• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Millennium City: Stimulant - Quest: Next Day Delivery

While the smell was less than pleasant, the sewer certainly seemed safe, perhaps this would make for an acceptable hideaway in the future. It sure did stink though.
Aside from the smell, the only other thing down here with the pair were a few rats that scurried away the moment the pair arrived. Thankfully their threads gave off enough light that the areas of the sewer away from the open manhole weren't too dark to see in, and the pair could see that for the most part, this was a smooth concrete tunnel, with intersections that branched off semi-regularly.
The threads would no doubt prevent the pair from getting lost, so long as they paid attention to where they pointed them.

Maybe the bigger concern would be how they'd leave the sewers without being seen by nearby pedestrians. Surely it would look out of place, it might even start some scandalous rumours about the pair and their 'subterranean exploration'

Chungchangching Chungchangching Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7

Interactions:
DapperDogman DapperDogman Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7

VITAN ARMERSTRANNIE

Vitan again.png
"Don't be such a baby, it could be worse," Vitan said in an attempt to reassure him that it isn't all bad. This was going well enough though Vitan's delusions are telling her that something bad will happen. She can feel it. A fucking sewer monster would chase them and kill the duo so they better make this quick. She couldn't exactly use the thread to light the corners to see if anything's hiding from the shadows. She has no control over it. After a while of following the thread, she thought that the sewers would be slimier, you know? With disgusting muck dripping from the ceilings and falling down on her?

Vitan glanced towards his comrade and had to ask him one thing:

"So, uh, what's your name?"

1580852504993.jpeg
After walking a fair distance in a smelly sewer, Dandy starts to get second thoughts, but then removed them from his brain instantly when he saw Vitan’s booty by accident, he of course kept what he saw a secret. Vitan looks towards Dandy and asks “So, uh, what's your name?" which left dandy confused at first but suddenly remembered “Oh right, my name.” he says while getting into posture that would make him look mainly as possible “The name’s Space Dandy, friends like to call me Dandy. And don’t forget yet it” he then says in a ‘heroic’ tone of voice. After a moment of silence Dandy asks a question back “So, I’m assuming you have a beautiful name to go with that face?”.

Interactions:
DapperDogman DapperDogman Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7

VITAN ARMERSTRANNIE

Vitan.PNG
Vitan stared at him until he spoke again. She watched him do this cool ass pose in amusement before introducing himself as Space Dandy but she can call him Dandy for short. The tone of his voice is cool too. He's clearly trying to make a great first impression with her. Vitan wonders why. Another moment of silence happened until he asked her a question, complimenting her in the process. She lets out a giggle because it's not everyday somebody does that! Maybe this place isn't so bad after all, it could be better than back home since there are three dudes interested in her or that's what Vitan thinks. She already assumed they were in love with her just because they showed her common human decency.

"Oh, uh, Vitan. Vitan Armerstrannie. You're not so bad looking yourself!"

As the pair spoke and continued to move, they'd inevitably hear a shuffling sound come from one of the branching tunnels, as about 20 feet ahead of them, a large group of rats would emerge, bound by their tails. Well, not technically by their tails, but rather a ribbon tied around their tails. It seems someone was trying to create an artificial rat king. How distasteful

"Ere Guv'ner," one of the rats says, standing on two legs and crossing his arms "Wouldn't mind getting this soddin thing off us, would ya?" he asks, pointing back at the ribbon
The other rats seemed more preoccupied with eating small morsels or attempting to navigate around the pile of bodies to reach the ribbon to get free to talk.

It seems the pair had the choice of freeing these strangely sapient rats, or leaving them to shamble slowly in circles till they starve

'They' wouldn't really react all that much to the looks, 'They' didn't care. They had a goal now, a goal; lesser than a mission but still on priorities. Since 'Their' mission was actually quite broad and vague, and not able to be simply completed the task 'They' held now would assume precedence. That being said, 'They' would pretty quickly notice the person following them, which would be quite surprising for a creature with no visible eyes... or nose, or ears. It was actually a genuine mystery how they sensed anything at all. That being said once 'They' had been walking for long enough where it was obvious that this person was undoubtedly following them 'They' would quickly turn around, doing so in a startlingly quick and fluid motions, as their body squeezed together and their limbs and tail pulled in to minimize the disruption to the foot traffic around them. With one long step they'd approach their "stalker" and addressed them in their curious but painfully sharp, glassy, tone

"Greetings. Query; What are you doing? Query; Why follow. Query; What do you want?"

Even with the lack of eyes in general as the great albino beast's head was so directly pointed at whoever it was that was tailing them, it'd still give the same firm feeling of being stared down.

