• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Mercenaries of Deretor (RP Thread)

After hearing William's words, Kyou smiled a bit. He had reminded him of one of his mother's favorite lines. 'Always look on the bright side' She would always say.

"I suppose you're right. After all, we wouldn't of made it this far if we couldn't handle it."

Deep down inside, Kyou knew that what William was saying was just wishful thinking. However, this didn't stop him from making himself believe that it was true.

Vala's shudder made Kalryn wonder at the things she must have gone through, but they were quickly pushed aside when he heard Kyou's declaration. Overconfidence leads to all the wrong places. Afterwards, William went on a slight rant. The man talked too much, but he had an endearing quality to him. At the end of it, Kalryn's mouth twisted into a smirk, but his upper face remained hidden by the hood. "We have that name because that's what our leader wrote down. Names mean nothing in a fight." He paused for a second to consider. "A trap walked into by someone knowing of it is still a trap. We're sure of a trap, but not how it's a trap. That's not enough." He still wasn't sure that sending the whole group at once was a good idea, but it was one of the only choices they had, and Vala's affirmation backed that up. Even still, Kalryn had more than his fair share of doubts.

Kalryn pulled his hood down a little further, then withdrew back to the wall and away from the table. This council irritated him for some reason. All this attempted second-guessing bothered him. In the end it was all a guessing game, and everyone thought they had the answers somewhere in hand when really it's nowhere to be found except in the doing. He leaned back onto the wall, crossed his arms, and put his left leg over his right. He could hear the rest from here and he'd speak when he needed to. That was good enough for Kalryn. He would be the voice of wisdom here, as he was older than everyone else here. A quick glance at Markov reminded him. Older than almost everyone here. He was certainly saner than Markov was. Crazy bastard.

@The Mythic Dragon @Calibutcher @Whisker @Calibutcher @Yonsisac

Unlike the others at the table, Aedan was deliberately trying not to look at Vala. He didn't want to know what she had been through or what she had endured. He'd seen such things more than he cared to admit to anyone or anything ... and getting angry and disturbed before the fighting had even begun would not be good for his mental health or the group as a whole.

He sighed and drummed his fingers on the table as his expression darkened into shadow.

"So we're all in agreement then? Should I be getting my things ready?"

He hadn't swung his sword in almost two weeks. He needed a warm up at the very least before doing any scouting. Something to take his mind off of fighting Curze and the other Hound trash again. Ever since that day he had experienced the blossoming rage inside of him during the last fight, he'd been kind of anxious about feeling it again. It was so new ... so foreign ... so him. It both frightened and intrigued him at the same time. This fight would be more than just a chance to put the Bloody Hounds six feet under where the rest of the trash belonged.

He looked over towards William and nodded in approval as the guy changed his mind about coming.

"
Good. You can practice your offhand. Most fighters target hands to begin with in the hopes of lowering capabilities. You can prove them wrong."

@The Mythic Dragon @bourgeoisiemustache

~Before the meeting~

Leo was sat outside, doing nothing right now, except relaxing. It felt good to relax, that was until Vala called for all the the members to make their way to the hall. Leo sighed as he stretched with a slight yawn, he was still tired. But he was excited to finally be able to go on a mission.

~During the meeting~

Leo sat there quietly with his hands on the table as he listened to Kyou give the details about the mission they would embark on. He listened to what everyone was saying very carefully, he took everything in. He would have said something too but he didn't want to. Leo sat there quietly until the topic of 'Pirel coming to the base' Came up, and what was said after that didn't make Leo the happiest person alive, which was obvious go everyone, but he managed to contain his anger. He then spoke, looking directly at Kyou. "'If you had to choose between Vala and Keira's lives, and the lives of the rest of us, who would you pick?'" So essentially, you are saying that you would be happy for them to die for the safety of everyone else? Should the enemy come here, which let's be honest, has a high chance of happening. Pirel is a smart man, there is no denying that. Heck he is probably smarter than all of us. He might want us all to go investigate this so he can come here, heck he is probably expecting it, it makes perfect sense, as we then wouldn't have a base of operations. We'd be at a huge disadvantage. But still, we can't leave Vala and Keira here on their own. At least two others should stay here, just to be sure. Although most of you probably disagree with that, but to me, it makes sense."

He paused for a moment to catch his breath, and with a sigh he began to calm himself down, "Who cares if this place gets rigged with traps? Or if it got destroyed? Buildings can be repaired, traps can be disarmed. Lives however, they can't be repaired. Once broken they are broken forever... Dead. I wouldn't be able to live with myself should harm come to Vala or Keira whilst we were on a mission. Vala is a very capable woman, but Keira isn't a fighter...They wouldn't stand a chance. I couldn't leave them here alone during this mission... It just doesn't sit right with me.."

Leo sat at the table and twiddled his thumbs, as he lowered his head to look down at them, he realised that he probably spoke out of turn a lot there. But he really didn't care, it was how he felt after all.

Kyou stood up and punched the table with enough force to brake the wood. Then, he walked up to Leo and hoisted him up by his collar from his chair.

