[Souls of Paranoia]Asherton Flea Market - Money Bags [Week 2]

Miz

Level 20 Mizard
Julian hummed a song out loud as he walked along one of the outdoor aisles of the Asherton Flea Market. The place was pretty big, it had both indoor and outdoor sections which served as a means of separating the different ranks of vendors. It was a sort of strange hierarchy that Julian was able to realize upon his third time visiting the place. He came here often, this is where you could buy old stuff and no one questioned why you paid in cash regardless of the price.

Outdoors was largely a farmer's market, but some of the sketcher stores would also be placed in tiny storage rooms (similar to those used in self-storage places). Those stores would be some of the most interesting finds for Julian who was in the mood to find some older clothing this time he went shopping. He really did come here often, sometimes multiple times a week. Some vendors knew him by name, others couldn't really seem to recall him. Though it must have been the outfits he wore, he never liked to wear the same set of clothes to the flea market if it could be avoided.

Today Julian wore white capris pants with a blue sleeveless tank top and tennis shoes. It was a considerably hot day but not enough to prevent Julian from wearing a short teal scarf and his white pair of aviators. "Today is a nice day for shopping, wouldn't you agree, Marco?" Julian said in his head as he looked around at different stores, wondering which would catch his interest.

"Its definitely better than stealing, I guess. Though we have been here a lot lately, Julian," Marco said with some indifference.

"Yeah, but you said you liked it here. Plus I can buy so much stuff and the stores never are the same. Its always an adventure." Julian smiled a big grin as he pranced around the corner of the aisle. "Besides, Marco the places here are pretty much old mechanical locks. No fancy security systems and none of those pesky cameras. It would be easy if I found something we both really liked," Julian said as he looked around to find any susceptible targets in this part of the flea market. Granted nothing here was really worth stealing, he could buy it all with the money just in his pocket. Though Julian wasn't against having a bit of fun even if he knew Macro was a tad bit over stealing.

Atleast once a month, Sam's mother wanted to go to the Asherton Flea Market. She was always hunting for cheap shoes, vases and other vanity items. She was also of the belief that her kids needed 'exercise and fresh air', so she would usually drag them along with her. Never mind that Sam was on the track team and got lots of exercise, or that his brother was on the football team. No, that didn't really count. It was likely an excuse to get his sister out of the house without making it seem 'unfair'. Sam knew better then to debate it though. Besides, he would occasionally find some objects at the Flea Market he was interested in.

Today Sam was on a mission looking for something specific. A gift actually. He had some money from when he first met Daniel. All of the jewelery he jacked he managed to sell to various stalls in the market over time. He ran out of jewelery and spent most of the money but he still had twenty left. One of the stalls caught his attention, it had a bunch of jewelery on display, which seemed like a good place to check out. Sam approached the vendor but the vendor didn't seem to play much attention towards Sam. "Excuse Me, I'm looking for something..." Sam spoke out towards the man trying to grab his attention.

The vendor turned his attention towards Sam before speaking. "Look, I don't got anything that was stolen, you get that? Now buzz off. I'm working here." The man puffed out his chest and waved Sam away with his back hand.

"No, not that. I'm looking for some jewelery for a girl." The Vendor turned his attention to the kid and looked him up and down, as if judging him before deciding to walk over and motion for Sam to continue talking. "Like, I want something that says 'sorry, lets be friends.' But I mean, it doesn't need to say friends, I mean, I'm open to more you know? But like, friendship is fine too." Sam was kind of distracted with his own thoughts and seemed to ramble what was on his mind before the vendor interrupted him.

"Look kid, I don't care why you want it or whatever this message bullshit is. What these heart earrings? girls like crap like this." Sam looked it over. The earrings looked nice, they were silver looking with small chains connected to hearts covered in small red stones.

"Yeah, alright. how much?"
Sam reached into his pocket for his money waiting for the man's response.

"$150."
Sam was shocked as he held a twenty dollar bill in his hand. "Is that all you got? Wasting my time here kid." The vendor scoffed and turned away from Sam.

It was strange, Daniel was quite the entire time, but suddenly took over Sam's mouth and spoke out. "This crap is just cheep costume jewelery, do you expect anyone to fall for this?" The Vendor turned towards Sam clearly hostile.

"Look kid, I ain't helping you here. Do we got a problem?" He was leaning on his counter top, staring down at Sam.

Monroe strolls along the booths, eying the items as she went and slightly surprised when her other arm acts of its own accord. Penny grabs a chunky bracelet, maybe the tackiest thing on the stand they stop at, with mismatched beads and interlocked metals. "Look, Moonie!" she holds it up for closer inspection, to which Monroe does, realizing the chain was made of small horses. Penny puts it down just as quickly as she picked it up, realizing the futility of that argument.

"Why are we here?" Penny wonders, letting Monroe shuffle along the stalls, mixing in with the crowd of the flea market. Lately, Monroe had been bothered by just staying at home and going to work; a routine that usually made her calm, now had her agitated. Patting her bun, she slides her hand down her neck as she checks her surroundings again- maybe she was just being paranoid.

Ever since she had met Troy she had felt like this and her only way to get rid of the feeling was to change her routine. "Penny, you want to take over?" it was rare for the woman to offer, but she wasn't enjoying being in her shoes at that moment. Penny jumped at the chance, and as the little girl took over, so did her curiosity. Penny started looking more earnestly at the items in the shop, picking them up and trying them on.

Every once in a while, Monroe would have to remind her that she couldn't get something, and lucky enough she usually listened. As Penny spun on the heel of her boot around a corner, she had to swerve around a few of the customers before spotting something interesting. "Moonie, what did he do to his hair?" her curiosity makes her approach the boy semi-cautiously.

