OOC Discussion

I offer mine.

Eh, thanks for the offer, but I've decided to let it play out in the RP itself. I prefer relationships to develop in RPs anyways. It feels weird already having one in place before I've even written for my character.

Eh, thanks for the offer, but I've decided to let it play out in the RP itself. I prefer relationships to develop in RPs anyways. It feels weird already having one in place before I've even written for my character.

Fair enough! Such is a good way of doing things.

Since I still can't post in the critique thread, I will just mention here that the rank should be E rather than N/A. and the minimum stat total is 10, max 12 for normal humans.

I would suggest a couple extra points in intelligence and will maybe? (maximum of 3 in any area)

Really like the concept of a plucky photoblogger dogging the steps of supers.  Who is the dangerous hero you refer to? An inquiring public wants to know!

I like the idea of this character. Like Gus has said she sounds like a possible good addition to the role play. I do have a few things I did want to bring up. 

Personally, I have had a hard time inserting my non student characters in to the role play. It may take a lot of foot work on your part as the writer to keep your character an active part of the IC story. Just keep that in mind. 

I also do have concerns about the strong ties between this character and your personal self. I see a lot of corlations between your character and your about me bio here on the site. My only concern being that it will be extra important to keep that self vs. character barrier. It maybe wise to change a few more things about the character, to create a greater distance between yourself and the character. That is just my personal preference for myself, that I have found useful in the past. 

Based on a few things I have already seen said, there seems to be some things where it was felt statements were directed at the writer not the character's development and I am wondering if that happened because of how closely the two relate to one another. 

Last edited by a moderator:
End of Episode 3Countdown

(function(){ var s=document.createElement('script');s.src="//www.tickcounter.com/loader.js";s.async='async';s.onload=function() { tc_widget_loader('tc_div_4052', 'Countdown', 650, ["1481432399000","america-new_york","dhms","FFFFFF3B5998000000FF0000","0","C0C0C00","End of Episode 3"]);};s.onreadystatechange=s.onload;var head=document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];head.appendChild(s);}());

(function(){ var s=document.createElement('script');s.src="//www.tickcounter.com/loader.js";s.async='async';s.onload=function() { tc_widget_loader('tc_div_33921', 'Countdown', 650, ['1481432399000', 'america-new_york', 'dhm', 'FFFFFF3B5998000000FF0000', '650', 'C0C0C01', 'End of Episode 3']);};s.onreadystatechange=s.onload;var head=document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];head.appendChild(s);}());

HOLY SHIT!

GUYS, GUYS, GUYS!!!

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!

POST EVERYTHING!

EVERRYTHIIIING!

I like the idea of this character. Like Gus has said she sounds like a possible good addition to the role play. I do have a few things I did want to bring up. 

Personally, I have had a hard time inserting my non student characters in to the role play. It may take a lot of foot work on your part as the writer to keep your character an active part of the IC story. Just keep that in mind. 

I also do have concerns about the strong ties between this character and your personal self. I see a lot of corlations between your character and your about me bio here on the site. My only concern being that it will be extra important to keep that self vs. character barrier. It maybe wise to change a few more things about the character, to create a greater distance between yourself and the character. That is just my personal preference for myself, that I have found useful in the past. 

Based on a few things I have already seen said, there seems to be some things where it was felt statements were directed at the writer not the character's development and I am wondering if that happened because of how closely the two relate to one another. 

I've never had trouble writing a character very similar to me. Frankly, I don't understand how a character being like me might even be a problem. It just means she'd react to most situations like I do IRL.

I've never had trouble writing a character very similar to me. Frankly, I don't understand how a character being like me might even be a problem. It just means she'd react to most situations like I do IRL.

It correlates with one of the primary rules in the unspoken rules of RP. 

Do not mix IC with OOC/IRL. 

While in and of itself, self insertion isn't a bad thing, but it can be a practice that can more easily lead to stress and higher states of emotion during certain situations. It increases the risk of taking things personally. 

The effects of the advice is more easy to understand when witnessed than explained. But that, in my opinion, is my take on what Manic said.

It correlates with one of the primary rules in the unspoken rules of RP. 

Do not mix IC with OOC/IRL. 

While in and of itself, self insertion isn't a bad thing, but it can be a practice that can more easily lead to stress and higher states of emotion during certain situations. It increases the risk of taking things personally. 

The effects of the advice is more easy to understand when witnessed than explained. But that, in my opinion, is my take on what Manic said.

Okay, I understand that.

But this is also how I RP. All of my characters have a part of me in them. 

