by any larger Digimon, but it was a price that Alexander didn’t mind paying if it meant not having travel ‘alone’ in a world he had no knowledge of.

Zet took a sip of tea, spotting a lone man who looked his age. He was with a babydmon, Zet found this curious. It was an in-training, even weaker than a rookie. He waved to him, yelling out, "Yoo hoo, big meet and greet event. " He said turning to Dorumon, "This is a meet and greet now by the way" Dorumon took a sip of tea, "Righto chap."

"Come on Shiloh! Get upp and lets go find the others~!" The over excited Terriermon exclaimed. He hopped around the boy's legs as Lopmon took up residence on Shiloh's shoulder. Shiloh walked through the forest, it was all new to the boy who lived in a concrete jungle most of his life. He heard voices up ahead and he wondered if one of them was his Onee-san. He came to an area where a boy and another digimon were sitting and having food. He found that quite strange. "Shiloh." Came the soft voice of Lopmon "We should stay here and see if more of the others appear." She said and glided down to perch on the picnic table. She bowed "Greetings and salutations. I am Lopmon." She said in a kind tone. Shiloh came forward and sat down "Mom and big sister told me never to talk to strangers. Unless they are your friends, are you our friends?" he asked and picked up Terriermon and looked at Zet.

Elecmon bound around the small clearing, agitating the already annoyed Gaomon. "Come on the others could be waiting for us and we don't want to be last now do we?" Rezso chuckled lightly at the energetic digimon. He glanced over at the fuming Gaomon, trying to pinpoint what was causing him to be like this. "Hey Goamon everything alright?" He rested a hand on his emotional partners shoulder. "If there's anything wrong just tell me." Gaomon brushed his hand aside, giving him a weak smile. "I'm fine, just a little tired."

Rezso nodded his head, understanding fully. "Alright so lets go find where the others are at if they too have digimon. It'd be cool knowing I'm the only one who has real life digimon."

Leandra smiled weakly as she saw her brother; he was okay, that was all that really mattered. Renamon must have been meaning well, going out of her way to reunite Leandra to Shiloh. She calmed down slightly at that, and even smiled. Renamon was her friend.

Renamon realized her mistake the moment she made it to the clearing. The voices she had heard were of humans and Digimon, the very same humans she had saved her human from in the first place. The girl's expression showed familiarity, so Renamon became less tense. She would do what she could to make her human calm down.

For now, at least.

The thick vegetation that had previously enclosed around them slowly thinned out. Occasionally, Nathaniel would hear a murmur of voices brushing past his ears, but the forest absorbed these to such a degree that they became muddled and unidentifiable by the time they reached him. This was somewhat frustrating, as it was difficult to pinpoint the exact location of the voices, and he soon began to suspect that they were simply not speaking his native tongue. That would explain why I can't find them. Still, he walked on with confidence, aware that if there was any other life to be found on this planet, he must be heading in the right direction.

The boy stepped carefully over a root that hitched up from the ground abruptly, leaving a hole beneath it large enough for his foot to stick in if he wasn't careful. His worn sneakers sank in to the moist, enriched soil with every step. But that's backwards. All these plants should be sucking the nutrients from the dirt dry. I might as well be treading through fertilizer right now. Nathaniel ducked and twisted his body, holding Zurumon close to his chest as he wriggled between two trees leaning against each other, one of which was splintered along the length of the trunk as though forcefully knocked down.

The close proximity made the digimon bubble nervously, and he backed up closer to his tamer. "Hey, pal! I get it, you're pretty, but this is the second time you've tried some sort of acrobatic stunt like this." He was raised back into the air as Nathaniel poked his head out and stood up straight. "I ain't exactly a solid, y'know! You could just walk around them."

Nathaniel ignored the slime, knowing it would be futile to explain it to him. If I stray from my path even a little just to dodge obstacles, I'll end up turning around without even knowing it. I need to minimize all deviations, because I'm going the right way. Now, about these plants... The boy continued to ponder the implications of the fertilizer beneath his feet, beginning to suspect the trees as carnivorous and he the autotroph subconsciously performing photosynthesis. Could a new planet really be able to able to change the way I produce food on my own? Then again, I came here by questionable methods, meaning something may have gotten mixed-

His new theory was suddenly cut off by a stinging in his palm, Zurumon having turned around fully to glare at him. Nathaniel made a pained "Ah" before the burning sensation ceased, though the pain was still there. He can control the acidity of his body, the boy concluded from this. "Yes?" he inquired, irritation creeping into his voice as he had to restrain himself from tossing the pile of slime away.

