Sword Art Online: Server in ruins

Ixacise

Pull my devil trigger
Currently working on stuff but feel free to join in an chat

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what's this game's setting going to be like? Is it connected to canon at all?

DrBones said:
So, what's this game's setting going to be like? Is it connected to canon at all?
Yes-no

Same setting in terms of MMO and general plot line. But lacking any real canon characters outside of the main antagonist; unless someone really wants to be canon character but I doubt it. Also this game has a slight parodic edge to it mocking some SAO's weakness and what it got wrong as an MMO as well as the type of people and culture you find on MMOs

prepare me a spot im gonna do the CS now

btw can we include meeting with canon chars.. ex: meeting Argo the Rat and buying «Argo's Strategy Guide: First Floor Boss edition» like in the anime/LN

and one more thing does this SAO have the Original Sword Skill creation system from ALO?

because I'm planning to make a dual-wielding character

[dice]3344[/dice]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd advise you to wait until I got the leveling mechanics fully typed out on the tab its on.

Also for the second: Reply hazy try again

Also I forgot to add that this SAO game will have some edits to make it feel more like a real mmo which might add some wrenches into stuff

technically anyone can get martial arts long as they complete the quest since they're not a unique skill, I'm just calling dibs to avoid running into someone else in the group also doing martial arts because it bothers me when you have multiple people in the same group all doing the exact same thing instead of having a variety of skills and roles for a more colorful experience. And I fill the niches people haven't touched so often that I'mma just gonna call for being the karate guy this time around. btw dual wielding isn't listed in the given combat skills to start with. Just saying.

yeah i know...but still Kirito got it..so i was hoping it will be implemented, along with the Original Sword Skill system:D

Kirito's skill in SAO came from the Special Snowflake Skill System. It's not a skill most people can use, just a unique skill given only to him for being the quickest player in the game. The SSSS is bad game design as you are giving an unfair advantage over people who are already #1 at something, basically making them invincible.

"Special Snowflake Skill System"? first time I hear that name, could you share a link plz:D so that I can be better acquainted with the subject

//Ty

So basically it's an extra skill that doesn't have a known form of acquiring it, besides the 10 that one can have..but that i knew..where did you get that term i wonder..

those 10 include passives as well, right?

It's a skill that's probably granted for being #1 in a certain hidden ladder. Taquito was DA BEST at reaction time and he got the Dual Blades skill. Chances are other people with SSS got them through similar means, just in a different ladder.

Also, I am unsure if they include passives, but chances are they do. Only 4-5 were revealed.

Special Snowflake Skill System is just an ironic term used to poke fun of the way unique skills are treated by the source material, since they exist entirely to mark characters as being special, unique and better than the rest in a rather gross way that feels as though the author wants you to care about this person not because the character's fun or interesting but because they have access to some wonky super power which they gained by being the very best to start with anyway.

Anyway it all depends on the SAO RP's moderator, I've done some SAO RPs which have you list the "extra skill" in the CS, others completely remove it, still my char prefers dual that is why i suggested it:D, she already has some skills made for dual-wielding.

In her case she dual-wields a katana and a short sword. Guess I'll have to wait to see how this RP's CS will look like and adapt her. :D

In the end..dual-wielding and Original sword skill permitted?? cause the CS doesn't say much, no offense

and a max number of skills a character can learn is 10?or how many?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back