Hate at First Sight, the two Best Frienemies~randomize and StarDust~

StarDust

Cupcake Fairy
Elri Marina, age 16.

her ability is illusions, visible to all, or trapping. if you look directly into her eyes and she has good reason to torture you, you'll probably be victim to a horrible illusion trap. she can use her illusion to express her memories, and when she day dreams she cant always control the illusions. she also has another character trait that im not telling :P

View attachment 10300

Elri walked down the halls of her noisy school for the gifted. Celestial Height High School had always been a place for the gifted to meet other unique people, but it wasnt really Elris song and dance. she had tried for the past two years to make more friends, but everyone had known her since middle school, and they all knew her tendencies. every once and awhile she could hit up a good conversation, but it didnt last long. people were afraid of making her angry because she wasnt always the nicest person. lately she had tried to be nicer, but still, they knew her too well. it even seemed like the new kids were alerted to her habits before she could talk to them, well, at least the ones who transfered in on the first day. she knew there could always be stragglers. she walked the halls, focusing on the chatter and on where she set her feet, her sketchbook in hand as well as her books.

[MENTION=4113]randomize[/MENTION] sorry it took so long. i needed the pic to be perfect for her eyes, since those are her character focus~

Eli Kemmons has the power every pyromaniac would love - the ability to manipulate any form of heat and fire. With a simple touch, he can send a wave of heat running through a person's body. His eyes act as a trigger for flames, causing anything he concentrates on to burst into fire, whether it be a large, uncontrollable one or a small, spiraling controlled one. Unfortunately, his anger often got the best of him, causing the uncontrollable fire to spread. That anger was the reason he was transferring into Celestial Heights that day; his old school had 'mysteriously' burned down.

Walking down the halls of the high school, Eli's eyes rested only on the paper in his hand, the other gripping a few books. His class was somewhere down this hall, though he really had no intention of making it there on time; it didn't really matter. Head turned to the right, he eyed the numbers over a classroom door. "Huh. That was fast," he muttered. Before he could turn towards the door, something clashed against his body.

"Mn." Looking down, a blue mop caught his eyes. The books scattered around his feet showed that the girl had been the clash he felt. Unfazed, he turned towards the classroom. "You should watch where you're going." As he stepped through the door, he could feel eyes on his back, but it was nothing new. A chair in the back of the room suited his liking, books placed on the desk before it as he slouched back.

Elri was sent crashing to the ground, her books flying everywhere. She heard the boy tell her she should've watched where she was going, and she let out an annoyed tch, "I knew you were there, I just figured maybe you had the decency to let a lday go first" she scoffed as he walked away. She stood up, and scuffed her shoe against the floor, then reached to grab her dropped books. As she walked to the back of the classroom, she noticed he had taken the seat behind her that had been empty the first week of school. She sat, and turned around, " ecuse me, I think we got off on the wrong foot. You're new right." Her grey eyes calm. "My names is Elri." She said. She could be a nice person when people didn't tick her off.

Eli's silent blank staring was interrupted talking blue. He blinked a couple times, readjusting his eyes to see the girl that had bumped into him earlier. What did she say? "I think you tripped over the wrong foot." Expressionless, he obviously hadn't offered a joke. He wasn't there to make friends, just to get through his last years of high school. Deciding some uncomfortable silence and staring might turn her around, he quietly studied her face, taking in the large eyes and light skin. After a few moments, he preferred to give up. "Fine, if it'll get you to leave me alone, my name is Eli. Happy? Now turn around." Leaning back into his chair, he looked back towards the window.

Elri frowned again, "well it was just splendid meeting you too." She turned back around, a small lightning cloud appearing over her shoulder. She waved the illusion away, making a mental note about keeping her emotions in check. She opened up a mini laptop that had beensandwiched between two of her books, and typed up all the note the teacher spoke of, never once looking at the screen. At the end of class she flipped the laptop shut and and stacked it with her books, turning toward the door. "I hope sir sarcasm doesn't need help navigating the school because I'm not going to help." Her statement was directed toward Eli, but she never turned to look at him before leaving the classroom

When the small lightning cloud appeared over the girl's shoulder, Eli's eyes fixated on it. Just as he leaned forward to poke it, her hand swatted it away, causing him to grumble to himself. I wonder what ability she has. Once the class finally dragged out, he stood, watching Elri walk out and comment about him. With an eye roll he turned in the opposite direction, walking into his next class about half way through.

