• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic RE: A Flower Cannot Bloom Without Desire - CLOSED

SleepyConley

my head hurts
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Theme Song
Flower Villain.jpg

A Flower Cannot Bloom Without Desire

━━━━━━❀━━━━━━

The Gist

Our story will take place in a futuristic, fantasy world. In this world humans are born with seeds inside them, these seeds grow as the humans age, blooming into wonderful tools or weapons that are attached to them. Our story is revolved around these blooms-powers, our characters will be apart of a Mercenary Department apart of one of the worlds leading bloom organizations, The Garden. We'll be tasked with investigating and taking down criminals/gangs inside one of the biggest cities on the planet.

A Little Bit of Info

Seeds are seed-like growths that are found within humans at birth. They can grow anywhere inside the body, but the most common spot is the wrist. Some people are born with multiple seeds, this is extremely rare, but it does happen. Seeds act like a second heart for humans in this world. If a seed is damaged or cut out, it can prove fatal. As time goes on a seed will grow and bloom, this usually happens around the age of 16, but can happen sooner or later. Seeds can bloom into anything and feed off the hosts personality and desires. When a seed blooms, it is no longer called a seed and instead is called a bloom. A bloom can be anything. It can help with all sorts of tasks. Some examples are: a flower vase with vines that have healing properties, for someone who desires to help others and wants to be a doctor. A book that has everything they've ever seen or learned in it, for those who want to educate the world and crave wisdom. A bloom that encases someones hand/wrist/arm/whatever in a gauntlet that can allow them to control elements or move things with their mind. Like I said, the possibilities are endless.

The world our story is going to take place in is called Peony. The year in this world is 2142, slightly more technologically advanced than our own. The main setting is going to be one of the major cities in this world, on an island nation. The name of the city is Umbra. Umbra is home to The Garden Organization, the biggest bloom organization. The Garden recruits those with strong blooms or those that have the potential to have strong blooms (bloodline, strong ambition/desire). The Garden employs doctors, teachers, architects, archaeologists, beast-tamers, adventurers and many other professions and have institutions all over the world. To join The Garden you have to have an exotic bloom or be very skilled in your profession. Those that join get a special license signifying your enrollment into the organization and can be used to get special treatment and discounts all over the world. Most join The Garden for wealth, fame and glory.

Rules/Expectations

As far as rules go, well, I don't have many. All I ask is that you be familiar with the RPN rules, if you're not this might be a good time to do that. Read them here. Don't kill off characters without permission from the character's owner. Don't be an idiot, simple, really. Looking for around 5 people, however if interest is high I can literally change one minor story detail and add room for an unlimited amount of people, so we'll see! You're allowed to have as many characters as you feel like you can control.

My expectation is for this roleplay to last awhile. I also ask that you be halfway literate, roleplaying is fun, I get that, but this is forum roleplay. If you don't understand basic English and Literature, please, don't sign up for this. I'm not that strict, I promise, I'm not a genius either when it comes to this stuff, but I don't want to get a headache trying to decipher what you're saying. Also I don't expect 5 paragraphs per post, yes, the more detail the better but if you simply don't have enough to write about depending on the situation then I don't want you to have to worry or stress about adding in extra details. I'm just here to have fun, write as much as you can/want.

━━━━━━❀━━━━━━

Interested? I've already began working on some lore. Our character will be apart of the mercenary division in The Garden Organization, taking on odd jobs. Once we get some more members joining, we'll start, could start tonight honestly, or whenever everyone is free.

When you finished reading the lore, check out this character sheet and make a character.

Once you've read all the lore and made a character sheet, check out the OOC thread and get to know me and everyone else. This is mandatory... I'm lonely.

Lore - Character Sheet - OOC

The main thread is a WIP but you can still check is out.

━━━━━━❀━━━━━━

I ask that you post questions, criticism and other related things in the OOC. Only post whether or not you are interested here! Let's try to keep it up towards the top until we get enough members. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Ooooh this looks intriguing! Andddd I love the fact that flower imagery seems to play a factor in here! Would love to join!

Ooooh this looks intriguing! Andddd I love the fact that flower imagery seems to play a factor in here! Would love to join!

I'm glad you like it, I've worked so hard putting this together. I have an entire ecosystem of gangs, organizations, main characters and side characters and we might not even run into some of them lol. Thank you!! Would love to have you.

I'm glad you like it, I've worked so hard putting this together. I have an entire ecosystem of gangs, organizations, main characters and side characters and we might not even run into some of them lol. Thank you!! Would love to have you.
An entire ECOSYSTEM you say?! Ahhhh this is going to be SO cool!

An entire ECOSYSTEM you say?! Ahhhh this is going to be SO cool!
Are you wanting to join? we have myself and two others ready to go. The main thread is up, but a WIP, but I'll have it done by tonight. you don't know how happy it makes me to have someone recognize my hard-ish work lol but well definitely start tomorrow or the day after that.

wowiiiee this looks so freaking cool
also: the theme song is sick lol i loved listening to it while reading!

wahhhhh didn't expect to see a reboot of this 😱 don't have enough time to join atm, but I just wanted to say that the text color is set to automatic and not white, so people using light mode won't be able to read it without highlighting ; u ;

wahhhhh didn't expect to see a reboot of this 😱 don't have enough time to join atm, but I just wanted to say that the text color is set to automatic and not white, so people using light mode won't be able to read it without highlighting ; u ;
Omg!!! I know I loved the idea and I have sooooooo much more free time now that I'm finished with college so I had to reboot. Wish you could join:( also thank you soooo much for letting me know about the automatic issue, I have a lot of editing to do lol

Omg!!! I know I loved the idea and I have sooooooo much more free time now that I'm finished with college so I had to reboot. Wish you could join:( also thank you soooo much for letting me know about the automatic issue, I have a lot of editing to do lol
I absolutely adored the flower motifs and thought the idea was super unique, so I'm glad it's back! For the time being though, I shall quietly stalk from a distance 😔 I wish you the best of luck!

Is it possible for there to be a human born without a seed in them or to have their seed taken out at a young age?

Is it possible for there to be a human born without a seed in them or to have their seed taken out at a young age?
Yes to both. Seedless people are a thing although extremely rare, so rare the news would pick up on it and you'd become somewhat famous. People having their blooms removed happens often, depending on how is the deciding factor between life and death as the seed/bloom acts as a second heart to these people. Black market organizations often leave people in the street for dead, however you could be found and took to the hospital and rescued for example. Sorry if that's confusing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back