• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Facility 53

Dante was quick to go through the portal with cisco knowing himself to be a frontliner for sure. He positioned himself between the stranger and the others instinctively. Sindorian was still reeling a bit from the process of being shown the future. It was similar to his experience with the thoughtweft, though a much rougher ride to be certain. However he came through the portal alongside Mr.terrific on the other hand came put of the portal and immediately took a position on the facilities rooftops linking to the communicators of all there with the acception of Sindorians whose security caused him to have to wait for the aliens approval before forming the link. Luckily it came shortly afterwards. He couldn't say that this made him very comfortable but he supposed it was the same with batman and was something he would just have to learn to deal with. Dante was the first to speak after Cisco, "Unless of course you came looking for trouble." He said in a deep and menacing voice crossing his massive arms across his chest and looking at the alien like a rhino about to charge. Sindorian was surprisingly silent as he waited to learn more about what was going on. "Be careful you guys i have a bad feeling about this." Mister terrific said over the comms.
_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Scatterbrain Scatterbrain ChazGhost ChazGhost

Gotham City Docks

Liono snapped his fingers as black mask explained the situation to him as if it all made sense. "That explains all the weapons, i was gonna ask about that...i will gladly help you to defeat this wicked Batman and all who follow him." he smiled at the two he considered his newest ffriends, causing red hood to stifle a laugh. What was this guy five? However his laugh faded as the catman said he would start helping now. The weirdo hefted the entire crate of weapons on his shoulder without much strain, well over eight hundred pounds of weapons. He then carried it to the truck where it was being loaded, casually turned it on its side and dumped the contents at the feet of the men in the truck. "Easy Meowmix, that stuff sensitive im sure we can find something more suited to your talents." todd said as he looked expectantly at black mask, after all this was his rodeo.
ChazGhost ChazGhost
~~~
Hellion

mortimer paused at this womans revelation. He cocked his head to the side and his tendrils retracted but his weapons stayed in his hands and he still took a decent amount of power from the horse before retracting the tendrils, at least enough to replenish what he had expended so far.
"Explain what you mean. You say you are not allied with your brother...are you aware of his plans?" the desperation was back in his voice towards the endend if the thought of the plan filled him with a madening rage that he needed justification for. However his infernal energy gathered in his hands, though not visible to those who couldn't sense it it would be easily perceived by the horsewoman. He was preparing to unleash another attack, likely if he didnt get the kind of answer he wanted.
Demonhunter Demonhunter
~~~​

Cliff Barton (Hawkeye)
Her apartment

Cliff listened to Emily's answer, throwing up her guts before a fight of some kind would be extremely unpleasant, especially if the nausea persisted for longer than a few minutes. She and Drake were both pretty light, but considering gear and the fact that one of their bosses was coming, maybe it would be a good idea to have another way to get there.

She took the fruit bowl off the phones, "right, we have a way, a speedster, who can probabaly take Drake and I to Gotham. But she's very green, so I dont know if she can take any more people. So we need a back up way there. I dont suppose you've heard anything from our resident mage?" Quinn was the only Avenger she was still talking to, the main reason for this being that he wasn't there when her father was injured alongside the fact that he didn't know anything about her going to be fired until a week after it happened.

"No, we haven't asked him yet. We were considering sending him on the mission with you guys, but we dont know if his long-disatance portalling skills are advanced enough for the distance and amount of people. And besides you guys were our first call." Luke told them. "How did you guys acquire a speedster? What's her story? And how green is very green, Barton? Can she be trusted with something this important?" Daniel knew for a fact the team didn't have one yesterday, so how did they just acquire one overnight?

It would be impossible for Emily not to hear this discussion.

ChazGhost ChazGhost (Drake) Ilikepie Ilikepie (Emily)

Drake Swift
Aparments
_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Ilikepie Ilikepie

"If needed, I handle my lunch" Drake committed to Emily after she said people often threw up being carried by a speedster. "A back plan would be nice, or general back. Gotham is one crazy place" Drake added when Cliff asked if they're more magically inclined teammate would be joining them.

After that Drake looked back to Emily as Daniel asked about their new speedster. "Well she came to headquarter today, showed off her powers, helped me and Cliff clean up the small mess in front of her apartment and she is green as newly planted grass. But I think she can be trusted." Drake said smiling at Emily, give her at least the benefit of a doubt.