At the end of the class, he followed a few guys to the Demonstration Hall. His eyes scanned the group as the instructor spoke, then everyone started expressing their abilities. A step back and he was leaning against the wall, hands in his pockets. Eli wasn't big on sharing his ability. Most people got the wrong impression of it, thinking it was cool, but it only brought trouble. The few times he was calm, or sometimes outraged, enough to control, it was an alright ability to have; pretty useful. But setting a forrest aflame while trying to light a stick didn't go over too well.

"Eli, right?" A bubbly girl from his previous class popped up in front of him with a couple of her friends. "Why aren't you practicing? We'd love to see your ability?" It was difficult to hide the groan of distaste he wanted to release as he tried to get the girls to leave.

As Elri walked towards her next class she listened to the shuffling of feet as people walked. For awhile she rann her hand along the wall, letting her fingers pull away as they touched the cold metal door frame of the demonstration hall. She walked in, over hearing one of the more friendly, peppy girls in class hassling the new guy Eli about his ability. She smirked, "well perhaps his abiliy is nothing special?" She said loud enough for them to hear. She was still well annotyed by his attitude earlier, and it showed even though she didn't even look his direction.

She stepped up onto the stage of the demonstration hall and took her turn. She looked out towards everyone, but her gaze was not fixed on anything in particular. She raised her arms as though to bring something up, and suddenly water appeared all around them, fish swimming, coral and sponge everywhere. It wasn't real, a mere illusion, but beautiful. She dispelled the illusion, then smirked. "For the other part of my ability I need a volunteer, who has the guts to look me in the eye?" The hall was quiet, no one wanted to volunteer. Looking her in the meant possibly being trapped in one of her terrifying illusions. The other possibility meant she might send you into an illusion of paradise, but no one wanted to risk it.

Eyes narrowing at the blue-haired annoyance, Eli merely watched her walk by. She was truly becoming a little brat in his eyes, and so far, they already have two classes together. If there were any more, he'd have to go back to his motto of less class, more relax. He returned his attention to the three nagging girls, pulling a hand out of his pocket to silence them, but it was done for him. The whole room had gone silent, distracted by the ocean they were suddenly in, some reaching their hands out, though afraid to actually touch any of the fish that swam past them.

"Who has the guts to look me in the eye?"

It was almost as if everyone took a step back, refusing to even look at Elri. They all seemed scared to death of something, but she was just a young girl, what could be so frightening? Taking a step forward, a hand flew to his arm, followed be a harsh whisper.

"You don't want to do that! She'll, like, make you go crazy or something!"

Eli cocked a brow. The statement only interested him more. It must have something to do with her illusions; did she force them into you, or make you think they're real or something? Deciding to find out, he silently walked across the room, hands pocketed, up the steps, and stood beside the girl, facing her. That was when he noticed how short she was, though at 6'2", he towered over most people. "Well?"

Elri smirked when she heard Eli spoke up. she heard his footsteps as he approached her. when she heard him speak as he waited for her demonstration, she was puzzled. if he was looking her in the eye why did she not make the connection? her brow furrowed in discouragement. she continued to stare straight ahead, her eyes barely moving an inch until she remembered something important. when she had bumped into him earlier her cheek had grazed his shoulder, which would make him quite a bit taller then her. at that point she lifted her head till she felt the familiar spark in her head. in an instance there was color everywhere, and she could see him standing in front of her.

"welcome to my world." she gave a sly smile. "i can take you to paradise, or i can make this a trip through hell, and if i decide the destination is hell, the general rule is that i paralyze you as well." she made sure to note his height and appearance while she could. she snapped her fingers and walked closer to him. "now, you should find that you are unable to move." as she said this, a beach appeared. she walked along the shore with a look of longing, which she quickly covered up. "my illusions in here have no affect on the outside world. only on me and the person ive trapped. i can make anything happen in here. ive even made some of the tough guys pass out." she turned back to him, "now, depending on what your actions, we can get along and you wont have to see outside of paradise. however, get on my bad side and i can send you on a routine trip to hell and back everytime our eyes meet." the image of the beach faded into the swirl of colors that they had seen when they first arrived. "and with this, i end my demonstration. she closed her eyes, and when she opened them the colored room had dissipated and they were back in the demonstration hall. Elri frowned, blinking a few times. "and by the way, theres something special about me. something almost no one notices. if you guess what it is you can have one get-out-of-hell-free pass." at this point she had lowered her gaze again and was looking straight ahead.

