• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for a home for a character

YsFanatic

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Ok, so this will be a bit different than most of the other 1x1 threads I've seen here as I'm primarily looking for a home for a character I want to play rather than for particular storyline(s). I should probably start with mention that I haven't done 1x1 in over 20 years, I've pretty much only ever done group RPs before. So this will be a rather huge change for me as I'm used to 'one or more people are the GM(s) and everyone else just plays their PC(s)' setup. But as I've been having trouble finding a group RP suitable for my character in question, my options have pretty much come down to either running a group RP of my own to put her in (and I generally prefer to avoid having a GM PC) or trying a 1x1, so here I am.

Before I get into the character I'm just gonna list some expectations here.

• Please be 21 or older.
  • Generally I end up doing 1 or 2 paragraphs in length for posts. I don't care if you have longer replies, but if you need to go shorter for some reason (lack of time for example), please no one-liners.
  • Decent spelling/grammer. I'm not perfect at it so I'm not going to expect it, I just ask you use spellcheck as needed and try to make sure posts are easily understandable.
  • I'm not looking for or expecting romance in RPs. For me its something that if it happens organically, great, otherwise I don't worry about it and am perfectly content with platonic relationships.
  • I only RP original characters and would want the same from anyone I RP with. That said, I'm perfectly fine with powers/equipment from fandoms or having ties with one or more fandoms as a lot of my characters are setup that way, including this one as will be detailed below.
  • Post frequency: Generally I try to post at least once a week and would prefer whoever I RP with be able to do that pace as well. If I have the inspiration and time I can sometimes do more than that in a week during lunch breaks or if work is slow enough in the evening.
  • I'd prefer to have a thread for IC stuff, but OOC stuff, character sheets, and planning can be done over PMs or Discord.
  • If you find yourself not enjoying whatever RP we are doing or need to stop because of real life stuff, just let me know! I'd rather be told than left hanging so I know that I'm open to try again if I want to.

Now, as for why I've been having trouble finding a home for this character, Dana, short version is that she's from a setting established between a bunch of us at a different forum I used to RP at that involved multiple multiverses, most of which I won't be mentioning/using here outside of vague references as they are not mine or have permission to use in detail. Some of the multiverses are strictly original content, others contain a mix of fandom and original universes (or a mix of both kinds of content). This makes it tricky to to include characters I've made for that setting in many group RPs here as even the multiverse ones tend to have it that there is only one multiverse with set origins/rules for it that would conflict with the origin/history behind Dana.

For the long version, I'll just put it in a spoiler so those who are not interested can skip.
To start, we have to go back to the second ever RP I joined, Phantasy Star IV: Alternate Timeline that was run over at the Shining Force Central forum, and its sequel Infinity Crisis. While PSIV: AT was an alternate take on events on the old Sega Genesis RPG Phantasy Star IV, there was also an inter-dimensional military group at work helping to fight against the Darkness threatening the Algo solar system. End result was the space ship supporting the PCs becoming lost within that particular multiverse when Algo, and presumably the Darkness, were destroyed. That ship and the PCs then spent Infinity Crisis trying to find their way back home, or in the case of the PCs that were natives of Algo, reuniting with the refugees from their solar system or otherwise finding a place for themselves. After going through multiple universes, both original and fandom based, the group finds out they are involved in a battle between two Tribes, Creation and Void, that are in conflict over the fate of this multiverse. They are chosen to be the champions for Creation to fight against the champion of Void, the Profound Darkness they thought that had been destroyed, but was now on the verge of being reborn as a Supreme Darkness that could destroy the entire multiverse and possibly continue to threaten other multiverses. The PCs go through multiple trials and collect numerous allies, including two inter-dimensional military groups (one of which is my creation), various gods, and other powerful entities, before taking the fight to the Darkness and her allies. The battle ends in their victory. Dana's grandfather on her mother's side and both grandparents on her father's side were involved in this battle.