"I never said that I would be happy! Do you really think that I feel comfortable leaving Vala, the love of my life; and a defenceless woman here! You think that you're the only one who would have a guilty conscience, well let me tell you something! You aren't the leader! You don't know what it feels like to know that if anyone dies, its your fault! If you feel like such a knight in shining armor, then you stay here and look after them! Let's see how long you last..." Kyou was ready to punch Leo square in the jaw when he realized what he was doing.

He relinquished his grip on Leo's collar and allowed him to fall. "I don't even care anymore. Once you guys are done, meet me outside. We leave in a hour." Then, with a swish of his cloak, Kyou exited the building.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leo continued to twiddle his thumbs as he looked downwards. This however was soon interrupted by a loud thud. As he raised his head, he watched as Kyou planted his fist into the table. How sighed, he expected this. As Kyou approached him and lifted him up by his collar, Leo looked at him square in the eyes as he spoke. There was no point in holding in his anger now. "If you weren't comfortable with it then why the fuck would you even suggest it! Using the lives of two women to save your own hide. Some kind of leader you are!"

Leo kept his gaze on Kyou, listening to him spouting on about feelings and knights. Leo sighed, his look then turned into a glare. "And how on earth would you know how I feel? Exactly. You don't. So don't bring my feelings into it because let's be honest, all you care about is yourself. That much is obvious."

This time, Leo didn't care about what he said. He tried to keep himself calm but the attempts of staying calm didn't work. As Kyou dropped him back into his chair, Leo stood up, the temptation of hitting him was overwhelming, but he didn't. As Kyou walked away Leo sighed, straightening his collar as he said, "How long I last? No, the real question is.. How long will you be able to last until the weight of 'Leadership' caves down around you."

With that, Leo left the room, and headed down to the animal pens to see Saber.

< @LeSoraAmari >

When Leo left the lodge, Kiera walked up to him... and slapped him. "You idiot! Do you think I would have come here if I didn't understand the risks!? Kyou has been doing his best to keep everyone alive, and has the toughest job of anyone here. If you truly want to protect us, then lift him up! If he falls, we will all fall." She was close to yelling at him, tears in her eyes. "I am not helpless, neither is Vala. If worse comes to worse, we know how to run. Now, go and apologize to him." She says, walking away towards the pens, only to look back. "Leo... go talk to him... or I won't cook for you ever again." She runs off, tears falling to the ground.

After Kyou stormed out, he decided that he needed some alone time. He sat under a nearby tree and closed his eyes. 'I really need to think before I act. That little show undoubtedly lowered everyone's opinion of me. If only...'

Kyou slowly slipped into sleep.

@LeSoraAmari

As he listened to his friend's views on the mission, Durzol just couldn't decide. He believed that the best way to defeat someone was from the shadows, secretly so that they would never be caught. But, he guessed, Pirel wasn't like him. He was never taught to leave no trace and just recently he had signed his name on that attack on William. Durzol killed people quickly, silently. One minute, they were reading a book in their bedroom, the next they were dead on the floor. He left no traces. Some called him a demon or a phantom killer. Durzol knew that he was just a man trying to make end's meet.

Nyvrell spoke up and he grinned, just being in her presence made him happy. Durzol knew that she was strong. It wasn't his place to be protecting her, she was a strong woman by herself. If she needed anything, he'd be there. All she had to do was ask.

Then, Vala spoke up... And Durzol felt his blood chill. She described her experiences of servitude, the terrible things that Pirel did to her. His grin hardened into a grimace.

Being an assassin for so long had probably warped his perception of life. The minute Kyou grabbed Leo by the collar, Durzol went on high alert, his hand immediately flying to his knives. He felt ashamed the moment he realized he had done it and lowered his hand the minute Kyou dropped Leo and stalked outside.

"Gods," Durzol said tersely as he looked around the room. "I think we all need a bit of relaxation... If we're leaving in an hour then I'm going out to lunch. Anyone can come with and I'll pick up tab..." He just wanted his newfound friends to be happy. Fighting and brooding was not the best way to bolster camaraderie. He then looked at Vala. He refrained from touching her, in fear that he would scare her.

"I'm sorry about what Pirel did to you," he said in a low voice. "Thank you for helping us find him, I know how hard this must be. If you need to talk... I'm always open."

He then walked outside, flustered and found Nyvrell. He smiled sadly at her, thanking her for the balm.

"Do you want to come?" he asked her. "Because you don't have to. You can do whatever you want."

@The Mythic Dragon

William was fed up with the banter and the indecision, he had said what he needed to... He only hoped it would be enough to bolster the team. William stood up and walked out not giving a reason why. William wanted to clear his head so he headed for the stables, Tallahu at least would listen. William sat next to his trusting Ibex for a moment he patted his side, Tallahu just bleated at him. William thought for a moment. "Of course you are right noble steed." William stood and mounted his Ibex. As he made his way to the edge of Phoenix rest he took one last look, He could not see anyone watching him. He spurred Tallahu on and vanished into the woods. Tallahu ran swift and silent, it's why William preferred him over a horse though he was a little more uncomfortable to ride. "gotta make a real saddle sometime."

@The Mythic Dragon @Kirito Kei

As soon as Leo left the lodge, and began heading towards the animal pens, he was met by Keira. Who looked angry. Leo was about to ask her what was wrong when suddenly she slapped him. Leo stood there silently, he put his hand onto his cheek, it was warm to the touch and slightly stung, it was a good slap.

