Video Games Pokemon Switch Gen8?

AmethystWallflower

You can call me Amy
Is anyone else as stoked for ANY news on the Pokémon game coming out for the Switch as I am? I've been playing since the very beginning through every game. Except the card game, that was the one part of Pokémon that didn't last more than the first few years.
I'm REALLY hoping it's Gen 8, but I wont be complaining(much) about another remake, though. Let's be honest, I'll play pretty much any Pokémon game that will come out.
The new I have heard though, is that the gameplay is expected to take a large developmental leap in comparison to the leap Zelda made to the Switch. I personally don't know how they can change the game more than they already have with GO! (Which I didn't enjoy for the mere catching aspect of it, the rest of the game was great). Unless they have plans to make the map expansive like they did Zelda, but I'm not sure Nintendo is looking to make a leap like that with the Pokémon series. However, IF they did make an open map like that, I'd effectively lose my shit. It would be the game I'd been waiting for since before I knew I was waiting for it.

I'm almost 28 years old & I still want my real Pokémon, damnit lol

I still need to save up for a Switch. T.T I’m not making much money until I graduate and can get a full-time option in May, though. Maybe I can ask for one dor my birthday in September.

I NEED NEWS.
Lol but seriously, been stalking Serebii . net for any form of news of Generation 8.

I wouldn't mind a remake either (Distortion World in 3D? O.O)

but I'm really hoping for a solid new generation game. Alola had some good stuff but a lot of stuff was also needed. Like...we're surrounded by water so why is there no diving adventures and why is fishing so limited???

Any hopes for the starters?

So ive seen some leaks. It is going to be Gen 8, released in late Nov., & possibly based off the UK. The starters are rumored to be dual. One being a bug/ fire.

I am purposely missing out. I don’t like the design of the switch and it’s a shame they are no longer putting Pokémon games on the 3ds xl. It’s just a way to get more money by forcing customers to dish out hundreds of dollars for new systems and phasing out the old ones until they’re hard to find if not impossible. Maybe they will put it on 3ds xl after a few months but I doubt it since they haven’t done that past crystal.

I am purposely missing out. I don’t like the design of the switch and it’s a shame they are no longer putting Pokémon games on the 3ds xl. It’s just a way to get more money by forcing customers to dish out hundreds of dollars for new systems and phasing out the old ones until they’re hard to find if not impossible. Maybe they will put it on 3ds xl after a few months but I doubt it since they haven’t done that past crystal.
While I don't entirely disagree with you on most of that, I personally love the switch as a console. I can't say I was fully on board with them stopping game production for the Ds' so soon, I feel like they have some years left of life to them. I don't believe the analog part of the controller is really strong enough for the amount of play that's really put into them; I often hear of drifting analogs that can't really be repaired beyond cleaning. Through the Nintendo Online system, which is unfortunately is a required annual payment like PSN & Xbox, I do believe that they have already started transferring some games from the old systems. I can't be totally sure though, I've always been super picky on my games & those have pretty much already been made for the Switch. The Switch was made to keep up with the other systems going forward in graphics. Kingdom Hearts 3 is a perfect example. The Ds' simple can't handle that level of information, they had to create something new. That being said, I am going to miss the Ds', they were the best handhelds before the Switch came out.

DS and 3DS were awesome handhelds and I enjoyed playing Pokemon games on them.
But I'm really looking forward to new gen on Switch. Let's Go was alright. I didn't enjoy capture system that much but the rest was nice. I hope they revert back to normal capturing though... And allso add an option to play with any of the pokemon, like it was in XY (I haven't played Alolan games so idk if that option was still there), and not just starter eevee/pikachu. But I must admit, they were adorable.

I use Switch mostly as hendheld and while it's great, it's still too bulky for a hendheld. But I like that it can be used as both home and handheld console, it really adds versatility.
Anyway I'm just saying I'm really looking forward to another Pokemon game on Switch, but I'm not keeping my hopes up about it being drastically different.

DS and 3DS were awesome handhelds and I enjoyed playing Pokemon games on them.
But I'm really looking forward to new gen on Switch. Let's Go was alright. I didn't enjoy capture system that much but the rest was nice. I hope they revert back to normal capturing though... And allso add an option to play with any of the pokemon, like it was in XY (I haven't played Alolan games so idk if that option was still there), and not just starter eevee/pikachu. But I must admit, they were adorable.

I use Switch mostly as hendheld and while it's great, it's still too bulky for a hendheld. But I like that it can be used as both home and handheld console, it really adds versatility.
Anyway I'm just saying I'm really looking forward to another Pokemon game on Switch, but I'm not keeping my hopes up about it being drastically different.