Eli quietly watched the world around him change, noting the colors she made appear. When she said he shouldn't be able to move, he tested the theory - by staying still. Her words hit his ears, though he paid more attention to her actions, watching her walk, noticing the longing in her eyes. Paradise. This is her view of paradise. He was patient as she continued, eyes searching the area as he listened. When it ended, his gaze rested back on the girl, moving a finger to confirm that he could move. Once she stopped speaking, her turn to walk away, but paused, head turning to speak to her, away from the crowd of peers.

"How do you know your paradise isn't someone else's hell? Your definition of 'paradise' is completely subjective." Turning his head forward again, his voice was only loud enough for her to hear. "Oh, and you're completely blind before and after your little one-on-one sessions." With that, he walked off the stage, his own ability displaying behind him in a large wave of flames spiraling dangerously close around the girl before forming into a large ball of fire around her head. It swirled for a moment for splitting into hundreds of small sparks that flew across the room in varying directions, dissipating just before they reached any walls or tapestries. If there wasn't a huge group of people around him, he would have pulled The Captain stance in pride of his successful display - or the fact that nothing inadvertently caught on fire. Instead, he kicked one of the double doors open as he left, heading down the hall.

((woo im glad you figured out she was blind. i was trying not to make it obvious till she was in the illusions trap with him. :P ))

Elris expression was flat again. he easily guessed her disability, which erked her. anyone who knew about her blindness was sworn to keep their mouths shut, or submit to her torture. she was prideful and would never allow someone to pity her for her lack of sight. she was also taking precaution, as many people held grudges against her and could use her blindness to their advantage in acts of payback. she her head in the direction of his footsteps, remaining completely still during his display. his power was formidable, but she was not worried. she had remembered an incident back in middle school when she was in 8th grade. a 6th grader with a destructive power over electricity and lightning lost his composure and she managed to quell him by trapping him in one of her illusions, where his power was of no use. she vividly recalled slapping him and telling him to get ahold of himself. she had waited till he collapsed from pure exhaustion before dropping the illusion.

as soon as the demonstrations were over she left class, letting most of the day go by in its usual black haze for her. she wandered to her last class period, which was an art class. Art was one of the biggest reasons she kept her secrets. its hard to imagine a blind girl in an art class.

Even though it was only his first day in the school, Eli was already sick of it. Art was the last class of the day, so when he entered the room, he simply picked up a stool and took it to the corner. He paid no attention to the people inside, or what the teacher said, having already made the decision that the class would be of no use to him. His ability only destroyed things, rather than making them look nice; he had no place in this class. Then again.. His eyes caught the - now familiar - blue mop. Neither of them had any reason to be in the class, yet her ability was solely based in such a thing. It was a cruel form of irony that took the sight away from someone who made things purely visual.

A buzzing in his pocket distracted Eli's thoughts. Pressing the phone to his ear, he listened to the voice on the other end. "What time? ... Place? ... Got it." Ending the call, he quickly sent a text before pocketing the phone once more. His eyes searched the room, as if looking to see if anyone had noticed, before they turned out the window, once again lost to the world.

Despite her lack of sight, Elri knew exactly what she was going to do for her first art peice. she took out her special art kit. the brushes and colors were all in such places that she would not have to worry about mix ups. she grabbed a jar and filled it with water before carefully making her way back to her table. she picked out a brush, and decided to use her water color paints. she wet the brush and moistened the blue well of water color paint. she took a few graceful strokes on the paper and off she went. her brush alternating colors, going in and out of the water. by the end of class she had put together a breathtaking ocean sunset. she sighed, taking the paper in the direction of the drying rack and setting it on an open shelf. she cleaned up her things andd looked back in the direction of her painting. she wanted so much to see the ocean, and she was even a good swimmer, but her blindness prevented it. she could swim in a pool because if she became disoriented she could simply swim one direction till she found a wall. the ocean was different. if she were to be tossed around by the waves and lose her sense of direction she wouldnt know which way the shore was and which way would take her out to sea. because of this, the ocean had become something of an unreachable paradise for her.

as she prepared to leave class, she turned to the unfriendly boy from earlier. "dont forget your meeting." she smirked, having heard his conversation, "you wouldnt want to miss a good drug deal or a good job burning down someones house Pyro" she said sarcastically. she didnt know exactly what the phone call was for, but she knew that she still had a bone to pick with the hot headed young man.

