• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Soul Eater: A New Beginning

MattieLee said:
She giggled at him for being a pig and nodded. "Yeah, lets go" she said walking out of Deathbucks with a full stomach. She went to go see how they would be roomed up, she figured it would either be with their partners or with someone of the same gender t=if they separated the dorms.
thoug in the anime, soul and maka lived together in an appartment/dorms

Mac walked with his partner back to the DWMA. It was starting to get late, but hopefully Death the Kid was still around. They approached his office and knocked. "Excuse me? Death? We were wondering about the sleeping arrangements."

@Ink Bottle Faerie

Mac exited Death's room and turned to his partner. "Apparently there is an apartment prepared for us in Death City. Let's get over there shall we?"

He started to walk down the hall. 'I don't know if I like this. I'm not used to staying with anyone. Especially not a girl like Xen.' Mac looked away from his partner, trying to hide his blushing. He felt as if she could read his mind, and he didn't like it. Yet, it was because she knew what he was thinking that she could help hims so much. 'You're a wreck. Maybe it would have been easier if you'd never been born.'

[[ooc// I miss one night for a date and now the thread's forward several pages! Would you like to time skip to say they've had practice together then left until the next morning?]]

'So you're aware how to use me?,'Break asked in a hollow tone that rang out from the dagger, rather enjoying the freedom of movement Cross had with him. He was used to people that would make muggers laugh in pity. But Cross seemed confident enough to keep him from stabbing her while they got around. And there was no conflict with this form, not if he kept up the same attitude he did using her as a Weapon. Figuring he had better explain anyway, Break mentioned, 'It's pretty simple, anyway. Just attack the opponent's weapon with the back of the blade and twist. Usually gets results.'

Break didn't really mention that he wasn't typically a primary weapon. At best, sword breakers through history were an off-hand extra in duels. However, his pride prevented him from simply owning up to a permanent second fiddle. He wasn't going to take on a Meister who couldn't handle a knife and do so well. Maybe if this mission went well Break would start instructing her in the pseudo-CQC that his clan had always practiced.

'Remember to be aggressive and focus on attacking the opponent's offensive measures first. I promise that I'm strong enough to field any weapon you need me for.'

"I think we'll do just fine together... I have no problem using knives and I think I might be able to use you with my self-wield..."

Cross grinned, realizing that though he had not mentioned it himself she had realized that he wasn't a primary use weapon. It suited her just fine either way and it would save her some suffering in the wielding department later. She would figure out some better ways to work with him and he would probably be able to better instruct her on efficient usage as she would be able to do with him. For now the two were simply going to stick with some basics. She worked a bit more with trying to accustom herself with his weapon form and then offered him further instructions for her use, sticking with the trigger pressures to alternate between her machine gun firing and her rifle firing as well as being able to move a bit more fluidly with her in his grasp. The two practiced for a few more hours before separating for the night.

[Time skip achieved and it's fine dates are important for those of us who go on them... xD ]

Day 1 has ended. If you have not returned to your apartment yet you have 1 last chance to do so. If you have already returned to your apartment then do not post any in character messages until I post that Day 2 has begun.

Xen

X waited for her weapon as he talked to Death The Kid about the living arrangements and came out to tell her that they would be living in the same apartment in death city. "So I was right, they did pair weapon and meister together and didn't separate by gender" She saw him blushing and just smiled. She thought it was kind of cute he was nervous over something like that. She really didn't find the fact that she was going to be living with him that awkward at all, she was just used to that sort of thing. There weren't many female samurai after all so she grew up around guys all the time. She followed her partner to the apartment and looked at him feeling a little concerned when his expression changed. It was all in his eyes, there was something bothering him "What's wrong?..."

Mac took in a quick breath when his partner asked the question. 'So she could practically read his mind after all. Maybe not get specific details, but she knew something was wrong.'

Finally he turned around and looked his partner in the eyes, "You do so much for me Xen. I have nothing that I can offer in return except for insecurity and checkered past. Heck, even my weapon form is a challenge! All I'm doing is causing you trouble, and I can't bear it."

