• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆ I Never Drink... Wine ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

_Hollow_

Possible Cryptid
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
H-V0B1tAr0n7m7tNXV_FIlGMOuU2902JCdnEWg9CnizeozkGWg4bfMFNdgBezkKD2Xx3CCiaJj9iQWDEVdLa53cEV4fWudy9KC6LChynMNXvKminbXA2FHjSKykU2uORgVZXbD1Ql__-ymrBGY0RbA

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆Introduction⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

Hello there and welcome to my search thread for Renfield (2023). I finally got the chance to watch the movie not too long ago and I honestly had a blast with it. As such, I would love to have the chance to write about it with someone and maybe expand upon the story a bit by including other classic monsters. If you have any questions for me, please feel free to ask. You are welcome to post here or to send me a PM if you are interested. Please keep in mind though that I do periodically delete posts in order to keep this thread neat.

Other than that, thank you for checking out my search thread and I hope you have a wonderful day!

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆About Me⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

☾ Hollow/Holls / Twenties / They/Them.

☾ I am literate, multi-para, and write in both third person and past tense.

☾ I can write upwards of 3+ paragraphs (300-800+ words) per post and I am OOC-friendly.

☾ I have no issue providing writing samples. Just ask!

☾ I am in the EST time zone and can do weekly posts (if not more). However, my schedule can fluctuate due to offline responsibilities. That said, I will let you know if I am going to be unable to respond for a while!

☾ I am open to both Canon x OC, OC x OC, and occasionally Canon x Canon. However, anything involving Canon x Canon is dependent on which characters are involved.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆Requirements⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

☾ Must be over 18. Sorry, but I am an adult and therefore not comfortable writing with minors.

☾ Must be literate and able to write multi-para. I do not expect a novel’s worth of writing. However, I do like details and expect equal effort on both our parts.

☾ Must be willing to contribute to the plot and characters. Please do not make me do all of the planning for the story, I like to get input and suggestions!

☾ Must be willing to double for things involving Canon x OC. There are exceptions to this rule, but for the most part I prefer to double.

☾ If you have any triggers then please let me know! I want us to both be safe and comfortable while writing, so this is important.

☾ Writing samples, although not expected, are always appreciated!

☾ Please let me know if you are no longer interested in the roleplay. I understand that life can get busy or interests sometimes change. So, no judgment if you decide that you want to move on.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆Deal-Breakers⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

☾ Romantic pairings such as Abuser/Victim, Underage/Adult, and Sibling/Sibling (this includes step-siblings or any other familial relationships) are some of the pairing types that I do NOT feel comfortable with and therefore will not do.

☾ I will not romanticize things such as abuse, manipulation, stalking, etc. Although I do not mind exploring darker concepts, I will not present them as romantic or attractive.

☾ OCs who do not fit the context of the plot/setting or follow established lore. Please understand that I have the right to say no to your character, just as you have the right to say no to mine.

☾ Vague requests. Please be able to introduce yourself and provide details as what you are looking for, both plot and character-wise. If I am not able to tell what it is that you want from the roleplay then I may not respond.

☾ Not giving equal effort. As mentioned before, I do not want to feel as though I am the only one putting work into the roleplay. It is the quickest way to get me to lose muse for a story.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆Characters⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

★ = Amount of Muse/Craving.
Seeking-
☾ R.M. Renfield (★★★★★)
☾ Dracula (★★★★☆)
☾ Classic Monsters (Such as Frankenstein's Monster,
The Wolfman, etc.) (★★★★★)
☾ Original Characters (★★★☆)

Willing to Write-
☾ R.M. Renfield (★★★)
☾ Dracula (★★★★★)
☾ Teddy Lobo (★★★☆☆)
☾ Classic Monsters (Such as Frankenstein's Monster, The Wolfman, etc.) (★★★★★)
☾ Original Characters (★★★☆)

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆Plot Idea(s)⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

Three-Headed Serpent-
To cut the head off a hydra means for another to take its place. Never a sentiment been truer than when the Lobos family was finally taken down. In their absence, a power vacuum was created as multiple crime families sought to take their place as New Orleans’ top criminal organization. As a result, the city is once again plunged into chaos as these crime families wage war against each other. In the midst of all this madness, a newcomer by the name of Griffin has managed to establish himself within the criminal underground. A former lab assistant, he found the secret to invisibility and has been using his newfound ability to silently amass a following and seize power from those who stand in his way. However, it seems that his fastly growing empire may not be enough and Griffin seeks to extend his influence even further. After managing to procure some of Dracula’s remains, he is able to revive the dark prince. In exchange for his cooperation and supernatural abilities, Griffin vows to supply Dracula with fresh victims… In addition, to hunting down the familiar who betrayed him. With Renfield now as the prime target for both Griffin’s mafia and Dracula himself, he gains the attention of an unexpected third party. As one of the few remaining monster hunters out there, they may very well be the key to helping Renfield put Dracula down for good. That is, if both of them manage to survive long enough to get to him.
Plot Element(s)- Horror | Comedy | Action | Supernatural | Science Fiction | Crossover| Post-Movie | 1931's Dracula | 1933's The Invisible Man
Note(s)- None.

Despair Has Its Own Calms-
As Dracula’s familiar, Renfield’s life now revolves around serving the Dark One and meeting his every need. With no friends, no family, or support of any kind, his existence has become empty and he is left with no other purpose outside of the one that Dracula has appointed to him. After the two find themselves relocated to New Orleans, Renfield decides to join a self-help group and begins to hunt down the abusive lovers of the people who attend the meetings. It is between these gatherings that he meets a peculiar stranger who, like him, has been condemned to a life spent in isolation. Created well over a century ago as an unnatural replica of life, he was spurned by his own creator and feared by all those he came in contact with. Thus, abandoned and left to languish in mankind’s shadow, he questioned the purpose of his own existence; if there was any at all. It is through unlikely circumstances that he and Renfield cross paths and recognize each other as outcasts of the modern world around them. Because of this, a friendship is formed and the two gradually begin to heal from a lifetime spent in darkness. However, when Renfield inevitably makes the decision to break free from Dracula and start living for himself, it does not take long for his former master to take notice. Furious by his familiar’s betrayal, Dracula vows to hurt Renfield in every way possible. Which not only includes ruining Renfield’s life once again, but also that of his newfound friend.
Plot Element(s)- Horror | Comedy | Action | Supernatural | Science Fiction | Crossover| AU | 1931's Dracula | 1931's Frankenstein
Note(s)- None.

3BPnPxa3t-9262BvS3NBI4dw0P-IAjKrRcPictnVX8ddE25fPQgEnra_lheZ3vd2EfBy0jlnZ5aBj_xQTtoQfD8gboq09HtnPpnPjSd1dbQ_F8xJWTK6dNv01XDAqPzPWSk_la3PUbVOpM7e1EB0fg

Last edited:
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆Bump⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

Last edited:
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆Bump⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back