Eli's eyes narrowed as the girl stopped to speak to him. She just couldn't mind her own business, huh? He could tell she was going to be a nuisance from the beginning; he just hadn't realized how much of a nuisance she'd be. Her words were a naive assumption that he might just have to knock right out of her. Standing from his desk, he held what few books he had in one hand, while the other found itself atop her head, holding her still; although the action may have seemed a bit harsh to an onlooker, especially considering his annoyed expression, his grip on her head was light, only enough to prevent the girl from moving. "You need to learn to mind your business, brat. Your other sense may be heightened, but that's no excuse for eevesdropping." He made sure to give her a small shove forward before fully releasing her head and exiting the room.

An hour's walk led him to a small townhouse just outside of town, the entire street lined with it's clones, just varying in color. He double-checked the address on the paper in his hand with the one plastered beside the townhouse's door. The steps up seemed to take forever, as did waiting for an answer to his knocks. Once it finally came, an older man in his mid-forties answered with a saddened smile. His greying brown hair and goatee told nothing, but he had the same deep blue hues as the boy that had rapped on his door. A few hours later, Eli left the townhouse, ears plugged with headphones as he walked down the street to his new house.

Elri didnt struggle when he held her in place. she stumbled slightly as he shoved her forward. she turned in the direction he was going with a smirk. she was going to have fun with him around. no one ever fought back, but he did. she had made an enemy, that was a start. at least she could talk to him without being treated like a threat.

She made her way home, sniffing out her favorite pastry shop. she grabbed a bag of apple filled turnovers and nibbled one as she walked, a second set of footsteps nearby. "Elri where ya goin?" a sarcastically friendly voice called out, the footsteps getting closer. "Leave me the hell alone Alex im not in the mood today." a brunette man came up and walked beside her. "c how about sharing you snack El?" Alex said trying to get his arm around her shoulder. she elbowed him in the stomach, "Alex i told you its not gonna happen. youre a **** and i know how many girls you've cheated on. just because im blind doesn't mean i cant see through jerks like you." Alex stood where he was as she continued to walk away. "Fine Elri, but youre never going to find anyone else. your such a devil that you cant even make a single friend." he walked away as well.

Elri shrugged off what had happened earlier, Alex just liked to mess with her. she walked up the steps of a large, light blue victorian style house, stumbling as she did. "i hate stairs..." she muttered under her breath. as she opened the door she heard a squeal of delight. "Elys home!!!!" a little boy rushed to hug her as she stepped in and closed the door. "jeez Tim, if you stop i will give you a treat!" she said with a smile. two more small children, another boy and a girl, joined them, reaching for the bag in her hands. "Sam! Abby! settle down! go sit and i will warm these up." Elri said, shooing them away. Elris home was a foster home. her foster parents had taken in her and her foster siblings.Elri was the oldest at 17, Tim was next at 8, then Abby, 6, and finally Sam, the youngest at 4. Their foster parents would be home in half an hour so she had to watch the little ones. she dismissed the afternoon nanny, who was only required to watch sam in the afternoon and the other two once they returned from school, until Elri got home. Elri warmed the apple pastries and gave them to the young children, watching them eat eagerly.

(first, Alex is a side character, he probably wont be back for awhile, he is merely there to cause trouble, second, i had Elri home early to introduce her family into the story. none of them are blood related.))

It was dark by the time Eli made it home, the path up to the old brick-laden Victorian strewn with weeds. Compared to the well-kept blue house across the street, his looked to be a devistated wreck; he'd do something about it after school tomorrow, since he'd have the whole weekend to finish. I the meantime, he tossed his books on one of the black couches in the living room. The whole interior of the house was already painted, mostly in grays and reds, making it obvious that Eli had been in the house for almost a week. Instead of going to school the last three days, he spent the time moving in and decorating the house; there was no point in coming home from a boring school and having a boring house.

Eli had fallen asleep not too long after returning home, allowing him to leave for school early enough to avoid any neighbors that may be going to the same place. On the way there, he noticed a pastry shop, exiting with a bagel in his mouth and a small brown bag with apple turnovers for lunch. As he walked, ears plugged with music, he half expected to run into the little blue-haired brat from the day before. A blind girl had to leave early, right? Otherwise there was no way she could ever get to school on time. Half of him wanted to laugh at the thought, while the other half wanted to sneer for considering it funny. The girl was stranger than most he had met; hopefully she'd leave him alone this time.