Leo lowered his hand from his cheek and listened to Keira giving him a telling off. Which was just the thing Leo needed, even he knew that. He listened to what Keira had to say without making eye contact. In all honesty he was ashamed and slightly embarrassed with himself. When Keira told Leo to go apologise to Kyou he held in a sigh. He was actually planning to just go in the woods and sulk like a child, but he knew that that wouldn't be the right thing to do. Keira than ran off crying, Leo sighed as he mumbled to himself, "I-I didn't want that to happen...". With that he sighed and scratched his head, "I guess I have to go and apologise then,"

He searched the area for Kyou for a good five minutes and couldn't find him, that was until he looked in the most obvious place and saw him sat by a tree, sleeping. Leo sighed and approached the sleeping man, he stood there and called his name multiple times and hoped that he would wake up, he didn't really want to wake him by force, that would just make things worse. Not to mention the awkwardness he was feeling, it was as if someone was watching.

'What is it now?'

Kyou's eyes slowly began to open to open as he heard someone call his name. As his vision returned, he noticed the outline of what seemed like a person. Startled, he jumped to his feet. In a rushed tone, almost as if he had been caught doing something bad by a guard, Kyou began to speak.

"What? Of course I wasn't sleeping-" After a few seconds, Kyou seemed to realize where he was and who he was talking too. "Oh... its you. What do you want?" He said with his hand slowly moving to the hilt of his blade.

'Don't tell me he's here to fight! I really don't want to fight you Leo...'

@LeSoraAmari

Leo stood there as Kyou slowly began to wake up. The man looked confused at first but realised who he was when his vision returned completely. Leo awkwardly smiled and scratched his head when Kyou said "Oh... it's you. What do you want?". Leo then noticed Kyou slowly reaching for the hilt of his sword. Leo looked at Kyou and said, "There's no need to draw your blade... I didn't come here to fight you. Besides, If I was intent on doing so I would have just done it while you slept. But like I said. I didn't come here for that...". He leant up against a tree opposite Kyou and began to speak. "I came here to apologise. I got carried away and I shouldn't have said what I said, I truly had no intention of angering you... In all honesty, I should have just kept my mouth shut... But me being me, that didn't happen. What I did was shameful. So I guess I'm asking for you to forgive me.." He sighed, letting out an awkward smile, "It's okay if you don't though... Where I come from, I wouldn't have forgiveness granted to me. You could even hit me if you wanted to? I don't know..."

Leo sighed, he was never really good at apologising to people. And he probably looked strange with a red mark on his cheek. He knew that as soon as this was over, he'd be going straight to someplace quiet.

@Kirito Kei

Kyou was quiet for a moment as he listened to what Leo had to say. He leaned on the side of the tree that was opposite to Leo.

"You know... I trust you. That's why I chose you to lead the Direct Squad during our first mission. You seemed to be the only one with his head screwed on right. In a weird way... I sort of held your opinion to a higher standard than the others. I think that's why I lashed out at you when you said what you said."

Kyou was quiet for a few more seconds before he spoke again.
"Trust me, I have no intention to let anyone in this guild die. It's just that... that's a bit difficult to do when the person you're fighting is always two steps ahead. I'm trying my best here, I only ask that you trust me and my decisions. You are forgiven..."

@LeSoraAmari

< @Kirito Kei @Whisker @ChristinaXIV @Daimao @LeSoraAmari @Fezzes @bourgeoisiemustache @Macbeth @Calibutcher @Yonsisac >

One hour later, the phoenixes set off in their differing states of being. The group is silent on the way to the caravan, and once they get there, Kyou begins barking orders to spread out and search. Lin stands up straighter than usual, either trying to show off, or proud that he finally gets to do some good. He takes Athaulf and Keiyan, promising to bring them back before following them as they pick up scents, and move deeper into the trees they were near.

Fifteen minutes pass, and Lin comes back, Keiyan comes back.barking and getting the group's attention. As soon as she had it, she ran back into the forest, leading the group to Athaulf... and Lin, lying on the ground with and arrow in his chest and a dead archer next to him, probably courtesy of the wolf who was standing guard. "L-lord Kyou... I found them... I'm hurt... but I found them." He wheezes, pointing a finger towards a clearing. "Did...I...do...good, my...lord..?" Lin starts coughing up blood as Nyvrell runs up to him, her balm jar in hand.

< + @JishinAkuma >

In the clearing was Curze, who was outfitted in the same manner as before, only in the colors of Yunich, and three other figures. One looked familiar... William!? They were surrounded by a large force of what seemed to be Hound Remnants, judging by their tattoos. Although he couldn't be seen, Pirel was obviously somewhere, as his voice could be heard: "Welcome, Ascended Phoenixes! I see you came to find what happened to the great Curze? Well, he is going to die, as are you. I cannot have anyone disrupting my plans. I will be sure to give Vala your regards... and yours to Keira, Leo."

Now behind the group, in the trees, were even more Hounds, leaving them no escape. They'll have to fight one way or another.

