• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lost Laboratory of Kwalish (Paused)

ArcticFox

Dreamer

neverwinter-pc-1307526668-002.jpg

Name: Iselas
Race: Half-elf
Class: Rogue
Level: 3

HP: 18

Equipment:

120 gold pieces
Leather armour
Backpack
Shortsword
Crossbow and arrows
Thieves' kit
Bedroll
Blanket
Tinderbox
Waterskin
Bandages
Deed to the Trollskull Manor
Riding horse
Vizier (get a free answer to any riddle or puzzle)

In centuries long past, a common scholar named Kwalish took an unlikely path to becoming one of the most powerful arcane inventors of all time, after his discovery of strange magic in the Barrier Peaks. His studies of an ancient, crashed planar craft set him on a path that might have seen him rival Ioun and Heward - until his experiments overtook him, and he became lost to the ages. All that’s left of his legacy is a single example of his earliest work - the apparatus of Kwalish that is the only way most folk now know his name.

It was Kwalish’s foray into the Barrier Peaks that set his advanced studies into motion, when he joined an illfated expedition in search of Daoine Gloine, a legendary city said to be populated by creatures of glass. He found it, people say, but he did not find what he expected to be there. Now, Daoine Gloine is just a rumour and the legendary inventor has not been heard from since.

--​
In the last week, the famed walking statues of Waterdeep were showing signs of getting ready to power up once more, and not even the Blackstaff can shut them down. Or at least that's what you were told, when she summoned you to the office urgently. Blackstaff explained that old histories suggest that Kwalish’s lore might hold the secrets of doing so, and before you know it, you are sent to seek that lore out before the great magical statues can run amok

PZO6806-QualzarJallarimple.jpg

Anaxi Zephries, a wealthy gnome merchant and sage, was the person that Blackstaff pointed you to, claiming that he was the man with the solution. Anaxi offers to pay for your dinner and drinks, while he introduces himself and you discover that, if anything, he is certainly not a humble man. He speaks with pride of his vast collection of maps, which cover the known world, pocket dimensions, routes across the planes, as well as numerous expeditions of exploration that he funded, sending adventurers to all corners of the world - both to draw new maps and to verify the authenticity of others already in his possession. The Cartophile, people call him, though not many like to spend too much time in his presence.

"So, you are the new recruit!" The Cartophile grins with enthusiasm, "Though, I have to admit I did not expect an elf to take up the task... uh, no offence."

- Ask about him.
- Ask about his work.
- Ask about Kwalish.
- Ask something else.

Attachments

• Iselas stats.pdf
    474.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Ask about Kwalish.
“No offence taken,” Iselas brushed the comment aside, not bothering to enlighten the enthusiastic gnome with her half-breed status. “I just go where I’m needed.” Languidly she leaned back in her seat as she appraised the man that would be her supposed informant for the mission ahead. It was a little unusual in comparison to the other assignments she’d been given by Blackstaff but, fortunately, Iselas was always down for an adventure. And, if there was some monetary gain and heroism that accompanied that adventure, then she definitely wasn’t complaining.

“But, if you would, I’d like to hear some more about this Kwalish fellow?” She prompted with a disarming smile. Iselas could speak three languages fluently but her literacy had always been limited -- as in, it wasn't something that she had properly developed until she’d joined the Red Hands --; which meant she only knew the bare minimum about Kwalish. Studying and magic weren't exactly her forte.

Last edited:
"Oh, I guess the science of Kwalish is not common knowledge exactly." Anaxi nods as if he just confirmed what he already thought, "I did tell Blackstaff to send me a mercenary and not a scholar." He quickly clears his throat, "No offence again, madam. I do assume that you have quite a bit of expertise in your field, since this is a serious matter and I expect Blackstaff to send only the best."

The truth was that Varja did not fully trust that Anaxi knew what he was talking about, nor that his solution would be viable and had sent Iselas to check it out, not wanting to send any of the upper circle members. She had told this openly to Iselas, but Anaxi did not need to know.

"You've seen the apparatus of Kwalish, certainly?" Anaxi says, raising an eyebrow inquisitively, "The first submersible ever to be made. There are a few still functional in Waterdeep. But that is not the only thing that Kwalish had invented. From a reliable source I know for a fact that Kwalish had been looking for a lost city when he disappeared. A city of wonders and technology. Even you can imagine what we could do with all that knowledge! If a solution is to be found for this little situation with the statues, then it is sure to be found there. At Daoine Gloine!" He pauses, smiling, "Of course, I have took the liberty of hiring a couple of henchmen to accompany you, along with my personal assistant to map the area."