"He dyed it" Monroe's answer is curt, and feels more explanation is unnecessary despite the fact Penny was still confused. She stared in wonderment at his hair until another thing caught her eyes, the pair of earrings he was currently examining. "Penny" the warning is clear, but Penny only sees the shiny heart earrings, "My ears aren't even pierced, Penny..." logic would do no good.

Penny grabs the boys arm, "Are you getting those?" she wonders, giving a sad stare through Monroe's eyes. In a seven year old it would qualify as puppy-dog eyes, but Monroe's face made it look rather dejected instead. Although she may have looked pleading, Monroe knew the minute that Penny's eyes saw the earrings, she would have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as Daniel was to say something they would end up regretting the two of them were shocked by someone latching onto his arm. This surprised both of them, and Daniel retreated back into Sam's mind. "Well, lets see how you deal with this." Daniel spoke to Sam, egging him on.

"You are suppose to help me you know, Felix said as much." Daniel scoffed at the notion.

"Help you? I need to see what you need to improve, you wont learn anything if I do it for you." It made sense, though Sam wasn't sure if he liked it As such, Sam turned his head to look at the person holding onto his arm, it was a girl. No, a woman. One he didn't even know.

"Are you getting those?" The woman asked, referencing the earrings the vendor had. The girl looked tough, she dressed tough. The type of girl that could probably twist Sam into a pretzel. But her expression was one of hope, like she needed him to buy the earrings. She seemed to look up to him from a lower position. She reminded him of a child. But she was no child. She was actually kind of pretty. She also looked too old for him though.

Sam hummed a long 'uhhh' at the girl surprised, unable to find the right words, but the vendor broke the silence. He pointed his middle and index finger at the two of them and squinted. "Really? Well if that ain't a surprise! Tough luck lil' lady. your boyfriend here ain't got the cash." Sam raised his free hand to his head and scratched it.

"I... I have no idea what I should be doing here..." Sam thought to Daniel, wondering what to do in such a situation. But Daniel gave what could be best described as a mental shrug.

"Honestly? I have no idea. This must be the weirdest thing I've seen in a long while." As Daniel replied Sam saw a man walk - no, what he did was more of a strut, through the market, wearing the strangest outfit he had ever seen in his life. Tennis shoes, capris pants and a tank top, which would make sense in the weather. Yet he wore a scarf around his neck. "Uh... maybe second weirdest."

Sam could only wonder what the hell was going on in the market this day.

The boy provided Penny no response, which encouraged her to continue but the vendor decided to run his mouth. Immediately her hand tightened on Sam's arm and a sharp stare was turned towards the man who ran the stall. "What?" was all Monroe manages to get out, taking control of her own body very easily without Penny expecting it. Then she lets go of the younger boy, fists curling as her confidence is regained and she turns towards the man. "He's not my boyfriend" Monroe says, almost as a confirmation before frowning deeply at his chuckle.

"Sure, sure" his lackadaisical response only angers her further, as he easily brushes her off.

"Listen, buddy!" Penny's giggling in her mind eggs Monroe on, "There is no way. In hell. That I would be dating him!" her anger makes her voice pronounced over the market place. Color fills her face and she turns towards the younger boy once again, realizing what she had just said. "No offense to you, I'm sure you're great besides the fact you can't afford your girlfriend's earrings " she said, shrugging. "Surprised you even have a girlfriend to be honest" as always, Monroe's honesty seems to come out, holding up one of the earrings to the light as her hands itch with Penny's power.

Although she would usually be against using her powers in such a way, the owner of the stall was already pushing her buttons.

Sam was mostly silent in this strange situation, as the girl suddenly flipped from playing cute and interested, to a defensive and well... mean girl. It was very sudden, brought on by the vendor's comments. Daniel was silent. Well, aside from the occasional chuckle. He seemed to take amusement in the girls words. "So, you got this one right? I mean, I have to know what I need to help you with. It's really all for the greater good." Sam was wondering if Daniel was just using that excuse as a way to watch him squirm, in retribution from what Felix said.

"Uh... wait. Didn't you just grab onto me! Why are you so angry! Hoping I would buy you something?" Sam actually spoke out for himself, and it felt... good. He thought about it for a moment. "Besides... she's not my girlfriend." Daniel laughed. Sam didn't get it though, he just corrected her.

"Corrected her? No, you just solidified the fact that you can't get a girl. Whatever you did alright other wise."
Sam felt relatively good. He didn't just let her walk over him.

Monroe turns to give the boy a rather critical look, folding her arms across her chest "So?" she says it like a challenge. "I grabbed your arm because I was interested in those earrings, not you" the blonde is sharp with her comments. In reality her anger had started with the vendor, but it was easy for him to be a scapegoat. "I don't need you to buy me anything" she says, then turns her attention to the vendor, "How much are these earrings?"

The vendor is already onto the next prospective client though, probably realizing that the two of them weren't going to buy anything. Monroe let out a frustrated sigh, almost expecting what would come when the earrings slid back to their place on their table. "Moooonie" the groan of her name made her hand twitch on the table- feeling the fight from the young girl.

"Moonie, please! Moonie! Moonie I want them" Monroe's fist clenches again, with the vendor looking away she could easily make a copy. The problem was this kid next to her..

Monroe turns and looks at him, "Just wait. Okay" is the only consolation she gives Penny, staring at the boy. "Can you get out of my face?" she decides to take a shot at it, wondering if she can scare him off from the stall, "Before I have to do something about it?" Monroe's threat is only that, sincerely hoping she won't have to act on it.