[ Curze, William and Axel are surrounded by 50 Hounds. Up to 5 kills each]

[The rest are surrounded by close to 200 Hounds, not including the aforementioned 50 Can make up to 5 kills on either group, be sure to specify which.]

< @Deltorian Nephran >

[You are also in the group with Curze, inside the ambush ring. Up to 5 kills]

While the rest of the group spread out in search of clues as to the whereabouts of Curze, Aedan turned his horse westward and rode into the forested valley below. The shadows were deepest there and the great salt cliffs that lined the main road pressed in around him as his eyes roved upwards in muted interest. Indeed, the area was perfect for some kind of ambush, and Aedan was far more interested in trusting his ears and his nose than his eyes in this situation. He eventually came upon a narrow trail to the side of the woods and he spurred Ajax on to it causing the great stallion to perk his ears in mild alarm.

"Easy, brother. I know what I'm doing."

He gave the neck a few sturdy pats before they were off again, winding through the trees as though the two were nothing more than a pair of ghosts. The shadows all around him were thick from the lack of daylight getting through the lush canopy, but Aedan was now longer concerned about was above him as much as what was below. There were the footprints of armored men, the occasional discarded item like a ring or arrow tip, and something else that caused him to be more on guard than ever.

At long last, he heard the sounds of a fight going on and he dug his heels into the side of his horse so that they flew down the trail at a frightening speed, his hands coming up often to slap branches from out of their path. Aedan would soon arrive in the clearing where his horse would rear upwards and paw at the air with a great bellow that echoed everywhere. Aedan wasted no time jumping off and peering down at Lin, the stable boy, who was injured nearby.

"
You did fine, kid. You just lay your ass there for the healer."

He wasn't Kyou and neither was he eloquent, but he could sometimes get carried away in moments of great stress. Looking away from the boy laying on the ground to Nyvrell who was running up to him with a jar in her hands, Aedan reached on put a hand on her shoulder in passing as if to get attention.

"
Listen, I'm not the boss so I'm not gonna presume to tell you what to do. I am, however, leaving Ajax here with you. If the worst should happen, you and the boy get out, got me?"

The warrior would glare at her imposingly, the brand circling his right eye making the blue stand out even more. Whether she refused or not, he tapped Ajax once in signal to stay before calmly drawing his sword. He would stride into the clearing with an almost jovial grin on his face and take up a position against a tree where his backside would be defended. As Pirel spoke and practically announced the trap Aedan knew had been waiting, he would lean over and spit in the grass.

"
Bloody coward ... "

Ah well, let's see ... they're at least 14 on ourside ... and a shit ton on theirs.

Yeah, he never learned much math either on top of not learning how to read or write. It wasn't like he was stupid though.

"
Ha, this isn't even a test! Kill all you bastards AGAIN and go home? Christmas must have come early ... I didn't get near enough of you last time."

His words would draw a flanking man with his sword raised, but Aedan's elbow would back smash right into the visor to send him staggering away. He jumped to avoid an incoming axeman whom he decapitated on the next downswing. Two rushed in at once and managed to get a lucky gore on on of his arms with a spear, but Aedan would lower his sword and wrench it from his hands in a disarm. The spear would be tossed aside while he danced inwards and sliced through the chainmail covering his midsection like a hot knife through butter. His friend faired no better as he was then muscled to the ground by superior bulk and kicked rather savagely before Aedan brought his sword down on him again.

By this time, the others were engaging as well and Aedan swept his blue eyes over the battlefield to William who was nearby.

"
Alright there, Will?"

@The Mythic Dragon @Kirito Kei

Result

Aedan leaves Ajax with Lin and Nyvrell just in case.

Aedan takes a defensive position near the trees and kills at least four hounds this turn.

Aedan takes a light wound to the arm.

Addresses @Calibutcher

Axel back up a little and swung out his hammer eyeing each of the hounds closely trying to figure out who would be most of a threat to the group he was with. He took a step forward only to get a arrow shot at him the second he did. He glared at the archer and disregarted his better judgement and ran forward with the full intention on wreaking as much havoc as he could on the enemy to give the other warriors time to jump in and taking advantige of the chaotic situation. Axel staggerd as he engaged the hounds and the came back full force matching his own. He used his wings at first but the saw through this and started aim for them with their arrows. Axel swung his hammer and it connected with his first enemy and he only smirked and kept going creating a distraction fo rthe other two.

Results

Axel takes out three hounds

Axel creates a distration for the other two

Axel takes axe blow to the shoulder

Pre-Mission:

Christina had awakened the day of the Yunich festival. While the others were out and about going on dates or shopping for personal needs, she had found herself in the market browsing for weapons and armor. After picking out a breastplate, some leg guards, plated boots, a pauldron for her left shoulder, a ragged black coat, a cowl and a leather bracer for her left arm, she went and began to search for a weapon. Overall she had a total of eighteen gold pieces left. Not a fitting amount for anything decent or made of steel, with a shallow sigh, she fingered her purse, debating the plethora of options before her. She had decided on one bronze longsword that fit the description she wanted, leaving her completely broke. She obtained the leather sheath and a belt as well, which she tied to her waist and put her scabbard on her behind, making the drawing of the sword a simple and efficient reach back then pull forward.