Black Mask
Gotham Docks

FearItself FearItself

Black Mask watched the cat pick up a crate of weapon like it was nothing and not lightly dropped it by the truck. "Agreed. Now, kid, I have something more suited to your skill." Black Mask said grabbing a piece of paper from his suit pocket. "You see in a swamp just outside the city my men are hunting down a possible ally. Solomon Grundy, a huge undead man. And before you call him evil like the Batman, I can assure you he has just as much a grudge against him as we do, so think of it as an unlikely alliance of sorts." Black Mask said showing the cat man a picture of Solomon Grundy. "Now one of my men will drive you out there and help join the team already looking for him. You think you can handle that." Black Mask asked gesturing to one of his men to bring a car around for the cat man.

Egil
Facility 53

_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ FearItself FearItself Scatterbrain Scatterbrain

Soon after talking to the first hero who came on the scene, even more, showed up. "I didn't knock because wasn't fun too. Now, where is the... Oh, you guys actually brought him out here. Usually, people make this far harder." Egil as he noticed Sindorian. "Sindorian Ka'Dalos you've made a lot of enemies in your hunt for Galactus, and now they hired me to bring you in" Egil walking forward to the group heroes. "So Saluchian tik, you going to come with me the easy way or the hard way?" Egil said now pointing his shotgun at Sindorian and ready to shoot if he made a wrong move.

Cliff Barton (Hawkeye)
Her apartment

Cliff was in agreement in Drake that having a back would be a good idea. And Elliott was pretty powerful. She couldnt help but smirk at the description of Emily. "She hilariously new, but she has her uses. And I think we can trust her." "we'll trust your judgement on that, she can go, but we'll rope in a few others, Elliott included, this seems to be a pretty big op." But she sighed and ran her hand through her hair when Drake mentioned the apartment fight. She knew what was coming next.

"Apartment mess? You wouldn't be talking about that apartment drama would you? The one slap bang in the centre of the gangland, owned by that reaaally stubborn guy who refuses to hand it over to gang control" "wait, doesn't Clint own an apartment block in that area? He does, doesn't he? And he is completely and utterly, unbelievably stubborn." "And he did always look more beaten up then he should have. I mean he didn't have a healing factor, but he was always had fresh injuries, espescially when he was off work.......waaaaait a second" Cliff could see hear her bosses putting the pieces together.

"yeah, yeah, yeah, look the apartment thing isn't important right now. We've got a job to do here" which does not involve figuring out my backstory she continued the sentence internally. It was totally obvious she was changing the subject, hoping that this would draw both her bosses, and Drake and Emily's attention away from what was being realised. Both of them could clearly hear the conversation, and she knew they were most likely coming to the same revelations as her boss.

"Actually Barton, the apartment thing as you put it is very important, don't think you are off the hook, just yet. When this job is over, you are going to explain to the two of us exactly what is going on. Got it?" Cliff sighed, she knew she was beaten, ot was inevitable that people were going to find out. "yeah, I understand."

"We'll call Elliott, you guys get to HQ quickly, bring everything you think you'll need." Daniel stayed on while Luke hung up, and Cliff grabbed her phone, the background showing six people pulling ridiculous faces. She then made her way to up the staircase to the mezzanine level, where she vanished into a room. She would emerge a few minutes fully suited, (complete with Clints stupid sunglasses) this time with two full quivers and a sword sheath (the matching sword was on the wall of the apartment) Cliff was also swapping out her hearing aids for the combat pair.

Elliott Quinn (AMP)
Elliott was in the Mage School when his phone rang. The music he'd chosen this week was the piece "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana. It was his boss from Heroes for Hire, Luke. "hey boss, how's life going for you?" After exchanging pleasantries they got down to the more important discussion of the job.
"We've got a job offer, it's a fairly big one. It's in Gotham though, so we were wondering..."
"If I could create a portal to transport you there? Sure, it'll take a little while to do the ritual, long distance portalling is completely different to the little ones I make on a regular basis, but I can do it. We really do need to get teleporteres like the Avengers have"
"If they weren't so picky about who uses them, the team could be in Gotham by now. But you being able go portal us there is excellent. The team is assembling at HQ, so get yourself suited and booted as quick as possible."

"Who else is on the team?"
"Drake, Cliff Barton, me, probably Daniel, one other and newbie speedster that Drake and Cliff acquired."
"how do you acquire a speedster? There isn't some here version of Amazon where you can just buy one, is there?"
"not a clue, she seem to have just showed up at HQ"
"weird, but weird is the norm."
He hung up shortly after that. It didn't take Elliott long to change, locate the relevant spell stuff, grab his bag of mage stuff (he really needed a better name for it), his weapons and head out to the HFH building.