"Hey, you can't just ignore me all the time! I ain't havin' none of that!" Both of their mouths stretched into a thin line, intensely frustrated at each other.

However, before Nathaniel had to come up with some sort of excuse, the vegetation receded to present a clearing with... The boy's shoulders sagged in disappointment. "Oh, it's you guys," he said with the same enthusiasm as an elder man being confronted by his colonoscopist. Zet, Alexander, Leandra... No aliens. As if to add insult to injury, a lot of them were flanked by two digimon, none of which were the same sort of pile of mush that he was chauffeuring around. Even Shiloh's rabbits looked more potent. He ground his teeth in irritation. Nathaniel stood outside the forest, pressing his face into his shoulder to push his glasses up. He then ignored the picnic table set up and lowered himself to a crouching position, putting the back of his palms against the loamy earth for Zurumon to slip off. The boy for a moment made to look like he was going to stand up and walk over to them, but instead, he lowered himself even further, planting his face right into the soil as he stretched his body across the ground, not caring about the dirt that was fogging the glasses he had just fixed. Well, it sure does smell like fertilizer down here.

Zurumon was staring at him incredulously, as though embarrassed by this new development. "Boy, you are one piece of work."

Zet and Dorumon looked at each other,

"It would seem" said Zet.

"The two are having a disagreement?" Dorumon finished.

"Indeed that's what I was thinking, but,"

"The real question is what is this disagreement over." Dorumon finished again.

"It would also appear,"

"That most everyone is here."

"Indeed and everyone is getting along."

"Except for those two," Said Dorumon.

"Except for those two. They seem rather irritated at each other."

"As opposed to us you mean, able to finish,"

"Each other's thoughts, yes." Zet nodded.

it was at this moment Zet noticed Renamon, he had a difficult time controlling the urge to hug and or pet her. This quickly was amplified whenever he saw Renamon was uneasy with the people around them. Zet motioned to Renamon and Leandra, "Come take a seat. All of you." He said motioning to everyone, "Let's get acquainted."

Falling.

Ethan opened his eyes and felt the gravity pulling him down. There was no slowing down, nothing to break his fall. The bright lights above him had faded and allowed whatever hold the beam had on him to fade. Ethan had closed his eyes and hoped for the best. 'This is not the end,' he thought to himself, 'I'll get out of this crud. I REFUSE TO DIE--'

A flutter of white wings stopped him short of his thoughts. A pair of arms had gripped him, stopping his descent and keeping him level in mid-air. "What the...." Ethan looked up and saw the last thing he'd ever believe to see: Angemon. Angemon was carrying him through the air.

"Holy crap! I mean, not holy...but...crap!" the boy was estatic, for the only places he'd seen a digimon was on the television and the novelty digivice he'd gotten as a kid. While squealing with joy, he saw the flash of blue falling straight down through the air. An orange flower was pinned on the inside of her jacket. There was no doubt about who it was.

"KIRA!!!" Ethan yelled as he watched his sister go down faster and faster. Without saying a single word, the Angemon changed direction of flight and headed toward the helpless girl. Ethan gripped the digimon's arms harder as the drew closer and closer and--

SLAM! They caught her, but Angemon's wing hit a tree in the process. The three began tumbling down into foliage. Angemon lost grip on Ethan and everything went black as he hit the ground. With blurry vision, he saw Kira lying on the ground next to a ball of yellow and black. Beside his face lay his digivice, the screen cracked right down the center. Ethan could hear a group of people in the distance.

"Help!" he called out with a scratchy voice, crawling forward so someone--anyone--could hear him.

Alexander continued to walk, not hearing the obvious noise coming from the others; he attempted to keep on his path. He would’ve succeeded, had Babydmon not showed an impressive amount of strength in dragging him over to the others. The face displayed on the Digidestined’s face was one of slight agitation, which returned back to its nonchalant attitude. “C’mon, let’s go.” Babydmon said with a mouth full of clothing, dragging his partner. In his mind, Alexander kind of wished he could just keep on walking. He was intrigued by the idea of traveling around the Digital World with his partner Digimon. Without much success and even more mystery, Babydmon had the significant strength. Even then however, Babydmon and Alexander grew tenser with the continuing additions of partners and their Digimon. All of which were rookie level. “Great… Where’s the champion level enemy?” Babydmon said with slight sarcasm, which earned a snicker from Alexander. The two were made for each other. They just needed to give the relationship time to fully blossom into a true friendship. “Don’t worry my friend, with time, you shall gain power. If they strike you down, you will grow more powerful than they could possibly imagine.” Alexander quoted, returning back to his standing position.