I HATED all the Go! aspects of the new game. I hated Go! actually... but the leaks I read mentioned that nothing from I read all this on again, I'll post them. They are from a guy that has been right about most, if not all, of his rumored leaks from all the games. I've payed all the games & XY was my least fave. I didn't feel like things overall levelled out when looking at the game as a whole. Regarding the starter Pikachu/Eevee, you can choose to not have them on your team in Lets Go! for the switch. They will still travel with you & be in all the cut scenes. I bought both games, chose not to use eevee on it's game & I played fine.

I get that bulkiness you mentioned. I agree with you there, I'll miss the little guys, but I'm so in love with the switch lol I mainly use it on my tv anyways.

I don't really mind GO but I did feel that GO mechanics in a full-scale Pokemon game was a bit odd. It's okay on mobile that you really use on the go, but weird to use on console even when you use it handheld. And it also felt like you have no control over what's happening and it's entirely random. In normal games you could weaken pokemon in any way you wanted from low hp to status conditions.... I hope this will return.

This is what I was sent. Me & my best friend follow the crap out of leaks. These came from a highly reliable source. That being said, still just rumors. Enjoy :)
c5vkSqx.jpg

xn8d055.jpg

That does sound promising! If it's going to be more like traditional pokemon games I'll be looking forward to it way more.

its definitely going to be a Gen 8, a continuation of the core series. I'm 97% sure it's going to follow the traditional games. Lets Go! was made to bridge the people that play only the Mobile App & the people that grew up playing the actual games. It was a great intro game to the switch & they really utilized the popularity the mobile app got. Essentially, Pikachu/Eevee was meant to bring new players together with old players & try to get everyone on board for this game that's coming out now. Basically a Hype game.

well, it's just been announced a few minutes ago. has anyone watched?

The new starters are cute, I liked the water one so far.

Yeah, not overly excited by the new starters here, too. Definitely excited for a British location for once, though.

Sobble is the only good starter. Scorbunny is a huge fighting-type risk and Grookey looks like a furby.

Grookey Gang though Scorbunny looks the best by design. Sword and Grookey all day. I'm imagining Harambe knocking shit around with a whole-ass tree. Plus, from the face tape and then the same stance as Chimchar, I'm getting Fire/Fighting vibes from Scorbunny and I don't like it.

From the brief descriptions, it looks like Scorbunny is gonna have high speed, which also doesn't help the Fire/Fighting thing. If it doesn't though, Grookey also looks like it will have High Attack since it holds the stick in its hair. Grookey may end up being the fighting type, using the stick as a weapon. Sobble looks like a Special Attacker with maybe higher Special Defense. This is of course all over-analyzing conjecture
I honestly can't pinpoint what Sobble's dual typing could be.

On another note, it's gen 8. If we're going by the trend, this means we're set for another Eeveelution.

we still don't have a fighting Eevee or a rock Eevee! Ghost Eevee would be nice too :ghostv:

Liking the starters so far because they are cute <3. But their design doesn't really stand out, and they are very similar to each other in design (circular heads, same body type), so I hope the evolutions go through different paths.

As for the graphics, it's looking really cool so far!

I wasn't really a fan of the starters either. Sobble ended up growing on me after a few days. I agree that Grookey seems like it's just going to be a giant Harambe, poke style. Scorbunny is just....ugh, & I typically love the fire starters. All three of them however reminded me of other starters, meaning I didn't and really any of them that original compared to others. Sobble reminded me greatly of Totodile, just a slimmer version. Grookey just reminds me of pretty much al the monkey pokemon, not just previous starters. Scorbunny, I feel, is just going to the be the rabbit version of Blaziken. I'm trying to keep an open mind about them, considering we still have several months.

I REALLY hope we get another Eeveelution pair, that would be rad. Maybe Attack & Defense based styles of some sort to reflect the Sword & Shield of the logos.

I'm stoked to see the graphics of the new game, I'm always jazzed about the layout of the region. Even in the games I ended up hating (black & white) I still was stoked about the new map & all the new pokemon. This is totally gonna carry over to Gen 8.

I REALLY hope we get another Eeveelution pair, that would be rad. Maybe Attack & Defense based styles of some sort to reflect the Sword & Shield of the logos.
If there is a sword and shield inspiration for making the Eeveelutions, I'm willing to bet on Fighting or Ground for Sword and Rock or Steel being Shield. The only thing is................those don't sound like they would be a good Eeveelution from a design perspective. Then again though, they managed a fluffy quadruped with the Rockruff line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back