Cisco Ramon (Vibe)
Facility 53

So the guy was here for sindorian, not that surprising now that he knew what Sindorian actually was. But there was no way that Cisco was going to let this happen. He could see the scientists getting into position and that contrary to his originak thoughts, the outside guards were not injured too badly. Maybe this bounty hunter guy could be reasoned with?

Cisco listened as the guy spoke, quickly realising that Sindorins earth name was a clever anagram of his alien name. And he knew vaguely of Galactus through Avengers work. But he hadn't heard of a 'Saluchian' before? Hed have to ask Sindorian later.

"I suppose it isn't as fun as whatever you normally do to get into scientific research facilities. I dont know about everyone else, but I'd like this over with quickly, without destroying the lab." so I can get on with this gravity thing and the incoming invasion from Jupiter he said the second part very quietly under his breath.

ChazGhost ChazGhost (Egil) FearItself FearItself (Dante, Sindorian, mister Terrific) Scatterbrain Scatterbrain (Jeremiah)

Gotham City Docks

No one would really notice but Kenshirou has been present at the docks the entire time. He had used his Ninja Magic to transform into one of the gangsters. Specifically he was worker in the passenger seat of the vehicle they were bringing around for Liono. His interest was not on the deal, Black Mask, or Red Hood but Liono. The Yashida Totsuka Blade has guided him here likely to add the power of another mighty weapon to itself. Kyo understood the blade keeps an eye out for other powerful blades it feels will contribute to its power. Which aspect of the blade this comes from is what he didn’t know, he guessed this most likely stems from the Black Blade Muramasa component. He wondered why it brought him after Liono’s Blade as opposed to the Shiraiyuki or Soultaker.

Either way this entire interaction between Liono, Red Hood, and Black Mask just went Kyo’s way. All they had to do was get the Catman in the car then Kyo could make his move when they were well away from here. He would feel bad about this if defeating the Beast whilst reclaiming Clan Yashida and claiming the Hand weren’t a daunting goal indeed. He needed power and this is how he is going to get it.

ChazGhost ChazGhost FearItself FearItself

Gotham city docks

Todd watched as the car came around, still biting his tongue to prevent himself from saying anything offensive to the housecat. Liono cocked his head to the side when the car door opened. so thats what these tthings are for. he thought to himself as he climbed inside curious as to why the humans would choose to ride around in such a sluggish and unmaneuverable machine. Before he closed the door he spoke again "Consider the swamp dweller an ally, i shall not fail you noble rebels." he said excitedly as he entered the car awaiting for it to arrive. The sword of omens began to vibrate the subtle signal it sent him when danger was near, but he was sure it was just his decision to go to the swamp. Besides danger was fun for him.
Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire
~~~

Facility 53

Sindorian widened his eyes with realization, surely it explained the situation but he was not expecting the bounty hunters to be able to find him. After all he had been careful to cover his tracks. This being must be rather dangerous to have accomplished such a feat. His gears turned for a fraction of a second before he spoke up cutting Dante off who had just began to continue his attempted intimidation. "I will go with you Bounty hunter, but not right now. There is a threat coming to this world for which i bear some responsibility. I cannot leave until i have rectified this situation. You are welcome to try and take me before hand, but i reckon you will have a hard time. There hasn't been a ship built yet that i cannot outpace and i will not stand and fight you here." his voice was calm and even but in his head he was going over scenarios. He settled on a tractor beam portal combo, if things got hectic he could open a portal to neptune and fling the bounty hunter there. Surely that would give him time to breif the others and then go deal with the situation.
_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ ChazGhost ChazGhost Scatterbrain Scatterbrain
~~~
Deep space between Andromeda and the milky way.