Xen

Her eyes softened as they arrived at the apartment. She frowned at him "How many times do I have to tell you before you get it?, your not a hindrance to me as long as you can just believe in yourself is all I ask, for your own sake I think you really should trust yourself more" She would say that as many times as she had to until it got through that thick skull of his, he was her weapon and so far the only one who hasn't left her. He wasn't holding her back if anything she was, she wasn't as strong of a meister as she should be and that's why her weapon had left her. At least in her mind that's what she thought that she just wasn't good enough for him. "Either way you need to get some rest" She was thankful that they at least had the decency to give them an apartment with separate rooms. She headed to the room on the left and put up a scroll with the kanji peace love and strength on her wall and then went to sleep so she could be ready for the next day.

Mac moved into his own room and dropped his stuff on the floor, not bothering to unpack anything yet. He wasn't sure if he wanted to stay. She didn't understand how he was holding her back, which he liked. But it was because of this that he felt he needed to disappear. He couldn't let her continue to be burdened by him. But, should he say goodbye?

After a few minutes of thought, Mac sat back up in his bed. He listened to hear if she was still awake. Convinced that she wasn't, he picked up his backpack and started quietly for the door. Tears welled up in his eyes as he gripped the handle. She had been so kind to him, and he would even go as far as to say that he loved her. Yet no matter how hard he tried, he would always be bogged down by the curse of the Star Clan. Perhaps she could hold him up, but then she could excel with someone else. He couldn't hold her back. So he slowly opened the door, wincing as it creaked a little.

Soleil walked to her apartment and opened the door. She was confused on how she was gonna share an apartment with Aidan. Of course it was doable, but she wasn't used to living with the opposite gender besides her brother and her dad. She entered the apartment and looked around at her surroundings. It was a nice, cozy apartment and she was excited to have a roommate. She always wanted to have a roommate and this would give her a big chance to get to know her partner. "Well, welcome to our humble abode." Soleil said, throwing her backpack on the couch. It was getting kind of late, but she wasn't that tired. It might just be another night of her up late. She didn't mind, though.

Bonavie tilted her head, "I'm going to our apartment, I'll meet you there," and she turned and walked away without letting him get in another word. She walked through the cool night air, until she reached the apartment she would be sharing with her apartment. It was an all around decent place, she wasn't very nervous about sharing it. She saw no reason to be, really, as she never saw the other gender as this weird creature. She saw her brother had dropped off her things, and quickly went through her night routine and changed into one of her frilly nightgowns, for she was nothing if not extravagant(ly cute). She walked back into the living, and wondered to herself what she would do, for she wasn't tired, not yet.

Earlier, before leaving the school for the night, Break had stormed the office and made the arrangements. As per the usual, the people working there had been convinced to just let him have this one, as talking him out of a mission would have been far too difficult. Break had a certain annoying stubbornness about him that made getting these assignments a fight for everyone else to try to stop. He had the details in hand, and was studying them at their meeting point near the school hours ahead of the time set for them to meet.

Break studied each line of the Witch's face from the provided picture, trying to think of some weak point in the armor he could exploit. It was a all a careful calculation on his part, having spent the night looking for diagrams or photos of Stein's old lab. As it happened, scientists working closely with Lord Death didn't have a habit of spreading around information that could hurt them. The most he could get out of this was an anonymous account or two from previous students about how terrifying the place was. Break hated going in blind, especially since he was going to be trusting Cross to keep him in weapon form while they cased the location. He'd be navigating to the best of his ability from Weapon form in an ideal version of all of this.

There Break sat in the peace of early morning attempting to work out any details he possibly could.

After he was out the door, Mac walked for a while. Then he looked back to the door. 'Am I really doing what's best for her? Or am I just chickening out? What am I thinking. I'm a Star. Yes I have weaknesses, and being a Star is a curse. But it also comes with a ton of awesome powers. Besides, I'm pretty sure I'm the first known Star weapon. Gosh Mac, why won't you give it a chance?'

Moving back toward the apartment slowly, Mac tried to open the door. It was then that he remembered that he left the key on the table, and he had locked it on his way out. "Aw crud!"

Pulling up his hood, Mac huddled against the wall of his house, near the door. It was the best he could do under the circumstances. He just hoped it didn't rain.