DapperDogman DapperDogman

A broken, yet oddly toothy smile was the only reply before the individual drew a decidedly archaic-looking firearm, levelling it at the creature before him "Never seen anyone like you before. Reckon you got something worth taking" he lets out a laugh, a hoarse barking sound that was followed by a few sputters and a harsh cough, ejecting wads of black liquid onto the floor at his feet "Hand it over. Whatever it is" he waves the weapon around in 'their' general direction, snarling through now blackened teeth

domisunique domisunique

1581188145233.png
"Your name is just as beautiful as that face. That's a score for Dandy" he says while jumping in excitement. After a moment of congratulating himself, he stands up straight and starts to walk forward, "Come on then, let's get going" he says. Just as he finished his sentence he could hear a loud sound ahead which makes him stop and shout "Hey who's there, you better not try anything.", trying to act heroic and less scared than he actually is. Dandy considered running however once he saw it was only rats he just raised an eyebrow in confusion. He entered the most generic material art stance he could think of once he saw one of them stand on its 2 feet however stood up straight once the rat spoke and explained it needed help. Dandy's face drops while blinking more times than normal after realising his 'heroic' act was all for nothing. He walks over to the rats and attempts to untie the ribbon but after numerous failed attempts, he shouts towards Vitan "Hey, I need a little help over here".

'They' would continue to look at the sickly man as they went on about their little speech, and their demand for what they had. That being said 'They' were slightly concerned for the man given their seemingly current ill nature. That being said 'They' would speak, not even the slightest bit intimidated,

"Hostilities detected; Hostilities ill-advised. Answer; No value. Concerns; Appearance of poor physical health, Suggestion; Seek medical aide. Query; Are you alright?"

'They' spoke in a very... unnatural way. It was borderline painful to listen to and it held no emotion, no inflections and very little pauses, most of their speak being strung together in a variety of associations that came on quite fast with little stops. It could either be the most efficient or most confusing way of communication... depending on who you asked. Nonetheless it was how the great albino beast communicated.

"The fuck are you talking like that for?" the man asks accusingly, once again brandishing the weapon carelessly, he narrows his discolored eyes in a frown as he grinds what's left of his putrid teeth together, his thumb anxiously checking and rechecking that the hammer of the small rifle had been cocked, ready to discharge. He lets out a soft growl as he takes another step forward "Just hand over what you got, before you get got, got it?"

domisunique domisunique

The giant 18ft tall, massive, albino creature didn't seem very intimidated by... well any of this and the fact that there were slim chances they knew what a fire-arm was didn't exactly give them a reason to take to much threat in all of this. The great beast just said in the same needling glassy way,

"Negative; Interruption of Goal. Goal; Smaller Mission, Disruption of goal, disruption of mission. Item; Required for goal."

The great white beast would extend back up to their greater height, transitioning back to their bipedal stance as they paused for a few seconds before repeating, "Hostilities Detected; Hostilities Ill-Advised."

Interactions:
Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 DapperDogman DapperDogman

VITAN ARMERSTRANNIE
Vitan.PNG
This guy won't stop with the flirting. She shook her head with a soft smile about to follow him to wherever the exit is going to be until she heard the noises, sticking close to Dandy to use him as a distraction whenever something bad happens like throwing him to whoever is in the shadows. Vitan was ready to give Dandy a shove in the 'right' direction but all that appeared were rats.

This is even worse than a serial killer.

Vitan hate rats! they're so disgusting and eats all of your food! Gah! She glared at them in disgust. One of them asked for both of the duo to remove the ribbons and Dandy just blindly walks over there without a care in the world. Goddamnit. She stayed away from the rats until Dandy asked her for help. She shrugged and slowly made her way towards them but she's still paranoid over this.

"Are you sure they won't just eat our faces off when we remove the ribbon?" She asked Dandy.​

After the numerous failed attempts at untying the ribbon, he manages to make it loose and reasonable undone. Once Vitan started speaking, Dandy realised he might of strewed up so looks at Vitan with a straight and confused face while shrugging and replying “Ya know, I never thought about that until now...”. He starts to look down at the, now, undone ribbon and then back to Vitan. After a couple of seconds Dandy comes to the realisation “They’re just rats, baby” he says out loud in a joyful manner.

The toothy grin of the would-be mugger never falters, his finger tensing on the trigger slowly as he growls, aiming the weapon toward the creature and discharging a shot, unfortunately for the man, he had another coughing attack, causing his entire body to convulse, the shot flying wide and shattering a window across the street with a hail of small projectiles. "Fuck" he growls, thumbing back the hammer once more and pointing it at the pale beast before him "Fuck you too!"

domisunique domisunique

"..." the rat looked between the pair, his beady eyes full of judgement "Eat your face" he mutters "Not likely, we prefer mushrooms" he pulls his tail free of the ribbon, rubbing at the reddened area where it'd been bound, after a moment, he turns, putting his hands on his hips, some of the other rats free themselves and scurry away, squeaking, while a few others groan and stand up on their hind legs "Alright boys, remember these faces, you owe these folks a favour. Scuttling Squad's honour depends on you repaying them" the rat turns back to the pair, crossing his arms "When you need help, look where you'd least expect it" he says, before turning and waving for the other rats to follow him as he disappears into one of the drainage tunnels "Now, off to get the bastard who strung us up!"

