Rags and Riches

[QUOTE="Karci Clest]May I reserve a place in this role play?

[/QUOTE]
Sure! What position would you like?

Are a few of the slum people provided with clothes? Or are the masks just a 'symbol', and not actually there to hide their identities as a poor and rich?

Not to bog you down with questions, but what stage is the technology?

(This would help in deciding what equipment to give my character pistol/rifle if flintlock, rifle/crossbow if black powder, just a crossbow, or just a bow. I'm fine regardless, but it'd be good to know.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiddencard said:
Are a few of the slum people provided with clothes? Or are the masks just a 'symbol', and not actually there to hide their identities as a poor and rich?
Yes! I figured they would be provided with clothes in order to make them all appear as equal during the ball, likely funded from the royal family and given out in the markets to whoever stops by. There will be issues that come up with this of course and other details but I'll make an update with all of the information as we get to the event.

lavenderecho said:
Is it possible for a woman to be an assassin? Or is the idea too "out of this world"?
Women can be assassins! That's what's great about fantasy :)

Nightfang said:
Not to bog you down with questions, but what stage is the technology?
(This would help in deciding what equipment to give my character pistol/rifle if flintlock, rifle/crossbow if black powder, just a crossbow, or just a bow. I'm fine regardless, but it'd be good to know.)
I want to keep this roleplay closer to medieval so no guns as weaponry. Poisons, knives, daggers, bows, crossbows, etc are acceptable, but I feel as if guns would make things much more complicated what with the high amounts of violence already in the lower town.

[QUOTE="Capn Gregginz]I'll be posting tonight. Super psyched we started!

[/QUOTE]
Looking forward to it! 
Hey everyone! I'm glad to see so many active players in this roleplay! You all are truly wonderful and I'm glad how this is moving along!

So I've been receiving several inquiries from interested people that wanted to join so I've been adding extra slots for more people. I hope that's alright, but if it's not I'd love to hear your feedback. I figure that many who join a roleplay often become inactive after a short time so I figured the more the merrier however I know that may not be a shared opinion. If you don't want anymore people to join, let me know and I'll close the RP to sign-ups after these next people join in.

Well, we sure are a lot of people. But no one is really joining each other. Lol. xD

Anyone in the slum up for a meet-up? x)

Hiddencard said:
Well, we sure are a lot of people. But no one is really joining each other. Lol. xD
Anyone in the slum up for a meet-up? x)
Ehh that's alright that tends to happen at the start since everyone is establishing their characters and introducing them to the world. I have to catch up on recent posts but if you want you can meet up with my character who is about to go on patrol for the night although

I have to see where the recent posts affect my characters actions first.

I was wondering, could I have a second character? When I first saw this roleplay I wanted to play as Sean (Seraphim's brother,) But didn't wan't to unbalance the rags/riches. I am of course fine with Seraphim, but I was curious.

Nightfang said:
I was wondering, could I have a second character? When I first saw this roleplay I wanted to play as Sean (Seraphim's brother,) But didn't wan't to unbalance the rags/riches. I am of course fine with Seraphim, but I was curious.
If it's alright, at least for now, would you be able to stick with the one character? I want to fill the Male Riches a tad more since there are only a few of those compared to the others. Just for now, you can sign him up later though once things start balancing out and I eliminate those characters who have yet to post/who contact me. 
I'm not going to make this as an announcement, but I put a little * next to the characters in the character sign-ups area of those who have posted at least once or contacted me otherwise. Anyone who within the next few days doesn't post, I am going to assume will not post and they will lose their position in the roleplay. I'm willing to give extra time to anyone who has just joined, but I will not hold your position forever. If you don't have time to post anytime soon, that's fine, just drop me a message. You don't have to explain yourself or anything just say "hey it might be a bit until I post." I'll understand and won't remove your character.

Sorry I've been AWOL- seems my notifications have been playing up, so didn't realise this had started :/ will catch up and get right to posting.

Sorry it took me a bit to get back on! To be honest, not much has happened in the roleplay so far, mostly it's been people introducing their characters, their characters' views on the situation since the King just officially announced that they planned to tear down the walls dividing the two halves of the city. There is a ball coming up which will be the first event and it's only a few days away. There are groups coming into the Low Town to hand out donated and imported fineries to the common folk so they'll blend in at the ball, and right now, my character and a few others are having a meeting in Low Town in which myself and another character were approached by a merchant lord from the nobility side. If you want to see each individual's stance and views, I highly recommend going back and reading what people posted if you get the chance, but other than that, this is most of what's happened so far.

[QUOTE="Elle Joyner]I haven't abandoned ship, just so you know!! Just waiting for the ball to start to continue :)

[/QUOTE]
No worries! Thanks for the heads up! 
Hey, so how would you guys feel about doing a time skip to the actual night of the ball to move things along faster? Now that we've all essentially established our characters, I see nothing wrong with moving forward. What do you all think?

[QUOTE="Lost Girl]Did anyone else notice that every noble female is blonde in this? We need a better describing word for them. >.<

[/QUOTE]
Perhaps fair, light, sunny or using words like "silky" to describe the hair other than simply the color.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back