• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lightwood Academy

Whack

Quack
Welcome to Lightwood Academy for the supernatural!

1. You can be any supernatural/Mythical or humanoid being you want other than Gods/Satan.

2. You can have as many characters as you want! Just try to keep it to where others won't be confused.

3. No godmodding/metagaming, or controlling another's character. This also means no killing someone else's character without his/her permission.

4. Don't spam. Have a minimum of 4-5 1x1 posts at a time, and keep OOC in the IC or CS tab. Keep it in the OOC tab.

5. Absolutely NO one-liners. Have at least one solid paragraph, and don't spam, it gives time for others to role-play.

6. Please ask if you want something major to happen in the rp.

7. Read the Overview for the IC rules!

Last edited by a moderator:

Its early morning, and already students have begun to arrive at the gates of Lightwood Academy. At the time, none of them have been able to enter the school grounds due to the gate being locked, and none could see through the mass of black iron decor. The only visible part of the school was it's high, castle-like, tops that peaked into the sky. even though they were unseen, A couple of people stood on the other side of the large gates waiting until the clock struck it's next chime. That would be the signal to officially open the gates to this educational haven.

The tower clock finally chimed, echoing into the empty halls of the school. The moment the deep melody resided, the light screeching of iron moving against itself sounded as the black metal gates began to unwind it's curved and mixed decorated designs like snakes, sinking into the paved stone that made up the rest of the barrier and pathway. It slowly revealed the schools classical yet modern architecture, as well as the group of the people that stood on the other side......

~~~~~~~~~

The headmaster took no time to dally with staring at the group of young students. He kept his proud posture and looked at the throng,"Hello students. I am Vladmir Lightwood, the headmaster here at Lightwood academy, and we," he glided a hand to gesture at the staff who stood by,"Have come to officially welcome you here. I do apologize for the wait, and hope that you took the time to meet some of your fellow students." Vladmir's eyes scanned over the youth for a moment before he continued,"There is food freshly prepared in the dinning hall for those of you who are hungry. The dormitory is located on your map, and your roommates will be situated through a sorting cup when the second bell rings today."

Vladmir cleared his throat," I will only say this once. Any and every student is to stay clear of the lower halls. I will not tolerate defiance on this subject. If you are found there, you will be immediately placed under

punishment. Now, That is all I have to say for the time being. You are free to do whatever you wish until the second bell. I hope you enjoy your time here."

Francis, for once in a couple of hours, had a sting of hope in her heart that things would go well. She got up off the ground and awkwardly saluted the headmaster. When he started scanning the students and looked at her, she jumped a little. After calming herself down, she waited for the gates to open. Once they did, she went through, checking her map and making her way to the dining hall.

A couple students -- all of many mystical races -- were playing instruments, and several others were gorging on food, and despite the lack of harmony in the music, somehow everything was going to the beat. She sighed and sat down in front of a plate of mashed potatoes. Her favorite. She began to eat them, smelling them first to make sure that they weren't poisonous. A couple of people looked at her and she retreated into her overcoat, quickly eating some more.

Vi knew one thing for certain; the festivities were to be avoided at all cost. There were too many people in one place, and with many people came many opportunities to lose control of her powers. If she was going to survive here, she would have to avoid the big parties and the afternoon traffic jam as students rushed to make their classes on time. No, Vi had to be sensible. Arrive early, leave late, stay indoors unless there was something critical she had to get to outside. It might not have been the most luxurious existence, but it was comfortable. Comfort was better than anything.

So, instead of heading to the dining hall like most students, the siren made her way to the much quieter dormitory. She wasn't exactly that hungry anyways. Settling down, the girl closed her eyes. All Vi had to do was wait for that bell, and get her room, and then she could settle into her own space without interruption or crowds. The girl could even lay on her bed for a while and read. The thought made her smile as she settled on the steps outside the building.

Noah had been patiently waiting for the grand opening of the gates, sitting comfortably on the sidewalk and looking around the group of other teens that where waiting as well. He had been looking them over for as far as he could see through the crowd and for his own entertainment tried to figure out who was what kind of mythical creature. He didn't have a hard time reading some of the people's body languages as well, it being easy to tell who was 'very shy' or 'cool about the situation'. Some where really hard to guess though, but he could always find out through socializing. Ofcourse, he was planning to make some friends on Lightwood. The boy would be here for a while, so making the best out of it that Noah possibly could was the plan.