Aria sat behind the controls of the ship as it streamed through the vast empty space at warp speeds. The rest if her crew was asleep besides the A.I. Remmy. She was almost there, for twenty years she had wandered aimlessly through the cosmos facing all sorts of hell and now she was lass than an hour away from home. In about ten minutes she would wake up the crew and then they would walk into their new home. Most of her crew were rejects from one world or another, protesters, criminals, runaway slaves, even just fellow space hobos like herself. She couldn't wait honestly. "Remmy start the playlist." She said hearing the ship comm say "Yes ma'am." in a southern sounding voice before starting the list of 12 songs she had from earth. Wayward son began to play as her ship began to slip out of warp as it neared the galaxy, shifting instead to the more common transluminal flight.
(Open)
~~~​

Mike Oldfield

Time: 2:35 PM

The first attacked SLASHED through the neck of the blackwatch mercenary. His head (still conscious and alive) went flying as it's torso collapsed to the floor. In a beautiful sidestep Mike cut another mercenary clean in half and then continued on to the next. The third mercenary went to parry with his own sword but wasn't fast enough. Instead Mike ducked underneath the swing and carved the third mercenary's guts out. Three opponents. Dead in less than 10 seconds. With a fancy spin Mike sheathed his blade and drew his revolver. Firing a single bullet he struck a propane tank which erupted violently. Three more mercenaries dead. Suddenly a seventh rushed him from behind with a bayonetted rifle. With no time to think Mike managed to just barely dodge the attack but suffered a shallow cut in his thigh. Spinning around with one clean motion he went to strike the final opponent. But at the last possible second a device was raised and when His sword struck the object, there was a blinding flash of light.... Then everything went black....

Drake Swift
Apartment

Drake listened to the conversation about apartment building and how it was owned by Clint, the original Hawkeye. As they talked Drake himself began getting fairly curious himself of the topic. But he figured he'll found out himself either when his bosses did or when Cliff decided to open up about. While Drake considers himself an open book, he learned Cliff was a solidly closed one.

"I guess it time to get to work," Drake said changing the subject slightly as recalled his shadow to his person. This, of course, caused the alien weapons his shadow was holding fall all over Cliff's couch and floor. "Umm... Is it okay if leave those there for now and come for them after the job?" Drake asked Cliff as she went to get geared up. Then Drake picked his phone back up put it off speaker mode. "We'll be their soon boss. And then you'll get to meet Impluse and see if she's up to your standards." Drake said before hanging up.

Black Mask
Gotham City Docks
FearItself FearItself

"Good luck." Black Skull said tapping roof the car before it took off. Once the Catman was far enough away, Black Mask turned to his men and said: "Okay get back to work, I want all this gone before we get any more visitors, especial ones that are smart enough to know what we are really doing." Black Mask order, which inter made his men start moving faster to make for the time lost with dealing with the cat. "So you think the cat will really be able to get Grundy. Because either Grundy kills him or he gets us, Grundy. Either way its win in my book." Black Mask said turning to the Red Hood.

Egil
Facility 53
FearItself FearItself _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Scatterbrain Scatterbrain

"Ha, I knew you wouldn't co... Wait what did you say?" Egil said surprised by what Sindorian said. Egil lowered his shotgun as he began thinking. "Okay okay, let me get this straight. You will come with me with no fight if I at least give you the time to help save to world from a threat you partial caused." Egil asked still surprised how this bounty hunt was going. Usually, the hunted were running away or hide, but this guy just wanted to help save the world and then would go peaceful. It reminded him of home a bit and how he hasn't really encountered that many people with a sense of honor like this. "...Okay, how about this, I come to help you with your last adventure here to make sure you live and then afterward you come with me without a fight so I can collect on your bounty. Sounds fair?" Egil asked Sindorian, deciding to give one of the few people he saw in years with any honor.

Cliff Barton (Hawkeye)
Her apartment

Cliff eyed Drakes assortment of alien weapons, they couldnt be left out in the open like that, but was just asking for trouble. "yeah, it's cool, I'll just put them somewhere out of sight first." She walked over to where they had piled up on the couch and pulled back the carpet, to reveal a wooden floor. Three of the boards lifted up to reveal a hollow space, a metre and a half wide. The only thing in it was dust, but it had been used recently enough that the outline of boxes still remained in the dust. Cliff shoved the guns in the hole before covering it up again.