I'm never offended by what happens IC, unless it makes no sense for someone to be attacking my character. Then I'll ask what's going on.

For some examples.

Should someone  lay down some harsh critique on a character that is a lot like yourself, it is easier to take that as a personal critique.

It is easier to become more invested in romances. That is something I have personally witnessed, to tragic results. This one shouldn't need much explanation.

When your char takes harsh criticism in IC, like being called fat or bullied by another character, you would more likely feel angered by it, taking it personally. As well as thinking more negatively of that player.

Frustrations from IRL and OOC can more easily find their way into the IC. 

__

More or less, the more of yourself you invest into your character, the the more vulnerable you can be. 

I have seen arguements and fights break out. I've seen hearts broken. Friendships strained and games plowed into the ground. RP is a form of media that is very easy to get sucked into. Without proper care, it really can do damage. Through offense or obsession or anything else. While no one can be faulted for escapism, our world's are purely fantasy. And being sucked in so deep that it effects our personal lives is something for every player to watch out for. This goes for more than just rp. The internet can be a dangerous place.

IC should be and stay as IC, and OOC/IRL should be and stay as OOC/IRL

Everyone has their own styles of play. It would be boring if we didnt. I trust you know what you are doing. I haven't seen anything you have done as wrong. Think of all of this as just friendly advice from a guy who has been around the block a few times. I consider them cautionary words that are good for many to hear. And whether you insert yourself into a character, or go out of your way to make someone totally not you, a newb or a vet, "Be careful" is something you can't be told too many times.

When your char takes harsh criticism in IC, like being called fat or bullied by another character, you would more likely feel angered by it, taking it personally. As well as thinking more negatively of that player.

Hmmm. I feel like I have witnessed this somewhere before too... 

Can't put my finger on it...

;-)

@Necessity4Fun

CONCENTRATE PELLEGRINI-SAN! FOCUS POWAH!

Also, a quick note: Sprint is not in Aaron's list of abilities. Swift trundle, power walk, and hustling with much huffing and puffing is about it.

It's why he needs to re-learn his teleport. If we're going to be fighting bad guys, he is just too slow for that.

Also, a quick note: Sprint is not in Aaron's list of abilities. Swift trundle, power walk, and hustling with much huffing and puffing is about it.

It's why he needs to re-learn his teleport. If we're going to be fighting bad guys, he is just too slow for that.

I'm aware of that actually. I totally goofed up >w<

In my defense, it was 3 AM and my focus was more on the vocabulary then anything else u.u (I was also panicking a bit because I had set myself to reply to something else too, but totally got distracted!)

But yeah, not sure people noticed but repeating words too much bothers me greatly for some reason, so I'm always running to the dictionary and substituting words after I typed everything down once OWO

Now, picture me doing that at 3 AM! XDD

I'll edit it later~ (I'm always editing posts for months later anyway XD)

(Why am I typing so much? IDK! I did not sleep at all! ; P )

To clarify my previous OOC statement - we are eight posts away from 250 posts in Episode 3. Everyone who has posted within the last four weeks (Nessy is helping me keep track thanks to spreadsheet magic) as of post #250 gets one extra character creation point. If you have not posted in a while (like myself), now would be a good chance to slip in a post both before the episode ends, and before someone else beats you to post #250!

I would post something for Danny, only that's kinda difficult while he's in respiratory arrest and rapidly approaching cardiac arrest, cerebral hypoxia and death.

Just saying...

Captain Hesperus

I would post something for Danny, only that's kinda difficult while he's in respiratory arrest and rapidly approaching cardiac arrest, cerebral hypoxia and death.

Just saying...

Captain Hesperus

Lazarus is onboard. You are going to be ok

post away

I trust that was a sufficiently eloquent means of reviving Daniel to the current situation?

Captain Hesperus 

I trust that was a sufficiently eloquent means of reviving Daniel to the current situation?

Captain Hesperus 

I mean, I had Sam in Urial's class and a few others were active earlier, but none of us knew Danny was in there.

Oops, wrong teacher...

blame it on the fact I'm writing at 3am in between looking after 15 poorly patients.

Captain Hesperus 

Maybe next episode, we'll have a full class in peace.

I find that to be a highly fallacious statement. I do believe there's something in the RP rules about 'at no time shall a single class progress from start to finish without serious interruption, near-fatality or significant structural damage'.

Captain Hesperus

Yeah you're right. You're an admin, you can probably see where that rule is hard-wired into the backend of the site...

Users who are viewing this thread