In the amount of time she had before summoned along with the other guild members, she had been practicing with her gear and overall working out all the kinks that recovery had left on her body. Once summoned, she had listened silently in the back of the room, leaving her presence unknown, she had been a silent companion on the trip to the caravan.

Mission:

It was however whenever that horrid scream reached her ears that she departed from the main group, fleeing into the trees and circling around to see a trapped few men in the center of a massive circle surrounded by blood hounds. The clearing was a rather horrid sight, and what frightened her more, was the induction of the man she had saved within the circle. Curze was alive, but how the situation was looking, it didn't appear as though it would last much longer. On the opposite side of the circle, she saw the massive figure that she had fought alongside when she sought her freedom, he'd slain four men, suffering a light wound. He took the defensive in the trees, as though he needed it, she laughed internally,
Let's see if I can't end a little aid... Aedan... Her hand reached back and teased the hilt of her sword as she slowly closed her fingers around it, lingering around the trees for only a moment.

The bronze blade came out flawlessly as she flipped the blade to her forehand and rushed towards the circle, opposite from Aedan's defense, she was determined to get in and join the three within. She let out a battle cry as she emerged from the tree line, gaining the attention from a few soldiers.

Results:

-Christina is attempting to remove the heat from Aedan and evenly distribute.

-She charged the surrounding formation from the opposite side Aedan did.

William was back to back with Curze, He could not believe he was but it was happening. He thought about how this scouting mission was supposed to turn out. He was hoping to find something good at the Caravan to help the team. He did find Curze who is very helpful but also not helpful. He attracted the Hounds like bee's to Honey. Thoroughly surrounded William knew the only option was to fight, With only one good arm... William knew he would have to do his best work here. He only had time to think of these things for the moment it took Before a hound rushed him sword raised high. Big mistake William thought as he shoved his own blade into the man's chest while he was still a good distance away. William did not pull the blade out of the man yet instead he kept pushing and ran forward pushing the man and blade back into the other hounds. Now that William had a little more space he pulled the blade out and swung it around to deflect the next attacker.He parried an axe letting it slide off his weapon towards the ground. He pushed the end of his staff into the man's face, hitting him right in the eye. The man staggered back and William gave him a solid kick to help him on his way to the ground. William swung his blade over his head and into the man's face, It cleaved in twain at the sharpened blades edge and a deluge of blood come from the wound soaking into the ground.

The issue was William was angry now, angry for getting in this situation, Angry that he only had one good arm to fight with, angry that Pirel was not dead as he should be. William let that Anger build like a Volcano sitting dormant to long he felt the pressure build inside him, William knew one thing he wanted to live and he wanted thehounds to die. "Lay down and die like DOGS!" William yelled letting it all out. He swung his blade around and brought it to rest in a man's shoulder William switched his grip quickly and pulled it out blocking the sword of the now injured man. William brought the blade over his head and planted it into the ground. He slid his hand down to the swith and changed positions of the blade to half way. William spotted his next target brought his hand up on the blade ran at the man yanked his blade out of the ground and let the hilt slam first into the mans sword then continue to the mans arm. The staff stopped with a crack, William assumed it was the man's arm as he dropped the blade. William kicked the man and turned back to the man who's shoulder he had nearly cut off the blade was now at the right height to run the man through. William threw his weapon at the man and watched it pierce into the man. He ran over to it pulled it out and upwards and ran back to the man on the ground swinging tha blade over his head into the upper chest of the man on the ground. William pushed the blade forward and it bit into flesh and bone and pierced the man's Throat. William Heard Aedan he thought though he was not sure what he said over the raucous Battle.

William pulled the blade out and started defensive measures. "I am here! Curze is with me help us if you can." William yelled as loud as he could hoping the man could hear him.

Results

3 hounds dead

William is enraged

@Whisker

Durzol walked to the caravan in silence. His normally peppy demeanor was stifled by the heat and the feeling that they were all plodding towards their demises. His stomach gurgled in apprehension and hunger and he glanced Nyvrell who was walking behind him. The way her hair caught in the sunlight... The way she walked with so much confidence... It just sent shivers down his spine. He wondered then if this was the feeling of romantic love.

He grinned at her when she noticed he was staring and blushed in embarrassment. He felt kind of creepy, he didn't really know what to do. He felt like a young boy who had a crush on a schoolteacher. He felt helpless and hopeful all at the same time. If this was love, then it was really confusing. He tried to make small talk on the way there with the rest of the group but no one was having it. He could relate. Even as he spoke, the words felt like cement rolling off his tongue. He felt fake.

They reached the Caravan and Durzol received an order from Kyou to spread out and check the surrounding area for any oddities. Durzol smirked. Now this was something he could understand. He nodded at Kyou, smiled once again and Nyvrell and then dashed off into the darkness of the trees.

In the tree, his dark purple scales blended in with the dark colored leaves. He smelled something rank about this forest, something that just wasn't right. And then he saw it. There were Hounds. So many Hounds in all shapes and sizes, with impassive faces and sneering grins. Durzol's stomach plummeted. How could they fight this many Hounds? He began to sweat and his palms began to get sticky.

He dashed soundlessly from tree to tree, trying to figure out a sense of the numbers and as he went deeper into the forest, the more he knew that this would be... to put it in the lightest terms, extremely hard.