That done she dumped her old hearing aids on the table, "c'mon Greenie, theres work to be done. We gotta pay the bills somehow" even if I do technically own this place it doesnt mean I dont have to pay bills on it. Cliff left the apartment, once the other two were out she locked it up securely, before heading outside to where she had left the bike. Luckily both bikes were still there.

She hopped on her bike and sped off, Drake and Emily could sort themselves out. She needed some headspace. Even if said headspace was punctuated by loud angry noises from other motorists.

When she arrived at the HFH headquarters, her first order of business was to make coffee. It was always needed and kind of traditional at this stage. Most likely it would just be her and Elliott drinking it. Another reason why he was the only Avenger she was on good terms with. Her bosses Daniel and Luke were in the dining/meeting/basic medical centre room when she arrived. Cliff looked at the expressions on their faces, a mix of concern, anger, and curiosity, but mainly concern. And they had been good bosses to her, she owed them the truth. "I will explain everything, but after the mission is over" Her tone was final.

Cisco Ramon (Vibe)
Facility 53

Cisco was quite surprised by how the quickly things turned. Not only had there not been an all out fire fight, Sindorian had both agreed to go willingly with the bounty hunter and somehow recruited him to their crusade. He was kind of in awe of Sindorian now. How had he ended up with such a badass friend?

Since the guy had lowered his weapon, it was only fair that Cisco did the same. This bounty hunter seemed to have a senses of honour and Cisco respected that. Aaand he hadnt bashed up the guards too bad. "okay guys, stand down, we got this under control." The scientists lowered their weapons, some holstered them, other just pointed them towards the ground.

"So, do you have a name we can call you? It'll make things a lot easier." Ciscoasked Egil. He had lowered his gloved hands now, but the glasses were still down. He then turned to Sindorian "so Professor, any idea what that portal like thing was? And those people? Beings? Machines? Cybermen? Terminators? Whatever you want to call them. Know anything about them"

ChazGhost ChazGhost (Egil) Scatterbrain Scatterbrain (Jeremiah) FearItself FearItself (Sindorian)

suam-h-png.615468

Super American,
Facility 53/ Super Shop/ S.T.A.R. Labs

Jeremiah, probably like everyone else there, was surprised at how quickly the situation resolved itself. All parties involved seemed ready and willing to listen to reason. A smile crossed Jeremiah's face as he laughed to himself. Something like this was practically unheard of in superhero circles. He remembered the stories his parents would tell him of the old days, of all the times one super would encounter another and it would always initially descend into a physical confrontation. It was an encouraging thought to think that this generation of heroes was going to do things differently.

Jeremiah followed Cisco's instruction to stand down and returned his shield to his back. This was his house after all. He then listened intently as Cisco mentioned portals and machine men. Upon his arrival, Jeremiah had assumed the intruder was the reason for the Avengers alert but maybe this was the matter that required urgent attention?

"Sorry, Vibe. I don't mean to interrupt but do you mind catching me up?" Jeremiah asked.

( _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ , ChazGhost ChazGhost , FearItself FearItself )

"What happened?" Alina said as she woke up.
That was right. She had wandered into a group of people who were fighting off demons from some kind of portal.
She... had powers apparently. She knew how to use them. She figured it out by now. She had amnesia. This was something she needed to solve. Somehow she needed to regain her memories.
"You.. Can you help me...?" She said to Mortimer noticing him preparing to attack.
"I don't know how but I think I have Amnesia. I can help you guys. I have powers and I'm pretty sure I know how to use them.
FearItself FearItself

Kyoshirou Harada - Gotham Streets

“The sword wants what it wants...” Kyo thought to himself as the car pulled away from the docks. A different life and he could have been either the person pushing these weapons through or someone stopping this operation. Right now, not his problem and he had task at hand that demanded his complete focus. Kyo didn’t strike as soon as they left the docks, he wanted to be a good distance away so he’d have time to work his game if this didn’t go too smoothly. These things with strange people involved never do. Kyo with his hands in his lap began weaving hand signs crafting an illusion for the driver to make him inadvertently take them to down a darker road, more concealment for Kyo.

Kyo’s disguise faded before he made his move. Kyo then quite literally leapt out of the car, a red hue appeared around his hand as he tumbled to his feet in the road. He raced around the moving vehicle flinging Kunai into the tires as well as destroying the wheels crippling the vehicle. One lightly poisoned kunai went for the driver simply to strike him in a non vital area and put him to sleep. Kyo then took the shadows to stalk his prey from the darkness. He didn’t want to under estimate his target especially because he’s partly animal.