How...Unexpected

Annotation 2020-01-14 171734 (1).png
SAvAZdg.gif

The really tiny blonde girl spoke up. From her uniform it looked like she was from the military and from the badges you can tell she is good at what she does. Tanya was pretty confused with the whole job overall. It payed half decent though as $500 was nothing to sneeze at.

“Who ever thought Rats could talk? This is really weird...This is the work of ‘Being X’ it’s pretty clear. The gun I have doesn’t have any ammo. You two got any ammo? I bet ‘Being X’ is sitting up there in the sky laughing at me trudging through the sewer. Oh I’m Tanya by the way. Who are you guys?”
Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 Chungchangching Chungchangching (Kept you waiting huh)

Dandy turns towards the rats and watched them talk and eventually runoff, he shouts “Hey, get back here. You could help by coming with me to the registration centre” while kicking the floor. Dandy turns to Vitan and says “And that was me hoping to double the profit of this delivery. The Alien Registration Centre would of paid enough Wooloogs to last me months”. He didn’t even realise the young girl behind him until she started speaking, which made Dandy jump. He looks towards the young girl, who introduced herself as Tanya, and replies “Hello Tanya, you can call me Space Dandy” however once he finished the sentence he decides to asks a question “Ain’t you a little young to be doing slave labour like this?”.

Interactions:
Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B

VITAN ARMERSTRANNIE

Vitan.PNG
Holy shit, they didn't eat our faces. Well, I was just trying to be cautious because those rats were shady as hell. I'm surprised they didn't berate me for my hesitance to let Dandy free them. I watched them scurry away before I was met with Dandy again, turning to me and whined. I raised my eyebrow in response wondering what the fuck is a 'Wooloog'. I just assumed it was money and was about to tell him to stop being a baby until Tanya spoke up and got my attention. I didn't pay attention to her that much even if she was following us. I've seen a couple of child soldiers too in the dimensions I've been sent in so I wasn't surprised, those children can handle themselves and they're surprisingly more mature than I even if I'm 24 years old, says a lot about me, huh?

Then she started babbling on about some kind of being X or some shit and asked for ammo. I shook my head and then she asked me a question I can answer: My name.

"Uh, Vitan. Vitan Armerstrannie."

“Ain’t you a little young to be doing slave labor like this?”

"She's gotta make money somehow, right? I doubt her parents are around since I don't see anyone bothering to take care of her."

With the rats now gone, the sewer returns to its usual silent ambiance. The strings in the trio's possession kept pointing forward stoically, unphased by the unusual events. All the group could do now was hope the rats would prove to be valuable allies in a time of need. They did manage to get tied up together, how competent could they really be?

In any case, they were alone, and the tunnel was once again safe for them to continue moving along their path. I suppose they could also take the ribbon if they so desired. It was a simple red ribbon, mundane in appearance and without any special markings or designs. It could be used to tie up your hair if you don't mind wearing a ribbon that was bound to a bunch of rat tails a minute ago.

Chungchangching Chungchangching Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B

Dandy looks back at the two girls and replies in a excited and friendly tone, while ignoring Vitan’s prior remark “Why we just stood here, we’ve got the ticket to payday in our hands and we’re just gonna delay it? Let’s hurry this up!”. He starts walking forward, completely forgetting vitan had the navigator, to then turn around again once he’s a few feet ahead of them. Dandy shouted towards the group “Come on slowpokes!” before turning around and continuing to walk forward, however at a snail’s pace to give both of them a chance to catch up with him.

'They' would just observe the man for a few seconds, recognizing their illness but also with a few short assessments realizing there wasn't anything 'They' could personally do to amend it. With no solution the great white beast would turn their mind back to their other goal that was more so easily completed. That being said the albino creature would just start moving again, turning away from the man as they moved away with long great strides, powerful but graceful as they avoided colliding with any passerby's without interrupting to much, or being interrupted themselves. They'd been told to deliver a box... and everything else be damned if this narrow focused creature wasn't going to deliver that box.

Annotation 2020-01-14 171734 (1).png
saga_feat.jpg

"I'm technically 30 years old. Don't ask how or why just know that God hates me and I hate him back equally if not even more than he hates me. I've also been in service for around three years and am ranked as a General. Anyway let's get going because we all need the cash am I right?"