When the time came, the headmaster finished his speech and the crowd made its way inside of the building the brunette didn't hesitate to follow. He would have time to set up his flute and other stuff later, for now he wanted to go to the dinning hall. Maybe socialize for a bit. As he stepped inside the sweet scent of freshly made food filled his nose and the sound of music being played filled his ears. It wasn't exactly the type that he liked, but overall the dining hall seemed like a nice place. As for food, he decided to take a delicious looking sandwich together with some Green Ice Tea and took place on some random seat in the hall.

Marley's eyes were wide as she ran through the huge black gates. She was late, like always. She had woken up late, which just made everything late and it was just a mess. That's why she was so late. "Gah," she sighed, pushing her bangs from her eyes as she skidded to a halt in front of the main building. It was huge, the tops rising way into the sky. A smile flashed across Marley's face as she pushed her bangs out of her dark gray eyes again. She shook her hair and took a deep breath. This is going to be good for me. Marley tried to coach herself. Starting as new school was stressful, especially when, in theory, everyone at your new school could kill you.

Her parents were supposed to be bringing her things for her dorm later. Personally, she didn't care who her roommate was, she'd try to get along either way. She walked through the huge doors and down a hallway, looking for any person. She took a couple steps further down the hallway, she heard loud chatter. "Ah-ha!" she said, realizing she'd found the other people. Then she looked around quickly, checking to see if anyone heard her. She didn't see anyone, but growing up around a shapeshifter, she knew that didn't mean no one was there. She grimaced a bit, slowed her walk, and approached the cafeteria at a more acceptable pace.

Entering the cafeteria, she saw the room was full of normal looking kids. She wasn't exactly sure what she had been expecting, but she looked normal, so why couldn't everyone else. Marley's appetite was a weird thing; the vampire in her hated real food while the shapeshifter in her craved it. It just always depended on how she was feeling. While she was incredibly nervous, luckily her shapeshifter was craving some good ole breakfast food. She got some and sat down next to a boy with dark hair. She cleared her throat.

"I'm Marley." She said with a grin, sticking her hand out for the boy to shake.

@KoopaTroopa

Jason's soft Violet eyes scanned over the Crowd as he patiently sat down near the side examining all the people who were gathering at the large towering gates. All sorts of Mythical creatures and people congregating in one area was most definitely intrigued him wondering what they could all do in terms of power. His ears twitched slightly as he heard the gates open and the Principal beginning to address everyone , Course Jason was more pre-occupied just watching everyone and didn't hear even the slightest word of what he might have said.

As everyone went inside Jason got up to stretch, soon following at a slower pace so he could look around at his own time. He decided to head to the cafeteria and get something to eat, walking in with a cool air about him. He just took a plain ham sandwich and decided to sit at a table in one of the corners, preferring to just examine everyone and thing for now, choosing to socialize later.
"Hmph..So many different people..." He'd mumble, his thoughts once again on wondering what they could all do , tapping his foot slightly as he did so.

Nacari, who just arrived at the school, was away from the crowd and was leaning against a tree.He carefully observed each and every fellow classmate to see if he can pinpoint any one in particular.He saw Francis and immediately knew she was a shy one. Then he glanced over his shoulder and saw Noah observing them aswell. He then turned back and decided to get a closer look and he then walked into the crowd.He stood there in silence and observed. He then looked at the clock and waited. Then as soon as the headmaster came out when it was time, he listened.He was then wondering about the lower halls and decided to ignore it.

After the headmaster gave his speech,he went inside and into the dining hall.As he sat by himself and ate breakfest, he took out his sketchbook and started drawing.A few pepole tryed to see what he was drawing, but, since he did not want to be judged, he made his black angel wings spread and block thier veiw.After he was finished eating, he got up and walked around the halls and familarise himself with the schools lay out.As he was walking he saw the doors to the lower halls. He wanted to see what was down there but, insted he walked away and went around the halls to find pepole he can befriend.

Francis notice the boy looking at her and jumped in her seat. Black angel wings were not something she was used to, especially since she grew up in a suburban environment with no, you know, supernatural beings. Other than her, apparently. She finished her plate and faked a smile at him, giving two thumbs up. Maybe that would make him not want to hurt her. She quickly left the dining hall, still fake-grinning, and made her way down the hallway.

While in the hallway, her grin turned into a frown, and she slid into her overcoat some more. People were giving her odd looks and she knew it. She then saw Nacari wandering the hallways and feared that he was going to judge her. "I am so, so sorry for possibly distressing you in the dining hall, my chum, say, is there anything I can do to help you? I have a map, I mean, following that logic you have a map too, so never mind. Anyways, um, UFOlogy? Do you study that? UFOs? Aliens? I'm interested in that stuff. It reminds me of..."