ChazGhost ChazGhost FearItself FearItself

Cisco Ramon (Vibe)
Facility 53

When Jeremiah spoke, it made Cisco realise that he also had to fill in their new bounty hunter 'friend' on what was going on too. "its easier and probabaly faster for me to show you the problem. Both of you" he said gesturing at Egil too. Jeremiah had experienced a vibe before, but their new f'riend'? Well who knew what his reaction would be. He might as well do it and catch them off guard, then deal with the reactions and inevitable questions later.

Hoping that the bounty hunter wouldn't do anything stupid, Cisco placed on hand on his shoulder and one hand on Jeremiah's shoulder. A split second later Cisco found himself facing Jupietr for the third time in less than an hour. He gestured at the swirling vortex of thr white hole. "that is the portal in question, believed to be a white hole." The three watched as the Vorinex came through their bodies a fusion of tech and organics. "and these are our invaders, definitely not coming in leace, they probabaly want to take over earth and slaughter everyone in their path in tbe process."

As the vibe faded away, Cisco stepped back, rubbing away a tiny trickle of blood from his nose.

Scatterbrain Scatterbrain (Jeremiah) ChazGhost ChazGhost (Egil) FearItself FearItself (Sindorian, mister Terrific, Dante)

Drake Swift
Apartments - Heros for Hire HQ

"Thanks, Cliff," Drake said as Cliff put his guns away into hidden compartments. Afterward, Drake followed Cliff outside to the bikes. Cliff, of course, got on her's and sped off. "Impulse I would challenge you to a race but I already know you'd win unless I cheated," Drake said to Emily before getting on the other bike and riding off.

Drake arrived shortly after Cliff. Drake entered the building in time to hear Cliff promising to explain everything to the bosses after the mission. "If it's not too much of big deal I like to know the secret to, after the mission of course. That'll give you plenty of time to figure out how to explain it." Drake said walking into the meeting room.

Egil
Facility 53
_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ Scatterbrain Scatterbrain FearItself FearItself

After everyone put their weapons down Egil answered Cisco's question of who he was. "I am Egil, son of both Lobo and Hela and a proud Asgardian warrior" Egil proudly proclaimed, though he did like having to admit he was the son of Hela. Then Cisco touched him and Jeremiah. "What are you..." Egil asked before the vibe happened. While this type of vision was new to hi Egil at least heard of and seen other vision abilities based in magic and technology like this one. After the vibe was over Egil stepped back. "So we need to stop an alien invasion of earth? I think of heard of the Earth repelling many alien invasions before. Anything different about this?" Egil asked.

Emily Allen (Impulse)

Emily stared in silence at the sight of Cliff in her hero outfit from mind being unable to handle how sexy Cliff looks in it. She followed Cliff down to the bikes and her mind finally started to work again after Drake started to drive off. Emily slaps herself. "Now is not the time to like a love-struck puppy, it's time to focus and to be a hero". She runs back to the Heroes for Hire building.

When she arrives she finds Cliff in a room with Luke and Danny who she recognized from some photos she had seen. "Oh hi, I'm the new Impulse nice to meet you." She quickly starts shaking Luke's hand before letting go Luke's hand to shake Danny's hand. She lets go of Danny's hand and starts standing next to Cliff. "My abilities are superspeed and size manipulation meaning I can run super fast and grow super big or shrink super small". She looks down and realizes she isn't in her hero outfit. "Oops". She quickly presses the button on her ring and then quickly changes into her hero outfit. "Since you already saw that shirt you know I'm a lesbian which means I never get distracted by guys". She decides to ignore the fact that she sometimes gets distracted by women.

ChazGhost ChazGhost (drake) _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ (Cliff)

Elliott Quinn (Amp) & Cliff Barton (Hawkeye)
Heroes For Hire HQ

Cliff wasn't over joyed at the idea of Drake knowing her life problems. Thankfully a distraction arrived in the form of Emily. Cliff wanted the earth to open up and swallow her when Emily introduced hereself to her bosses. Cliff lifted up her coffee, in an attemot to cover her face. The look on her bosses faces was one of shock, taken-aback-ness and 'what the hell have we ended up agreeing to?" She wouldnt be surprised if they were doubting Drake and Cliff's judgement, Cliff certainly was.

It was as Emily was making her statement about not getting distracted by guys on missions (and the unspoken part about her most detinetly getting distracted by girls instead) that the final person arrived. It was Elliott Quinn, the resident mage for Heroes For Hire and proud owner of a coffee drinking ability that rivalled Cliff's.