Julian was appraising some of the stores he enjoyed. The area he walked by was a contact zone between the inexpensive and the pricey. It was a mixture of farmer's selling produce to book salesmen with old collectables to antique dealers. Yet his favorite store to watch, a shack ran by a fake jeweler named Antonio. The store was slightly larger than three storage units, making him one of the more aristocratic vendors in the flea market hierarchy. Certainly not a lord, but definitely a somebody.

Julian only knew Antonio because he scored some stuff from him once. He also sold some, well more like a lot of, jewelry he snagged from the hotel and other places. Yet he was always a bit wary around Antonio because Julian did steal from him on occasion. Checking his pockets, hands and wrists he made sure he wasn't wearing anything before approaching the store.

He would typically talk to Antonio, mainly because he avoided his store last-time. So he sought it fit to visit the guy, maybe he had something for Julian to buy or take. He was always down for fun times. Especially since Marco was on the downer side today. "Relax Marco, I am just going to talk to Antonio and maybe get out of here."

"You can do what you want," Marco said to Julian. "Just remember though, these types usually have guns. Guns they don't know how to use. Try not to get shot," Marco said warning Julian apathetically.

Julian was about to wave to Antonio except two people got his attention. They were very loud, well one of them was very loud, the other one just seemed embarrassed. Julian thought they were cute. He could go for either of them personally, but he was sure they were a couple, or at least a couple meant to be.

Coming from behind, he touched the shoulders of both the girl and the guy. "Relax you two lovebirds," Julian said trying to soothe both of them. "You'd both would look pretty in the earrings," Julian said but motioned to Monroe and quietly said, "but you would especially."

A hand was placed on her shoulder and Monroe practically jumps in her boots, bluish grey eyes dodging back to the man that was now behind him. "Relax you two lovebirds," and that was her last nerve- when the man motioned back to her, she reacted. She shoved his arm away from her and rounded on him with a mean left hook. Despite the saying and her non-dominate hand, Monroe's didn't live up to the standard of 'hitting like a girl'.

The gasp that sounded from Penny gave her a sense of pride, "Get your hands off me" she noted, shaking off her left hand. She barely got a look at the man before she acted but now that he was in front of her..."What the hell are you wearing?" White capri pants, a blue sleeveless tank with a teal scarf and tennis shoes. White aviators perch on top of his head, despite the season.

"I like it!" Penny chimes from her mind, "At least you didn't break his fancy glasses" she says, making Monroe wish she did. Now that she had finally punched somebody, it seemed like the pent up anger in the system dissipated, also thrown off by the man's outlandish outfit.

"For the last time... I'm not dating him. I'm not dating anybody"
the confirmation is crisp, and she meets the strangers eyes as she says it. Luck would have it that she would run into another weirdo...

The girl was on Sam's case. "Can you get out of my face? Before I have to do something about it?" Sam was going to say something, he had no idea what, but the situation was immediately interrupted as a hand graced Sam's shoulder. It was the man Sam noticed earlier walking through the market, in his very strange and unusual dress. He seemed to be trying to soothe the situation, and he too mistook the two of them for a couple.

Sam began to wonder if he and the girl actually looked like they would be a couple. She was kind of abrasive, mean, controlling, and angry. "She sounds like your type, a strong dominate girl to control you." Daniel remarked towards Sam, clearly trying to emasculate him.

"What? why would I want a girl like that? Besides, I would be the dominate one in a relationship." Daniel laughed. He laughed a lot. The stranger commented about the earrings, how they would look good on both of them. "Hey, he complimented me. Wait.. what?" Sam took a moment to realize what the compliment actually was.

Danial was laughing hysterically about the whole situation, barely managing to get out his next remarks. "Looks like you have a way with guys! Hey, maybe you can try asking him out." Though as Sam was conversing with Daniel, the girl took action on the man who had come between them, she hooked him. Hard. Sam couldn't believe it, he didn't think she would actually punch him. "That could have been you, damn you got lucky."

The vendor slammed his hand on the table and shouted at the party of three. "What the fuck are you doing? Julian are you alright? The two of you better get the fuck away from here before there is any more trouble." As the man was shouting Sam instinctively grabbed a hold of the man, getting a fist full of scarf, and his other hand holding the man's back to prevent him from falling.

"Are you alright?" Sam spoke out to the man, though it came out as mostly a whisper in the man's ear as Sam was shocked by the situation and didn't want to bring more attention to the situation. Sam then looked at the girl, a mix of fear and confusion in his face. "Why is this girl so damn angry. She started this whole thing!"

Julian was startled by the hit. The girl looked tough but he never thought that she would hit that hard. He was a bit dizzy, his brain felt all jumbled but that is what happens when you get hit in the face. Julian was use to it, not the getting hit in the face part but the jumbly-mumbly of the brain part. It all just meant that he was going to relax a bit. He was cool with relaxing. He mainly focused on standing though as he tried not to fall down.

Yet the dude next to him grabbed Julian's body. Supporting his back and his neck by pulling on his scarf, the young dude prevented Julian from falling. That made Julian smile amid the bloody nose. As he stabilized a bit, he noticed Antonio running to the scene. He was nervous, he could tell and he started yelling at the two of them. "What the fuck are you doing? Julian are you alright? The two of you better get the fuck away from here before there is any more trouble."

"Cool," Julian said out loud slowly, he wasn't entirely there. His mind was still settling from the hit. He swore he could see colors or birds or something.

