• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Is The Demon Lord A Myth? (Out of Character/Lore)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Hey, I'd be very interested in playing a paladin/holy knight effectively serving as a temple guard or an agent of sorts aligned with the temple. What is religion like in Aevithia? I mean, are people allowed to worship multiple deities? If so, would a temple knight have to favor Aevith as their main deity to be assigned to its protection?

Hey, I'd be very interested in playing a paladin/holy knight effectively serving as a temple guard or an agent of sorts aligned with the temple. What is religion like in Aevithia? I mean, are people allowed to worship multiple deities? If so, would a temple knight have to favor Aevith as their main deity to be assigned to its protection?
Usually, common folk are allowed to worship multiple deities. Only noble houses usually have their own guardian deity. Clergy cannot serve multiple deities, but usually cooperate with clergy of other deities as long as they are deities of the same religion.

And temple knights would mostly serve Aevith. There may however be specific temple knights for the major deities. Minor deities don't have temple knights, but would rather have their own champions who could be adventurers with the adventurers guild or be in the service of another service such as city guard.

Hello! I'm planning to play a half-elf who's a bureaucrat tuned forced adventurer. What are the social views on half-elves and where do elves normally live in Nation of Veres?

Last edited:
Hello! I'm planning to play a half-elf who's a bureaucrat tuned forced adventurer. What are the social views on half-elves and where do elves normally live in Nation of Veres?
Elves are native to the forested mountains in the east of Veres. They are like medium height mountains (like up to 1000 meters). Also it depends on what the other half is, half elf half human will be treated equal to humans or elves. Now if it was half orc half elf, they would be treated like an ordinary orc.

Vox Angelis Vox Angelis 215 years is old old for an elf. I was intending for elves to top out at 200 or 250 years old unless they had costly life extending methods.

It would be fine, but maybe give some reason for her rather youthful appearance at her age such as "due to her loyal service to the goddess, she has been blessed with an additional century of longevity" or so.

Hey, this might be a stretch but would it be possible for me to play a changeling? I know you didn’t mention it as one of species but I was hoping maybe I could. If not totally fine with playing a different species.

Hey, this might be a stretch but would it be possible for me to play a changeling? I know you didn’t mention it as one of species but I was hoping maybe I could. If not totally fine with playing a different species.
They don't fit into this setting. Sorry.

Vox Angelis Vox Angelis 215 years is old old for an elf. I was intending for elves to top out at 200 or 250 years old unless they had costly life extending methods.

It would be fine, but maybe give some reason for her rather youthful appearance at her age such as "due to her loyal service to the goddess, she has been blessed with an additional century of longevity" or so.
No problem at all, I will tone her age down into the 50s-60s

No problem at all, I will tone her age down into the 50s-60s
Should we have it that our characters vaguely know each other already? with your character occasionally being assigned supervisory duty when mine visits her goddess' shrine, because a) Ephelina and Rurra is seen as impure and b) the main temple authorities dont really trust Ephelina, but they cannot restrict her from the hall of minor deities as she is a high priestess of a minor deity

SOunds like a good plan. Heck, for additionnal plot twist we could even have Rosearia having known Ephelina before she was reborn, as Felis, since they were both part of Aevith's clergy.

Last edited:
SOunds like a good plan. Heck, for additionnal plot twist we could even have Rosearia having known Ephelina before she was reborn, as Felis, since they were both part of Aevith's clergy.
Possibly. But it would be complicated, because who could be convinced that a male elf apprentice priest of Aevith was reborn as a female ogre after being fatally wounded and also became the high priestess for an obscure goddess that only ogres, some beastmen and some adventurers follow?

It certainly would make the relationship strenuous considering the doubt factor. Given she's high-ranked in the clergy, I assume she's been told of Ephelina's claim when she returned to the temple? She certainly would be suspicious regardless of their previous relationship. It could be interesting to have Ephelina drop tidbits of lore about the past throughout the RP and slowly Rosearia could start to believe there was some sort of truth to her claim after all.

I don't mind working with complicated, but if you feel it's better to keep it at knowing each other on a basic level, I can do that too.

It certainly would make the relationship strenuous considering the doubt factor. Given she's high-ranked in the clergy, I assume she's been told of Ephelina's claim when she returned to the temple? She certainly would be suspicious regardless of their previous relationship. It could be interesting to have Ephelina drop tidbits of lore about the past throughout the RP and slowly Rosearia could start to believe there was some sort of truth to her claim after all.

I don't mind working with complicated, but if you feel it's better to keep it at knowing each other on a basic level, I can do that too.
Sounds like a good idea. First be doubtful, but eventually dropping stuff only Felis knew about or doing things that were typical Felis.

I was thinking of playing rebel type character. He would be part of a fallen noble house, or excommunicated from the because of his parents.

Ooo question, what are fairies like in this world. Are they all small or can they grow and shrink at will?

Ooo question, what are fairies like in this world. Are they all small or can they grow and shrink at will?
They are small and cautious towards humans and elves and such. Some people who are earth or air affinity may be able to come in contact with them though

So how animalistic are the beast races? The wolf and cat people? Are they just humans with animal ears and tails or a bit more extreme?

I will be able to post this afternoon. My intro post is getting pretty long and I havent even finished the "prologue" yet which takes place eight years ago and explains the events that turned Felis the elf priest apprentice of Aevith into Ephelina the ogre high priestess of Rurra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back