It was obvious just by looking at Elliott that he had spent a lot of time with John Constantine. The most obvious sign of this being that Elliott had taken to wearing a trenchcoat as part of his mage gear. Elliott's was made of dark brown leather, coming down to the back of his knees. He'd had the coat been enchanted so that it repaired itself.

"Well spare a though for us poor bisexuals who get distracted by almost everybody." Elliott smirked before sitting down by Cliff and dropping a grar bag down by his feet. "I'll drink to that" Cliff said, half to herself, half to Elliott. Elliott poured himself a mug and turned to Cliff, "Cheers for the coffe... You look awful by the way Barton" "Thanks Quinn, I really needed that. Cheers." They clinked coffee mugs with a smile. When HFH ever ran out of coffee Eliott and Cliff were always prime suspects.

Luke and Daniel had manged to wrestle their faces under control. Elliott gestured to Emily "I'm guessing she's the speedster you aquired?" Cliff nodded "Yup, Quinn meet Greenie, Greenie, meet Elliott Quinn, our resident mage." The nickname didn't escape Elliott, who raised an eyebrow at Cliff who nodded, yeah, she really is that green.

Once the introductions were finished all eyes turned to Daniel and Luke. "how much do you guys know about the docks at Gotham and the things that go on there?

Cisco Ramon (Vibe)
Facility 53

Egil handled the vibe extremely well. Cisco had seen all manner of reactions to his vibes. Some people just couldn't comprehend what had happened and Cisco had ended up getting punched far too many times for his liking. As soon as the vibe finished Egil started asking questions, the right questions too.

"That's the idea in a nutshell. And yes, you're right, this planet has manged to repel a few alien invasions before. Considering the gravitational anomally was only spotted an hour or so ago, and those aliens you saw will be coming through some time in the future, the main thing we need to figure out is, who are they? Can we close the gravity well before they get here? Does this species have any weaknesses we can use to stop the impening planetary invasion? How quickly can we get to said anomally and how large a team can we muster up? And of course at what time will they come through?"

Cisco gestured at the assembled group of scientists and heroes, "hence these people. I don't suppose you know anything useful?" Cisco hoped that somebody around him knew something ,the last thing he wanted was to go into a fight with an unknown alien species with no knowledge of what he was facing.

FearItself FearItself (Sindorian, Dante, mister Terrific) ChazGhost ChazGhost (Egil) Scatterbrain Scatterbrain (Jeremiah)

suam-h-png.615468

Super American,
Facility 53/ Super Shop/ S.T.A.R. Labs

Jeremiah had been vibed before so the experience wasn't particularly unpleasant, however, he could see that it had taken a toll on Cisco. Jeremiah listened as Egil and Cisco discussed the situation at hand before Cisco inquired whether anyone knew anything about the approaching aliens.

"Unfortunately, I've never seen this species before." said Jeremiah in response. "I can check the S.H.I.E.L.D. database and see if there's any information there? I have access to the network from the back of my van." Jeremiah said, gesturing toward his van behind him with his thumb. "I could also try contacting my aunt at the D.E.O. If anyone's going to know what were potentially up against, it would be her."

Jeremiah then asked Cisco a question of his own. "Vibe, have any attempts at communication been made? From us or them?"

( FearItself FearItself , ChazGhost ChazGhost , _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ )

Facility 53

Sindorian watched patiently as cisco vibed the newcomers and showed them the threat presumably in the same way he had shown them. This ability was something quite interesting that they would likely be able to discuss in the future but for now he was gonna have to wait for them to finish. Dante seemed a little let down that things went over so smoothly but Mr.terrific was already back from the rooftop. He wore a big smile, this was a rarity to him things rarely went over so well. As the vibe ended cisco made his assessment and sindorian was honestly impressed, for a human his knowledge of the cosmic anomolies was incredible. "Im afraid there is no probably my friend. These creatures never come in peace. I am rather familiar with them. They are called the Vorinex, they invade worlds and take control of the population. They use this population to take the resources of the planet and turn the natives into new vorinex so that they can continue the process. My kind are mortal enemies of theirs, i apologize. I should have dealt with them before i left my system. " he indeed felt responsible. His people had spent millenia fighting off those creatures and now that they were gone the mantle fell to him and of course these unlucky people finding themselves in their line of sight.
Scatterbrain Scatterbrain _gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ ChazGhost ChazGhost
~~~
Gotham dark streets