Cross stood outside, glancing up at the sky. She was on her apartments balcony, the closest she really ever got to being in her apartment. The spacious but still practical one bedroom was more than enough for her since she barely ate and even more rarely slept. It pretty much existed solely as a space to house her clothes, books, and half finished projects. The bed always looked untouched and the fridge held little more than soda and a few trays of sweets. Hopping up to stand on the railing she sighed, gazing out over the city. She liked this place well enough, it was an interesting mesh of all sorts of strange and unusual things. Grinning softly she stepped of the railing plummeting towards the ground. Her apartment was on the thirteenth story which made the drop all the more fun as the air rushed up to meet her. She hit the ground with a force that jolted her bones, landing in a crouch on the now cracked pavement.

Straightening out she yawned her bones popping audibly back in to place. She brushed of her pants, well half of them, seeing as only the left side of her leather pants had a full leg, the right was cut like shorts and the rest of her leg was covered by wine purple fishnet. She flipped the sleeves of her straight jacket back, tilting her head to the side to swing her ponytail of of the way as the clasps connected. Humming to herself she decided to go for a stroll. She wouldn't have to be at school for the witch hunting mission until later so she might as well enjoy a nice walk. Picking a random direction she started walking.

"Don't run from me, I'm not a monster," Atsoku yelled as he pursued Realm. A hard statement to believe while he was in his demon form. All she did was scream and run, through the fog she ran, unable to see what was ahead of her. He yelled for her to stop over and over, but every time he opened his mouth she just sprinted forward faster, unhumanly fast. Suddenly her screams stopped, Atsoku listened for her. Splash. He feared the worst, walking cautiously ahead. He found himself standing above a cliff, above the ocean, above the blood spattered rocks. He couldn't handle the pain he now felt, he thought that her death was his fault; though in some ways, it was. He began to inch closer and closer to the cliff, looking for her body lost in the waves; no more than a tear fell from his face. "What the hell," he twisted around only to see Realm alive with a completely evil smile on her face, pushing him off the edge.

Atsoku sprang up in his bed, breathing heavily. The head rush hit him and his vision blurred, "just a dream idiot." He sighed, and threw his feet off of the bed and rubbed his eyes looking over at his clock, it read five forty-five just like any other day. 'Why her? Why is it always her?' He asked himself over and over. He rose from his bed, half dead; he headed for the shower. Once out, he turned on his stereo and began getting ready for his day. He threw on his black jeans, and a white undershirt, over-top was his favorite blue hoodie, he quickly put on his shoes and threw his headphones around his neck. 'Today's mission day, I better grab an extra pill or two,' with that he swallowed his two pills and put an extra in his pocket.

He headed out the door, locking it behind him. He strolled over to the stairway and traveled down, he exited the building and took in the air of the outside world. He pulled up a map on his phone and found a small cafe just up the street, right on the way to school. Before putting it back in his pocket, he pulled up the time, 'six twenty-seven, about two hours until classes start.' He walked casually down the sidewalk to the cafe, he needed food and hoped a coffee would wake him up a bit. He ordered his coffee black, and a couple of pastries and brought them to the seats outside, and began to enjoy his morning.

Death the Kid

Kid had fallen asleep in his office once again. The large round room that seemed to be endless, which was of course an illusion, had seemed to be his home the past few days. He had a house of his own, a completely symmetrical little house only eight minutes away from the school. He easily could have walked home, but he had simply been too busy. He was sitting at a desk that was in the middle of the raised platform of the office. Behind him was his looking glass, where he could view the activities of students and communicate with them from afar. In front of his was the entrance to the room, a long hallway lined with arches that looked like guillotine blades.

He had fallen asleep behind his desk, two symmetrical stacks of paper on either side of him. He had spent the entire night reviewing and filling out mission details, as well as assessing the progress of older students and accounting for souls consumed over the break period. Being headmaster had proven to be a difficult task, but Kid was more than happy to accept it. His father was eternal, and being eternal he was bound to get bored from time to time. Death wanted to rest for a few years, and now that Kid was of age he could do so in peace. Kid checked his watch, noting that it was hours before students would be arriving. Kid shook his head and ran a hand through his hair as he rose from his seat. He would get changed- into a suit this time and not his reaper cloak- and compose himself for the day. And then he would return to his paperwork, waiting behind his deask for the inevitable flood of students looking for their first mission.