"I hope you don't die just from a girl hitting you," Marco said as his mind was not connected to the pain currently, Julian was in full control. "Though you would be the first to not die from something stealing related. I guess that's something"

"Hey man," he said to Marco. "I don't plan to die without meeting one of these two cuties, preferably both."

"Two?" Marco questioned.

"Antonio, Antonio" Julian sputtered out. "Relax man. Its all cool. These two are just my buddies." Julian smiled at Antonio, which just made the store vendor give him a very confused look. Yet after a few seconds Antonio's expressed changed.

"Just keep it down okay?" he said with a little bit more relaxation to Julian "But no more fighting!" he proclaimed with his voice raising when he turned to the others before he walked off to help some other customers. Antonio was obviously frustrated shaking his head.

Wiping off the blood from his nose, Julian postured it a bit to make sure it wasn't broken. It felt fine, so he assumed he was good. "Thanks for catching me man, I owe you one" Julian said to guy next to him. He was interested in the guy, he looked a bit passive but he was definitely muscular. He did worse, plus he seemed nice. That's always a good thing.

"Heavy hitter, I like that,"
Julian said to the woman who hit him. "So you said you aren't dating anyone? So does that mean you're available? I mean just to hang out or something, unless you want to do more." Julian turned to the guy next to him and also approached him in the same kind of tone, "You are welcome to come with, I mean I am down for anything."

Yet before Julian could suggest activities to do with either of the two people he just became friends with, he noticed the earrings on the table. Snatching them up he said, "Like I said, either of you would look cute. So who wants them, my treat?"

The blood was a little shocking, as Monroe hadn't meant to make him bleed or keel over, as he almost did. Luckily the awkward guy had his merits, only because he prevented the stranger from falling on his ass and causing more of a scene. It looked like the vendor had noticed, and she turned her glare at him despite the fact she was being scolded. Monroe could care less if she was kicked out, she was only here today to mix-up her routine- maybe she should have just changed parks.

"Cool"

The man spoke then and now that Monroe was calmer, his presence did not seem as irksome as before. It also helped that he was presently trying to calm down the vendor and convince him that they were all 'friends'. The three of them would get off with a warning, although the last of what the vendor said was more directed at her. Monroe confirmed it to alleviate his worries, although she did not plan on making it a promise or anything.

The man wiped the blood from his nose before thanking the redhead, turning towards her next. Monroe widened her stance, slightly ready for a verbal battle when he instead complimented her on her punch. "Well- Thanks" she is slightly embarrassed for once, only because she is not used to such a response to her tough attitude.

"So you said you aren't dating anyone? So does that mean you're available? I mean just to hang out or something, unless you want to do more."

"Awhh!" Penny's coo is unmistakable, but Monroe is rather flustered, tucking the stray hairs from her bun behind her ear. "Moonie, when's the last time you were on a date?" Penny is poking and Monroe doesn't have the heart to tell her the only reason she stopped was her. Sensing her hesitancy, Penny continues to push him, "It's just to hang ouuuut" Monroe nibbles her lip. The man seems to confirm the young girl's suspicions and turns towards Sam to invite him as well.

Slightly trodden on, Monroe's shrugs as she finally answers "I'm not seeing anyone-"

"and I'm not supposed to go out with strangers"
Penny's voice is there to finish for her, and she can't help but crack a smile.

Then the man offers to buy the earrings for either of them, to which Monroe actually motions to Sam "As long as I can see them for a moment, he can have them." Then remembering his prior comment, she put her hand behind her ear to show off the fact they have no holes "They aren't for me."

During the entire encounter, Daniel was very amused, and made sure that Sam knew with his vehement laughter. "So Sam, now's your chance, you gonna switch teams? Looks like you got an easy in for the game that way. With how you play you wont likely get into the game any time soon on your current team." Sam didn't respond to Daniel, and tried to ignored it. "Because he's hitting on you. And you have no luck with girls." Sam still tried to ignore him. "I saying you should go gay." Sam continued to ignore Daniel. "It's funny. God, get a sense of humor! Honestly, learn to laugh at yourself will ya?"

Back in the actual situation, Sam was trying to keep his distance, even considering backing up and getting out of the situation. That was until the Man offered to buy the earrings, and the girl said that Sam could have them. He thought on it for a moment before replying. "Uh... Yeah. I guess. I mean, Wait." Sam brought out his phone and opened his contact list. It was short, though fortunately no one but Daniel would know that.

@Miz -

Kimi
right
Hey, It's Sam. Just so you have my number.
right
Random Question: Do you wear earrings?

Sam wanted to text Kim a couple times since getting her number, but he only text once so she would know his number. She didn't respond to it. However, Sam wouldn't feel right wasting someone's money on something Kim wouldn't want, so hopefully she would reply. "Really? That's like, the most obvious way to ask. Ever. She knows you are probably trying to buy her earrings now."

Sam thought about it for a moment. "Uh, is that a problem? I mean, if I buy it and give it to her as a surprise or she knows, isn't it the same outcome?"

"No it's not, girls like surprises. you can't just tell them you are getting them a gift. Beginner mistake. Consider this lesson 1."

Sam brought his attention back to the people in front of him. "Sorry, I appreciate it. I just want to make sure she would like them. I don't want you to waste your money." Sam just remembered the price of the earrings. "Wait, you know they are $150 right?"

Julian was curious who the boy next to him was texting. He hoped it wasn't some girlfriend or something, especially since apparently neither of the two were actually a couple.

"Looks like he's got another girl," Marco said. "Kids these days and their texting. Shouldn't he just know whether the girl likes them or not, why bother sending a message?"