Things happened very quickly yet luckily the Sword of omens let out its roar of warning alerting him to the kunai being lobbed at the car. Yet there was nothing he could do at the moment besides spring out of the vehicle and flip once in the air landing on the street. As he did this one could hear him shouting "Thunder, Thunder, thundercats HOOOOO." each time he said the word his blades length extended until the dagger had become a sword and lightining crackled around it. "Sword of omens grant me sight beyond sight." he said holding the sword in front of his face so that the eye of omens sat between his own eyes. Despite something obscuring his vision a bit he still managed to find the man hiding in the shadows. "Ah you must be one of that fiend batmans assassins. Here to stop me from gaining the deadman as an ally, well your gonna have to do better than that." he said as he let the sword of omens unleash blast of electricity at the mans general direction
Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire
~~~
Mortimer

The armoered man looked down at the girl with disgust. She was asking him of all people for help. All the heroes around and she chose the one villain. "Yeah i got just the thing for ya." he said swinging the hammer downwards towards her head aiming to decorate this park wkth her grey matter. "Here is a bit of advice dont ask the demon fighting heroes in the open for help fool." he said to the pathetic girl as he began the swing.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse
~~~

Drake Swift
Heroes for Hire HQ

"...Huh, the more you know" Drake said only now figuring out most of his teammates were either lesbian or bi-sexual. After leaving that topic the bosses asked if anyone knew about the Gotham docks. "Yeah, some black market deals on their, smuggling operations and few mafia styles murders happen there," Drake said from experience. "Granted I don't much of deeper stuff, I only traveled to Gotham a few time for business," Drake added giving what details he knew.

"Is our job breaking up some smuggling operation or something like that at the docks?" Drake asked figuring his bosses brought up the docks for a reason.

Egil
Facility
_gallifrog_ _gallifrog_ FearItself FearItself Scatterbrain Scatterbrain

"So you were supposed to take them out before but didn't so you go hunt down Galactus? Well either I'll be happy crush some cyborg skulls" Egil said smirking. "Also on the how quickly part..." Egil said turning to Cisco. Egil then pulled out a futuristic iPad looking device and pressed a few buttons. Soon after his ship uncloaked and floated down to the parking lot. "I'd say we could get there quick," Egil added. The ship seemed to be large enough to hold plenty of people and had few heavy weapons attached to it.

Elliott Quinn (Amp) & Cliff Barton (Hawkeye)
Heroes for Hire HQ

Elliott and Cliff both caught Drake's remark and smirked before downing some coffee. "Yeah, I know the docks. There is an extensive magic trade there, both legal and illegal." "And its the go-to place for the Avengers to stop crime when there isn't a world ending crisis going on."

"Exactly, Gotham Docks is the worst kept "secret smuggling place" on this coast, maybe even in the country." Luke agreed making airquote gestures with his hands on the words "secret smuggling place." "Its notorious for being the entry point for basically anything illegal, drugs, weapons, illegal chemicals, magical weapons, you name it, they can smuggle it in. The police know about it, and every so often they do a flying raid and clamp down on the smuggling, but every time it comes back. The Gotham police are just too understaffed and overwokred to fully deal with the problem. It seems that only the small timers get caught and as ususal the big gangs and important people escape capture."

"Right now a big operation is going on between Black Mask and red Hood. We're not quite sure what exactly they're smuggling in, but given both of their connections, its nothing good." Daniel said, his tone solemn. "Our job is simple, get to Gotham Docks and stop them. Oracle says The Birds of Prey say that they might be sending an operative too, but they are always super cagey on the details" The jab at Luke didn't go unnoticed, he rolled his eyes and scoffed at his partner's antics.

At the mention of the Birds of Prey a scowl spread across Cliff's face, her eyes narrowing and darkening with hatred. "seriously? That shower?" She said 'shower' the way anybody else might say "shitshow of uncaring idiots." Clearly the Avengers weren't the only team Cliff had beef with, Elliott realised. "That'll be fun. Not!"
She groaned, then continued "but I'm still taking the job."

Cisco Ramon (Vibe)
Outside of Facility 53

The decloaking of Egil's spacceship shouldnt have shocked Cisco as much as it did. This wasn't the first alien spaceship he had seen, it was in fact the very reason the Avengers had even found out about him. Alien tech was something he spent faaar too much time fiddling with it, trying to understand and improve it. "oh that is tootally dope!" Cisco remarked upon seeing the ship. His eyes were wide with curiosity and awe, not that they could be seen underneath his goggles.

"Does it have a badass name?" he asked, turning towards Egil. Others may have asked about the tech on board or where it was from or how fast it could fly, and as much as Cisco wanted to know those things, the name took priority. Names could make or break it. A lacklustre name was the worst crime anybody could commit in Cisco's book.
FearItself FearItself (Sindorian, Dante, mister terrific) ChazGhost ChazGhost (Egil) Scatterbrain Scatterbrain (Jeremiah)

Emily was a fun character while she lasted. The hyperactive lesbian superhero with zero dating experience's story has ended.

Yeah, she was, certainly livened things up and raised many mnay eyebrows

Users who are viewing this thread

Back