Personal Canon

Personal Canon touches here-

I roll with a few custom Death Lords. I think they made room for 5 or 6 of them to be custom? Been playing around with the idea of one that has been simply making the 'perfect abyssal'. His project won't be done for another few centuries, but, the world will cry when his so-called 'True avatar of the Void" shows up.

For the most part, I enjoy canon. I made my Realm a bit more powerful, so, only the first few cards have toppled from the Scarlet Wench's dissapearance. The Guild is a true powerhouse in my game, but, 2nd edition made them that anyways, so, I suppose that's canon now. 1st Edition they really didn't seem like they should be able to back all their power though.

I also like the ideas of certain Yozis actually being quite noble, and really want to get back into Creation to fix the falling center, not to reclaim it and wreak vengeance.

Thanqol said:
I should probably put a disclaimer in my signature warning all of my massive pro-Primordial tenancies (Primordials, not Yozis. The Yozis are horrible monsters - the fact that they were made into horrible monsters doesn't stop them being horrible monsters. I wouldn't want to release the Yozis; the Primordials, however...)
I don't know about that ... After reading Glories of the Most High, it sounded to me that the whole point is that the Primordials also were horrible monsters. Unconquered Sun was actually created to emphasize, and amplify that fact. An idea that actually appeals to me a great deal.

Oh, one more thing.

Yu Shan is the original Malfeas' corpse.

In the Time of Glory, Yu Shan was as 'alive' as Malfeas today. The gods all live in the beautiful, rotting carcass of the former King of All.

That's kinda creepy, but does make sense compared to Creation being the 'body' of Gaia, and Malfias being the body of hell. I wonder if there is some sort of anti-Gaia that is responsible for the Underworld? I'm beginning to sense a interesting plot idea....

I have a fairly deviant plot-line that has criss-crossed through all of the Exalted games I have run for the past three years (with elements integrated from other Exalted games I have played in and run over the past 8 years or so.)

For the most-part I have run Dragon-blooded campaigns. Which means my focus has been on their power.

I am with the idea of upping the Dragon-bloods numbers, and I added about 40% across creation.

The first of the three central DB games started at the time the Empress was first noticed for her absence, and ran through about 7 years in-game, during which I sort of fleshed out a burgeoning Civil War in the works, while the Threshold and Scavenger Lands watched as the Bull and Mask began to eye each other as the Realm grew less outwardly focussed.

The second DB game is when I started making the big changes, and that came with a Necromantic assault on the coast of the Realm at about the same time Cathak Cainan,declared he would rather die in a Civil War than allow Mnemon to dominate the Realm. Ala civil war.

The split ended up being loosely Mnemon/Sesus/Peleps/much of the the Realms Sorcerers vs Cathak/Ragara/most of Pasiaps Stair vs V'neef/Ledaal/Nellens/Iselsi the Cynis naturally split three ways and thus provided the Dynasts at least one nominally neutral shared ally.

To the East the Mask of Winters began to move filling the Scavenger Lands with his 'Diplomats' Abyssals that went from kingdom to kingdom, beguiling, secucing, bullying, terrorizing or damaging all kingdoms they encountered. That put Lookshy into direct war with the Mask, and was the beginning of the third DB game.

In which Autochthonian troops dominated from the western coastline to Gem and through to the Lap, but from there slowed down as they came into heavy conflict with disease, internal disuptes and a rather concentrated Lunar revenge strike.

The biggest changes I went with was the opening of a pathway to a nation lot in the north-west Wyld since just after the Usurpation, made up of extremely highly bred Dragon-blood lacking advanced magical technology, as many of their people died before mastering Sorcery, yet the Martial Arts they held onto, some even advancing to the point of mastering a Celestial Animal style. A nation of almost purely Dragon-blooded survivors (roughly 6000) who had spent the past millenia struggling and dwindling against the constant encroachment of the Fae, also competing with each other naturally. Their escape from their once trapped realm caused the pocket to collapse and a pivotal pocket of wyld to open up and solidify to the far west and south culminating in the discovery of a new continent.

The fourth game will take place in the great Land Grab Game, where all the powerful entities seek to carve out a piece of this newly opened up continent. The Silver Prince has a headstart on everyone except a curious Autochthonia, with Lookshy taking a huge risk and sending 800 Dragon-bloods and 10, 000 mortal over in an expeditionary and colonial capacity, replacing them with the 1000 of the newly escaped DBs who were discontent with the decadence and confusion of the Realm and instead sought their fortunes with a Lookshian alliance...

A pseudo-alliance, more a pact of non-aggression really, exists between the new Autochthonian lands, and Lookshy, with both parties VERY uncomfortable with the Mask of Winters.

I have had the Bull of the North very effectively slapped down by and unexpected assault consisting of 3 very old, very upset lunars almost immediately after the Bull and gang had barely beaten back a fae assault. Essentially he has ground to a halt and is licking his wounds feeling very put upon.

I also have a loosely defined and started 5th Age campaign, that starts in an Age of Iron and Steam and Wyld Adventures. It starts at the beginning of the Age, and Age that began not with a war or horrible event, but with a loose global peace accord, one signed by 15 nations and numerous different Exalted types.

I kinda like the idea of Yu-Shan being the slowly decaying beautiful corpse of malfeas, though I am more inclined to think of it as the skin ripped off and then kept while the rest of him was twisted up to make the Yozis prison.

Catatonik said:
I kinda like the idea of Yu-Shan being the slowly decaying beautiful corpse of malfeas, though I am more inclined to think of it as the skin ripped off and then kept while the rest of him was twisted up to make the Yozis prison.
So rather than it being his corpse, it's his face?

Thanqol said:
Catatonik said:
You know, that's a really neat way to establish the utter scope of the Primordials in comparison to gods and mortals.

Thanqol said:
Catatonik said:
Well, no, his total Epidermis.

The full outer layer if you will, peeled away by sorcery, and preserved while the rest of him was twisted and turned and warped into the Yozis Prison.

No wonder Malfeas is beyond insane, every moment of skinless exposure to his twisted brethren must be agony unimaginable.

Catatonik said:
Well, no, his total Epidermis.
The full outer layer if you will, peeled away by sorcery, and preserved while the rest of him was twisted and turned and warped into the Yozis Prison.

No wonder Malfeas is beyond insane, every moment of skinless exposure to his twisted brethren must be agony unimaginable.
A friend of mine went in to have his appendix removed, and while hopped up on anasthetic he sent me the following email:

"I think I finally get Malfeas now. Some tiny, useless part of him tried to kill him, and instead paralysed him and left him in utter, immobilized agony, trapped in a tiny, boring room with people he can't stand. The things I'd do to that thing if I ever got my hands on it."

Thanqol said:
A friend of mine went in to have his appendix removed, and while hopped up on anasthetic he sent me the following email:
"I think I finally get Malfeas now. Some tiny, useless part of him tried to kill him, and instead paralysed him and left him in utter, immobilized agony, trapped in a tiny, boring room with people he can't stand. The things I'd do to that thing if I ever got my hands on it."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd quote this, but I have no room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back