"He didn't even send a picture. Still its cute of him," Julian said trying to defend the boy to Marco.

"Whatever, so you are still going to mess with these people or are you going to move on. I mean I met my wife in a fight doesn't mean that you will meet your soulmate in a random market"

"Oh right, you had a wife," Julian said to Marco kind of interested in his life story. But he focused back into the situation at hand. "Huh?" he responded to the boy. "150 dollars? Pssh, that is nothing. I will even get you one. You'd look cute with orange or red one in your ear," Julian responded showing off his sapphire. "It would look amazing with your hair." Julian wanted to reach over and brush the guy's hair but he remembered that might be a bit much for the first time. Still it was tempting to touch.

Julian was not quick to dismiss the girl next to him though. "Yeah, yeah you can see them if you like. If you don't want other jewelry for yourself?" Julian asked the woman next to him. "Don't worry, I am not a stranger. I am Julian Davis. Pleasure to meet you," he said introducing himself. "Can I ask you two mains what your names are?"

To say that Russel enjoyed the flea market would be an understatement, whenever he wasn't working or off on a camping trip it was pretty much certain that he'd be here to check out all of the stalls. Most of the stuff didn't interest him but there were a few regulars that usually had old toolboxes, maybe some wrought iron yard art, even the occasional hand-painted goods. He'd come down there today to visit one elderly lady in particular that sold painted paving stones, some of the ones in front of his house had cracked when he'd accidentally dropped an anvil on them while moving it to the shed.

The day's haul had been pretty good so far. They'd managed to find an old knife from the 1920's as well as a couple old picture frames. The two real scores had been an honest-to-god sack of glass marbles that he thought his little brothers would enjoy very much and an amazingly detailed Cherrywood carving of a burrowing owl the old man who ran the stall across from the jeweler's was selling.

This led to Russel being completely oblivious to the world around him for the time being, his other half was a bit more inclined to be aware of things....like the rather loud argument going on right behind him. "What do you suppose that's all about, Russel?" Harold inquires, drawing a bit more of Russel's attention thereby causing him to look over his shoulder. "No idea, couples argue all the time. Best to leave well enough alone."

"It sounds bad, maybe we should hurry our business along and get back home." Harold advised. "I guess it is getting kind of late in the evening." Russel haggles with the old man a bit before the finally agree on a price of 80 dollars for the owl, a pretty good price considering the amount of work that must have gone into it, he almost felt guilty not paying more. So it had been a wonderful day up until that point.

*BAM*

Apparently the woman behind him had struck one of the guys pretty hard, causing him to bump Russel as he was mid-step, they fought for a few seconds to keep balance. The owl fell from his hands as his footing was lost, striking the ground and chipping off a few of the tail feathers. Meanwhile Russel and Harold scuffed their forehead on the concrete and let out a very painful oof! as the pack of 40 pounds of paving stones hit their back.

Russel lay there a moment trying to fight back the headache before standing with quite a bit of labor required. He placed the sleeve of his overcoat to his head to act as a sponge. "Ow god damnit, what's the big idea?"

Now that the young boy had dibs, he seemed hesitant to accept the earrings- not wanting to waste the man's money on a pair that 'she' might not like. Considering he just told her he was single, she shook her head in disbelief as he texted. "Don't you think it's a little presumptuous to get some girl you're not dating heart-shaped earrings?" she says, giving the boy a rather critical look.

"It's romaaantic" Penny still hasn't stopped cooing, reacting to the pseudo-romance despite never being in a relationship herself. "Wouldn't you want someone to buy you earrings?" Penny's question make Monroe's eyes shift over to the blonde man that had tried to hit on them both. Julian, as the vendor had called him, easily brushed off the $150 for the earrings, and Monroe had to admit they now looked shabby compared to their price.

"No- that's the only item I was interested in" she responds to him, motioning to the earrings with a slight inclination of her head. At his introduction, she tentatively sticks her hand out, still wary of what happened last time "I'm Monroe." As an afterthought, the girl asks him, "Why are you being so nice to me anyways, I punched you in the face..."

"Ow god damnit, what's the big idea?"

A man's voice sounded from somewhere behind Julian, and Monroe tried to crane her neck slightly to see who it belonged to. It was a man around her age- he had gotten knocked down when Julian was forced back. Monroe stares at the blood coming from the wound on his forehead "No big idea here" she isn't sure how else to respond. "Might want to check your head before it gets too big" is the next shot she takes at it.

"150 dollars? Pssh, that is nothing. I will even get you one. You'd look cute with orange or red one in your ear. It would look amazing with your hair." The man was starting to give Sam weird vibes. It was strange, was this how girls saw guys usually? It was creepy. Further he was starting to regret his dye choice. Regardless, the only response the man got back from Sam was a weird look and Sam leaning away from him and focused onto his phones screen.

"What do you expect? Your hair looks kind of ridiculous. Why the hell did you dye it red anyway?" Daniel was actually curious, I'm sure most people would be. Girls dye their hair strange colours fairly often, though not guys.

"Uh, I saw it in a movie. Girls always talked about how hot the guy was, I thought it was the hair. I heard it was called 'Scarlet Red' or something, so I got that. It doesn't look ridiculous though. I like it." Sam was defensive of his hair, he did spend a fair amount of money to get it, he couldn't accept it being considered ridiculous.

Sam was surprised that Kim texted back so quickly. Was that a good sign? Or was that just how she was? Regardless, he had an answer. As he was typing a reply to Kim the girl who introduced herself as Monroe spoke up towards him. "Don't you think it's a little presumptuous to get some girl you're not dating heart-shaped earrings?" She had a point, heart shaped earrings weren't the right message he wanted to send across, maybe he should get something else.

