• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy 𝑰 𝑹𝒐𝒚𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖~ ♚

Weylin nodded as he let Sorren guide him outside from the study room. “That sounds pleasant,” said the Gathian prince softly as the two princes made their way through the castle. Weylin looked around the halls of the palace as he walked alongside his old friend. It was weird to be walking next to Sorren, since the two hadn’t really shared a moment for a long time now. They walked in silence down the halls, which was fine by Weylin.

Eventually the two reached the outdoor gardens. Weylin took a deep breath of fresh air in through his nose and exhaled slowly, taking in the sights. It smelled nice and it looked even prettier. Weylin had to admit he always enjoyed the sights and smells of the Kingdom of Kezzain. It was quite the beautiful kingdom.

Weylin let the wind follow through his soft brown hair as he looked out at the garden. He briefly glanced at Sorren as he commented on the wind. “It is, isn’t it,” replied Weylin quietly. He sighed and looked out at the many stunning flowers and bushes. “Kezzain has always had very nice gardens,” he commented softly.

“Yes, just like I said, you’ve always loved our gardens,” Sorren glanced at the Prince next to him as he recalled what Weylin had told him so long ago.

It seemed like Sorren had seen his old childhood friend at that moment. It was nice to look at Weylin. He was..nice to look at.

Suddenly, breaking the warm silence, a roar of barks came rushing through. A tiny, furball-like animal came prancing forward. It was small with floppy hair. At a small glance, you could see its black eyes with small black eyelashes.

Bark Bark Bark!~ the small animal squeeked.

It circled itself for a moment before prancing on Weylin’s legs, dirtying his pants with its mud-stained paws. The dog’s tongue was hanging out as it smiled happily at the tall man in front of him. The dog barked once more, simply greeting the Prince. It was a Pomeranian, cute in its appearance, and yet a rascal with its manners. The Dog backed away but continued to jump around, near the two boys, ruining the peace that lingered in the garden.

Weylin nodded, still looking at the flora. He always enjoyed the gardens in Kezzain, that was for sure. It was quite pleasant sharing this little quaint moment with Sorren in the garden. He wasn’t expecting to find any solace in having to be in Kezzain tutoring Sorren but here he was quite possibly enjoying himself. Suddenly, their quiet little moment was interrupted by some loud barks.

Weylin widened his eyes- he had a fear of dogs and he knew he had just heard a dog barking. Worse- it was approaching closer and closer. Before Weylin could react, he looked down at his legs and saw a little Pomeranian dog jumping up at him. “Ahh! Good heavens!” yelped Weylin as he quickly backed away as the playful puppy dirtied his fancy pants with its muddy paws.

“Shoo you! Shoo!” Weylin said, taking steps back and making a sweeping motion with his hands. He wasn’t the biggest fan of dogs. They always made him feel uncomfortable, even despite their undeniable cuteness. “Great! Now look what you’ve done!” Weylin scolded towards the dog. “You’ve ruined my outfit! My mother is going to be furious with me when I come home all filthy like this!” Weylin said, rather irritated.

Sorren's eyebrows rose as he looked down at the small dog that was pouncing on Weylin. The Prince bent down and swooped the dog who willingly lay in his arms. The dog smiled with a small pant as it licked his hand.

"Silly little thing," Sorren mumbled as he looked at the dog in his arms. He then glanced up at the frightened and dirty Prince.

"Are you not a fan of dogs? You always loved them when we were kids," Sorren asked. He then glanced back at the small, happy little pomeranian. "Sophie here won't bite. She's more playful than anything- but she's also dumber than a pile of rocks. She's always excited when she sees new people."

A maid rushed over, running daintily over to the two men.

"Forgive me, your highnesses! Sophie slipped through the kitchen door and I couldn't catch up with her!" the young girl said. She approached Sorren, reaching out her hands for the dog. Instantly, the animal pranced to the young girl's arms with a happy smile.

"Again, forgive our interruption," she glared at the mischievous dog who just continued to pant and smile. With that, the girl left the two, entering back into the castle.

Sorren glanced at his guest, Weylin. He looked at his (now muddy) pants.

"I'm sorry about the dog. It's not mine, so technically it's not really my fault," he shrugged with a small teasing manner in the tone of his voice.

Sorren snapped back to a more serious manner as he cleared his throat, realizing that Weylin was not his friend. He wasn't someone whom he could just freely joke with. They were practically strangers. Time made sure of that.

"Ahem, your pants- right... I can lend you a pair.. The last thing we need is your mother mad at you," he said with a hint of kindness. "I can have one of the maids wash your pants in the meantime."

Weylin kept a cautious distance away from the dog as Sorren scooped the little thing up in his arms. His shoulders were quite tense. He’d previously liked dogs as a child but as he grew up he grew not too fond of them, seeing them as dirty animals and simple creatures. He was a prince of course so he felt he should only surround himself with princely things. Even though dogs were very common amongst royal families, the Gathian royal family did not keep one and Weylin wasn’t a big fan of dogs because of it.

The dog had certainly given Weylin an unexpected fright, but he began to calm down and loosen up as Sorren held the cute little puppy in his arms safely. Weylin glared at the happy dog with disgust as he promptly began to dust himself off- not that it was helping. There was mud all over his pants now thanks to Sophie. Soon enough, a maid came rushing over to them. It appeared the little Pomeranian dog had escaped her from the kitchen and had gotten loose.

