• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Space Pirate Outpost Alpha: A Simulation

Silvertongued

Yes, this is dog
Drawing heavily from Metroid (read: completely stolen) Space Pirate Outpost Alpha is a game simulating the growth and development of a Space Pirate outpost out in the far reaches of space, on some daunting planet in the middle of nowhere.

Don't know about Space Pirates? They're an interstellar species with a highly diverse morphology, a strict and very lethal militaristic hierarchical structure, little in the way of empathy towards each other let alone other species, and a near psychotic disdain for common sense.

Their aim? To achieve complete control of known space through a combination of backstabbing, theft, brute force, sheer numbers, technological superiority, and a complete lack of ethics (as well as quite often a lack of any sort of health and safety codes, or impulse control regarding "bad" ideas). Space Pirates steal, enslave, and reverse engineer whatever they can, with whatever means they can. Anything that falls outside of those categories is destroyed.

On an individual level, Space Pirates range from simple, easily distracted and cowardly grunts with bravery only in numbers, to highly intelligent, single minded warriors who believe in death before dishonor. They are often bio-engineered and scientifically augmented for their roles and stationing, and their high ranking officers and leaders are often completely individual in terms of both appearance and ability.

Regarding the game, as was mentioned before, it's about administrating a Space Pirate outpost. The players will make orders and suggestions for research, courses of action, building and maintenance, as well as how to deal with whatever unusual situations pop up. They won't control anything directly. Think of it akin to Theme Hospital/Dungeon Keeper. There'll be small, simple illustrations, decent write ups, and hopefully a fair amount of fun.

Tone will be mostly comedic with some small serious elements, there's no need to learn any system or anything, and all players or suggestions are welcome.

Anyone interested if I were to run this?

Perhaps I should stick this in the Dice Roleplay section? I mean, I will be using dice and numbers and stuff, but for the most part, that kind of stuff will be out of the players eye. Players would have to deal with vague approximations and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back