Tanya progressed forwards catching up to Dandy.

"If we get attacked can I hide behind you?"

Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 Chungchangching Chungchangching DapperDogman DapperDogman

• To the group's surprise they would hear the sound of sewer water sloshing behind them. It seemed like it was coming from around a small passage in the sewer accompanied by a dim orange light and the feint waft of warm excrement.

A sickening cough forewarns the group of the approaching organism, was it some kind of sewer monster...?!

Steve stumbles out of the passage into the groups line of sight, with a bandana and some goggles on his face. He clutches the sewer wall, gagging and heaving.
    "Ahk- Oh- Ughkgh..."
    He slowly looks up at the group and gestures them a hello with his free hand, "Using a flamethrower as a torch is a bad idea in the sewers... Ughhkk..." He comments.
    "If you think that shit is the worst smell in world, well then wait till you get a load of warm, steamy sewer shit..!" The jock spluttered, presumably trying to get the horrible taste and smell out of his mouth.
    Steve then walks over to greet the rest of the group.
    "Sorry for being late; got caught up in some shit, literally." Steve was always happy to crack a joke no matter how much he hated any situation he was in.
    "So, is uh? Kiseki around? Maybe she could heal my nose-smelling things, they're probably all dead and I'm never going to be able to smell again."

Cal Kestis
Mentions:
Chungchangching Chungchangching Centurion_ Centurion_ DapperDogman DapperDogman 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7

Cal Kestis was following close behind Steve, pinching his nose to block out the smell. "I could have told you it was a bad idea if you'd stopped to listen to me first," he said in a nasally voice. Unplugging his nose, Cal dared to take a breath and had to struggle not to gag and throw up. "That J guy told us everything we need to know. We just need to deliver the package, right? Seems easy enough."

Cal took note of everyone who had decided to take the job. There was the little girl from the bar, the pompadour guy, that Steve guy Kiseki had been hanging around with, and Vitan, who he'd gotten to know a little bit. He gave her a warm smile, he was glad to see she was doing alright. None of them really seemed like fighters, but he knew that looks could be deceiving. Clutching his lightsaber hidden under his work poncho, Cal felt like he was ready to take on the world again, but he knew it would be a lot harder if he had to protect these guys. He figured the best thing to do would be to keep an eye on the girls and just trust that the other guys knew what they were doing. "Well, no sense in sticking around here. We should get moving."

Interactions:
GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack Centurion_ Centurion_ Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B

VITAN ARMERSTRANNIE
1583228698047.png
Vitan wanted to take this job slowly, nobody is rushing them so why not relax while they do it but that idea is definitely out of the picture since Space Dandy over here wants to pick up the pace. Oh well, they need to finish this job quickly if they want to get money fast and staying here too long might get the stench stuck to them so she ran towards Dandy, catching up to him with Tanya. Speaking of Tanya, she definitely caught Vitan's attention when she announced her real age. She even had a rivalry with God which Vitan can relate to. The down on her luck lassie has no real proof that God cursed her with unending bad luck but she thoroughly believes that he made every single cosmic force against her.

And then Tanya said she's a general. . . Vitan has heard of weirder things, moving on. Tanya asks for Dandy's help when they get attacked but not hers?! Why not Vitan? Is she too weak or something, is that what's happening here? Too incapable?? Vitan felt bummed out until she heard the sewer water sloshing behind them. Vitan jolted up as she immediately looked at the source of the sound.

It was. . .

It was. . . !

The weird dude back in the vehicle.

Vitan let out a sigh of relief before waving him off as nothing to worry about. There she saw Cal! She returned a warm smile back to him. He's pretty much the only person here Vitan saw as decent so it's nice to see him around.​

Last edited:
The man stares as the great beast turns it's back, but he doesn't get to do an awful lot to stop it, as a man rushes across the street with a bat, yelling about his broken window, and waving the weapon around angrily. The man turns on his heels and makes a break for it down the alley, being pursued by the angry man with the bat. It seems like They didn't have to do anything. Some people really are their own downfall, it seems.

domisunique domisunique

The sewers had become quite packed with people making their way to the delivery point. Stealth was certainly a popular option with this group, and J might take note of such a detail for future endeavors. Assuming he was watching, of course. The group would meet no obstruction for now, and after a while of moving in a straight line, the threads with them would twist in the air for a moment, mingling with each other as if talking, before making a ninety-degree turn, and pointing to one of the side tunnels. It looked dark and was at a slight upward angle, but it sounded quiet in there.
The group could also see a ladder up and out of the sewer around a hundred feet ahead of them and could choose to take the last leg of this journey by foot if they so wished.

centipede centipede GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack Chungchangching Chungchangching 2Bornot2B 2Bornot2B Dylan.thomas7 Dylan.thomas7

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back