News Staff Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dark Wizard]Welcome to two of our new moderators [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11743-welian/ said:
-bows- I promise not to mess up to badly, and if I do, to hide it before anyone finds out!

I'm confused (I usually am out of the loop when something big happens). If it's not a taboo or anything, what exactly got Musician demoted, and how is the site changing?

Hunnyhelp said:
Musician demoted,
No sorry, for her privacy and those involved who are staying on the site to RP as regular users, I will not be getting into any exact details.

Hunnyhelp said:
nd how is the site changing?
I don't understand this question. No changes are announced/planned. Only new promotions I suppose.

Speaking of which: The staff list has been updated again. https://www.rpnation.com/threads/rpn-staff-list.57581/

We are still looking for two moderators, please remember that we do not accept applications, we will come to you.

That is a question for Musician herself, as it's not professional to talk about former staff in that context.

And like DWiz said, it's really just a changing of the guard. We're getting lots of new staff, so we'll be a bit hectic for a while, but I doubt that will affect your day-to-day experience of RPN.

You guys aren't expendable, you are all uniquely you, and you helped make the site what it is today. It's awful that there's such a huge turnover, and I'm really sad to see so many of you step down but that sort of attitude isn't exactly going to help anyone. People look up to you all still VERY much, and spreading this much salt around isn't going to do anything for the community that you've done so much for, and loves you in return.

I wasn't spreading salt. I'm simply stating a fact. And I feel that it's something to be wary of.

Edit: and that's all I'll say on that.

welian said:
You guys aren't expendable, you are all uniquely you, and you helped make the site what it is today. It's awful that there's such a huge turnover, and I'm really sad to see so many of you step down but that sort of attitude isn't exactly going to help anyone. People look up to you all still VERY much, and spreading this much salt around isn't going to do anything for the community that you've done so much for, and loves you in return.
Perhaps if the staff was so valuable and loved they should be treated as such, from the entire community from bottom to top. Saying that means nothing when the treatment is the exact opposite.

As much as I love the update, because yes, I was rather concerned- I believe someone has to say it. Sorry, guys, I love you all- and it is with love that I say this.

This thread has devolved from its original purpose, as well as derailed quickly. Maybe the discussion should be moved...? Or... Or something? Because I feel like a lot of feelings might get hurt/ further wounded if the topic keeps up in this direction.

I know we want to talk about it. But please, I do rather care for every single one of you, and it very much so hurts my heart to see you in such discord.

;; ¬;!

Pineapple said:
Perhaps if the staff was so valuable and loved they should be treated as such, from the entire community from bottom to top. Saying that means nothing when the treatment is the exact opposite.
And I absolutely agree with you, I think it's awful that you weren't treated with the respect that you feel you deserve, and I'm sorry about the course of events that led you to decide to resign.

But this thread is to notify users of Staff changes, and to assure them that day-to-day operations of the site will continue even while the Staff is in flux. You have every right to complain, to be bitter, to criticize the management, to explain your side of the story to your fellow users.

But this thread is not that place.

This thread is for the users, and I think your grievances would be better posted in the Personal Discussion forum and would receive more attention there.

welian said:
And I absolutely agree with you, I think it's awful that you weren't treated with the respect that you feel you deserve, and I'm sorry about the course of events that led you to decide to resign.
But this thread is to notify users of Staff changes, and to assure them that day-to-day operations of the site will continue even while the Staff is in flux. You have every right to complain, to be bitter, to criticize the management, to explain your side of the story to your fellow users.

But this thread is not that place.

This thread is for the users, and I think your grievances would be better posted in the Personal Discussion forum and would receive more attention there.
Will do boss. Will do.

TO PERSONAL DISCUSSIONS! AWAY!

This thread is now closed, people upset, its obvious.

But the purpose of this thread was for users to pay respects for previous staff members and to get caught up to date with the new promotions.

I will make a separate announcement with any further promotions.

Thank you all and thank you to the previous staff for all the work they've done up till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back