Weylin just scrunched his face up and brushed himself off once more, saying nothing to the maid. He wasn’t too happy about the sudden interruption from the dog. Not only that but the little rascal had dirtied his expensive outfit. He just watched as the maid hurried off with Sophie in her arms, leaving the two princes alone again. He scoffed and muttered something about that “damn dog” under his breath as he looked down at his ruined pants.

“Whatever…” muttered Weylin dismissively, “It’s quite alright…. Obviously it’s not your fault,” said the Gathian royal, acknowledging that there was nothing Sorren could do in his defense. Weylin wasn’t at all mad at Sorren, more just ticked off and irritated at the dog if anything. Weylin had sensed a hint of teasing in Sorren’s voice, which was odd to hear considering the awful terms the two princes had been on recently.

Weylin raised his eyebrows as he looked to the Kezzainian prince. He had to admit he was a little surprised at the kind gesture of Sorren to offer him a spare pair of pants and for one of his maids to wash his dirty pair. Weylin sighed. “I appreciate the offer but I wouldn’t want to trouble you or your maids with such a burden…” he replied softly. “Besides, it’s probably time I should get going home to Gathia anyways,” he said. “That is of course unless you have anything else you’d like to go over with me in terms of your studies,” said Weylin.

Sorren nodded his head in agreement. It was probably better if Weylin left. After all, they had already spent most of the day studying. Surely Weylin had other things to do.

“Alright then. Again, I apologize,” he said, more properly with a hint of genuine care for the other man.

Sorren looked away for a moment, not wanting to look Weylin in the eyes as he began to lie to the Prince.

“No, I think I can figure out the rest of the formulas on my own- Actually, I think I might memorized them already,” he rambled on, trying to hide his lie. The Prince stopped and looked at Weylin. “I’m fine, but thank you for your help today.”

He glanced out, looking at the garden that surrounded them.

“I’m sure Kezzain wasn’t where you wanted to spend your time today. You have better things to attend to, I’m sure,” he said softly- almost as if Sorren was speaking every thought that was crossing his mind.

Weylin looked over at his old friend gently and shook his head. “No no- no need to apologize. It’s quite alright- really,” he reassured the other prince. Weylin watched the other prince as he looked away from him. He raised his eyebrows, both impressed with and stunned by Sorren’s words. He couldn’t tell the other guy was lying but he felt a sense of pride for Sorren as it seemed he had made some great progress today regarding his studies.

“That’s very good to hear,” said Weylin with a simple nod of his head. He felt satisfied that he had helped Sorren, as much as he disliked the other prince. Today though was surprisingly pleasant and the day had gone smoothly. There was no bickering between the two or anything of the sorts. There was just a simple respect between the two royals. A respect that seemed to be long gone previously.

“It’s no problem at all, Sorren.” Weylin replied with another nod of his head as the Kezzainian prince thanked him for his help today, much to Weylin’s own surprise. Now normally Weylin would’ve had some witty remark or snippy comeback to Sorren’s next words, but he couldn’t help but feel a twinge of sympathy for the Kezzain prince. “Erm, no it’s fine…” replied Weylin softly, shrugging it off. “I didn’t have much to do today anyways. Really, it wasn’t too much of a hassle,” he said casually.

Sorren's curiosity peaked slightly. Weylin really didn't have that much to do today? How could that be? He was a Prince! Sorren knew better than anyone that there usually wasn't a waking moment of peace living as a royal. The luxurious parties and lunches were so fake. Sorren sometimes would find it hard to comprehend if his emotions were real or all just a part of the fake, proper life he had to live. Oh, how he hated being a Prince...

The thought irked him a bit. Was Weylin the same lie of a life? It was so annoying.

"I'm sure that's not true," Sorren said, openly disagreeing with the Prince about his claim of having spare time. It was a nice lie. A good lie- much like most lies. Was Weylin lying to make Sorren happy? It was another strange thought.

The Prince hesitated for a moment. He wanted to say more. Sorren wanted a lot of things, but he knew he couldn't have this any longer.

"Alright, you should be on your way then, I guess.." he said, rudely dismissing the Prince who had just wasted away hours with him. "You can find yourself out, can't you? I can fetch a servant for you too, if you'd like."

Weylin didn’t shake nor nod his head at Sorren not believing he had other things to do. Was it a slight lie? Maybe, but he figured he’d play it off like it was no big deal helping tutor Sorren today with his studies. He did have to admit though, it was nice to escape the monotonous duties of being a royal prince. It seemed like the same thing every day, and it admittedly got a bit tiring. Even though Weylin was happy to carry out his princely duties, it didn’t mean he didn’t envy the lives of the simple commoners from time to time.

He figured he’d leave it up to Sorren to figure out whether or not he was lying. It made no difference to him what the other prince thought. Weylin then looked at Sorren as the prince seemed to have a little bit of a shift in his demeanor. Sorren practically shooed him away as it became time for the two to end their day together. Weylin sighed and nodded. “I supposed I should get going… right…” he said softly, turning around. “I can find my way out, thank you very much,” he said with his back to Sorren as he started towards the castle. Out front there was a carriage waiting for him to take him all the way back to Gathia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back