Elri laughed as she dropped of the last of her hyper foster siblings. "Tim you be careful on your way home today ok? love you bud." the boy gave her a cheerful wave before she left, even if she couldnt see it. it was still rather early, but Elri was fine with that. better to beat the rush at school. she had a walk up schedule that most high school students would probably cry over. she had to be up at 5 am to make sure that her siblings got off to school before she did. she pulled the last of the apple turnovers from the evening before from its crinkly brown bag and nibbled on it as she walked. when she got to the school all was quiet. she pulled out her phone and touched the clock icon. it read 7:30 to her in a robotic voice. school didnt start for another half an hour. she tucked her phone away and sat under one of the trees outside the building. she sang quietly to herself as she waited for time to pass. she was no idol, however, her blindness gave her ears the ability to detect good pitches, so she still had a decent voice.

In the midst of pulling his phone from his pocket, Eli's headphone's pulled loose, cutting off his music, yet he could still hear singing. Raising his head to look around, he saw a shoulder from the other side of a tree. The hair that rested on it told him exactly who the voice belonged to. He had to admit, the girl had a few talents. Unfortunately, she was still a bratty little thing, so he had no choice but to interrupt. "Jesus, I think my ears are bleeding. Hey do you see any bloo- Oh, it's you, my bad," he smirked faintly, walking towards the school's opening doors.

It only took a second to forget the girl as he bumped into a pretty blonde, brow cocking. "Hello there," he looked down at the shy girl, offering to walk her to class. He may not have liked Elri, but he was still a guy, and although the blonde wasn't quite as good-looking as the other, she hadn't managed to irritate him within seconds of their first meeting. You'd think a blind girl would pay more attention to where she was going. When their first class finally started, his feet were up, crossed at the ankles on the back of the chair in front of him, hands behind his head. The teachers in this school paid no attention to how their students acted, likely fearing half of them. Along with that, he noticed that his usual nickname, the one Elri had used the other day, had already caught on, making his eyes narrow when she walked in.

Elri felt her day completely ruined by that one statement. he was a jerk. she had tried to be nice to him yesterday, she had even politely introduced herself after running into him. he was disagreeable, most people who didnt like her were at least nice till she showed her torturous abilities. she walked down the halls with an irritated expression, causing most people to avoid her more than normal. she saw Eli watching her as she entered the room. "What? got a problem?" she snarled, shoving his feet off the back of her chair and taking her seat. while she was normally emotionally withdrawn, she never took kindly to someone mocking her disability. after a moment, she seemed to sink in her seat. she sighed and a depressive grey cloud appeared over one shoulder. when she let her emotions run a bit, they tended to manifest as miniature weather illusions. she had never chosen to blind, she just chose to be independent and not ask for help. because of her pride she had formed that barrier amongst here peers when she was still a child. they all thought she wanted to be along, when she really just wanted to stop the pity.

Eli rolled his eyes at the angry girl. When she moved his feet, he placed them on the back of her chair's legs, watching the grey cloud appear. His expression was indifferent, not really caring that she was mad at him; there was really no reason to be. "You try to put up such an emotionless facade," his voice was loud enough for only her to hear as he leaned forward against the desk; "but you let them escape so easily." A finger pushed through the small, stormy illusion. "Your reaction just proves that you can't keep a check on yourself. As well as the look you had in your little illusion trap yesterday. Control yourself more and stop resenting your disability; you have a strong ability because of it. People might like you more if you stopped being a bi tch about it."

Sitting back, he returned his attention to the teacher, watching her fumble through the lesson. His words to the girl weren't meant to be hurtful or crude, though she would likely take them as such. In all honesty, he had no idea why he even cared enough to say them; they were only meant to make her understand how a change in attitude would seriously help her social life. Then again, aside from a few frivolous dates and a couple good friends, he didn't exactly have a social life, either.

As the class dragged on, he felt as if hours had passed, though they were only thirty minutes in. The realization made him groan in dismay, head dropping onto the desk. "Let me borrow that cloud," he mumbled, forehead pressed against the wood of the desk. He couldn't figure out the point in this school. Sure, it was special for those who could manipulate their surroundings or bend a car with their pinky or some other crap. But why were all the classes so long? And five days a week? Come on. Giving another groan as the teacher spoke, he didn't even notice the small flame that arose in the corner of the room, quickly latching onto a few books.