She didn't shut up.

Nacari looked at Francis confused.He said "You did'nt distress me in any way in the dining hall.Im sorry if I distressed you if anything.Is there something bothering you by the way?". He then listened to everyword Francis had to say.As he listend he folded up his angel wings and said to Francis "Sorry to interupt but, why do you think you distressed me?" He then looked in her eyes and waited for her to answer.

As he sat down in a comfortable position and took a bite from his sandwich Noah noticed a rather tall girl coming his way. Really not wanting to make the first impression of a pig he quickly swallowed the bite and smiled politely at the girl. "Hey, i'm Noah." He introduced himself and shook her hand. It suprised him on how fast someone had started to talk to him, but he didn't complain. She who's name was apparently Marley looked friendly in his eyes and by the way she decided to sit next to him by herself she must've been social.

After giving his speech the Headmaster started off down one of the side-way paths for the time being. It was going to be a hassle to begin the school year, as it always was. So, he took the small amount of time that he had to himself in peace. The area at which he was headed was the Academy's garden where the verdurous greenery laid undisturbed and ever blooming. Not many people came to the garden purposely, it was usually just an area people would happen upon from time to time. So he was a little surprised by what his gaze met when he stepped onto the small cobblestone path that intertwined with the floor of a dark-wooded gazebo. A head of dark brown hair was peaking above one of the dwarf bushes that rested beside the steps, slowly revealing the form of his son, Vlad, sitting in the middle of the path that lead farther into the garden. From what Vladmir could see, he seemed to be in deep thought about something. He was a little surprised by this discovery seeing as Vlad usually stayed away from the garden. "Vlad?" He said quietly, unmoving when the youth jumped up from his resting position and dusted himself off. Vladmir had to stifle a chuckle at the sight before him: Vlad stood in baggy clothing that he had obviously slept in, the wrapping bandages he kept around his face were loose and falling, and he was covered in leaves and flowers that had probably fallen from the vines that covered the gazebo. "oh-..uh..um.....I was playing with brother."

The headmaster raised a brow at his child's hesitance to speak, but never minded it. It wasn't unusual for people to succumb to the younger brother's playfulness. Even he had been dragged into the fray of eccentric giddiness of playing with him many times. "That's fine, but where is he? It's time for him to eat." oh yes, feeding the little monster was something no one found to be easy. Vladmir would never understand why he hated eating so much.

"Well, we were playing hide and seek, but he kind of disappeared. I was trying to think about where he could be." Vlad didn't know what to say to his father about losing his little brother. He twiddled his thumbs at the silence that fell between them, before it broke.

"Well then.... Just find him before he tries to leave the school on his own. I'll be in my quarters for now if you want to talk." with a rustle of his hair, his father smiled slightly and sauntered off towards the school. Vlad also left to the school, beginning to search the halls for the little light-haired boy. He sighed slightly, hoping he wasn't getting into anything that could harm him.

Chatters spreads throughout the atmosphere during the time she and everyone else waited for the school to be accessible when the entrance gate opens, allowing them to finally start their first day for the year. She was sitting in a squatting position just a few feet away from the crowded place due to her dislike in being inside a stuffy situation. All the while, her balance was maintained all because she was somewhat hugging the weapon of hers that has always been with her and is also considered to be her close companion.

When hearing a faint clock chime, Severa rises from her position while gripping the weapon around the middle of the pole. She closes her eyes and began to concentrate as the weapon was slowly shrinks inside her hands into a size that was about the same as her palms, keeping it in the pouch of her school bag. She then attentively listened to the principal's short speech and intended to have breakfast before she intended on doing anything else. Guessing that most students will be thinking of the same thing, she followed some of them that were heading off without needing to look at her own map that was provided.

Upon arriving there, she picked out what she finds most delectable and had quite a large portion of it. She not so randomly chose a seat that was has not been occupied by anyone and it was by the furthest corner of the dining hall in which seems to be most deserted. She enjoyed her meal as she kicked her legs idly in the air, slightly not touching the floor when she sat down on the chair.

Marley smiled when the boy actually answered her and smiled back. "Super nice to meet you, Noah." She said, shaking his hand. "How long have you been going here?" she asked, taking a bite of the food in front of her. It was always nice to meet someone that would actually answer her. She'd had many a people been turned off talking to her because she was so forward about meeting people. Marley just didn't really care. It took a lot of embarrass Marley and she never took herself very seriously. She was almost constantly laughing at herself. "I'm sorry if my forwardness disturbed your breakfast. I have no sense of boundaries." She grimaced. "And obviously no mental filter either." she chuckled, shaking her head at herself.

