Saga of the Seven Sins - The Second Cycle

The character would need to have a noteworthy amount of medicine to graft one, which he does not.

I adjusted to a Maxton without the Daiklave and crafting. Still refrained from any high essence combat charms with exception of Guarding Star Tactics, but seeing as that is just an enabler for mass combat perfect parries defending a unit, I figured that was tame enough to leave in the build.

Hmm, that's a shame. I actually really liked the crafting aspect of him; it fit well with Viktor's empire-building ambitions. What'd you replace it with?

I suppose its' too much to hope that we could have some nation-building on the side?

*Cough*

I'm actually currently working on a Defiler Favoring the Ebon Dragon.. whose main focus is going to be Medicine/Genesis, and Nation-scale social combat/War...

WarDragon said:
Hmm, that's a shame. I actually really liked the crafting aspect of him; it fit well with Viktor's empire-building ambitions. What'd you replace it with?
I suppose its' too much to hope that we could have some nation-building on the side?
I had that hope too, but I guess that's not gonna be much of a thing for this game.

The short of it is that I replaced it with an action long counterattack, scene long penalty negation for parry DV, suprise negation, and immunity to environmental effects.

With everyone ducking out of combat stuff and the gimped artifact creation stuff, I decided to go for something that kept everyone alive.

At least Maxton still has Legendary Warrior Curriculum if we start training up troops.

That works. The immunity to environmental damage is handy, since I can make an environmental hazard on demand.

In as much capacity as I feel compelled to argue in favor of my character, I would like to try and argue against the flurry breaker on Maxton. By the rules as I understand them, it can't work for two reasons:

1. Maxton was using a counter attack, which cannot be responded to with another counter attack charm (ie. Foe Shaming Defense)

2. Maxton's attacks were not part of an actual flurry to begin with. They apply individually against every attack.

At the end of the day though I'm in favor of whatever wraps up combat in an awesome, but succinct manner.

Also, don't forget the huge-ass cloud of fire that I just left hanging around last turn... not to whine, but if those are just going to be ignored (or if every enemy has a Survival 5 environmental immunity charm) can I unspend the mots and/or xp?

Haha, burn, Abyssals, burn! Does that mean their time shenanigans get them set on fire four times as often?

Also, retooling Opal to be social was knee-jerk and a bad fit for the campaign. She doesn't add very much complexity, anyway. Now that she and Three both know the other have flurry breakers it's pretty much just going to be single perfect attacks until someone runs out of motes. Classic 2e.

I don't think it was your turn to attack yet WarDragon. I'll double check shortly. And as for Maxton's attack, I'll change it to your standard action-long perfect. The fight will reach the final phase after you guys respond to damage and stuff.

Edit: Yeah. It wasn't your turn Viktor according to the battle time counter. You attack WILL not go to waste, assuming that you don't change it according to what happens at the ??? mark part.

Sorry guys I'm a bit confused here, so all my attacks were parried right? Did I hide successfully, am I the target of any attacks? If not, is it Saif's tick to act now?

Your attacks were parried but you hid successfully. You are not targeted by any attacks.

However, you are not able to move yet. That comes later on.

It's... it's not my action, sorry. It's automatic, every turn for the rest of the scene, or someone uses Sapphire Countermagic on it. Necromancers can dispel it with Labyrinth Countermagic if they're of at least equal Essence to me, Void if not.

Waiting on Saif. :)

Oh darn, is it my turn to act? I got confused by the "you can't move yet" bit so I thought it wasn't my turn, my apologies. I'm traveling to Ireland for the holidays, so for the next two days I'll be a bit busy as I'll be on the air and between airports, so please feel free to skip my turn and continue, I'll post again when I land.

Waiting for the damage rolls to resolve before the next phase of combat.

I need those damage resolve rolls from Wardragon and Rykon. If not, I'll just skip you guys and assume you can block all the strikes and damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back