- Ask about the lost city.
- Ask about the henchmen.
- Ask something else.

Ask about the lost city.

Truthfully, Iselas had absolutely no idea what Anaxi was talking about but Blackstaff had been especially shrewd to send her. Because if there was anyone who would happily play the role of the experienced mercenary and skim around the truth, then that person was Iselas. Besides, she was a trained mercenary! She just wasn't the absolute best that Varja had.

"Thank you," Iselas demurred, opting to keep things polite and to maintain her facade. "My area of expertise definitely isn't scholarly." Her innuendo was accompanied by a sharp grin.

"Now, is there anything that you can tell me about this Daoine Gloine?" Iselas asked, genuinely curious about the validity behind this man's claims. It sounded too fantastical to be true. "What threats we may encounter? I'd like to be prepared, of course." Not really, she usually tended to just wing it. But, in this rare circumstance, she figured that if the gnome wanted a prepared, experienced mercenary figure then she'd have to give him that.

"I wouldn't know." Anaxi shakes his head, tapping his fingers on the table, "I have never managed to reach Barrier Peaks. Not yet, at least. But my last expedition has come very close... until they all disappeared that is." He gives you a guilty smile, "Not to say that the same thing will happen to you! With the group that I have picked out, you have nothing to fear!"

- Ask about his map maker.
- Ask about the henchmen.
- Ask something else.

Ask about the henchmen.
And there it was; that catch that Iselas had been waiting for. After all, Anaxi wouldn't have asked Blackstaff for one of her best mercenaries if there hadn't been some kind of overhanging threat on the mission. Still, the idea that an entire team had simply... disappeared? Iselas doubted there was anything coincidental about that.

"Of course," Iselas said drily, letting Anaxi hold onto that desperately thin shred of hope. "About the henchmen you hired... who are they?" She prodded. The threat of vanishment had made her much more interested in this supposed dream team and just how qualified they all were.

"Oh, you will meet them immediately! Best of the best, don't you worry about that." Anaxi says with a sly smile, "They will keep you and my second safe. Ah, speek of the wolf..." He turns to the tavern entrance, as the double doors swing open and inside walks a slight elven woman riding a wolf.

e16b6cf099b2e2bcbe0f2d99e4ccd2e7.jpg

"Hello Mary, my treasure." Anaxi says with a bright smile and a bow of the head.

The patrons of the tavern either stumble backwards, yelping and trying to get out of the wolf's way, or stand silent, motionless in their seats, too afraid to make any sudden movements. The wolf slowly strolls to your table and the rider inclines her head slightly, watching you intently.

"You are the one sent by Blackstaff?" She says, her tone somehow not very approving.

- Introduce yourself.
- Ask about Mary.
- Ask about Mary's wolf.
- Something else.

Introduce yourself.
That, Iselas thought to herself, was one big dog. It was such a shame that it happened to come connected to an Elf, of all the possible races. Not to say that Iselas hated Elves per se, she had just... had some bad experiences with them in the past. Carefully she tried to keep this disdain out of her features when the woman approached their table -- a courtesy, she noted, that the other did not extend to her.

"Mhm! That would be me," Iselas replied cheerfully with a sickly-sweet smile, her gaze flickered briefly between the woman's face and the wolf's. Her fingers twitched slightly where they resided within her lap; it would definitely be rude of her to test how soft the puppy's fur was. "'The one sent by Blackstaff' can be such a lengthy title, however. You can call me Iselas."

The wolf watches you with interest, then approaches and nudges you with its large snout, sniffing. Mary simply nods at your reply and pats her wolf's head. The big animal moves a step back.

"You don't seem like much." The elven woman says, "Is this the best Blackstaff had to offer?" She turns to Anaxi.

Anaxi gives you an apologetic look, "I'm sorry, my friend, Mary just has very high standards."

"Of course I do, we are going to damn Barrier Peaks. With the lot you've gathered so far, we'll be lucky to last one bloody day." The elven woman snaps, then spurs her wolf and they both exit the tavern. The patrons seem relieve by this at least. When she's gone, Anaxi sighs deeply.

"She is just on edge, this expedition means a lot both of us. It is something we've been search for our entire lives. Daoine Gloine and Barrier Peaks, can you image?" He sighs longingly, "To map such territories..." Snapping out of it, he slaps his palm on the table with enthusiasm, "Well, let me show you the rest of the group! You'll see, they are a reliable bunch."

