Saga of the Seven Sins - The Second Cycle

Right, sorry about that. I made the perception+awareness and did that. The rolls are counterattacks vs saif, and due to my splitting headache I messed up with the ticks. I assumed that you have speed 4 and doubled it. Sorry. It's currently your turn saif, you act on tick 6.

Haha, you have nothing to apologize for, Seeker. Even if things are confusing I bet people are having fun trying out that huge mess of Charms they've cooked up. I'll look into making a non-combat character - that way when combat breaks out there will at least be less to keep track of.

Okay, updated Opal to be a social monster capable of turning everyone Marlon has ever known against him and reducing his House to a distasteful memory in about a day. Clearly only heroic efforts on the part of the Terrestrial Host and the Five-Score Fellowship have prevented her from completely gutting the Realm, and she's probably been responsible for every revolution and slave revolt in the Satrapies for the last century.

The only disappointing parts are she's no longer anywhere near durable enough to have survived being backhanded by Malfeas, and she would never have fought Darian - being hit while escaping isn't unreasonable - so some changes would be in order. Doubly thankful to Saif for saving her from Sidereal murderage, as she's very vulnerable to that now.

Viktor just has to say the word and Gem will be deposing the Despot and worshipfully kneeling before him before dinner. ( ;) )

Action has been posted, also I'm not sure if there were two attacks from Five aimed at me, if they were I would be able to parry them as well, just didn't included them as I wasn't sure I was the target of them. I'm terribly sorry for the headache I cause, I'll definitely retire Saif after this, and do a character a bit easier to deal with overall, don't want to drain you of the joy of STing.

Lol. the headache wasn't your fault. I was just really dehydrated. It's completely separate. I just had a headche when I was posting the information. Keep using Saif, it's up to you.

If the Daiklave of Conquest is causing frustration now, I take it that Maxton making gunzosha armor, warstriders, celestial battle armor, etc. is a bit much then... That is unfortunate.

Not much point in being a Magitech crafter then or even taking followers/allies. It's cool an all for flavor but the investment is like 1/3-1/2 of the character.

I'm fine with making armor and stuff, but it's going to cost you xp to actually use. I can deal with CBA or powerarmor but stuff like warstriders, the Daiklave of Conquest, the Crown of Thunders, etc. is kind of... Well escalation can only go so far before it goes really out of hand. PM me the stuff you want to make and I'll handle it on a case-by-case basis. The daiklave of conquest is kind of overdoing it. Plus the Sins themselves are pretty powerful artifacts in their own right.

In hindsight, I should have restricted background dots rather than charm slots... Oh well.

This whole Daiklave of conquest thing is my fault. I severely underestimated how OP it would have been. I should have told you front up the it wasn't allowable. Heck, I would have preferred CBA to it.

It's just... I don't want you guys/girls curbstomping the people I come up with RIGHT as they are introduced. I want to give you guys a challenge and a fun game where the villans don't die in two attacks as soon as they're introduced. The problem is that Elder Exalts are extremely difficult to balance out, add that with my incompetence and we get a game you guys have to gut your own characters to help me out. And to be honest, it actually makes me feel worse because my incompetence as a GM is ruining the game.

I literally had to give Three a hearthstone that allowed him to automatically counter any attack given to him as well as Abyssal IBT, Marlon budget time-control, and Five a Martial art that is so ridiculous that any sane GM would not give to players and it should have been scrapped immediately at the drawing board.

I honestly don't know what to do right now. Do you want me to keep escalating the way it is? It's rough but I'll live. I would just have to keep cranking the power-level of the antagonists.

If Maxton has to pay more XP just to use what he makes, (after the 14+ or so charms it takes to enable an efficient crafting process) it's not worth the trouble on either end of the GM/Player spectrum.

Instant Lethality still readily exists at chargen unfortunately. The health box structure for white wolf games doesn't lend itself for 4+ hits to kill in the first place, unless you try and go with the assumption that all hits do minimum damage, which is depressing.

The Daiklave of Conquest isn't all that big a deal really, it's the damage output behind any given attack, which is generated by charm combos. The Daiklave of Conquest has the same damage output with double the attunement of a regular daiklave, all it really serves to do is make opponents less accurate(which if they are using an artifact weapon is pretty much just their accuracy bonus) everything else is just a measily 1 dice adjustment.

