[Invasion] (Embassy) Gyeongbok Palace

Freeman

Code Monkey like you...
800px-Gyeongbokgung-KeunJeongJeon.JPG

Gyeongbok Palace, has lost its heritage a long time ago, but still keeps its history. Originally built by the Joseon Dynasty in the 1300s. It has since been rebuilt at least a dozen times since then. Once one of the Grand Palaces in Korea, but now is the sole remaining one since the end of the 3rd World War. While the rest are lost, this Palace has gained new life as for all those who wish to speak to the heart of the JADE Organization, and the Nations under its banner.

A Federation diplomatic envoy has requested to be seen by the Japanese government.

(Damn beat me to the punch.... And its Korean...)

Two guards stand out side the Palace gate as the American walks up to them across the stone floor. As the Federation ambassador enters the Palace, the environment changes form one of gray stone to a more humble atmosphere. A bit of dim lighting as compared to the Bright Sunny Day, candles and incense filled the room as symbols form all Asian dialects litter the far side wall with pictures and flowers.

Ambassador Hye Sun Jian walked up to the American, and bowed. "Welcome to Korea, the Center of the JADE Signatories, I am Ambassador Jian you have come a long way please fallow me."

She led the American out of the first building and in to the inner Palace, the made their way across the court yard past a training group of Buddhist Monks and in to a far side building. Unlike the others it wasn't dimly lit, more so normal, and had more of an office appeal then the traditional memorial out in front. " Welcome to Gyeongbok Palace, to say the least I never expected the Federation to show up in Asia so soon. But at least you got past California to get here."

"The trip from San Jose isn't a terribly exciting one. People think it is because of the aliens but they haven't given any indication that they're enacting no-fly-zones. Flying is no less dangerous than it used to be.

"Anyway, the Federation is interested in trade deals, NAPs, and military cooperation channels. No exactly MDPs, but rather establishing the communication channels to request such assistance should it become available.

"But that's the least of my proposals. Since the invasion there have been two expansions by the aliens. We can't allow this to continue. We need an international response force. Something that is run by the best military minds in the world, of what military minds exist, to be able to respond to this sort of things. SOmething extranational, something that the world can rally behind to respond to alien aggression."

"Easier said than done. We can't fight what we can't see truthfully, and at the moment we have tried the same thing you propose on our own home. But since the Invasion and fraction of the JADE Organization Asia now lies in ruins. Now Asians are fighting Asian, and we are barley able to contain what is left let alone fight what is in front of us. But as for your proposal as noble as who will be first that will be saved?Los Angeles,Tokyo,Moscow,London? I do agree that we need to communicate, share information, strategies, and expertise. That of all things needs to be shared. It’s not the 'United Front' that the Federation wants. But it is a start to one. As crippled as the JADE Treaty is, we have information, learned many thing about our enemy. But it’s the only tip of the ice burg. Though we are willing to share, in due time of course."

"As for trade, do you haveLos Angelesback? If so we could support a small fleet of Merchants. Till then any traveling though the North could have a high risk of Alien attack, as well forLatin Americathe threat of the unknown is just as bad."

"No, we don't have LA, but we're going to retake Juneau soon.

"And what I was thinking was more than a mere alliance. What I am talking about is a true army, Earth's army, soemthing that can really react to the alien threat when the nations cannot. Something to protect people. On the way here I was thinking of names and goals and whatnot, using the UN as a symbol to create some kind of coalition, but we need more than just the old UN finally finding their balls. We need something that can cover our asses, protect each other. We need a shield.

"I am proposing that the Federation and other nations in the world begin training an army that is specifically trained to react to alien attacks. An organization that will do its own research and development, its own training, and acquire its own resources. It will need our help to get started, but we can create something that will protect, whilst we liberate. We recruit soldiers from lost territories and those in danger of becoming under siege, the people who need this protection the most. Our nations will direct it and have it led, but ultimately it will act whenever we cannot."

"A noble effort to say the least but a bit grand to be thinking of on a plane ride. The JADE Nations are willing to help, we need to help our selves first. At the moment we are trying to pick up the pieces for the JADE Nations and with the same fate that fell on to the Federation, we now have many new enemies as well as neighbors surrounding us. We barley have the resources need for what you propose, but we are willing to help. If anything this has to start at least let it start here."

"Exactly. We ought to begin with coordination of our special agencies to start working on this sort of thing. President Calvert wanted to start a multinational organization that was...A bit beyond Shield, to start, anyway. I believe this plan would be a major asset to building this...Shield.

"What she had in mind was a terrorist organization style. Cells of this organization all over the world, trained by our agencies and our agents, and deployed to organize locals resistance cells. These cells would function independently and unaware of each other, with the protocol that if they are ever breached, defeated, or scattered, that they begin raising new cells. Like a hydra. Kill one head, two more appear. This organization would collect resources, recruits, and intelligence. That's where we begin. Not with an army, but with an intelligence program."

"Who would lead this, this 'Resistance group' JADE, Europe, Russia, the Federation? Even al-Qeada had a leader, one that gave orders and operated as such as you describe. Such an era we have lost, to be were we are today. I do agree fully we need to organize a Human counter attack, we need to be ordered, collective, those cells need to be our gears in Humanities' new Warmachine. The JADE Nations under the Directive has expanded the Armed Security force in to a true Military, new training, new technology, a base of a communications and even an intelligence network. We had to make sacrifices, but for the price of independence. We are willing to expand the Directive Security and Intelligence branch as well as cooperate with your own."

"But be wise American, we do not want to be devised, let alone join your Federation, as much as you want to join JADE. I do agree that we need a united front, I do agree we need to cooperate to succeed, but I also know Human tendency. New Nations rise up form the ashes of our once great civilian, and they bicker like children as the Aliens burn our cities .I know greed, treachery, bigotry, even ignorance. Four things we cannot allow our selves to be blinded by. This 'Shield' cannot be an arm of any Nation, but be as it is. A shield and a symbol, one to give hope and protect a brighter era. If you can promise that, you will have JADE's full support."

"There are many suitable candidates. In the beginning it would be answerable to us, and its leader would be someone we can agree upon. The Federation has no imperialistic desires. We've lost too much of our own territory, why would we covet yours? For now, we need to focus on getting this organization started and getting it resources to function in places where we cannot."

Uziel said:
"There are many suitable candidates. In the beginning it would be answerable to us, and its leader would be someone we can agree upon. The Federation has no imperialistic desires. We've lost too much of our own territory, why would we covet yours? For now, we need to focus on getting this organization started and getting it resources to function in places where we cannot."
"I am not speaking about there here and now. But of the new era, one that we must protect to reach it. Both of our nations were super powers at one point, we will be again in our own regions. It is only a matter of time is it not? Let us leave that bridge for when we can cross it, but nevertheless you have JADE's support on the matter. We look forward to working with you, for the creation of this 'Shield.'"

[QUOTE="Commissar Gaunt]A Envoy from the NBC would like to enter Korean Airspace and meet with the JADE Ambassador.

[/QUOTE]
Ambassador Hwag meet with the Envoy form the NBC and brought him in to his own office in the Palace. "Welcome to Korea, what brings you to the Embassies of the JADE Nations?"

"We have disturbing reports that the Thailand traitors are planning to intervene in our conflict in Alaska. This is a gross violation of of our sovereignty in handling what is largely an internal Federation affair. We were hoping that JADE would be willing to either intercept the Dominion fleet, or conduct deterring action in their waters."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back