• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern OOC - Black Ops

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I have questions that may be relevant for Buckteeth Buckteeth too so Ill ask them here.
- Can I assume I have the weapons that I choose for my skills?
- Can the bot itself be used for cover?
- Are we (will we) be able to see life signs, or just the layouts of the room without the possibility of localizing the attacking team as they approach?
- What about the elevated platforms in the first room, can they be used for cover, how high and how far from each other they are, can one climb them for a better shooting position
- Does only one person, or both need to stay close to the bot for it not to stop moving?

I have questions that may be relevant for Buckteeth Buckteeth too so Ill ask them here.
- Can I assume I have the weapons that I choose for my skills?
- Can the bot itself be used for cover?
- Are we (will we) be able to see life signs, or just the layouts of the room without the possibility of localizing the attacking team as they approach?
- What about the elevated platforms in the first room, can they be used for cover, how high and how far from each other they are, can one climb them for a better shooting position
- Does only one person, or both need to stay close to the bot for it not to stop moving?

-Yes, you get to pick one main weapon, one sidearm (usually a small caliber handgun) and a melee weapon. Melee weapon will be non-letal, you must grab and “tap” someone to “incapacitate” him. You’re allowed to use magic, and cyberwarfare on this test.

-Yes, the bot can be used for cover. If you crouch behind it you’re pretty much “safe”.

-Nope, you can see each other’s positions and biomonitor, and that’s it.

-The elevated positions are there mostly to aid the attacking team on their assault, but yes, you can in fact climb up, and get comfy there. Those plataforms are basically reinforced scaffolds and run along the main “road” the bot will use to move; they’re about 7 stories high, wich means there’s 7 levels you can stand on.

-As long as one is close to the bot (10 feet) it will keep moving, if both of you are in range, the bot will move faster.

Extra Details:
All this happens in a construction yard that was modified to serve as a battlefield, there are old machines, disused robots and other industrial debris.

There will be 2 attacking teams in along the course, just a heads up.

Oof that's harsh. Are we using encumberance so armor choice matters? Should we talk tactics here or IC?

How About here And then make short posts describing what we discussed briefly And with better flow?

Sounds like a plan. First off I think we should leave the bot behind for the seven story section. It'll make us an easy target to ambush and flank, plus they probably piled shit in the way to stop it if they had the time. We'll pick it up after they're cleared out.

Sounds like a plan. First off I think we should leave the bot behind for the seven story section. It'll make us an easy target to ambush and flank, plus they probably piled shit in the way to stop it if they had the time. We'll pick it up after they're cleared out.

Yeah I don't think we necessarily need to worry about the bot right now; it will move as long as we are near it and stop moving when we are father away. So we take care of trying to neutralize whoever is there, it will probably move some during that time, so we can see how much of the route it has left to cover afterwards. However we shouldn't totally let it out of sight cause they might... blow it up or something and screw us over.

Here's an important thing: would we have some kind of idea about each other's abilities after so many months of training time? I feel that probably yes, since we know some people are mages or shamans too? So we could maybe list a few most useful relevant things we are capable of so as to best use our skills when working together. (No details but what we might have noticed about each other so far)

Last edited:
Oof that's harsh. Are we using encumberance so armor choice matters? Should we talk tactics here or IC?
Yes, encumberance "matters", not too much tho, just enough to be used in a more dramatic way. Also, you're not going to encounter all the awekened trainees in this test, maybe one or two, and possibly a hacker.

Yes, encumberance "matters", not too much tho, just enough to be used in a more dramatic way. Also, you're not going to encounter all the awekened trainees in this test, maybe one or two, and possibly a hacker.
The armor sets are basic and pre-made, both consist of a vest and helmet, one covers just the chest while the other shields from the neck to the groin. Once you pick one, I'll post what DR you've gained, also if you want to know something IC just say "I look into this or that" and I'll narrate what your pc might know about it.

Yeah I don't think we necessarily need to worry about the bot right now; it will move as long as we are near it and stop moving when we are father away. So we take care of trying to neutralize whoever is there, it will probably move some during that time, so we can see how much of the route it has left to cover afterwards. However we shouldn't totally let it out of sight cause they might... blow it up or something and screw us over.

Here's an important thing: would we have some kind of idea about each other's abilities after so many months of training time? I feel that probably yes, since we know some people are mages or shamans too? So we could maybe list a few most useful relevant things we are capable of so as to best use our skills when working together. (No details but what we might have noticed about each other so far)
You've been training for a year together, you know eachother's speciality, or at least most of it. If you get more than 10 meters away from the bot it will stop, also remember that this is a test, your accuaracy, tenacity, critical thinking and speed is going to be rated once you finish the course.

Is speed extremely important, rather than eliminating the attacking team, so one should always plan for one person to stay with the bot?

What advantage do strategy/tactics skills give me anyway, do I get to ask you if one thing would work better than the other And roll if you can tell me, or....?

Buckteeth Buckteeth Based on info above, you would then know that Im a hacker And use shotgun, pistol And melee/throwing weapons such as an axe. I dont have any impressive athletics skills nor magic.

Is speed extremely important, rather than eliminating the attacking team, so one should always plan for one person to stay with the bot?

What advantage do strategy/tactics skills give me anyway, do I get to ask you if one thing would work better than the other And roll if you can tell me, or....?

Buckteeth Buckteeth Based on info above, you would then know that Im a hacker And use shotgun, pistol And melee/throwing weapons such as an axe. I dont have any impressive athletics skills nor magic.
You can roll Strategy to get some info or some tip about a specific situation, if you roll a success I'll give you some insight, if you fail, I'll give fake info, or not give you any at all.

I'm ok with that, but I'll take a position more than ten feet away covering it. Easier to defend something that's not moving towards your enemies.

Its still a question of speed though? Personally I didn't get if dealing with the attackers first and moving the bot later will not give us minus points for losing too much time?

Its still a question of speed though? Personally I didn't get if dealing with the attackers first and moving the bot later will not give us minus points for losing too much time?
Yep, you'll lose points for taking too long, but you also lose points for taking damage, so emm... balance it out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back