• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Into the Inferno OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I was thinking of doing a character that was closer to a regular human in terms of power. This man would have probably been ex-armed forces, perhaps during his time with the force he's worked along side magic users or even against magic users., and has a pretty good grasp on how they tick.

Maybe he does have magic powers, but he'd be more like Widowmaker or Deadshot, more innate abilities rather then somthing strictly magical. At the same time, he's not there strictly to teach anything magical, but he's more there to physical condition the students. Sort of like a P.E. teacher, I suppose.

I also have an idea for a councilor slash mana instructor of sorts, and he would be more of a Shaolin master type of guy.

How does that sound?

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing a character that was closer to a regular human in terms of power. This man would have probably been ex-armed forces, perhaps during his time with the force he's worked along side magic users or even against magic users., and has a pretty good grasp on how they tick.

Maybe he does have magic powers, but he'd be more like Widowmaker or Deadshot, more innate abilities rather then somthing strictly magical. At the same time, he's not there strictly to teach anything magical, but he's more there to physical condition the students. Sort of like a P.E. teacher, I suppose.

I also have an idea for a councilor slash mana instructor of sorts, and he would be more of a Shaolin master type of guy.

How does that sound?

Power and magic-wise, he is fine, though that depends on the final result. If you make him human though, there should be something in his background that explains how or why he is part of this world. As monsters and magic try to keep themselves secret from humanity.

As for his class, the only thing I am iffy about is how I can incorporate that into a story arc. With each of the other roles, other than the nurse, I planned to use their job to highlight the type of conflict that will happen. If a student is going to find a cursed object, then there will be a cutscene of a class explaining cursed objects. With a phys ed class like yours, while it is useful, I'm not sure how I can give him his own little class spotlight. If that's okay with you, then go for it. If not, maybe he can double up with another role. The turnover rate at this school is terrible and some teachers do have to act as substitutes or double up to make up for the ones who leave.

Hey, I was about to head to a party at the moment so I just threw something on the character sheet thread that I'll finish when I get back. She is going to be a magic instructor who is just kinda okay at her job. She originally wanted to be a teacher to go on adventures but is quickly realizing that this is under appreciated work and she is tired.
Her powers are: community college degree.
She's half pixie but can't fly.
She only needs a little caffeine to get the wake up boost.
Sometimes she only cries a little when a student wraps their hand in bandages and starts talking how their sword hand hungers for blood.

Power and magic-wise, he is fine, though that depends on the final result. If you make him human though, there should be something in his background that explains how or why he is part of this world. As monsters and magic try to keep themselves secret from humanity.

As for his class, the only thing I am iffy about is how I can incorporate that into a story arc. With each of the other roles, other than the nurse, I planned to use their job to highlight the type of conflict that will happen. If a student is going to find a cursed object, then there will be a cutscene of a class explaining cursed objects. With a phys ed class like yours, while it is useful, I'm not sure how I can give him his own little class spotlight. If that's okay with you, then go for it. If not, maybe he can double up with another role. The turnover rate at this school is terrible and some teachers do have to act as substitutes or double up to make up for the ones who leave.
Oh quite simple, your going to need more then just magic sometimes, especially when fighting a monster. This is why your have an ex-marine training you, you want your students to be as physically fit as possible when your going up against monster, right?

Plus, what about monsters or artifacts that could neutralize or suppress magic? There's also team building exercise that could be incorporated into the class, after all sometimes 1 isn't enough. I have alot of ideas of how this character can contribute to the arc. In a sense, he's teaching them that just because you have magic, doesn't mean you get to be lazy all the time or even be cocky. Additionally, there's somthing to be taught about teamwork and perseverance. Something along those lines.

As for how he interacts with the magic and monster world, simple: Maybe he's encounter these magical events quite a few times, even just for being a regular human. Hell, maybe because of that he's helped take down some monsters or what not.

There's also my other idea for a character, the Shaolin master, being the school councilor and mana instructor, though where he comes from they refer to it as "Chi". Least, that's an idea, don't know if you like any of it.

Oh quite simple, your going to need more then just magic sometimes, especially when fighting a monster. This is why your have an ex-marine training you, you want your students to be as physically fit as possible when your going up against monster, right?

Plus, what about monsters or artifacts that could neutralize or suppress magic? There's also team building exercise that could be incorporated into the class, after all sometimes 1 isn't enough. I have alot of ideas of how this character can contribute to the arc. In a sense, he's teaching them that just because you have magic, doesn't mean you get to be lazy all the time or even be cocky. Additionally, there's somthing to be taught about teamwork and perseverance. Something along those lines.

As for how he interacts with the magic and monster world, simple: Maybe he's encounter these magical events quite a few times, even just for being a regular human. Hell, maybe because of that he's helped take down some monsters or what not.

There's also my other idea for a character, the Shaolin master, being the school councilor and mana instructor, though where he comes from they refer to it as "Chi". Least, that's an idea, don't know if you like any of it.

Sorry. I meant the classes are used to mention bits of lore and worldbuilding. So basically, they're exposition. We won't be roleplaying these classes though. Just a short cutscene at the start of each arc. I'm not saying you don't have anything to do. There is certainly a lot a character can do, even if they're a janitor. There's just no lore to be explained through a cutscene of a phys ed class. At least not that I can think of. It's not mandatory either and I will be the one writing these things. I'm just hoping you won't feel left out if you don't get a blurb for him.

Sorry. I meant the classes are used to mention bits of lore and worldbuilding. So basically, they're exposition. We won't be roleplaying these classes though. Just a short cutscene at the start of each arc. I'm not saying you don't have anything to do. There is certainly a lot a character can do, even if they're a janitor. There's just no lore to be explained through a cutscene of a phys ed class. At least not that I can think of. It's not mandatory either and I will be the one writing these things. I'm just hoping you won't feel left out if you don't get a blurb for him.
I will feel kinda left out...but as long as you make mention that y character is teaching that class, I’ll be fine.

How many characters can we have?

I will feel kinda left out...but as long as you make mention that y character is teaching that class, I’ll be fine.

How many characters can we have?

I hope you won't. Like I said, it's only a short bit of exposition. It means nothing about how your character will contribute to the story.

As for characters, I want to see how many people want to apply first. For now, only one character per person. I even took away one of mine to make things fair. After a day or two though, we'll be able to see if anyone can double up if there are missing spaces. I want to keep the group relatively small and easy to work with.

I hope you won't. Like I said, it's only a short bit of exposition. It means nothing about how your character will contribute to the story.

As for characters, I want to see how many people want to apply first. For now, only one character per person. I even took away one of mine to make things fair. After a day or two though, we'll be able to see if anyone can double up if there are missing spaces. I want to keep the group relatively small and easy to work with.
Aight, I’ll probably wait and see me self.

Sorry for being MIA for so long. Work took a lot more out of me yesterday than I thought. Now to get to work here! *cracks knuckles*

Aaaa I still need to make a teacher aaa.

I'll try to make one soonish since I think some fun could be had, just need to get to work drawing the appearance since I don't wanna snag something from the net atm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back