• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Logging in on the iPhone 5c

Menagerie

Making it through a crazy world one line at a time
I can't! It won't let me! I can pull up the log in section, but the moment I go to type it disappears! HELP!

Are you on the iPhone right now? Just trying to clarify what your on, see that you can't log in.

I'm on my computer right now. I gave up trying to log in on my iPhone earlier while I was away from the house on a walk

When I click on the key it pulls up the log in section to enter my username and password. If I am in landscape and I click on the username it all disappears and just takes me to the top of the page. If I am in portrait and I click username I can enter my user name. Regardless of whether I am in in portrait or landscape if I click on password to enter my password it just brings me to the top of the page and closes out the log in area.

I am glad to know that I am not the only one! Thank you @Carter Jake Mason

Do you have the latest IOS? Might be a conflict there

Actually, yeah make a thread in Admin contact.

I do have the latest IOS - just updated it on Wednesday I believe.

KendraJessi said:
I do have the latest IOS - just updated it on Wednesday I believe.
It's definitely the forum software if more than one person is experiencing it.

Before we say it's the forum software I'd suggest someone with a 5c using a different browser. I know you can get puffin browser for free on iPhone.

It very well could be safari gankin things up.

[QUOTE="Carter Jake Mason]I'm currently getting that same bug, I'm going to make a Admin Contact.

[/QUOTE]
What's the device you used? 5c? Or did you get the error on another device?

Considering I'm using Safari on an iPhone and it works fine. Granted, it probably would be a good idea to test your theory Atom, but to me it would be good to bring the issue up to the Admins just in case it was something with the new software, as sometimes Xenforo acts wonky on mobile. Also the site is still in beta if I'm not mistaken, so that's another good reason to bring it up.

Cavil said:
Considering I'm using Safari on an iPhone and it works fine. Granted, it probably would be a good idea to test your theory Atom, but to me it would be good to bring the issue up to the Admins just in case it was something with the new software, as sometimes Xenforo acts wonky on mobile. Also the site is still in beta if I'm not mistaken, so that's another good reason to bring it up.
Good point

Honestly there's a lot of factors here that could cause it

So it's a good idea to knock out as many possibilities as we can I think.

In the meantime, use the link: rpnation.com/login as a work around. This page will allow you to log-in from mobile devices. (:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back