Hello, I'm Kassy

Kassy

Hello everyone!

My name is Kassy, sometimes I go by Kaylie, and I've been on and off this site for about a year. I have, in the past, role-played here but I would keep getting intimidated and my social anxiety would start playing up and I would worry that no one here would really like me, and as you can see that becomes a problem when trying to have fun. But I'm here to try it again and push on forwards with the help of a few old friends, and quite possibly some new friends.

I've been role-playing and table-top gaming for years so I have quite a bit of experience under my belt, and I'm also an author so I can usually keep up with others, however I live in Australia which is another reason I get intimidated because in the past I have gone to sleep and then will wake up and have to read 100+ messages. I have been working on not getting intimidated by that though, since some of the other sites I role-play on have started ending up with a similar thing. As an author I have co-written and published children books with my brother and Mum called P.I. Penguin, and I work with the Aulexic publishing house. I also write Young Adult and Adult fantasy/adventure, but have also dabbled in horror and crime. I'm also learning how to be an actor, and hope to be on the screen in my future.

I like role-playing fantasy, and modern, and sometimes a lot of fantasy/modern, but I am also usually willing to try role-playing in new settings and the such. I don't mind role-playing as any gender despite being female, and I can handle a lot of role-playing without being pushed to far out of my comfort zone. Fortuantly, if I am nearing my limit I usually say so and we can rework what's pushing me too far.

I'm really sorry if this is a lot to read but as I mentioned before this site really intimidates me and I don't want to get on anyone's nerves by them finding out something about me that would have been useful before, so thank you for helping and everything. I'm really excited about learning and growing on RPN.

~Kassy/Kaylie

Welcome to Rpn, Kassy! I'm glad to see that you are back. At times it can get intimidating but really all you need are people there to support you and tell you that it's okay. It can be difficult being in a different timezone especially if it's across the world (since I live in America) but many users here will understand once you tell them your timezone. Sometimes I forget that this is a worldwide web! And that's cool that you're an author and actor! I wish I could further pursue my passion for writing and role-playing but science intrigues me to pursue a career there. 

And no need to feel sorry about the long post~ It surely didn't bother me and I know it'll never bother most users here. I hope you enjoy it here and that you stay for a long time :)

Hi there Kassy! 

I am new to this site but I understand some of your story. I am an Australian with Anxiety as well! 

I am sorry that you feel intimidated, but if you have written published works I can only imagine you are golden! Very best of luck with performing on screen! 

Well done! 

Welcome to the site! *tosses confetti around* Please believe us when we say we're thrilled you're here. Pretty much everyone is super friendly and helpful, and many other users have some form of anxiety. If you need any help, just want to chat, or want to rp, feel free to hit me up. Do you see many sugar gliders in your part of Australia?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back