Infernals- would love a game

MorkaisChosen

One Thousand Club
Broken-Winged Crane is out.

I've never played an Infernal.

Does anyone feel up to running a game?

(The first sentence is important. If you haven't already, buy it.)

WAT IS THIS A THREAD IN HEAVENLY REGISTRY?

*ahem*

Sorry.

Anyway, I don't like Infernals much, so I won't be participating. Hope y'all have fun with your new sourcebook.

You suck and all your opinions are bad. :evil: FEEL SHAME.

I'd be up for an Infernals game. Shocked that more aren't popping up in the wake of the Crane.

I had an idea for a game, well more of a game-seed. I would call it "To thine own self be True", and it would only be mildly off canon. The players would be receiving the Exaltations of Heretical GSPs, only I would change it so that instead of getting the custom caste and charms from the last guy, when you erupt from your Chrysalis Grotesque you get to make your own brand spanking new stuff. Essentially it would be working under the theory that instead of the previous owner making permanent changes to their fancy, they unlocked it, making it mutable for every new host.

I am scared to run it because that is a whole lot of crunching to work through with every player, but I like it because it gets straight to the point.

As in, we essentially start off halfway up the Devil-Tiger tree?

I'm cool with that.

The question is, which concept do I pick...?

magnificentmomo said:
I am scared to run it because that is a whole lot of crunching to work through with every player, but I like it because it gets straight to the point.
Unless you're willing to personally go through Excellency creation and dozens of Charms with each player, checking for theme and balance and having to help them correct their concepts when they stray, this will not even get off the ground.

I like the idea, but there are so many ways for it to fail.

That idea sounds awesome, but also slightly insane. It would be an opportunity for some incredibly creative design (of course with the downside of designing entire charm trees).

If you happen to decide to run it, I'd love to participate.

Haku said:
Are Infernals the new black? :lol:
Black Abyssals want to Destroy Creation.

Green Infernals want to Corrupt it.

We can go down the scale.

Each of the Solar Perversions have their master Primordial, whose defeat at the hands of the Exalted mirrors the fate they want to inflict to Creation, their parallel plane of existance, their XXXX-tech, and possibly their Magical Material.

The next is gray, they want to Annoy Creation.

Pink, they want to Mildly Inconvenience Creation.

Light Blue, they are angry and have vowed Never to Speak Again With Creation.

Yellow, they burn with the raging desire of Scolding Creation.

We can continue down (up?) or add intermediate shades...

Tableface said:
magnificentmomo said:
Unless you're willing to personally go through Excellency creation and dozens of Charms with each player, checking for theme and balance and having to help them correct their concepts when they stray, this will not even get off the ground.

I like the idea, but there are so many ways for it to fail.
oh, I am keenly aware, hence the fear of the crunching. I already prefer running smaller, more personalized games, this would probably have a 2-3 PC limit.

I think when going all heretical the concept of the original failure becomes so much more important because it gives fodder for the neuroses that make for those really cool excellencies that birth flavorful charms. Heaping piles of allegory or forced allegory also help.

Zoronos said:
That idea sounds awesome, but also slightly insane. It would be an opportunity for some incredibly creative design (of course with the downside of designing entire charm trees).
If you happen to decide to run it, I'd love to participate.
Sometimes (occasionally oft-times) slightly insane is the way to go with a game.

If I did muster up the chutzpah to run this game, it would be after the holiday season because I just got a job in retail.

That actually sounds like a pretty cool idea I have to admit, trying to ascend.

Miashara said:
What do you have in mind as trying to ascend?
In game explaination is such: Yozi gave too much power to the GSPs and these guys might try to combine essence from two different Yozi to transcend their meager state and became new Primodal.

Game as such would be Awesomesauce, especially paired up with apporiately Apocalyptic scenario. :)

Not to be a nitpicker, but this isn't about becoming a new Primordial.

To clarify for those who haven't read the Broken Winged Crane pdf yet : there exist cross-Yozi charms called Heretic Charms (they take their prerequisites from two or more Yozis), that few GSPs know about.

One of those Charms is called Triumphant Howl of the Devil Tiger: it makes you truly unageing (because a GSP's lifespan is drastically short - the Ebon Dragon is a dick), enables you to create your own First Excellency and General Charms, and is the prerequisite to a cascade of Charms that allow you to cut yourself loose from Lillun, create you own (Me) Charms, redesign your caste and caste power, make your Urge identical to your Motivation, create your own Acts of (not-so-)Villainy that transfer Limit to a Yozi of your choice, create an inner world/soulscape which you can shape (and, with as-of-yet unpublished Charms, travel into/bring things out of?), and even grow a dozen or so Third Circle Devas (though not a fetich, since, let's be clear, this path actually prevents you from ever learning the Charms that turn you into a Yozi/Primordial), that can each grow seven Second Circle Devas.

A whole lot of potential fun.

Brekkir, not to nitpick myself ... but the Heretical Charms forbide You from becoming one of Existing Primodials/Yozis. I see no indication preventing You from copy-crafting Yourself (when You homebrew enough), for example, into Rainbow Dragon. Primodial of Laughter. :)

Brekkir' date=' not to nitpick myself ... but the Heretical Charms forbide You from becoming one of Existing Primodials/Yozis. I see no indication preventing You from copy-crafting Yourself (when You homebrew enough), for example, into Rainbow Dragon. Primodial of Laughter. :) [/quote']
I asked about that one on the WW forum, and Holden confirmed that the Cosmic Principle ban does indeed prevent you from taking [You] Cosmic Principle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back