If you want tough opponents from a combat perspective all you need for Solars is Guardian Sunfire Catechism(Death's Knight Stance for Abyssals) from Ink Monkey's or Refinement of Flowing Shadows (Thousandfold Shadow Dance for Abyssals) from the Dreams of the First Age section of the Errata. This gives you a perfect Parry or Dodge, respectively, against all attacks for up to an action in length. This ensures that several attacks will not make it through the character's defenses. Additionally, if you want to mix it up or be more mote efficient, I recommend Infinite mastery for Melee, Martial Arts, or Dodge and then take Fivefold Bulwark Stance (Melee/Martial Arts) or Flow Like Blood (Dodge) in addition to a perfect soak. This allows you to crank DVs to a high level for the scene, ignore the source of most penalties (Onslaught and Coordination), and then bail with a perfect Soak should something soul shittingly powerful makes it past DVs (I know I just named only the Solar charms but mirrors do exist for all of them). For an Infernal I recommend a Gem of Adamant Skin, By Agony Empowered, and max out the Ox-Body Equivalent. This makes any lethal or bashing damage have to wrap into the Dying health levels with Agg to take out the character without them taking any wound penalties in the process (effectively trippling health box count against anything short of Agg). Note these same general tactics can be applied even with Dragon-Blooded opponents.

All of the aforementioned methods of defense require a very long process to take out, but they are fair and written in the official material.

Hmm. While I"m not attached to the Szmiya, I would prefer that the Henchman I spent background dots on and wrote a story for not get shredded in the first big fight.... there's a reason I kept Karal Ken'Ichi far away from the melee, shooting arrows and shouting advice. If nobody has anything to save him, that will likely kill him in one shot, superheavy jade plate or no.

Doesn't he have a PD? I am relatively sure that all DBs have one.

Also, how far away is he? Eight might not be able to attack him at all.

I'm sure he could eventually buy one, but he's only chargen level, according to the terms of the background. Kinda hoping he'll get to advance as we do.

He's back inside the private box, and I was assuming the fight was happening out in a hallway or the stands or something. So, ten, twenty yards or so? Not sure exactly.

Also,it looks like it's my turn again... sorry for holding things up, could have sworn we were waiting on someone else!

Anybody know what happened to Sherwood? He's been silent here, and in the DB game he's STing for a while.

He's still around. Page or PM him if you want him, he might have missed a thread notification and not be receiving them anymore.

Holy crap, I somehow missed better than two pages of mechanics discussion on here. @_@ My bad. On that subject, if anything, I'm feeling a little underpowered. Infernals don't have the immediate power ramp-up provided by I(A)M, nor clear analogs for some of the most insane stuff that Solars (and Abyssals) can pull off, and I'm a little nervous at how fast I'm burning through motes. Maybe if I were using my Shintai, but that's probably overkill for anything inside a city.

Sort of along the same lines, it kinda reduces the feeling of being a big fish in a little pond, if we run into bigger fish around every corner.

Little more thought on that... perhaps the terrifying escalation could be saved for enemies who are meant to be a Big Deal, perhaps to return and bedevil us over and over? If they're meant to be steamrolled, no need to put as much effort into them. :P

Not really sure what to do now. Crafting and the Daiklave are a bust, which were essential to the character working. Reworking that stuff out is more or less making a new character, which is fine but poorly timed presently. Should I just roll with it till the end of combat or what?

Edit: There is also the issue of reworking Maxton would worsen the threat factor against the opponents by quite a few orders of magnitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeker, are there any aspects of my character that you find problematic? And beyond that, what can we do to make running combats easier for you?

Nah, after I read about the action-long perfects and other high-level shenanigens everything seems to be under control for now. Just let me know when I start getting in and over my head.

And Rykon, you can keep the daiklave. And magitech isn't limited to warstriders and gunzosha armor. Your character as it stands is fine.

Hey- Idle question, Seeker.

I know you said you where full, but. Would you mind me pre-emptively rolling up a character for if a slot ever opens ahead of time?

[QUOTE="Seeker of the End]And Rykon, you can keep the daiklave. And magitech isn't limited to warstriders and gunzosha armor. Your character as it stands is fine.

[/QUOTE]
It's not just that holding back from warstriders/power armor defeats the purpose of playing a Dawn caste crafter. It's mostly the additional XP charge to use anything that is made, when the character already has a huge investment in charms to crank out a 5 dot Artifact or Manse in a day or two instead of a bunch of other things that would be way more useful and less of an XP sink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back