@Miz

Kimi
right
Random Question: Do you wear earrings?
left
Huh? Why do you want to know that?
left
Yeah I do.
right
Uh, no reason. Just making small talk.

"Wow, that's actually a good message." Daniel said, and Sam was actually happy he managed to send a proper message. "I mean, with how awkward she knows you are, she will likely believe that." Well, maybe not for long. Regardless, it would still be a surprise later when or if he finds her anything.

Sam glanced over the various pieces of jewelery on display, but felt lost. There was a large penguin brooch, lots of stud earrings, chandelier style earnings, or were they ballroom? He didn't know the actual names for most of the pieces on display. As he was glancing across all of the items another man spoke up from behind him. "Ow god damnit, what's the big idea?"

It looked like the man had fallen down, quite painfully. He was bleeding from his head, if only a little. Though he was looking towards their direction. It may have been a side effect of when Julian got punched, he may have bumped someone. Regardless Sam wanted no part in what was going to happen, and instead looked across the jewelery more. Yet even as he looked across the jewelery he still listened in on the conversation between those behind him. Monroe was antagonizing the bleeding man. Sam was curious who would win in a fight, though he would place his bets on Monroe. Then in response to Julian's question he said his name. "Uhh, It's Sam."

Sam did feel like he could maybe help calm the situation down by pulling Monroe out of it all and get her away from the man, maybe he would just let it go and move on. "Uhh... You know what, I think you might be right..." Sam was speaking rather loudly towards Monroe to catch her attention. "I mean, what would you recommend?" Sam wave his hand across the jewelery table signally for her to pick something out. Just maybe the distraction would calm people down. If not, well, Sam was a fast runner.

If it wasn't one thing it was another, he'd been injured and now the offending party was taunting him. It didn't quite register at the moment who exactly he was dealing with, one eye was shut trying to fight off a headache and the other was about three seconds from shutting due to a thin line of blood coming from his forehead. Note to self: head wounds bleed worse than they are. So after a few seconds he finally managed to compose himself, expecting to deal with a couple backwards-hat wearing assholes. His left fist clenched and brought to his chest, a grin of defeat on his face that just says God damnit why is this happening to me on this day?

Russel's demeanor changes almost immediately when he sees what he's dealing with. A woman roughly his own age, a guy that doesn't seem the least interested, and a kid that looks like he's thinking about if he really wants to be here or not. "I told you we should have hurried along." Harold mused, happy to be right once again. "I know, now get off my case. Dealing with enough at the moment other than the I told you so attitude."

His fist unclenches and drops to his side. Russel lets out a big sigh and looks around to see where that carving managed to roll off to in all the commotion. Thankfully for his aching back it was only about a yard away at his feet. Holding it up to inspect the damage, he finds that some of the tail feathers had been chipped off in the fall but that could be hidden by placing it against a wall. "That's cold ya'know, injuring someone and then insulting them." Russel shrugs, it not being even remotely worth the trouble to argue over something like this right now. "Look, whatever you three were bickering about...can you just be a bit more careful?"

OOC I didn't realize that Unlucky was posting. Had to rewrite majority of my post which is why some things have a different order.

Julian smiled as the woman calmed down a bit. Her voice was much nicer when she wasn't yelling. He hoped to keep her volume that way. "Why are you being so nice to me anyways, I punched you in the face..." the woman named Monroe asked Julian.

"Why are you being so nice to her?" Marco asked Julian. He didn't really expect an answer from Julian though, Julian was a strange case even to Marco.

Julian grinned at the lady. "Well a man always has to be nice to a lady like yourself, I mean..." Julian was going to say more but he was cut off by a voice behind him.

"Ow god damnit, what's the big idea?" said a guy who taller and older than Julian. He had a bit of a head wound but nothing worse than Julian's actual injuries. Julian smiled when Monroe said something snarky back. He liked a girl with character. However the man didn't particularly enjoy the smooth comment, taking insult from it.

Though to be honest Julian didn't have much interest in this newcomer. He was good looking enough, but his attention was more drawn on Sam, who appeared to give him a weird motion as he gave him his name. He wasn't sure what it was, but the kid seemed to be playing hard-to-get. However the man behind them didn't seem to be letting down and going away. Analyzing the newcomer, Julian turned around to offer him his scarf to wipe off any blood. "Relax bro," Julian said in his calm collected fashion. Julian was serene like that, his emotions were never tarnished by his surroundings. "We are all friends here, I am just helping these two pick out some jewelry. Apparently, not for each other but yeah. I am good guys with the owner, so I can buy you something too if you want, or something else from a different store if you don't like jewelry." He tried to defuse the situation, not so much out of care for the newcomer but so Monroe wouldn't leave.

"So, Sam. What I would recommend," Julian intercepting Sam's conversation to Monroe without realizing it. "Is that you should get those salamander earrings, chicks dig amphibians." Julian said as he pointed to a set of earrings at one of the stands on the table. "You could also get some stuff inside the pricer box closer the counter, that is where Antonio keeps his really good stuff."

Julian trying to be inclusive turned to Monroe and the new comer, "Babe, new guy, what do you think?"

Julian fanning Monroe with compliments was a smart choice, she found it much easier to be around him with his appreciative words. Even now, he was defending her, although she hardly needed the protection. "So I'm cold, Whatever..."