He patted his small dragon Digimon and went ahead to join the group. Socially awkward, Alexander said nothing. He just sat down on the table, followed by Babydmon who simply hovered beside Alexander; inspecting the others. Trying to get a general feeling for how each of them acted and reacted, how they spoke, what they looked like, what Digimon they were accompanied by. Just a bunch of data which Babydmon thought would be useful if the time ever came to actually use it.

The boy scowled down at the manure of the earth. He could vaguely hear an exchange of words from beyond where the picnic tables were, one voice instantly filling in once the other dropped out, then back again. Whatever psychedelic trip they were on to have them finish each others thoughts was irritating him more than it probably should have been. They're interrupting my soil analysis with their obnoxious, social antics, he grumbled internally.

Nathaniel's fingers drummed the ground below, his arms rolled forward before him in such a way, seemingly contented to lay there with his face planted in the earth, consequently rubbing dirt all over his face. Maybe if I lay here long enough, they'll think I'm dead, he mused. Nathaniel would go along with them when the group finally came to a consensus over their next course of action, which was sure to take an unreasonably long time, as they would have to chatter away amiably first.

Before any sort of meeting could be arranged, however, a cry for help rang out in the forest behind him, making his ears raise a little. Masculine, if he were to guess, but the voice was otherwise indistinguishable. Nathaniel lay there in silence, listening, listening, as there was no use trying to continue analyzing the reverse food chain of this world with his thoughts being interrupted at such a frequency. However, if there were to be any heroic take up arms, there was an obvious delay. Go on then, you chivalrous oxygen suckers... or... is it carbon dioxide suckers now?

Lopmon raised her ears as she heard something. "Someone is in trouble!" She said as she heard the faint call for help. "Everyone, it may be another digidestined, we have to help them!" she said clear and sharp. Terriermon puffed out his chest. "I'm Ready to help whenever sister." he said. Shiloh stood up and ran off to Ethan and Kira. His two digimon flying after him. When he reached there he saw the two people on the ground. "What do we do now?" he said and kneeled down and poked Ethan and Kira's noses. Where they dead?

Zurumon stared at his tamer with as scrutinizing of a gaze as the blob could manage with his present visage. Was his tamer broken? Was that possible? The digimon was having a rare moment of bothering to look deeper into his bizarre behavior. After all, it appeared that they were stuck together, and he didn't want to get himself too tangled with the other digimon, as he had always kept his distance from them. He didn't seem to respond well to anger, or at least not the way that Zurumon wanted him to. So what, then, even motivated this boy, if anything at all?

There was a moment of silence between them. Finally, Zurumon had scraped together a theory and decided to test it out. "Do you know why I look like this?" he inquired in a low tone, which was a sharp contrast from any of this previous statements that all been yelled. After all, if his suspicions were correct, he didn't want anyone else catching on just yet.

The boy apparently took note of this, making a small noise into the earth.

"I'll take that as a no." The question had been rhetorical, anyway. "When you feed me- well, you didn't feed me, but anyway- you're feeding me data. When I wasn't being given data, I naturally lost some and ended up lookin' like this. A while longer and I woulda' ended up a digi-egg again." Zurumon saw the other boy's expression shift slightly in the dirt. "But now that we're both in the same world, that ain't an option for us... but there are other ways for me to get data."

Finally, Nathaniel turned slightly, appraising the digimon from the corner of his eye to show he was giving him his full divided attention... or, rather, as much attention as he was going to get from him.

