It's Been a Long Time Since I did This. . . .

It was fun! I enjoy playing conquerors and kings. Heck, my current Solar concept for the next edition of Exalted is a mesopotamian god-king :)

It's not Gilgamesh is it? When you say Mesopotamian God-king, I automatically think of Gilgamesh. Fate/stay night probably ruined my image of him, but at least it got me to remember some actual facts about the mythological character.

I do like Gilgamesh, both his mythological version and the Fate version, although I vastly prefer Zero to Night. And it isn't him, though there are distinct similarities. I have long been fond of Mesopotamia, and all its myriad cultures, gods, and neat bits, and I very much like the aesthetic: chariots, high walls, the Gates of Ishtar, bronze helmets, ziggurats, beer-making priestesses, prostitute priestesses, siege engines, man-headed bird-monsters.. etc., etc.

Gilgamesh, both versions, are solid examples of Solar characters in the game, so comparisons are inevitable. He's a social Darwinist warrior-king with a pet lion, aiming to rule over the world with an iron fist, drive mankind to prosper and grow through oppression and conflict, engage in war, and sport, and challenge of all sorts, and go on exciting and dangerous adventures, and make his lands fruitful, and draw all other heroes to him, and subjugate them, and lead them, and along the way breed himself a dynasty that will last forever and rule in splendor.

Think a mix of Gilgamesh, Street Fighter's Oni, Solomon (for the wisdom and metric fuck-ton of wives and general kingliness), shonen protagonists, Alexander the Great, and.. hmm, Reinhardt von Lohengramm from Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Sounds like a really interesting mesh of character ideas. I do prefer Fate/Zero to Fate/stay night, just like I prefer Fate/EXTRA to them.

I quite like it. For more Fate comparisons, think of him as a fusion of Gilgamesh and Alexander. He's a big, brawny mesopotamian ass-kicker that wants to rule and conquer and challenge and inspire. Beyond arrogant.

My sort of character, really.

I've never seen / read Fate/EXTRA.

Oh, wow, that's one way to go about creating a character! Combining those two, he would have to be an ass-kicker who wants to rule, and who'd be arrogant.

Fate/EXTRA is actually just a visual novel released on the PSP. It got an English release, it's actually pretty good!

I've combined traits from my favorite characters before to make something interesting, I have fun doing it from time to time. ^ ^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back