News New Server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lepolarleopard said:
Me and my friend are having real problems with this "flushing" thing. I'm having to reply with my phone because it's the only device that will let me one here. We are getting frustraited because the directions don't help us at all. We both have Macs btw. If we could get some sort of help, that would be great!
I have a mac and I am on here with no need to do this DNS flushing thing.

Anyone that is still having trouble, the problem should resolve itself within 3 days as ISPs and browsers catch on to the new IP address. The tips provided were to help fix the problem sooner, but ISP-side issues may have to wait.

Kaerri said:
Anyone that is still having trouble, the problem should resolve itself within 3 days as ISPs and browsers catch on to the new IP address. The tips provided were to help fix the problem sooner, but ISP-side issues may have to wait.
To add to this:

• Check different websites to make sure your connection is not the issue.
  • Try RP Nation in a different web browser, one you might not use often.
    If it works, then your normal browser may just need to be restarted.
  • If it doesn't work, the DNS is still working its filthy black majicks.

[*]If all else fails, restart your router.

Good my people, if you're still having issues

A DNS flush is just a way for your computer to zero in on where the new server is in California (That is California, NOT 'cali', don't use cali, Cali's in Mexico).

If your computer isn't doing it right away here's how you can help it along:

For the PC: How To Clear Your DNS Cache - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

For the Mac: How to Clear DNS Cache in Mac OS X Yosemite

For IOS: How To Clear DNS Cache on an iPhone - iHash

For an Android phone: How to "Flush the DNS" on Android Devices and Phones

Hi guys, I'm on my phone using 4g to write this as I can't view the site on my PC when I'm connected to the Internet. I have flushed my DNS, refreshed my browser, and cleared all of my history, but none of this is working. I would really appreciate any help as I have roleplays to sign up to that only have a 24 hour reserve rule.

Sunkissed said:
Hi guys, I'm on my phone using 4g to write this as I can't view the site on my PC when I'm connected to the Internet. I have flushed my DNS, refreshed my browser, and cleared all of my history, but none of this is working. I would really appreciate any help as I have roleplays to sign up to that only have a 24 hour reserve rule.
Your ISP is most likely caching the old site on their end, so you'll have to wait a bit.

Try restarting your comp, it really does help.

DNS is something we don't control and is controlled on the level of the planet by internet service providers. It eventually updates.

[QUOTE="Yuuki Kuran]Does anyone know how to flush a dns on a kindle?

[/QUOTE]
I don't know if it will work the same but to do so on an iPhone you have to turn airplane mode on then off to reset the DNS

If I'm using data on my phone, it tells me I need a DNS reset/update no matter what I do. It goes away once I'm connected to Wifi

Sunkissed said:
I would really appreciate any help as I have roleplays to sign up to that only have a 24 hour reserve rule.
Can you not use your mobile device to reserve your spot?

SociallyAwkward123 said:
If I'm using data on my phone, it tells me I need a DNS reset/update no matter what I do. It goes away once I'm connected to Wifi
Your DATA provider like an ISP is caching the old site, it will be a bit before you see it on your data.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Your DATA provider like an ISP is caching the old site, it will be a bit before you see it on your data.

[/QUOTE]
Okay, thanks~

SociallyAwkward123 said:
also, look up at the links I offered on how to restart your DNS for a mobile phone.

Is it just me or did all the information vanish from my profile? I can't go back and find any of my threads that are supposed to be located under "All Threads By" and searching doesn't turn them up either. It's like they disappeared.

FloatingAroundSpace said:
Is it just me or did all the information vanish from my profile? I can't go back and find any of my threads that are supposed to be located under "All Threads By" and searching doesn't turn them up either. It's like they disappeared.
Searching is currently rebuilding.

2015-11-28_17-05-12.png

Did everything I could find on google to reset my DNS on my android and it still hasn't reset. At-least it works on my laptop ._.

[QUOTE="Hollowed Kadaver]I would've actually preferred an email in all honesty, an email stating what was gonna happen with the site and stuff, I know yall have a twitter, I dont, i stay away from that, in fact i try to stay away from most forms of social media.

[/QUOTE]
Make sure the email you signed up with is immediate to you. They sent emails days ago, so perhaps it went in your spam or you just didn't see it.

Works great :) Kinda sucked though, I thought the whole downtime already had happened so I was a bit confused.

Maybe next time do updates or rebuilding on a week day, most would be busy with school or work to even notice.

Thanks though ^'^

I had to access the site on a different device, because my device wouldn't let me see it. I even cleared my cookies (I think that's how you say it) and flushed my dns. :/

[QUOTE="Queen Mei]I had to access the site on a different device, because my device wouldn't let me see it. I even cleared my cookies (I think that's how you say it) and flushed my dns. :/

[/QUOTE]
Give it some time maybe. What device were you originally using?

Lonelytaco said:
Works great :) Kinda sucked though, I thought the whole downtime already had happened so I was a bit confused.
Maybe next time do updates or rebuilding on a week day, most would be busy with school or work to even notice.

Thanks though ^'^
Updates are done with Admin has time, and they're busy with school or work during the week too :)

Kaerri said:
Updates are done with Admin has time, and they're busy with school or work during the week too :)
Oh okay, well in that case no worries. I'm sure most of us can handle 20 minutes of downtime anyways. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back