• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Hyborian Age

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hyborian Age - Wikipedia
Map
Alt Map
Or ... we could use a map of Earth and distort it a bit, renaming the regions more along the Age of Conan. maybe even adding in a couple lost continents like Lemuria, Mu and Atlantis (though the advanced technology would be long lost in the Great Cataclysm).

Very simply this will be an MxF RP set in the Hyborian Age.

My Character
I plan to run a male character of herculean proportions. He will initially be regarded as a barbarian as he is just beginning to learn Hybrorian languages. But he is highly intelligent. He is also not so much a warrior as Conan, despite his size. But he does have skills. Speed and strength. (He is slightly larger than Conan, if you go by fandom sources.)

Recent History
Jon has effectively found himself saddled with two slaves that he freed. They won’t leave him though. One is a street urchin (Kid), perhaps 11-12, a thief. The other is an elderly slave (Bones) that had scholarly skills and could read and write. Jon saved the boy from losing a hand, by buying off the merchant and guards. The boy helped him buy the elderly man from the slave markets. The elderly man was going to be fed to the lions for entertainment. (Note: Kid and Bones are not their real names, but they accept them and can pronounce them. Besides, they are easy to type.)

He will already have a modest vocabulary at the start of the RP, enough for a simple conversation. He has learned how to ask “Word” and point, or mime / gesture actions and ask for the word.

There is a LOT more history if you have the means to investigate it. For example, how he acquired the wealth to pay off people and buy a slave is quite the tale.

Your Character
I am looking for someone to roleplay a female main character, intended as a potential romance interest. Where and how the RP will start will depend largely on your character. For example if you are some noble or royal lady, you won’t be very mobile and any meeting will be difficult to arrange. A slave girl might be even harder as my character doesn’t approve of slavery. (See more on his recent history.) A pirate or mercenary might work as she would be mobile. She might also be the daughter of a traveling merchant whose father needs to hire extra muscle.

Possible Starting Locations
I am thinking that Argos or Aquilonia would be good places to start. See their descriptions in the wiki link above.

Posting
3rd Person Past Tense
Decent literacy
PM Threads (One for OOC; one for IC)
I typically manage about a page per post.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back