- Go with him.
- Ask something else.

Go with him.

At the mention of not 'seeming like much' Iselas' eyebrow twitched with barely withheld irritation. If the woman's pointed ears hadn't given away her Elven disposition then that stick lodged up her ass definitely would have. Iselas was more than pleased to see the back of her as Mary turned to exit the tavern.

"Perhaps she should learn how to manage her stress levels better?" Iselas replied with faux concern. "I've heard that meditation can be helpful." However, at Anaxi's mention of meeting the rest of the group, the rogue perked back up. Hopefully there weren't any other superiority complex flexing companions she had to endure, and please. No more Elves!

"Ah, of course. Please, lead on!"

Anaxi leads you out of the inn and onto the paved street of Candle Lane. Right across from the inn entrance, you see four figures, an unlikely mix of races and professions, even in the diversity of Waterdeep. Mary sits there on her wolf, twirling her staff with an expression of utter boredom, while the three men that you have not yet met, stand next to each other, leading a heated argument.

15ez0ud.jpg

"That is what we have agreed on, and we will honour the agreement." The dragonborn says, his voice raspy and hard, nostrils fuming with each spoken word.

"That might be what you two agreed on, but I wasn't there for the negotiations, was I?" The tiefling snorts derisively, heavily and dramatically gesturing with his hands as he speaks. "Back me up on this, Jev, that amount is ridiculously small."

The drow only shrugs in response. As Anaxi leads you to them, the drow is the first to look in your direction, making eye contact with you and holding it for a moment, before turning to his companions.

"My dear gentlemen, I don't mean to interrupt, but I have brought the last member of your team. Your team leader, if you will." He says, gently pushing you forward.

His announcement makes the two arguing men stop abruptly and turn to look at you. In the same instant, the tiefling loses his offended expression, lips curling into a mischievous smile as he approaches you slowly, like a large predatory cat.

"Aren't you pretty." He comments, then bends down into an elaborate bow, tail flicking behind him, as he takes your hand and kisses it slowly, all the while not breaking eye contact. Moving his lips only slightly away from your skin, he introduces himself, "My name is Nowhere, a pleasure."

"Ugh..." Mary makes a gagging sound.

"Uhm, yes." Anaxi coughs, averting his eyes, then quickly gestures to the other two. "And these gentlemen here are Nagrax Vernesh," he gestures to the dragonborn, "and Jevan Kent'tar," to the drow.

"Good to meet you." Nagrax says politely, while Jevan only nods.

- Introduce yourself.
- Ask them something.
- Get a move on.

Introduce yourself.

Surprise briefly fluttered across the half-elf's features at the flamboyant welcome wagon that greeted her upon stepping into the street. It did not take long before that shock melted into genuine delight.

Finally, somebody fun!

Breathless laughter followed the Thiefling's introduction in particular, Iselas' mood brightening almost tenfold at the man's easy flirtation. She removed her hand from his hold, only to teasingly brush a slow fingertip along the curve of his jawline. Her mischievous grin sharpened.

"Oh? Why, aren't you pretty~" Iselas demurred, smile curling around her words as she winked at his bowed figure. "Though, there's no need for such dramatics... even if they are appreciated."

Taking a slight step backwards in order to properly glance over her other two companions, Iselas found her curiosity thoroughly piqued. It had been years since she'd worked alongside a Dragonborn -- the last being her training instructor when she was with the Red Hands; the same woman who'd taught her Draconic and who was, single handedly, the reason why she knew such an inordinate amount of swears.

As for her fourth and final member... she'd never had the opportunity to work alongside a Drow so closely before. Didn't they have a reputation for being playful? Though, this Jevan seemed like the tall, dark and silent type and less like the stereotype that Iselas hoped he would be. But that was fine; at least all four of her team members were pretty to look at (even the uppity elf).

"It's a pleasure to meet you all," Iselas intoned, tilting her head marginally to the side as she assessed them. "I'll be your team leader for this expedition --" Technically, she was still supposed to be acting the part, might as well own it at this point. "-- but you can call me Iselas."

And then, because she was a cheeky little shit, she turned the full intensity of her gaze onto Nagrax with a sultry grin. "I promise I will take great care of you." It felt increasingly bizarre to flirt with someone in Draconic.

