• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Heroes have Failed

Your turn, I believe. I know we're off to a rough start, but we can make this work if we both have stories to tell.

Perhaps we should actually play through the failure plot. Work the story like a traditional heroic adventure, but after a while, everything goes to pot. Instead of ending there, we play through the resulting apocalypse.

This might necessitate a restart though.

Yes. I think the issue I'm having is just not being familiar with the story. And not knowing the other brother.

Shall we edit and reboot?

New plot ideas:

*You're a subsistence farmer on planet Cresia. Your family has arranged with another family for you to marry their daughter, and you're starting your new life together. Your idyllic life is interrupted when you wake up one morning to find your fields rotted by magical darkness. You and your wife set out on an adventure to set things right. But you two are too weak and no one else has the courage to help, so you fail and the world collapses. Survive the aftermath.

*You're a mighty general in the army. The king has betrayed everyone and set about capitulating to the cruel invaders. You join up with another knight and set about trying to stop the invasion, but you fail. You are mortally wounded, so your friend brings you to a certain healer friend of his who is more than she seems...

I do like the first one. I should have mentioned this is in my thread, but I do tend to like romance in the plot, not like forced, but natural. I'm not sure how I feel about them already being married--I'd prefer to let the romance develop naturally and not already have them know each other. Perhaps?

Suppose we split the difference. We drop the arranged marriage, you still play a subsistence farmer, and I'll be the love interest.

I'll give you a pick of romantic interests.

*Gwenivere Valentine, this world's equivalent of Galadriel. She is the only remaining citizen of the long-past ancient empire that once flourished here. Renowned healer, strategist, and expert Seed wielder, Gwen will be a valuable asset in your fight.

*Tyler Warren, a female paladin in the army. She is reserved and professional, not the sort of person who goes about vomiting her emotions on everyone. She's fantastic with a sword and shield.

The first I like. I'll come up with a few of my guy characters and let you pick. I'll post it later. =)

Hmm...I'm just going to describe personalities and you can let me know which one you think would complement her more:

Ryland: jaded, dark, very dedicated to a cause, rather serious, puts himself into everything

Zoven: Good sense of humor, loves to have a good time, friendly, good at stealth

Curran: serious, brave, kind, gentle, loving

:)

I'm liking both Ryland and Zoven. Ryland would be a good foil for Gwen's upbeat manner, while Zoven would be a good contrast for Gwen's darker themes. Curran seems too stereotypical at the moment to work very well, as Gwen is a very developed character in my roster.

Two complex characters bouncing off each other should be fun. :D

By the way...

<My avatar is the very first picture I commissioned for Gwen several years ago. I have several other commissioned pics of her now, but this one is still one of my favorites. The necklace is a Crest of Summer, representing the light and hope she brings to a cold, darkened world. In this story, it's the "base" where she keeps her Seed.

Okay, more detailed plot inbound. Setting is the same, ancient civilization long gone and its decendants live in a low-tech medieval society. Ryland is some kind of subsistence farmer, maybe a rancher or something. The main thing is that the job has to be low-key. For reasons not yet known to him, he was born with the ability to use Seed to its full potential. It is a power unique to him; very few others have it. Seed was scattered throughout the world by the time the War ended and has become a part of the natural order. Some sages, in their meditations and attempts to become "one with the land," unknowingly use it to improve vegetation growth. Since their heritage isn't sufficiently pure, however, they are unable to use Seed to anywhere near the same extent Ryland can.

That said, Ryland doesn't even know about Seed yet, nor would he have any idea how to use it if he did. Seed is the most powerful and complex device ever created by humankind, responsive to our thoughts and imaginations like no other creation. As such, it was designed to be controlled only by those who were deemed worthy and tied to their wielders' unique genetic codes. Only their children had any hope of using it without having to acquire their own unique batch of Seed. That means Ryland is the descendant of one of these legendary figures.

Ryland's journey begins when a strange blackness overruns his property and destroys his livelihood. Everything that lives and breathes is corrupted and goes mad. Everything, that is, except him. The main villain is standing outside, practicing his newfound dark powers on Ryland's farm. When Ryland comes out, the man flees into the nearby forest. Ryland gives chase but is injured, and Gwen heals him, bringing the protagonists together for the first time.

The rest of the plot will be devoted to eradicating the darkness. And of course, our heroes must fail, whereupon the next stage of our tale begins. How does this sound so far? Think we could start with this?

Yes. I only have one issue. =)

Ryland has a couple major requirements:

-before settling in a home, he had to travel most of hours life. He and his family were, essentially, vigilantes. His family dies very dramatically...this is extremely critical to Ryland. It could have already happened or happens early.

-he can see into other's thoughts, except your character's. He can manipulate shadows and is really good at going unseen.

These points are very critical bit we can adjust them to fit the story.

Also, I should be more active now. I apologize for my previous delays. Personal stuff. =)

Suppose Ryland is part of a familial clan that's trying to restore some form of civilization to their world. The villain naturally takes issue with that and kills them all. Then Ryland flees, get injured, and Gwen heals him.

Ryland seeing other people's thoughts needs to have some limits so that the villains can keep stuff secret. I wouldn't mind him being able to see Gwen's thoughts sometimes, as that can be quite revealing, just so long as he knows not to mention his findings to her. xD

The thoughts thing definitely works. If really prefer his family to be more outlaws/vigilantes, because it's pretty critical but I can compromise. I'll just adjust his character accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back