• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Shattered Universe

Thinslayer

Once upon a time, there were seven immortal heroes.

One hero was a panther, a mighty beast.

One hero was a gunslinger, a hardened killer.

One hero was a knight, tough as nails.

One hero was a magician, a cunning schemer.

One hero was a hunter, one with nature.

One hero was a leader, tall and strong.

One hero was a lady, gentlest of all.

The leader said to the panther, "Go find the lost."

The leader said to the gunslinger, "Go arrest the criminals."

The leader said to the knight, "Go slay the dragons."

The leader said to the magician, "Go control the masses."

The leader said to the hunter, "Go kill the monsters."

The leader said to the lady, "Go destroy the demons."

The leader said to himself, "Go rule them all."

Of seven immortals, one remains.

Which immortal lived the longest?

Primary Objective: Learn How to Roleplay in "Shattered Universe"

Secondary Objective: Eliminate the Void presence

Vessel Selected: Crescent Valkyrie-class Warp Fighter "Undine"

You awaken as nameless subsystems on board the Autonomous Warp Fighter "Undine." You are all part of a sentient fighter craft. Your mission, as described above, is to push back the Void encroaching on allied territory belonging to the S.A.T.O. Alliance. The Alliance is unaware of the threat or your presence. The Warp Fighter is armed with only one weapon, the Small Encephalo Emitter Droid nanoparticles, or S.E.E.D. This nanomachine is controlled by the brain (you) to do whatever you want it to. You can build things up and tear things apart at a whim. It's easier if you have a blueprint, though, and the Warp Fighter comes pre-installed with the blueprints for its own basic hull design, engines, shielding, and Hyperwarp Phaser Emitters, better known as "Death Rays" by less intelligent folk.

Your enemy is the Void, which is made up of similar (and less advanced) nanoparticles not unlike your own, called Void Seed. Its entire existence is transmitted through Void Seed, giving it awesome collective power rivalling the best minds in the Crescent Empire. In this brief scenario, you will fight a losing battle against them. There are fifty warp fighters in your squad, and you are up against one thousand Void Pods. Good luck, and happy hunting!

>Neural nets online. Science systems activated. 1000 bogies due 0x 0y 0.8z astronomical units ahead. All systems go. Awaiting orders.<

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't the faintest idea. Just start writing here until I get it figured out. xD

EDIT: Figured it out. The tab system has been eliminated, it turns out.

Why not just create your own rp forum instead of loads of threads? This is weird to look at. 0-o

I'm not certain about how it works, but there is a "Hosted Projects" Tab on the site's dashboard that makes a sort of miniature forum, with multiple threads contained in it. Give it a look, I think that's how these sorts of things are supposed to be done around here. ;3

@Thinslayer

Hosted Projects aren't for everyday RPs. They're for big hosted projects. I just want OOC and Character Sheet threads. The new site doesn't have any such things built into the main threads, so I have to link to them myself.

Can we begin RPing now?

Actually I think that's what you're meant to do anyway, despite the size of the project. :P  But it's fine i guess, we can do it this way.

Also it'd be really great to get that character sheet up so we can start making characters. :D  @Thinslayer

I finally located the info I'd typed up for this game. Everyone please view the OOC thread for an overview of the game. All future discussions from here on out should occur there. Also, the character sheet template is up. I'll add more info as time permits, so if you have any questions, now is the time to ask them.

so.....whats wif the tutorial ? O_o

Also, a lot of ppl kinda booked jobs in the interest check and/or an earlier version of this story right?
So can i pick any jobs which is still available (based on current registered characters) or have anyone called dibs on any?

@Thinslayer

There are no dibs. It's a free for all on everything except the roles existing characters have. :3

You can do whatever jobs are available. There are no dibs - you can switch jobs at any time.

The tutorial is just that - a story-based lesson or practice in how this game works. You can post at any time. And anybody can be the commander.

(We should stop talking here. Let's do this in the OOC thread for now. Although I do wish you'd make a hosted project area for this @Thinslayer :P )

Gunner002 gritted his teeth in exasperation as he laid back on his chair. His eyes closed as he was lost in thought. "What were the higher-ups thinking? Sending 50 ships to against a whole army. This is suicide.", he said with a faintly agitated voice through the local comms channel. The odds weren't even remotely good for the squad. He wasn't even sure why he said what he did out loud. It didn't provide any form of motivation to the rest; in fact, all it did was probably the complete opposite. He was convinced that the thought had been on everyone's mind but none of them had to courage to say it out loud. He wasn't one to complain about work but this mission seemed completely absurd to him.

He shook his head in an attempt to shrug off the feeling of dread before sighing. He lightly tapped his cheeks a few time before opening his eyes to the familiar targeting reticle displayed on the HUD. 'Anyway....I'm not being paid to think of how the troops are being deployed...... I just need to do my job and take out as many of them as i can so we'd have the best chance of surviving this shit-storm.', he finally decided.

The comms crackle and a friendly voice breaks through the interference. "Our odds are better than expected. This is only a portion of their fleet, most of which is in reserves." This only elevated the level of anxiety shared by the crew. Despite the overwhelming force, it was only the beginning.

>Timeline anomaly detected!<

There are no human crew aboard the Crescent Warp Fighter "Undine." You were supposed to play as A.I. subroutines. Please make sure you are not using your permanent characters, because this vessel is unlikely to survive the coming conflict. Issuing timeline correction...

>Timeline correction<

The Undine possesses human monitors to ensure the ethical and effective operation of the vessel. You may override the autonomous systems at any time.

Welcome aboard the Undine.

Activating Seed. Constructing particle arrays.

The sides of the ships melted and re-formed into plasma particle cannons.

>$command: attack nearest valid target at range

>$engineering:

Reducing thrust to 50%.

Reducing shields to 50%.

Increasing weapons to 200%.

>$science: Identifying targets.<

>recommend attack Void Dreadnought, shield frequency 30, graviton array subsystem activated

>$weapons: attacking Void Dreadnought, setting beam frequency to 30, targeting graviton array subsystem

>$helm: preparing for stationary evasive maneuvers

The Undine shut off the engines and fired off a withering volley of plasma fire at the Voids. Five Void Pods crumbled to dust.

>$comms, +warpfighter squad 1

request linking volley

>$science: Voids focus-fire on squad 1. Recommend haste & evasive maneuvers.

>$command: concern noted

Msg to humans: I am about to link up with ten other warp fighters to fire a spread blast from out of enemy effective firing range. When they come within range, we will switch to brawling/disintegration tactics. Approve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back