Realm Watcher

Realm woke up with a jolt. Not because she was scared or surprised, but simply because she was alert. She never dreamed. Ever. She rose from bed after only four and a half hours of sleep, the same amount she usually got. Stone-faced and not remotely tired she made her way to the bathroom, which was adjoined to her room. Her apartment was small, meant for one person to live in, but her bathroom was ridiculously tiny. A small shower with standing room only stood in the corner, and the toilet and sink were crammed right next to each other at the opposite end of the room. There was a small cracked mirror above the sink, but Realm never looked in it. Instead, kept her eyes on the floor. She hadn't showered the night before, and decided now was a better time than ever, considering she had a few hours before school. She hopped into the stuffy shower and turned the water on cold. She usually showered in cold water, and did't generally think anything of it, but this morning she was in for a shock.

The moment the cold water hit her skin her thoughts flew into a sharpened clarity. She instantly remembered the boy from yesterday with the powerful and freezing soul. She clearly recalled him slamming the wall in front of her for a mission. The feeling of his soul. The slashed and broken trees. Headphones. His skin, uncovered. Ice. Cold. Frozen. STOP, she screamed at herself inside her head, feeling almost dizzy. Those were not thoughts she was prepared to think about. They had forced her way into her head. What was it about that stupid boy that demanded her attention so fully? She needed to get out of this tiny apartment.

Realm clenched her fists to stop herself from screaming and finished her shower bitterly. Once she was dried she threw on a white tank top and buttoned a black sleeveless vest up over top of it. She quickly pulled on purple tights and jean shorts to cover her legs before lacing up her black and white sneakers. She left her room hurriedly. On the way out she stopped by her fridge and grabbed an apple and a carton of milk. She threw them both in a bag by the door, which already contained a cell phone, ear buds, paper, pens, a water bottle, and a first aid kit. Finally she grabbed her keys off the key hook and stepped out of her apartment, slamming the door behind her. It felt like she could breath again.

She glanced around quickly, seeing if the coast was clear, and then sighed. She put her hands in her pockets and a lazy, laid back smile formed on her face. She began to walk casually out of the building and into the early morning city, groggy and sluggish under the rising sun. She walked down the street, passing newly opening shops and early risers on her way. She smelled coffee and freshly baked pastries all around her, and her stomach growled in interest. Realm chuckled lazily and pulled her apple out of her bag. She took a bite and continued down the street to school, lost in thought as she continued to hold her pretend smile and relaxed pace.

(Did you know my favorite thing in the world is not getting alerts & forgetting to post because I'm retarded?)

When they came back to the apartment Aidan looked around. This place was cozy. He'd always been used to a pretty large house, his family was semi-rich. This seemed so much more simple, and he kinda liked it. He was tired though. Very tired. He felt that his lack of sleep as of late was catching up him. "Well, welcome to our humble abode." He couldn't keep himself from slightly grinning when he heard it. He was gonna live here for some time, wasn't he? With a roommate on that. A female roommate, too. Damn. Some people would consider themselves very lucky about that he'd think.

"Yeah, heh. I kinda like it." He looked around in the kitchen, bedrooms, and bathrooms. It was all nice and tidy. Finally, he went up to the couch, and slid down onto the floor with his back against it. He was tired of standing up. It occurred to him pretty quickly that he wasn't willing to stand back up, though. He tried to force his eyes open, but it didn't really work. It didn't take very long at all before his eyes fell shut, and his breathing slowed down. Well, that's one way to sleep.

He awoke with a jolt. Had something bothered him?.. No clue. It was still pretty dark outside, but the light of the sun sent streaks in the sky, so it couldn't be that early, right? He picked up his phone, and took a look. 4:27AM. Shit. He wasn't gonna be able to fall asleep again. He looked down at himself. Well, he was already dressed, he thought with a silent chuckle. He got off the floor and switched his clothes to a pair of cargo shorts, and a thin sleeveless hoodie. The traditional training clothing was never something he'd been able to wear. He thought they were uncomfortable. Going through his backpack, he found a small jar of instant coffee. He prepared some and forced it down his throat. He didn't even like coffee very much, but this instant stuff... Yeah, he only ever drank it if he had to. He left the jar on the counter, with a note saying "Help yourself, if you don't mind the shit taste."