Sam, the desperate teenager, had asked for her advice and she turns to appraise the jewellery table she was interested now that he asked for her opinion. "Well, what does she like?" she was trying to be logical, and continued her train of thought "Is she girly?" her nose scrunches as she looks over some of the small rose studs.

"So, Sam. What I would recommend,"

Julian slid into the conversation easily and Monroe slightly snorted, covering her mouth upon making the noise. "Did you just laugh?" Penny's astonishment actually made Monroe wonder if it was that hard to make her laugh. Julian's first suggestion had actually interested her, they were a pair of silver salamanders that climbed the lobe when put on right. Although the comment he attached made her shake her head and she hoped Sam would notice.

Monroe took a full minute after Julian turned to ask their opinions, a full minute to realize the fact he was talking to her. Then she was stunned enough that Penny spoke up for her, "What's a am-amphibby??" That was not what she wanted. Especially not the complications the young girl had in even pronouncing the word.

"Penny" her anger was quick, "You're embarrassing me" a whimper sounded, to which Monroe seemed to snap. "Stop using my body for yourself. It's amphibian, not that hard" although Penny had retreated into her mind, Monroe continued. "Now, what am I supposed to do with this bullshit? You made me look like an idiot."

Monroe pinches her nose, frustrated at the situation the girl had just dragged her into. "Uh- sorry, a little flustered?" it came out like a question, and she rubbed at her face, "I like them, not sure about any other girl" she deeply sighed, still bothered.

"Well, what does she like? Is she girly?" Ram thought about the question that Monroe presented. Was she a girly girl?

"Well... she's more Girly then you, that's for sure." Sam could consider that Monroe might be insulted by his comment, and he didn't want to feel her wrath. "I mean, your girly, like, not girly girly. I mean to say is, she's just. Yeah. Anyway. I think she likes-" Before Sam could get out his response he was interrupted by Julien decided to tackle all of Sam's queries, and pointed out a pair of salamander earrings. "-Amphibians?" Sam was perplexed by the idea, though as he thought about it, it made sense.

"What's a am-amphibby??" Sam looked at the girl quizzically, it was the same tone and mannerisms when she first latched onto him. Though that quickly stopped before she seemed to continue her thought process. "Uh- sorry, a little flustered? I like them, not sure about any other girl." Sam had been prepared to call it, to go for the salamanders, but Monroe's statement made him change his mind.

"We may be here all day. My advice: Get her something that isn't jewelery." Daniel spoke out about the situation, and it seemed to turn everything Sam knew upside down. What could he possibly be talking about? Daniel seemed to detect his confusion so she explained. "You don't know her that well, further, jewelery is something you get girlfriends, not friends. Besides, most of the jewelery here is tacky. I let you go back with this they will assume I'm not helping you." Sam wasn't sure, he always saw guys giving girls jewelery on television and film, all over the commercials and advertisements as well. however, his thoughts didn't follow with his mouth as Daniel broke into his body.

"You know what, I think jewelery might be a bit to forward. Perhaps I could find her something more simple that has less of a connotation to it. Is there a store here that sells homemade Candies or other sweets? I feel a nice and simple gift like that best represents my sentiments." In Sam's body Daniel put a hand on Julien's shoulder. "I'm sure a charming guy like you would know where we can find such items?" Daniel winked at him before looking at the other two people.

"Oh, Monroe, New Guy, you are free come with with us." Daniel picked up the heart earrings from the table and handed them to Monroe. "I'm sure Julien here will still get those for you." The sudden shift in confidence and posture was highly noticeable. He walked and talked as if he controlled the room. Even the Merchant noticed and was stunned with confusion from the sudden transformation.

"Are you really hitting on Julien with my body! I'm telling you, I'm not gay!"
Sam while upset, also wanted to see how Daniel would handle things.

Julian raised his eyebrows with excitement after Sam experienced such a tone shift. He was getting a little uncertain with Monroe and Sam, he wasn't sure whether they were going to argue or not. However Sam just became an entirely different kind of guy. Julian liked mysteries and he liked the not-so-subtle wink he was given by Sam. So maybe he was winning, he was moving in with a guy that was playing hard-to-get. Julian wasn't surprised, he viewed himself as a stud nonetheless. Still, he was surprised by Sam's sudden vocabulary.

"So you want candies or something?" Julian said with a big smile. He was definitely excited now to hang out with the guy. "Sure, simple gifts. That's probably a good move," Julian started thinking what gifts to give to Sam. "Do you think that he's a simple gift guy too?" Julian asked Marco

"Honestly, why are you asking me?" Marco said as he was taken aback just as much by the tone shift as Julian was. "I really can't believe that he's doing this to you. I mean, its so, what's the word, unprecedented."

"Relax Marco," Julian said amidst Marco's protests that he was relax. "You are just seeing a Master in action, plus he probably just wants to use me for my money. Don't worry though, half the fun of having money is to spend it on cuties. I can win his heart over time, that wink was a little too genuine."

"I think something more is happening here, Julian..." Marco said but was rather ignored by Julian.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you want dude, I am buying for you." Julian said returning to his conversation to Sam. "Though don't think you gotta buy just for this girl. I mean she isn't even your girlfriend yet. A guy's got to think about himself too, his needs and all, yah know?" Julian said winking back to Sam and giving him a nod.

His attention then turned to Monroe, whose voice turned a bit adorable before Sam switched tones himself. "You sure you don't want anything else, babe?" Julian offered. He didn't mind spending some extra money, even if Monroe and him were going to be just friends. He liked the way she looked and may need her around if Sam changes his mind again. "I am going to probably get some stuff elsewhere after this, but like my bud Sam said: you both are free to come along. In fact, Babe and New Guy, I want both of you to come."