"You speak well for a dokaal." Nagrax growls the last word. One that you have heard many times from your trainer - a clumsy two-legger. It's an insult that dragonborn particularly liked to use toward humans and elves, but the way Nagrax had said it spoke of amusement, rather than scorn.

"Oh, will you look at that. Now the three of us can plot in secret." Nowhere smirks, "And Mary will perk her pretty ears and try her best to pick up on it, but despite all her years, she only speaks two languages, the silly girl."

"I heard my name, you know." Mary says, scowling, "I can tell that you are up to no good, devil. Stop it." The wolf growls, emphasising her words.

"We would be a very dull party if it wasn't for me." Nowhere says, casually placing his arm over your shoulders and leaning onto you. He is the only party member that doesn't tower above you as much, only taller by his horns.

"Yes, well, I'm sure that you will all get along very well." Anaxi tries, looking uncomfortable.

"I highly doubt it." Mary says. Jevan grunts.

"We'll manage." Nagrax nods, "We are professionals, Nowhere, remember that."

"Yes, yes... I am always very professional..." He winks at you.

- Talk to Nagrax.
- Talk to Jevan.
- Talk to Nowhere.
- Talk to Mary.
- Talk to Anaxi.
- Ask about the destination.
- Something else.

Ask about the destination.
"It must be such a burden being the life of the party," Iselas offered the Thiefling, colouring her voice with faux concern that barely hid her amusement. She reached an arm behind Nowhere to gently rub soothing circles between his shoulder blades, not dissimilar to how she would comfort a crying friend. Though, there was some residual tension from their proximity -- an instinctive response that tended to spark up whenever somebody invaded her personal space and got a little too close to her weapons or coins.

"Ah, speaking of professionalism," Iselas nodded to the Dragonborn, effectively pushing her flirtatious nature aside for moment. No need to make Anaxi more nervous. "Is there anything we need to know about Barrier Peaks, other than the fact the last team disappeared without a trace?"

"Fey woods surround the foothills of the Barrier Peaks. A dryad queen once ruled there, and her grave is now hidden among the trees. Beware, for those trees remain guarded by sprites that still honour her." Mary recites, then shrugs her shoulders, "That is what I heard."

"That doesn't sound ominous at all." Nowhere shakes his head, moving away from you and toward Anaxi. "I thought that you said we are supposed to go find a lost city, filled with ancient treasure."

"Yes, yes, that is the main purpose of your journey." The gnome says hurriedly, "All I know is that Daoine Gloine was found in the Barrier Peaks, but it’s long been deserted."

Nagrax interrupts, "Its last residents maybe left ages ago, but a few of their descendants are said to scratch out a meagre existence along the old mountain passes. I've been close to the Barrier Peaks once. It wasn't pretty."

"Where are they even located, these Barrier Peaks?" Nowhere asks.

"Graypeak mountains." The gnome responds. "Nagrax knows the way there and my Mary has all the maps."

As if on queue, Mary tosses you a scroll, which, when unfurled, proves to be a map of the area surrounding Waterdeep. Nowhere leans over your shoulder to take a look.

274674-thenorth.jpg

"It's gonna take ten days at least, on horseback. Providing you want to brave the High Forest." Nagrax says.

- Go on foot.
- Go on horseback.
- Ask about any area of the map.
- Ask about the lost city.
- Something else.

Last edited:
Ask about any area of the map.

In the short time that Iselas had spent wandering this lifetime nothing had ever been completely straight-forward. Therefore, she wasn't terribly surprised when this quest proved to be a little more complicated than it had originally sounded on paper. When Mary threw the scroll in her direction she caught it almost instinctively, causing her to frown down at her hand as if it had betrayed her before finally unravelling it.

"Providing that you want to brave the High Forest?" Iselas repeated Nagrax's comment as she glanced up at inquisitively. "Is there another route that you'd recommend or would it completely throw our time-frame off?" She flashed him a reassuring smile that spoke of countless adventures gone awry. "After all, whichever we choose, we're bound to run into trouble regardless."

"There's nothing bad in the Forest. Only Fey and Eldarin live there and my people are above bothering map-making expeditions." Mary says, sounding insulted by the mere notion.

"I have been through the High Forest enough times to know that the elves are not as hospitable as you make them out to be, with all due respect." Nagrax scowls.

"You must have done something to offend them, then!" Mary argues, huffing.

"Does it matter? I don't like forests anyway, they are always filled with bugs and spiders." Nowhere interrupts their argument, "We should go around."