Beneath him stood two Hounds, probably standing guard. They were probably low level men and Durzol felt no remorse about killing them. He took out two small darts and shot them through a straw he kept handy in his pack. The men went down seconds after he shot the darts into their necks. Durzol grinned triumphantly. Fighting from the darkness was his strength and he wanted to keep safe. Sooner or later, he realized, he'd have to join the melee but now was not this time.

He hopped from tree to tree until he reached the outskirts of the forest. Jumping down, he saw Kyou and the caravan. He smiled. Nothing seemed to be amiss.

Then, there was pain, blinding pain. He stumbled forward, his lungs aching in shock. Whipping his head around, he saw a Hound, a small and skinny man with catlike eyes and a feral smile.

"I got you, assassin," he cooed. "I stabbed you right in the back, isn't that just perfect?"

Durzol collapsed to his knees the pain overpowering his ability to even think. The man walked around to face him and then kicked him in the side viciously.

"I'm not like other men," the Hound whispered. "I will kill you without a tirade."

"S-stabbing in the back, eh?" Durzol choked. "Isn't that a bit underhanded?"

"Says you," snarled the man. "You're a murderer. A killer. You deserve to die for your actions. You hear me? You're sick."

"I-I," Durzol gurgled. He had to think. "I won't apologize for what I've done in the past."

The Hound cackled. "You've killed innocent men for pay. You've murdered children. Don't say that you haven't. Entire families have been killed by your hand. You only joined the Phoenixes because they pay well. You have your choice of women and a roof over your head, eh? Well, frankly you would have done much better here. At least, you wouldn't have to conceal your true nature. Durzol Naghat, your name is a nightmare. Mothers tell their kids, 'Don't go out after dark or Durzol will get you'. That is all you're leaving to the world. Death and destruction. Don't tell me you haven't committed a crime. Your existence is a crime. And now I will do a kindness upon the world by relieving you of life, scum. Although... It's a shame that I have to kill you, Your kind of evil would fit perfectly with what we want to attain."

"It's a shame that I have to be killed by a hypocrite," Durzol sniped and the man flared up in anger.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME, MURDERER," the man screamed and ran a knife over Durzol's cheek.

He yowled in pain. But now, at least, he had a plan.

"You betrayed your only rule," Durzol whispered out.

"And what was that?" the man sneered.

"No tirades," Durzol grinned and then pulling the knife that was still impaled in his back out, he swiftly cut the man's hand off. The man screamed and writhed, blood spurting out from the gaping wound. Durzol stood, unsteadily, the knife still clutched in his hand.

"Y-you bastard," the man hissed. "You'll see... You'll find out your true nature soon enough."

"Shut up," Durzol barked and kicked the man to the ground. He then took out his dagger and flicked lightly over the man's skin. The cut began to bleed and soon the man began to quiver and twitch. "I hate men who lie."

Once the man was dead, Durzol tumbled on to the nearest tree. This wasn't bad... This wasn't bad... With quavering hands he reached into his pack and pulled out the jar of healing balm and spread it sloppily over the wound on his back. It was between the wings, which made it somewhat hard to reach but he was soon able to get it all on there with a stick. He sighed in relief. He stayed seated on the chair for the next several minutes, waiting for the pain to subside.

When the pain was durable, he stood up. He would be able to fight now thanks to Nyvrell's balm. Flexing, he grimaced at the body of the Hound that was sprawled out on the forest floor beneath him. Phlegm and blood seeped out of the man's mouth and his legs and arms were twisted at odd angles. Durzol did not like to witness the results of his work. He vomited, clearing his stomach of all the food he had eaten in the last few hours.

Wiping his mouth, Durzol set out for the caravan. They were surrounded by Hounds. Durzol saw a pair approaching him. They were raising knives and pikes and other unpleasant weapons. Durzol sniffed. Once they were in close proximity to him, he jumped, flying above their heads and nicking them on the top of their cranium. Not even looking back, he continued to walk through the caravan.

He felt so sad for some reason. Usually killing brought no emotion, but the way the Hound's arms and legs were splayed... He shivered. Now he could only think of those seven words that the Hound had uttered to him during his speech. His mind focused on them and he felt a sense of despair.

Durzol Naghat, your name is a nightmare.

Results

-Durzol has scouted the forest, but has not met Cruze

-Durzol has received one light wound

-Durzol has used up all of Nyvrell's healing potion

-Durzol has killed five hounds

@The Mythic Dragon

'What the hell is taking him so long?' Kyou thought to himself as he was observing the caravan. He had been referring to Lin who had left with both of the wolfs about fifteen minutes ago.

Kyou was just about ready to go searching for Lin himself when Keiyan comes out of nowhere barking.

Kyou's mind couldn't help but to think the worst as he followed the still barking wolf through the forest with the rest of the group. He realized his fears weren't that far off when he seen the condition Lin was in. He was lying there with a arrow in his chest and a dead archer near him.

Kyou rushed to his side, eager to see if he was still alive.

"L-lord Kyou... I found them... I'm hurt... but I found them." "Did...I...do...good, my...lord..?"

Kyou hung his head low, trying to cover his teary eyes as he responded.
"Yes Lin, you... did good."