There was a sudden shift in Sam's behavior, he was more confident, more verbose in his opinion. Not to mention how easily the boy touched the man that he had previously dodged. Then there was that wink- Monroe felt awkward watching the two of them, especially with Julian responding so well. "Are you sure you two don't want to be left alone?" she says, quirking a brow.

Monroe eyes the earrings in her hand, smiling genuinely at this new Sam despite his drastic shift in personality. Although Penny had been interested in the earrings before, she was left whimpering from Monroe's outburst. "I'm sorry Moonie" she cried, wanting to be comforted by the woman, who only replaced the earrings on the table.

"There is something you can give me..." Monroe trails, meeting the man's eyes "but it's not jewellery."

The transition is easy, mostly because Penny doesn't expect it when Monroe allows her control over her body. For once, they work together as Monroe springs forward and hugs the taller man, tucking her head under his own. Her eyes are wet from Penny's emotions, but the little girl is happy to feel the warmth of a body, as Monroe doesn't usually go out of her way to touch people.

With Penny in her body, she is practically clasped around him and Monroe actually has to pry her away from him. "I just wanted some comfort" Monroe's in control again, Penny is too giddy to notice that she swept it away from her. At least Penny had directed the barrage at Julian and not Sam- who would have probably passed out. "So, how about that candy shop...?" she attempts to brush off the out of character moment by pushing past the two.

Julian could tell Monroe felt a bit awkward about Sam's reactions. It was then that Julian knew he wasn't hallucinating, that there was a distinct shift. Not that Julian disliked switches, he kind of thought it was an interesting relationship. He even knew a guy who was several different people. He was taken some tight shit, shit that Julian only took once with the guy. Thinking on it now, he wasn't sure where he met that guy, when it was all said and done he was just in his bedroom. He only remembered the weird green color jeans of the guy.

"Are you sure you two don't want to be left alone?"
Monroe told him.

Julian thought quickly, he knew that Monroe was going to leave if he didn't act fast. Maybe he was a bit too excited about Sam, maybe she didn't think he was interested in her. "Relax Julian," he told himself. "You got this..."

Julian was going to say something to lure Monroe back in but before he could say anything, the woman's tone changed when she spoke up. She talked about what she wanted and how she wanted something more than Jewelry.

"I don't believe this," Marco said with astonishment to the point that even Julian was surprised. Everyone was surprising Julian at this point. As Marco rarely showed any emotions beyond just idle criticism. "How? How are these two... Someone is messing with us."

"Nah man, keep it cool. I just have this in the bag," Julian said with confidence. Julian knew he had game. He knew he had a lot of game. But Julian never conceived he had this much charisma. Monroe then came leaning in for a hug. Julian with all uncertainty hugged back. Now he was as confused as Marco. Monroe's surprising actions caused an expression change with Julian. He was off the planet now, long gone. Julian was far from relax, he had reached a tranquility that was beyond even Marco's voice. Perhaps he reached nirvana with both Sam and Monroe's comments working with him so easily.

"If you want comfort, that's all you have to say, babe..." Julian said quietly with some fake compassion, he was more jut interested in keeping Monroe around for now. However Julian was almost shocked when the woman then let go of him and pushed him aside, stating she only wanted candy.

"Are you sure you aren't being played?" Marco asked Julian with curiousity.

"Man, I don't even know. I can't even choose which one I want," Julian said with frustration. "Can't I just have both, I mean, why must a man be tortured?" Julian wasn't listening to reason really anymore. He was on a high that compared only to some of the weird stuff he had under his bed that Marco liked to use so he could gain control for some time. He was almost non-responsive in some ways, if only for a few seconds. It was enough.

"Erm, alright,"
Marco spoke up in a moment's lapse "Newguy, Sam?" Marco inquired about the two. "Onwards!" Julian said as he tried to wrap his arm around Sam's shoulders and pointed to Monroe.

Russel stands there for a moment just listening to the three banter and came to the conclusion that they were some of the oddest people he'd ever met. Not that it was a bad thing they were odd, mostly just that he could not fathom why they'd all managed to be weird at a simple flea market. He had politely denied the scarf offered to him so that he wouldn't ruin it with the meager amount of blood still present. He couldn't quite put his finger on it but there was something very disarming about the whole situation, like a bunch of stoners talking to a cop.

He'd been about to open his mouth when the woman that had been so snappy earlier seemed to do a complete 180. Russel actually felt kind of bad now that the thought of being mad at someone bipolar had even crossed his mind. "Dunno, can't really say I ever met a lady that was into frogs and the like but whatever floats your boat." They were both honestly a bit stunned as the invitation, although it would have been the nice thing to do given the owl they'd ruined.

"I've only got a bit of time but I really should..." Russel started, but Harold jumped in to quickly finish the sentence. "get out a bit more often. So why not?" The change in tone wasn't really all that bad but might seem a little off. "Dangit Harold I just wanted the get home and go to sleep, now I gotta lug these stones around." Russel argued. "Should have thought about that before we didn't immediately go. You don't see people outside of work much any more, so go have a bit of fun for once."

He sighed internally. "But...but..well dangit you didn't really leave me with any choice in the matter." The other soul just chuckled at these words. "Don't think I didn't hear the hesitation in your voice, I just made the same decision you were going to a little bit quicker."

He wiped some of the dried blood off his sleeve and forehead before hefting the backpack to get a better load-bearing position on it. "Well the name's Russel, would have been nicer to meet under better circumstances...like any time where I don't take a huge spill but oh well. Candy shop eh? Sounds like fun."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back