Nagraxi nods, looking away from Mary and stepping to you. Placing his scaled hand over yours, he moves the unfurled map toward him to take a better look. After a moment of thoughts, he nods.

"We'll follow the river north. There are two paths from there. One leads further north and one leads east." He says, showing them on the map, "The north path will take us on the Long Road, into Red Larch. Then we can decide if we want to go through the High Forest or not. The eastern path would be shorter, but we would need to cross several rivers, so in the end it might not necessarily be faster and we might have to leave the mounts behind at some point. It would take us into Secomber. Both towns are hospitable, but the lands after them will not be."

- Choose your path.

Choose your path.
Nagrax's pointed comment on the so-called hospitality of Elves earned him a snort of amusement from Iselas, who yielded the map in his direction with zero complaints. Anyone who recognised that Elves weren't these beautiful, ethereal beings composed entirely of light and good-will had already earned her stamp of approval. Then again, it could be argued that Iselas was almost entirely composed of salt when it came to such opinions.

"The less Elves we encounter the better," Iselas murmured in agreement, head tilted to the side as blue eyes traced the route that Nagrax had pointed out. She hummed thoughtfully. "Hmm, well, I would like to keep the horses for as long as possible... so I suggest we take the northern path into Red Larch. We'll review how we all feel about the Forest and our chances then."

"Typical of halfbloods." Mary rolls her eyes, his tone offended.

"Mmm, crumblecake..." Nowhere whispers longingly when you decide on a path, "They make the best crumblecake I've ever eaten in Red Larch, I can't wait to visit again." Then, as an afterthought, he adds, "Hope they finally re-opened that brothel."

Jevan approaches Nagrax and places a hand on his shoulder, then points down the street and grunts something incomprehensible.

"Yes, we should get our horses and be off today." Nagrax nods, then lets you have the map, "If master gnome and our expedition leader agree, we will leave in an hour."

You don't have a horse. You arrived into Waterdeep on foot and haven't really needed a mount inside the city, but you have enough money to buy a good one, or you can share one with one of the party members.

- Buy an expensive horse (100gp).
- Buy a decent horse (80gp).
- Buy a mule (50gp).
- Buy a riding ram (30gp).
- Ask someone to share.

Buy a decent horse (80gp).
Deft hands rolled the scroll closed before Iselas slipped the map into her backpack and fastened everything securely into place once again. Curiously she followed Jevan's pointing down the street and then grimaced at the reminder of her current horseless state. She could attempt to coerce one of her companions into sharing their mount -- in fact, Nowhere seemed like her most viable option in that regard -- but even she knew that it would be best if she got her own. Who knew what they would run into on this journey!

Still, Iselas prematurely mourned her loss of gold.

"Alright, we will set off within the hour." Iselas agreed with a morose sigh, already thinking about her coming transaction. She glanced in Anaxi's direction for permission, or some kind of agreement, before minutely nodding to herself. "I'll meet you back here. Now... I better go get this horse." She muttered the last part to herself. Maybe she could try and haggle the price down? Or, maybe, she could try and seduce the salesperson? That'd be a fun way to start off the journey, right? ...Right?

Anaxi gives you all his blessing and lets you decide on your plans for the expedition. He and Mary go off somewhere to consult on Mary's job of map making, while the rest of the group go to collect their bags and horses, agreeing to meet up at the north gate of Waterdeep in an hour.

Unfortunately, you are not able to haggle in order to reduce the price of the mount, but you are able to get a very obedient gelding, with long and fast legs, yet sturdy enough to carry your stuff in the saddlebags. He answers to the name Elis and the merchants swears that it is the most loyal horse he has.

tobiano_draft_horse_study_by_charreed-d6lq7pf.jpg

Mounted and ready, you meet with the rest of the party at the north gate and make your way out into the fields beyond Waterdeep. As you ride out, Nowhere falls into trot next to you immediately.

"So, how did they rope you into this adventure, Iselas?" He asks with a playful smile, tail flicking behind him restlessly and obviously annoying the horse underneath him.

Nagrax and Jevan ride at the front, but not far from the two of you, their large nordic mounts trotting over the paved road. The land is civilised until Red Larch and there is no need for outriders or scouts yet. Mary rides far out behind, due to her wolf making the horses uneasy and she is clearly not happy about it. You catch a glance of her holding a deck of cards in her hand and shuffling it absentmindedly.

