My voice hates me. *cries as tiny violin plays*

So, since yesterday, I've been losing my voice. I sound like I'm a 12 year old boy going through puberty. And yes, before you ask, it's that bad. But now, this morning, it seems I've lost all ability to make sounds to form actual words... and that's just part of it.

I have an English project I'm supposed to present today. Like, in the whole class. I dunno what I'm going to do.
Ughhhhh. And I'm freaking out about the whole thing; how do you exactly tell the whole class "Well, umm... I can't talk" when you actually can't even talk?? My voice hates me. ;-; I really don't want to go to school. What if some teacher calls on me and I have to answer? Maybe I'll explain this to my friends and they can tell the teacher.... ughh, this is so embarrassing.

Anyone else have embarrassing stories of when they lost their voice?

Well, for one you should probably go see a doctor. Your lost voice is most likely due to inflammation of your larynx. This could be due to multiple reasons such as acid reflux or a throat infection, so you should go see a doctor first to see what's causing this and how to cure it.

As for class, tell your teacher that you can't speak. Probably write it on a note or something. A doctors note would be ideal in case he/she doesn't believe you but as your class is today, I believe you have no time to get one. Unless you can get examined by your school nurse. Make sure you let your teacher know at the beginning or before class so that it seems less like some excuse to get out of work.

It is important that you do not use your voice at all until you know what's wrong and are better. Do not even whisper, this could make it take longer for your voice to come back and even cause permanent damage to your vocal chords. Drink plenty of fluids but try to keep away from dairy or anything acidic.

Keep in mind that I am not a doctor so you should take my words with a grain of salt and be sure to ask a medical professional what you should do.

Yeah,(most) definitely not puberty, it makes your voice get deeper and SOMETIMES crack in the middle of a sentence not losing the ability to speak. Although, maturing is different for everybody and I am not a professional. Oh and follow what she said

(up arrow emoticon that I do not know)

@amdreams Thank you so much for your advice! I actually kinda freaked out at the possibility of a throat infection or acid reflux, but as it turns out now its completely gone leaving me with a sore throat. I told myself if it continued for another day, I'd go to the doctor, but now everything is fine and back to normal. If it happens again, I'm definitely going to my doctor (my school doesn't have a nurse...) and check it out. I took your advice and didn't speak for the whole day (well, mostly) and now I can talk normally and smoothly.

@Hunnyhelp Thank you, as well, for the advice! And I know it wasn't puberty (seeing as I'm 15) but I meant it as sarcasm. Sorry. x3 I guess its difficult to decipher sarcasm on the internet, and especially when its me. Hehe.

Thank you all for the concern! Y'all are so sweet. Love you all. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back