• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Pack Of Northern Winds

WolfOfProphecys

Ten Thousand Club

The Pack Of Northern Winds

As you walk along in a deep, snowy forest, your pelt coated with a white coat of snow, you spot a large, fire coloured female wolf watching you. The female jumps down from the rock she has been watching from, and pads over to you,

"Who are you?" She growls, and it is immediately clear that she is the Alpha of a pack. You reply quickly, and she nods her approval, "I am Ash, Alpha to the Pack of the Northern Winds. Now either leave, or follow me" She replies, then begins to walk off.

Will you follow her?

The pack has been threatened for moons now, the humans edging onto their land, building and digging away at their territory.

A few humans hunt the pack, trying to kill us for our fur, which apparently would make a nice rug.

Others still would try to catch us alive, to experiment on us because of our powers.

Will we win? Or will we have to leave our home?

MAPS

snowyWood.jpg

The Territory

inside-goughs-cave.jpg

The main area of their den, which is a cave. There are multiple caves running off of this.

RULES

1. All RpNation Rules Apply

2. Be aware that Male Alpha and Female Alpha are mates. As are Male Beta and Female Beta.

3. If you are reading these put winds somewhere in your form

4. No excessive violence. Don't describe wounds in a gory fashion

5. If mating or birthing, please fade to black

Last edited by a moderator:
WolfOfProphecys updated Pack of Northern Winds with a new update entry:

Start!

We can now begin!
Read the rest of this update entry... 
It was a silent and quiet day, the wind rustling in the trees of the Packs territory, blowing small mounds of snow into the air. Tucked up in their dens, the cave the Pack of Northern Winds lived in was cosy and warm, the rocks trapping the heat of their bodies in their sleeping places.

Outside sat their Alpha, Ash. Her wings were pulled tight to her body, feathers ruffled to create warmth for the wolf sitting out in the snow. As she watched the dawn rise the sunlight caught the white powder and made it shine. The Alpha smiled, then turned to head back inside.

Shadow was asleep in the den that he and the other subordinate males shared

Luna yawned quietly, licking Dakota's ear fondly. She got up slowly, stretching her back out thoroughly. Let's get this morning started, she padded outside, tail wagging to her gaint. A piece of snow landed on her nose and she sneezed, not ready to shake the warmth of her mate out of her fur. Luna padded through the snow, seeing her Alpha, Ash, go back inside. She nodded with a bright smile and continued on her path down to the river. When she made it, she took a few steps in and lowered her head to the water, the chill of it not affecting her.

A certain playful subordinate female had followed the beta and she grinned. In a black blur Moon leapt forward, and pushed Luna into the water, cackling as she ran away from the water to hide in a bush before the beta saw. The young wolf, though 20 moons old, had had a accident as a pup, and now was stuck acting like one

One moment, Luna was taking a sip of water. The next she was swimming in it. She swam up, sputtering. It was more out of surprise than anger, but she snarled. Then she caught sight of Moon and sighed, tail wagging in the water. "Moon! I see you!" she shouted, splashing out of the water with a grin. She put her paws to the ground with her tail in the air. "Come on out!"

Moon giggled, the young acting subordinate trotting out in glee. She wagged her tail, bright eyes gleaming with mischief. Some of the pack stayed clear of moon because of her young actions, which she couldn't really help.

Luna knew her Pack sometimes didn't appreciate the pup and her actions, but Luna was more motherly like that. She liked all kinds of Wolves; even if that meant putting up with half drowned mornings. "Moon!" she leapt at her, tail wagging. She ran around her, back to the camp, sniffing for Ash or Dakota, her two favorite Wolves.

Moon trotted after Luna, the 20 moon old, pup acting wolf liked following the Beta. She was motherly, and didn't seem to mind Moons antics as much as the other wolves

Ash was again sat outside, watching the birds

Luna sat next to Ash, smiling. Ash knew she had a soft spot for Moon, their name's being very similar. Her tail wagged, her wet fur drying out as Luna waved her paw, the water splashing away from herself. "Morning, Alpha. How did you sleep?" she smiled and looked to her, always amazed by her wings.

Ash watched the two, frowning at the water, which she didn't like seeing as fire was extinguished by water. She smiled at Moon and Luna, before nodding, "Morning Luna. I slept fine" She replied, then frowned, "And I've told you to call me Ash" She muttered

Moon watched the two, then yipped and curled up at Lunas paws like a large pup

"I know. I just like calling you Alpha to get on your nerves. Anyways, Ash, what's the 411 today? So far we have an intruder," she lifted her paw to indicate to Moon. "She's very aggressive and should be taken heed with extreme precaution," she laughed, licking the pup's ear. "But, in all seriousness, whatcha need me to do?"

Ash chuckled at the pair, "Yes she looks very vicious" She laughed, watching them. She then looked at her Beta and shrugged, watching as Moon hopped off to sniff at something, "Luna...." She said quietly, "You know Moon can't be like this forever. She's three moons younger than you." Ash said softly, watching the adult pup.

Luna looked away, sad. "I know, Ash. You don't have to tell me. It's just...I try hard to get her to open up. But all she wants to do is play. It may just be her only way of coping with things," she sighed, voice lower now. Luna had felt a strong pull to the pup when they first met and she almost felt like her mother, to be honest. She'd never admit that to anyone, especially Dakota but it was something she couldn't help.

Ash sighed, "I know....but....." She sighed, and looked at her Beta, "Take her out hunting. See what she does. Please?" The Alpha asked softly.

Moon was blinking at a flower and growled at it

"Of course," she bowed her head and padded up to the pup. She nipped her ear with a big smile. "Hey, Moon! Wanna come hunting with me?" Luna's voice was excited, hoping to keep the pup interesting. Her big tail waved in the air, hoping if the tone of her voice didn't entice her, hypnotism would.

Moon yipped and nodded, tail wagging. She trotted up to Luna happily, her innocent, young eyes watching the slightly older wolf

Ash watched sadly

Luna nuzzled her and began to run, starting a bit slow so Moon could keep in pace. She was going to try and teach her like she did any other Wolf. This would be the day that Moon came back to the Pack with a deer in her jaws and act like a proper Wolf. Luna looked behind her to Ash and winked, hoping it would reassure the Alpha to not worry.

Ash smiled, hoping to the winds her pack was named after that everything would go ok

Moon bolted after Luna, paws thundering against the ground. She absently wondered what they were doing, she'd never hunted before and didn't really know what it was

Luna smiled and as they got far enough, she slowed down and crouched. "Alright. I want you to stay with your entire body pressed to the ground but sniff the air. Keep you tail low," she pressed the pup's tail to the ground "and your nose high." She lifted Moon's muzzle with her own. "Be very still and quiet. What do you smell?"

Moon did as she was told, clearly excited but taking it as seriously as she could. Her nose twitched as she sniffed the air, "D-Deer?" She asked. Moon hardly talked because of her stutter

"Yes, good job! Can you tell me how many?" she nodded, nosing the pup's ears. "Listen too. You can use both senses at the same time. If it helps, close your eyes so you can picture it." Luna spoke soft, proud of the pup.

Moon nodded, and did so, closing her silver eyes, "T-Two." Moon replied softly, opening her eyes and looking at Luna curiously with her innocent eyes

"Perfect. You're a natural. Now, I'm going to drive them over to the stream, alright? I want you make the killing move, got it? You'll hop up on it's chest and bite into his neck. Just like play fighting," she nodded, Luna's tail already turning invisible. "You have to get to the stream and I'll lead them there. The hunt will start as soon as I howl, so listen close, okay?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back