As the tears began to fall from Kyou's eyes, his mind filled with sadness. He thought about how many people wouldn't of gotten hurt under his command if he had never joined the Ascended Pheonixes. Even the kind hearted Lin, who probably had never killed anyone in his life, was hurt because of Kyou.

After a while, his mind began to fill with a different emotion; anger. He was angry at himself for allowing something like this to happen. He was angry at the mayor for sending him on this job. Most of all, he was angry at Pirel for all the pain he continues to cause.

When Kyou rose, his eyes were dead, it was as if he had completely broken.

As he set out towards the clearing that Lin had pointed before Nyvrell ran to his aid, he promised himself that the next time he ever seen Pirel, or anyone that was even friends with the Bloody Hounds, that he was going to kill them. He was going to kill them all.

He drew his blades as he seen Curze, William, and three other people surrounded by some Bloody Hounds.

"Welcome, Ascended Phoenixes! I see you came to find what happened to the great Curze? Well, he is going to die, as are you. I cannot have anyone disrupting my plans. I will be sure to give Vala your regards... and yours to Keira, Leo."

As Kyou heard Pirel's voice, it was as if a siren had been rang in his head . He upped his speed as he ran towards Curze and the other Hounds.

"Where the hell are you Pirel?! Come here so I can castrate you! If you won't come out, then I guess I'll have to kill all of your subordinates!" He screamed.

"You must be eager to die!" One of then hounds said as he ran towards Kyou. He obviously didn't know who he was attacking.

With one vicious swing of his sword, Kyou cleaved the man right in his shoulder, instantly killing him. Kyou's attack didn't stop when the man died however. As soon as the man hit the ground, Kyou hopped on top of him, took both of his blades and savagely attacked the lifeless man. Between his strikes, Kyou struggled to speak, probably because he expelled the air from his lungs every time he attacked.

"Don't... you ever... get in my way!"

By the end of his assault, the man was nothing but a bloody mess of guts and other organs. Kyou's armor was drenched in blood, causing all the bloody hounds that was around him to back off for a bit.

With blood dripping from his face, Kyou looked at the four men that had surrounded him.
"What wrong? You all act as if you never seen a monster before..."

"Wha- what are you waiting for? Attack him!" One of the more composed bloody hounds yelled.

Kyou picked up the bloody corpse and flung it at one of the hounds, causing him to fall to the ground. Two of the hounds stopped to look what had just happened while the others continued their pursuit.
"You guys aren't scared of a little blood, eh? Lets see if I can change that..."

Then, with a wide sweep of his blade, he cut into the abdomens of both of the bloody hounds causing them to scream in agony. They both fell to the ground; they weren't dead however. Kyou specifically aimed his strikes so that they would survive.

By this time, the two bloody hounds that had stopped to look at the bloody corpse that had been flung at their companion, were now staring to make their way towards Kyou.
"I have two blades, one for you, and one for your friend."

Kyou took one of his blades and slices one's throat while he took the other and sliced the other one's arm off. They both died instantly.

Kyou then turned his savage gaze towards the two hounds that he hallowed to live.
"How does it feel!? How does it fill to know that you're going to die and not being able to do nothing about it!?" He screamed at them.

He then turned around and continued his sprint.
"I'll kill you all!!!"

RESULTS:

Three dead

Two are going to die

KYOU HAS FINALY CRACKED

@The Mythic Dragon

< @bourgeoisiemustache >

As Durzol wallowed in his despair, he would notice something in the corner of his eye Ghostly figures, coalescing into familiar shapes. His mother was there, along with Nyvrell. They both looked at him, as smiled. "Durzol, dear..." Began his mother "Stand up. You mustn't listen to those words... only you know your true heart." Suddenly, he was gone from the forest, and was a child again, in his mother's arms while they lay in front of the fire. She coos, and strokes his head. "And only your true heart can lead you where you must go. Worry not about the past... look to the future, and all its possibilities." With that, his mother was gone, and the ghostly Nyvrell stood in front of him. "You fought Pirel, didn't you? You saved me, didn't you? Your past is filled with mistakes, but you must also remember the good you did. What would have happened if you didn't become an assassin? if you had joined Pirel, let the hounds take me? Those questions don't matter, as they cannot be made."

Nyvrell points, deep into the forest. "Go, Durzol Naghat. Show the word you have changed, and fight with your new friends. Or, stay here and wallow in your despair. The choice is yours..."

. < @Kirito Kei >

Nyvrell quickly pulls out the arrow in Lin's chest, and spreads her balm over the wound. He had been laying like that for so long, it was purely a matter if chance if he survived or not They all had known the risks of coming on this mission, ad joining the guild before. But it still made it hard to watch someone dying before her eyes. Just like...

Her thoughts were interrupted by a hound charging in victoriously, only to have his head crushed by a vicious swipe from the healer's staff She was being swarmed, but she was fighting them off with ease... Lin however, had started to move towards the battle. "L-lord...Kyou..." He panted through gritted teeth. He needed to stop this... tell him..

**************************************************************************************

The battle had barely begun but the stench of death, blood, and decay was all around him as the swordsman stepped over the bodies of the men he slaughtered and raised his sword for more. His breathing was shallow, his eyes were blazing, his whole being was focused on ending the threat to his comrades and sating his bloodlust against the rival guild; a turbulent storm of emotions that was sweeping him just as it did in the last battle when he faced off against Xavier Curze.

