• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Medieval Legends

"Good, I had the cook make you some oatmeal... So you don't have to strain yourself while eating" Korina laid her blanket on the back of her chair, her skin a sickly pale compared to the white of the nightgown. She stood up and dusted his pillows to help sit him up before grabbing the bowl of oatmeal and sitting back down placing it in his lap "if you don't want it, I could always have the cook make you something else" with a nod she wrapped the blanket back around her shoulders. They seemed to be taking turns, either with talking or asking questions. He didn't really ask her a questions but still she had one in mind, she needed to call him something. "If you don't mind... I would like to ask for your n-" she was interrupted by a short coughing fit and before she continued she grabbed her cup of tea and placed it in her lap "what's your name?"

Skriker looked down to the oatmeal now within his lap, he hadn't truly eaten any before as normally he would stick to what he could locate outside of human control though it did smell rather good so he didn't display protest. He looked over to her as she began to speak once more though he seemed a little concerned as her coughing began. He hoped it wasn't him, he was near positive he had his luck under control at current though still it was an ability of his, he knew little about it. If her condition would turn for the worse, he would be sure to quickly go collect the assistance of something more mythical, it wouldn't matter whether if his own condition was better or not. He would find a way to manage as he always did. "I'm Skriker..." He said his name, once again aware that it could create a bit of alarm. He was unaware that she had seen his paw prints, which would provide more evidence towards who he truly was.

Skriker... That name did sound familiar, like something korina has read from the books on mythical creatures in we fathers library. But those were just legends they didn't exist, his parents probably just liked the name. Her father always tells her how her parents almost named her kitsume, it was just a pretty name. "I'm korina" she replied and took a sip of her tea cringing as it went down her throat. Now that they technically weren't strangers, an this question has been itching her for a while, she decided it was a good time to ask this. She looked from her teacup then to his bandage and to his face "h-how... What happened... That made you get like this" she bit her lip hoping he wouldn't shut down on her, remembering past experiences weren't really what people wanted to do, even when they're traumatic.

"I..." He looked down a moment, the night before was still fuzzy. Being harmed wasn't truly anything traumatic for him anymore, it was a common thing seeing as he wold often find himself in a conflict due mostly to being what he was. In the eyes of humans he was a monster, and to other monsters he was seen as prey, so defending himself was something he needed to do often. He tried to remember rather hard, searching his mind for anything and at that it suddenly clicked, he had located it. His eyes winded a bit as he recalled the jaculus from that night, he knew it was still alive as he hadn't damaged it to bad, he hoped it didn't live around here. Though, he couldn't really tell her the truth as she might figure him out... so he chose to lie, hoping this would be enough to cause her to stray from the forest for a while. "I...I ran into a bear... i-it seems to have made the area around the path its territory..." he stuttered a bit, his eyes hidden as he was a rather terrible liar, he just hoped she wouldn't notice.

"Oh...." Korina said quietly looking back down at her cup and the contents inside. Though it didn't seem like we was confident with his reason but she couldn't judge that. Anything could have happened, it was dark and cold. "Well... I'm glad the bear didn't find me" she said he'd and chuckled lightly trying to lighten the mood but that only triggered another coughing fit. She sighed but looked back up at him with a small smile, "well your going to be ok now! that's all that matters right? Did doctor Mathias tell you when you can go home?"

"A few weeks..." He responded once again being reminded of his hesitancy over the time. The longest he had been within the company of a human was a day, he had never been around one for a few weeks, and it seemed this manor held much more than a single human. He, might need to sneak out at some point to avoid causing any bad luck for everyone, he knew it seemed to be his strong point... he wasn't made to be in the company of others and that was the reality he had come to accept.

This news made Korina smile a little, she would have someone else to talk to for a while and that news was just grand "well it gives you time to heal, I think it would have been faster if it were the warmer seasons but I don't hunk you're in the condition to go out into the cold" she nodded and took another sip of her tea "I don't think It will feel like a long time though, you might heal faster if you do everything the doctor tells you" she reassured seeing as he didn't seem comfortable staying in a strange place for a long time.

He glanced over at her once more, he chose to ask this now as the thought had been bugging him for a bit. "Your the one who carried me here... right?" He asked her curiously as he did wish to be sure he was correct in the matter. It's true he had a better sense of smell than most beings though it was rather clouded that day for some reason. It might be the many distracting smells this place has other than that of the girl before him, he had never been in a place like this before so it invited many new things to be curious over.

Korina looked at him for a while, for some reason pondering if she should tell him. She took a deep breath before nodding. "Yes. I was on my way home from visiting a near village." She bit her lip and thought more deeply about the night before. The tracks she saw weren't bear traps, or were they. Now she was confused "but... When I found you... I don't think there were bear tracks in the snow.. Unless they got covered by snow. I thought you were attacked by wolves."

he paused a moment as she spoke of the tracks, he hadn't realized the prints from his hound form would still be visible within the snow... he tensed a bit as he knew this would aid in her discovering who he was and he truly didn't hope for that to occur any time soon, but then again it could be a good thing. If he gets kicked out, his bad luck with go with him, yet still he didn't wish for her to find out. "E-erm..." He was quite trying to think of what to say, "M-maybe it was wolves... e-I'm not sure..."

Korina noticed all of his shuddering. Even before he was studdering or at least hesitant to talk. "Are you still cold?" She asked and looked at him "I could ask the maid to fetch more blankets or move you closer to the fire" she said still feeling a little cold herself. Granted it was large house, and even with a burning fire it could be hard to heat during the winter months.

Skriker shook his head, not wishing to trouble anyone. He wasn't truly all that cold though it did get to him the night before. It was most likely do to the open gash on his stomach, the constant blood loss placed a heavy tool on his body and in result he had difficulties keeping warm. "No, I'm fine" Skriker replied, his stuttering could no longer be heard within his voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back