Then we would later do the Childhood/Super Troopers/Saga Genesis RPs that would chronicle adventures of the children of those who fought in the final battle of Infinity Crisis as well as various other characters. Dana's mother, Sarah, was one of my characters for Childhood and Saga Genesis (and I'm currently RPing her on here in her 90's in a group RP). The main thing from these RPs and the events that happened later that matter in regards to using Dana in an RP is that the man Sarah married would become Dana's father was the child of two warriors who also fought against the Supreme Darkness. Since both of her parents had the special trait 'Child of Infinity', this means that Dana has inherited it in its full potential. The trait in a nutshell means that the character with it instantly adapts to the laws of any universe that would be hostile to their existence, something that even gods and other incredibly powerful beings would not be able to do. An example of that would be what happened to my telepathic character, Balint, when he got exposed to a pocket dimension of sorts were supernatural powers could not exist. Within moments of entering it, his physiology changed, including an enlarged head/brain, to enable a biological version of his telepathic abilities that relied on electrical signals in the environment and in people's bodies. While this was much weaker and shorter ranged than his normal supernatural abilities, it meant that he at least had something where everyone else just simply lost access to their powers for the duration. Once the pocket dimension was gone his body and powers returned to normal. For RPs I've tried to use Dana in I had put it in the trait's description that it was up to the GM what effect it would have, if any, as I had included it simply for the sake of flavor rather than any expectation of using it.

As far Dana's activities in RP stuff so far, she appeared as an NPC in a TTRPG I ran and was one of the NPCs the group brought along for the assault on the villain's base at the end of the game.

At this point I suppose I should put down some more details about Dana and what kinds of adventures I think she'd be a good fit for. If you want more information than what I'm putting down here, just let me know!

Name: Dana Landale
Picture:
Dana_Final.jpg

(Image is of her in her early 30's when she's embarking on a trip for some training. Commissioned the image from a friend.)

Species: 1/2 Human, 1/2 Palman (appears human other than slightly larger than normal eyes)
Character Type: Original creation with ties to original Phantasy Star and Ys fandoms (some powers, some gear, and her ancestry)
Settings Dana is suitable for: Fantasy or a Sci-FI/Fantasy hybrid like the original Phantasy Star games and other such settings.

For the types of adventures I would want to use Dana for, I've got two basic ideas right now. First, due to a medical condition she had when she was younger, she had trouble controlling her powers, much less developing them and it wasn't solved until she was about 30. After getting training from her parents and others she'd embark on a trip to a planet in another universe or multiverse to get some practical experience under her belt at fighting without the use of magi-tech to control her abilities. Exact storyline is up in the air (but I do have an example I'm going to put down below). If I did do a group RP with Dana as a GM PC, this is the basic setup I'd use to get her into the story.

For an example, I had an old idea for an RP where the PCs would not be part of the main hero group, but rather working on the sides to help deal with the big evil. Like protecting a town when the hero party is across the country fighting a demon for example. Could also include things like dealing with bandits trying to take advantage of the situation, search and rescue efforts, helping separated family/friends find each other again, and so on. And if we decide to continue the adventure past the defeat of the big bad evil there would likely be plenty of problems left in the aftermath that would need to be dealt with. Like while Dana wouldn't want to get involved in local politics, if your character or someone they know/are traveling with has a reason to do so (like picking new leaders after the old ones were killed by monsters for example), she would have no problem acting as a bodyguard to make sure they are safe.
This option is currently being worked on!

Second idea would involve Dana in her 50's when she's reached the height of her power and is now considered to be the Protector of her homeworld, Neilgo. Since Neilgo and another faction they are allied with do sometimes help out people of other realities with threats they can't handle, she could either have gone to the help to help the natives with something that it doesn't look like they could handle or perhaps been asked by someone to help out their homeworld(s) (or universe). I am open to other ideas however. I would not be planning on having Dana learn new abilities or improve her existing ones in this situation (though temporarily getting powers like through the intervention of a powerful enough god or whatever would be fine).

THIS BIT IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL (was an idle thought I had at work one day): While normally I wouldn't be interested in a leveling System type deal that a lot of isekai settings use, it could be an interesting thing to try with Dana in this setup. With the kinds of power levels those settings have, the chances are they could provide a solid challenge for Dana even with her at her peak. With her Child of Infinity trait allowing the System to immediately attach to her, it opens up some possibly interesting RP chances. For example, she could ping as being Level 1 despite having all of her own powers fully functional (though I'd say she'd either have a much slower leveling rate than normal or get little to nothing out of a lot of the earlier levels), or the System could assign some Level value that it thinks matches her but all the abilities she came to that universe with show up as ERROR to anyone who can look at them but they would all still function normally. Details can be worked out as I have no set plans for this situation.

Attachments

• DanaFinal.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Bump, figured out how to get the image to show up finally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back