He was not, however, so far gone as many of his comrades for he noticed things above the death and chaos that his allies were causing. He saw William's face looking at him sternly and shouting something his way that he could not hear over the clashing of steel. He could see blood dripping down the agonized and tormented face of their leader as he cut down Hound after Hound in a rage. He could see a graceful swirling figure in black emerge on the other side of the clearing and begin cutting down figure after figure in an attempt to draw some of the heat away from the others. Aedan wasn't precisely sure who the figure was (indeed, there were a lot of new faces in the clearing that day) but he could have sworn he saw traces of blonde hair belonging to a woman beneath the ragged cowl that obscured her from sight.

You guys ...

It struck him suddenly with a pang he had never felt before. These guys were his allies. His friends. They didn't all get along a ton of the time and they were all a secretive bunch when it came to the pasts and wrong doing. But it was still his job to protect them with his life if he had to ... and it gave him a surge of strength he had not yet known.

With a roar of fury, he hurtled himself into a group of Hounds and forced them back as he tried to cut his way to the center. One Hound was extremely unlucky and was cleaved almost in two around the middle due to the force of his blows.

Before he could do anything really crazy though ... something strange happened.

They retreated backwards and left him standing alone in the midst of the battle. Not a single Hound was stepping forth to challenge him.

"Are you all afraid, huh? Buncha two-bit cowards!"

His blue eyes blazed in fury and he stepped forward from his defensive position as if planning to charge straight to the center with the gap they made. Before he could do anything though, an arrow came sailing by and buried itself just inches away from his head. He turned sharply and saw a group of at least 10 men advancing on him with a strange expression on their faces. All around them people were dying and they look like they'd won some kind of lottery ...

The leader of the group was tall and carried a large net in one hand and a spear in the other. He was covered with the tattoos of the Bloody Hounds.

"
That's quite enough from you, Giant. I must say your fighting prowess is quite impressive, but then ... it would have to be to get that big of a price on your head."

Aedan froze and nearly dropped his sword. He squinted at them and let his gaze pass to each and every single one. They were carrying war hammers big enough to bash in a breastplate and there was even a few odd kind of spears there shaped more like tridents than actual spears. He knew what these guys were and he spat into the grass again at the sight of them.

"
Bounty hunters, eh? By Doreem, you guys are a fucking annoyance."

The biggest one leered and took a crumpled paper out of his pocket.

"
Aedan Galtero ... 25 years of age ... blonde ... 6'4 ... over 200 pounds ... brand of a noble's house on right eye... armed and extremely dangerous. Wanted level? Alive and unspoiled. So you see, it'd be a pleasure to kill you right here in front of all your little pals like Pirel wants, but it'd be such a waste. 250 gold pieces just doesn't fall out of the sky everyday, you know?"

There was a menacing bout of laughter and the group split up to try and encircle him. Aedan licked his lips a little nervously in thought and continued to back up and retreat a little to prevent any of them from getting in his blind spot.

Shit ... fucking vultures, the lot of them. It's been close to three damn years! You'd think all of them would have given up trying to catch me already ...!

He tried to inhale and exhale sharply to keep his normally strategic mind under control. He was going to need it if he had any hope of escaping from this situation and getting to the others in the center. He was in a fuck ton of trouble though and he knew that this situation had a chance of ending badly if he didn't think of something quick. He didn't expect not a single one of the others to help though as they all seemed to be in the same boat as himself.

@The Mythic Dragon

Results

Whisker has far too much muse this morning than anyone has a right to have.

Aedan kills one guy to bring his total up to five.

Aedan went from the frying pan and into the fire.

< @ChristinaXIV >

Three men turned to face Christina, and they grinned. "Well, look what slave came back to us. And seems she brought a friend to die." The middle one laughed. Christina would notice that Lin had came behind her, and was moving into the battle. "I... need to... get to... Lord Kyou... please." He whispers. Kyou wasn't too far away, but she'd have to fight to get there.

[Either fight to Kyou @Kirito Kei while protecting Lin, taking a medium wound. Or fight alone, taking a light wound. up to 15 kills either way]

Unable to ignore the request as she was certain that Lin needed desperately to get to the guild leader, she gave him a subtle nod, readying her blade. She struck first, the longsword going into the mouth of the one who had dare call her a slave, even after she had fought and won her freedom some time ago. The brutal kill had raised attention from a few others as well as the next man raised his blade, the cycle was to repeat for quite some time. She managed to press forward, all the while parrying blows that would come Lin's way, slaying fourteen others, however, by the time they'd reached Kyou, she had felt the stinging pain grow rather festering. With a stammer down to her knee as she placed her blade in the ground to hold herself up, she slowly moved her left hand down to her stomach and grasped on tight to the steel hilt that had found its way into her. And with a sharp groan, she yanked the weapon out, blood pouring now from the open wound and from her mouth.

Results:

-She fought through the crowd to get to Kyou while protecting Lin.

-Christina is gravely injured.

-Fatigued

-15 total killed.

@The Mythic Dragon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back