After finishing he quickly took off away from all the noise and chatter of the bustling cafeteria , Preferring some peace and quiet for the time being. He walked through the rather empty hallways whistling to himself, hoping to go nowhere in particular but just doing some extra exploration to remind himself of the Schools lay out, hell maybe he'd meet someone new wandering about if possible.

(Sorry If its a little short, Wasn't sure what else to put)

As Noah took a sip from his drink he looked Marley all over, just because of curiousity. "It's really nice to meet you too, Marley." He replied to her. He was completely honest there, he actually thought it was nice to neet such an happy looking person like her. "For a few years i think." He answered her.second question, not needed to think about it at all. The few years he had spend here where alright. He had good friends and had a neutral bond with the teachers. He was hoping to improve all of those this year, make it a fun year. At the last statement of the other Noah chuckled, blowing a few hairs that fell in front of his eyes away in the process. "Don't worry about it." He simply laughed.

There was the gentle sound of wings beating against the air in soft, rhythmic strokes. The tips of her toes touched the ground first, before the rest of her foot followed. Eve stared up towards the huge modernized school in front of her with curious golden eyes. A few students stood outside the building, admiring her from a distance as she stretched out her wings. With a relaxed sigh, Eve folded them against her back. Outstretching her delicate hand, she pushed open the door and stepped inside. Voices could be heard all around. The main hallway seemed to be a bit crowded...

Eve began walking forward, her eyes glancing around from time to time. The cafeteria seemed to be at the end of the hallway, and she quickened her pace slightly to reach it faster. A person walked out in front of her; a girl. Eve didn't have much time to react before she was tripped. Her hands saved her from face planting. The girl bit her lip and muttered a forced 'sorry' and walked away with two others. Their laughter echoed down the hallway. But Eve did not grow angry, and instead remained calm. Her satchel had been flung across the hallway, papers spilling out.

"W-wait! Don't step on... those." Her voice died down to a whisper as people began leaving their footprints behind on the white sheets. When the area had cleared, the papers were dirty and soiled.

With a small sigh, Eve rose to her feet and knelt down beside the scattered papers. One by one, she began to pick them up.

What a great way to start the year...

Darren stood against the wall of the hallway, like a shadow. Ever since his arrival he had been almost invisible to the other students. He excelled at blending into crowds. Average speed, completely silent, headphones on, not that there was any music, it was just an easy way to avoid conversation. He watched as cliques walked by. Laughing at each other, having argument or just telling what they had done this summer. He was almost jealous of these conversations. Almost. He knew he would never be like them. He couldn't allow himself to be. There was already a constant nagging feeling of excitement and fear, but nothing he couldn't handle. This wasn't his first new school and definitely not the first time he had to suppress his feelings.

A satchel skimmed by, almost hitting Darren in the face. His neckhaires stood immediately on end. A subtle smell of ozone reached his nose. Keep it cool, he told himself. It was just an accident. Breath in. Breath out. Don't lose control. A girl ran after it, trying to save any of the sheets that spilled out of the satchel. 'Shouldn't he help her?' Darren thaught, but deep down he knew it wasn't worth the risk.

Marley smiled as the boy actually held a conversation with her. Not many people just laughed off her extreme nature like he did. She liked this guy already. "Really? A few years? Do you like it?" she asked. "I'm so new. It sucks being the new person, but someone has to be." She rambled. The she stopped herself. "Please, next time I ramble, just tell me to shut up. I won't be offended." She smiled. She took a long sip of her drink and another bite of her food. She loved food in this moment. The next moment, she probably wouldn't unfortunately. She glanced around the cafeteria briefly and then back to Noah.

As Nacari was scanning the halls, he came across Eve. He then walked over to her and helped pick up her papers. He spreaded his large black wings around the papers and pushed pepole away that were about to step on the pictures. He then looked at eve and handed her the papers he had and sayed " Here, sorry for what just happened, some pepole here are to stubborn to walk around the papers" He then got up And walked away.

Noah shrugged and took another quick sip of his Ice Tea. "The school is pretty nice, the teachers here are pretty friendly for as long as i know." He grinned and looked Marley in the eye again. They had a nice silver color to them. "Well, welcome then." The boy said with another smile. "Don't worry about it Mar.. Can i call you that?" He asked with a slight chuckle. "I'm sure you will like it here, i mean, i took a look around the crowd.." As he said that he did it again for a second. "..And the others look alright." He did notice that they had actually looked around at the same time though, wich made him laugh.