- Talk to Nowhere.
- Talk to someone else.
- Ride on in silence.

Talk to Nowhere.
Close movement caused Iselas to glance up sharply from where she'd been affectionately patting Elis' neck -- it was important to establish a connection! -- and to settle her gaze on Nowhere as he sidled up beside her. Amusement kindled up inside her chest at the sight and she straightened up in her saddle to level him with an easy grin, pleased for the conversation.

Occasionally she made the conscious decision to glance over her shoulder at Mary. Not that she was worried about the Elf! More like Iselas just wanted to make sure that she wasn't ambushed... it must get a little lonely back there.

"Varja wanted a skilled mercenary," Iselas replied with a slight shrug, the cover story coming easily to her as she pushed her concern aside. "Though, the promise of ancient treasure does sound pretty tempting." Blue eyes almost seemed to glaze over at the thought before she roused herself from it with a smirk. "Also, I have the habit of getting into places I shouldn't be~"

That smirk was turned full-force onto Nowhere, "What about you? What's a pretty little Thiefling doing on an adventure like this?"

"Oh, you know... we get around, a lot." He winks. "I like everything with a bit of thrill, whether it is adventures or people and I dare say I know a thing or two about thrills, but I don't think you'd like me very much if I were to show you. People say I have a problematic reputation." His grins is lopsided and it is clear he doesn't take many things seriously.

The day is clear. It's early autumn and the sun is warm without being too hot. It is a perfect time for a long journey. According to Nagrax, you should reach the first town - Red Larch - in two days, meaning that you would have to spend at least one night on the road.

- Talk to Nowhere.
- Talk to someone else.
- Ride on in silence.

Talk to Nowhere.

A quiet laugh followed Nowhere's innuendo as Iselas turned her gaze ahead to where their two companions led the group. She wondered what constituted for a problematic reputation or what he believed would be able to turn her opinion of him. He'd already mentioned the brothel, so she doubted that he was worried about her being prudish about his sexual deviance. It was strange, Nowhere was basically a much more charismatic -- and much prettier -- Regongar.

"You? A problematic reputation?" Iselas feigned disbelief, shaking her head as if the idea were preposterous. "I have only known you for a few hours but I promise that I would never believe such slander." Her expression brightened, unable to hold onto her facade when she was distracted. "Besides, I'd be more inclined to dislike you on principle if you were perfect." Her gaze remained fixed on Nagrax and Jevan, eyeing them up as she considered whether or not she should ask how they ended up here.

Nowhere smiles in response, "Well, if you say so, then maybe I should work harder to convince you. I do like my problematic reputation." He motions at the tree-line on the left side of the road, "I'm sure we can disappear for a moment and no one will notice. Actually, everyone will probably notice, but it's bound to happen sooner or later, better get it out of the way now."

"Halt!" A voice interrupts your chatter and you see Nagrax and Jevan reining in their horses.

There is someone standing in front of them, blocking the road ahead. A knight in full plate, perhaps a paladin, has dismounted from his war-horse, holding up a hand to halt the party. He is very tall, and wields a tower shield and a longsword, features concealed by his lowered visor.

paladin_knight_by_cynic_pavel_d7h9ls3-pre.jpg

"My name is Covric the Cleanser and I can see that you have a tiefling in your party. Dismount now, creature, and let us fight to death!" He announces in a booming voice.

"Why would I do that? I have nothing against you." Nowhere says, looking at the night with amusement. He doesn't move to dismount.

"My creed binds me to cleanse this world from all evil, and that includes your race, tiefling. Dismount now and let us fight honourably, or I will be forced to summon my spirit guardians to haul you down." The knight persists, "If you are not truly evil, the trial by combat will be fair and you will survive!"

"Covric, is this really needed, we are in a hurry here." Nagrax says with a sigh, "Can't you let us go this once?"

"I cannot, my friend, you should know this."

Nagrax shakes his head and turns to Nowhere, "Can you indulge him so we can get this over with?"

"What!" Nowhere looks outraged, "I'm not about to duel on the side of the road because this silly knight wants to play." He rolls his eyes, "Sir knight, if you want to play a different game, then I'd be more than happy to indulge you. Something without weapons and less armour, perhaps?" He winks at the knight.

"Evil thing! Get down immediately!" Covric demands.

- Encourage Nowhere to do it.
- Offer to duel instead of him.
- Encourage the party to escape.
- Encourage the party to attack the night.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back