He walked outside into the comfortable morning air. Some might consider it chilly, but Aidan loved it. He had bigger problems with heat than cold. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and started walking towards the school. He wasn't the first one to awake in the city, it seemed, but then again, some time had passed since he woke up. Some shop owners seemed to be up and doing things already, and he came across a couple people out for an early-morning jog as well. He could spot the enormous stairs of DWMA from here. Perhaps he should just run up and down them a couple of times?.. He wasn't the first one here though. He could spot some girl far ahead of him.

He raised his hand and scratched his chin, like he often did when he thought about something. Should he approach the girl? He had this tendency to scare people, and he didn't really want to. On the other hand, meeting new people couldn't hurt, and friendships equals allies, right? That's two against one. He sighed, and approached the girl. "Good morning. I thought I was the only one with sleep issues. You okay?" He scratched his long hair out of his face. The girl was cute, he supposed. Long black-ish hair, moderately tall, and a bit of a gothic look to her. He realized how much of a sucker he was for these types of girls, and suddenly the situation got a bit awkward. He quickly forced himself to ignore it though. He wasn't here for that anyway.

@Idyllia

@Ink Bottle Faerie

Hannah looked at Ryushi, "I have never actually wielded a sword before, but your pretty light to me. Im used to like maces and other things like that, because thats what i trained with before coming here." She smiled and laughed "What did you think a girl like me would have a hard time with a skinny boy like you!" She said as she jumped in the air and did a back flip while thrusting the sword forwards underneath her. "Its almost a piece of cake!

@Refaulted

Cameron just looked at her leave and said to himself, "Your partner. Thats sounds like a plan. I hope you know that you are completely adorable!" He then looked at her and began to follow her. He knocked on her apartment door and when she answered he just asked "So you wanna go and train? I have a couple friends that you should meet, because after all one of them is my best friend!"

@Captain Arabella

Last edited by a moderator:
@CelticHero37

Xen

X woke up in the morning well rested and ready for the day ahead. She grabbed the keys that were somehow on the table "Huh?" she looked around the apartment and couldn't find Mac anywhere... she walked outside to find him at the front door with his hood up and looked like he had fallen asleep out there. She leaned down on her knees and poked his nose. "Hello?, Dude wake up, how the heck did you end up out here anyways?" They still had to report to kid and tell him about their decision to take on the kishin in Africa.

Mac slipped off his hood and looked Xen in the eyes, "Well, I was just... I mean... I thought that if you could do awesome things with me, that you'd be even better with someone who didn't cause you so much trouble. But then I thought I should probably write a letter to say goodbye. Because you had treated me better than anybody else has ever done. But, I locked myself out, and now I'm here. I didn't want to tell you this in person, but I didn't have the heart to leave without telling you."

Soleil woke up ready to start the day and accept a mission for her partner. She started making breakfast as maybe Aidan would like some. She was surprised that he wasn't awake yet, he seemed to be a determined early riser. She made eggs and bacon, simmering them until they were perfect. She loved cooking, she didn't know exactly why. Soleil ate her breakfast and headed into the bathroom. Her fiery crimson red hair was showing at the roots, she needed to dye it again. She sighed, missing her old color of her hair. It reminded her too much of the past though, the innocent blood shed with her help. Shaking her head, she hid her roots with a beanie and left her hair at it's natural state- straight. She felt kind of lazy about her appearance today, kind of forgetting she had a mission today. Soleil dressed impractical for fighting. Turning on the tv, she sat on the couch. It wasn't time to head to DWMA yet and she was bored. Where was Aidan? She asked herself, adjusting her beanie. She was bored and wanted to practice before school. He couldn't be still sleeping, could he?

Xen

She sighed and looked at Mac. "How many times do I have to tell you that your not going to drag me down, you ARE my equal and only YOU can be my weapon got it? I'm starting to get tired of you talking about yourself as if your weak and a nuisance because you aren't"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back