When she had finished the food, Severa puts the plates and whatever she used at where it should be before washing her hands and returning again to her seat. She then brought out the map of the academy's campus out of her school bag, small and rectangular-shaped in the color of dark blue with a hint of gold. She held it in one hand while the other was fiddling with Naegi that was still inside the side pouch. Analyzing the grounds, she was deciding on what place she could spare her time before visiting her dorm room.

"The garden seems nice. It should be a delightful sight." she muttered under her breath and folded the map back to store it away. She exited the dining hall having remembered which direction she should go to reach her destination. Looking straight ahead without losing focus of where she was going, Severa mostly ignored the surroundings around her as she walked through the courtyard. All the while, she does produce some thoughts of her own about the academy.

Being it her first year, she was unfamiliar with how the lifestyle here would including having a dorm mate. Previously, she was home schooled by her parents and would mostly spend her leisure time forging weapons. With that, it was obvious that she did not have any friends before and the only one who was always by her side would be her weapon which she had been fond of and named it Naegi. (It should be fine. It's not like I don't know how to interact with people.) she thought to herself, confident that her school life will go without any problems as she continued walking.

Nurse Office
Though a certain someone was suppose to be at the gates with the other staffs, Haydn had slacked off and lost track of time being in his office, taking a short snooze on of the beds provided. His office was an average size with many cabinets filled of medical equipment. There were exactly eight beds in total -- minus one being occupied -- and four windows but all were closed to block out the light as Haydn continued to be in the dreamworld where he was having a chat with the council that control all Baku's that lived on earth.

Their meeting was short-lived though as Haydn soon stirred in his sleep and let out a sigh, his hands lazily reached out of the covers of the blankets to find his discarded mask. Once he felt the smooth curves of his mask, he placed it back onto his face and let out a loud yawn as he groaned,"

The council are such a bother.

" He mumbled in annoyance of their pointless meeting and got up from the comfort of the bed towards his desk that laid in front of one of the windows. Grabbing his coat, he slipped it on over his fancy attire and smoothed out his hair from looking like some bad bedhead. He let out another sigh and went over to open all the curtains so sunlight could slip into the dark room so it wouldn't look so gloomy as light flooded the room making him slightly blinded but luckily his mask was able block out most of the light.

Stretching out his sore muscles, he went over to the door and unlocked it and made his way out of the room, leaving the room unlocked just in case someone needed to use the room for anything. Stuffing his hands in the pocket of his coat, he took the time to stroll around the campus to maybe chat with the Headmaster or hang out with one of the staffs, maybe one of the few students he knew like Vi or Jason. Shrugging his shoulders, he just went with whatever and just kill time with whoever he bumps into. He was a doctor and making friends with the students of Lightwood would help him learn ways that he could help with the students as not just a doctor but as a friend as well.

@anyone, have fun with Haydn c:

[

OOC Notes: Don't be breaking the rules now, I'm just giving a warning here also sorry for any mistakes made, I did this all on my phone ;w;

]

Sully had managed to arrive near the gates just in time to hear the headmaster's speech. Usually, being late was never a problem but he couldn't get a ride to the school so instead he had to walk all the way from the orphanage. Exhausted from being in such a hurry he decided to avoid the main crowd of students in the cafeteria, since having too many people would lessen his chance of finding a few good friends.

Deciding it's best to simply wander the halls and get a layout he walked alone, taking in his surroundings. Along the way he saw a few other students talking in the halls. He knew better than to butt in to new friendships. Upon seeing the garden, he was mesmerized by it and decided to walk around the plants whilst awaiting the second bell.

Vi would have been more than happy to stay by herself until the second bell rang, but only a few moments after sitting down, another crowd began to form at the foot of the stairs. Annoyance and worry shot through her body, pulling her back on her feet again. If she was being honest with herself, Vi could have just as well left school, gone home, not had to deal with the crowds and the people in them. It would have been so easy to walk out the front gates again; but the girl knew that she couldn't do that. So, instead, she decided to travel to the one place in the entire school she knew was safe. The nurse's office.

The siren made her way there as quickly as possible on wobbly knees, her head down and her hands stuffed in the pockets of her sweater. The Nurse's office wasn't that far, but to her, it seemed like three miles, especially when all eyes were trained on her as she walked. The girl didn't even bother to knock as she entered the room, nervously scanning the office to find her friend.
"Hayden?"

@Plushie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back