"If another digimon is defeated, their data scatters. So in other words, until it reforms on it's own, it's free game for the others." Zurumon fixed him with a serious stare, not having to wait long for his tamer to catch on to what he was getting out. "So if that guy's in trouble and these-"

Nathaniel shot to his feet, startling the slime digimon in flinching after having remained still for so long. He scooped Zurumon, not bothering to giving him time to recover, and shot everyone at the picnic table a derisive look. Surprisingly, only the little one had been stupid enough to head straight into the face of danger. "Well, I'm going to go help. I can only say I'm disappointed in all of you for hesitating even a moment." When he turned around, the corners of his lips tugged down in irritation, unable to ignore the forced phrasing from the statement. Without wasting another moment, he chased after the boy.

- - - - -

The small child's path was rather direct, not making any wrong turns on his way to find the cry for help's source. When they seemed to have reached just what they were looking for, Nathaniel was made hyper aware of this fact. Was it the digimon? No, they were behind him the whole time, unless they both have telepathic communication and some sort of clairvoyance... or it's just the boy with clairvoyance. Superhuman hearing? With each new idea, he became increasingly disconcerted with being surrounded by so many superior beings. No, not superior. None of these carbon dioxide suckers have a brain.

Nathaniel rounded the final tree into a space that could hardly be called a clearing where their destination lied. The first thing he noticed was the glaring white of a seat of wings, stretched out far with feathers scattering the terrain. There were quite a number of bodies, all seemingly curled in some sort of fetal position on the ground. Only one of them was moving, and it was... lemur boy. What do we do? I'm not doing anything. If you all die here, that's at least four less problems for me. However, there was no obvious assailant in the area. Nathaniel did not bother to conceal his disappointment beyond backing up against the tree on the off chance that he could melt away from the non-existent crowd and go unnoticed again.

Keramon dragged Grigori through several thick bushes and a particularly nasty briar patch, emerging from the forest into a clearing and inexplicably sporting a weathered old stovepipe hat that had been patched up in some spots. He made a beeline for a picnic table that was being used by another human and digimon pair for a rather quaint luncheon of scones and tea. Keramon propped up an exhausted Grigori to take a seat and did the same, unceremoniously downing a handful of scones in a single bite.

"Keheheh..." He chuckled in his raspy, unnerving voice. "How do you do, good sirs?" Grigori, however, merely slumped forward tiredly and poured himself a cup of tea. "This is all so confusing. Did any of you hear someone calling for help earlier? I could have sworn I heard something crashing down in the woods over there. Maybe we should see if anyone is hurt..."

With grudging help from Renamon, Leandra attempted to help her brother find the people calling for help, to do something useful. But she couldn't, the moment she took more than one step she nearly fell, kept standing only with Renamon's help. She tried calling out, but the sound she made was nearly inaudible. She watched, helpless, as her little brother ran blindly into danger. She couldn't do anything, she felt so completely useless. She wanted to shut down, shut everything out, but that wasn't an option. Her brother was in danger.

"Renamon." Renamon heard her human speak, she twitched, and looked the girl in the eyes. "Please help them." Most wouldn't have been able to hear that, but Renamon was had some of the best hearing out of anyone in the Digiworld. She nodded, and ran off until the found a clearing, filled with humans and Digimon both.

"What happened here?" She asked, trying to get information as quickly as possible. Leandra not being near her was making Renamon's fur stand on end. She didn't want her human to be damaged too badly.

Zet sipped his tea as he looked at Dorumon, "Do you think?"

"That perhaps we should prepare a medical stretcher to transport whoever is injured?" Dorumon replied.

"Precisely old chap. I think that a splendid idea."

"Good show then, we shall make a stretcher eh?"

"Good show indeed, the question is, how shall we make this stretcher?"

"Simple, you have a shirt, we have trees nearby, we can make one that way."

"Great idea, we could cut the shirt in half and tie it. "

"Excellent plan chap."

"Good show mate."

The two got up and began working on a stretcher. Zet took his shirt off and Dorumon used his claws to rip it neatly in half. Zet then tied it to two large branches and checked to see it would hold. It was still flimsy, quite a bother really so they decided to reinforce it using smaller sticks, creating a sort of ladder that had cloth on top, tying it with various leaves. When Zet was happy with it, he took the stretcher and whistled as he went off to where the person fell, Dorumon right behind him.

(wow I forgot to post this)

Ethan's head rolled as he was moved onto the makeshift stretcher. His sister remained silent on the ground, not majorly hurt by their descent. She stood up with two tired digimon in her jacket. As Ethan was tended to, Kira went ahead and picked up his cracked digivice. She cocked her head in observation, seeming to be piecing things together in her mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back