The cloud over Elris shoulder disappeared as she relaxed a bit. as much as she wanted to smack him, he was right. she wasnt the most agreeable person, however she saw his statement as somewhat hypocritical. just yesterday after they had bumped into eachother she had tried to be friendly when she introduced herself, but he had bee crabby about it. " whatever" she mumbled just loud enough for him to hear. "if you could walk in my shoes the day it started you might understand." she said in a lower voice, not caring if he heard. she sat up a bit straighter as a unsettling sent found its way to her nose. "hey Eli, you decide to barbeque...?" she asked warily.

He ignored her comment, not caring what she said, though up hearing her question, his head popped up. "What?" Looking around, students were already starting to move out of there seats. When he caught site of the small flame, frustration began to build within him, causing the flame to shoot to the ceiling. "Damn," he nearly growled, though he was out of check himself. Each direction his eyes moved to, the fire followed. All the students had cleared out of the room, from what he could tell, but since he didn't want to set any of them on fire, he didn't try to look. Closing his eyes, he turned towards where he knew the window was, though something occurred to him - Elri. Whipping back around, he grabbed the girl's head, pulling her up to him. "Cover your face and don't freak out about what I'm about to do," he spoke loud enough for her to hear.

Opening his eyes to look at the flames shrouding the window, he picked a chair up and tossed it through the glass, causing it to shatter around them. The flames turned in the direction of the fresh air, giving him a small clearing to get the girl out. With surprising ease, he hooked an arm under her knees, lifting her straight off the floor as he hugged her close. With a quick push off the floor, he jumped onto the windowsill and quickly out onto the grass outside. A firetruck could already be heard in the distance, and it was obvious he was the one that had caused the fire; Elri's nickname was being whispered all around him as the evacuated students watched them leave the building.

Carefully placing the girl down, he kept his eyes shut as his head turned to listen to the sounds around them. "Don't tell me I don't know what it feels like," she snarled into her ear, whispers of the crazy girl who didn't get up during the fire also floating from the students' gossip-heavy mouths. Before the police and firemen could pull up to the school he was gone. A dead sprint to the small grouping of trees around the school got him out of the public eye. There, he hid in the bushes, taking the time to practice his breathing exercises. Once confident that he wouldn't start a forest fire as well, Eli stood and followed the tree line to the street leading to his house before jogging up to his door and slamming it behind him. He didn't look to see if anyone had seen him, and school would be out for a few extra days anyway, so the students had probably made it home by then.

(Kind of random - it popped into my head ha. Hope you like it. (: )

(loved it!)

Elri listened to the crackle of the flame, deciding she should probably evacuate as well. however, she got a feeling that the blaze was bigger then she could sense. she coughed as she inhaled some of the smoke. she stood up, only to hear the smashing of a window and and Elis voice in her ear. she covered her face and was suddenly scooped up. she felt his arms under her legs and around her shoulder and had a strange sense of safety come over her. before she knew it Eli had taken her out the window and onto the schools back yard area. he snarled one finally comment before she heard him dash away.

Elri made sure to remember which class they had just come out of so she knew where she was on the schools campus. once aware of her surroundings, she walked towards her house, knowing that she would now be able to pick up her siblings in a few hours. as soon as she was home she pulled out her eisel and paints, setting up in her front yard. she stood staring(if thats possible for her) at the blank canvas. her mind drifted back to the fire at the school. she scowled, he had saved her, the girl who was too prideful to ask for anyones help had to be saved. she hated getting help from others. even so, her scowl was offset by a slight pink in her cheeks that she may not have even known was there.

Eli had figured the coast was clear, that no one would be coming after him at that point, so he finally moved from his back yard to the front. He had been cleaning the yard up, making it look decent, which he was about to do with the front. That's when he noticed the easel on the lawn across from his, and the girl behind it. What were the odds that they lived across from each other? Turning away, he began to pull weeds from the walk up to the stairs, though his mind wasn't focused on the task at hand. He kept glancing back at the girl, wondering if she was alright after the incident at the school. Heaving a sigh, he finally dropped the small shovel he had been using and jogged across the street.

"Hey," he spoke, just beside her. An arm rested on the top of her canvas as he looked it over before turning his attention back to her. It was a good thing she couldn't see him, knowing she probably wouldn't be comfortable with the shirtless boy standing inches from her. The yard work had made him hot and he never really cared much of others' opinion of his appearance, so the standing there in a pair of jeans and gardening gloves was completely normal to him. "How do you feel?" He knew she had gotten a decent amount of smoke into her system, hoping he hadn't nearly killed the girl. Regardless of how he had acted so far, he still found himself caring about her well being, a realization that was quickly becoming disconcerting.

As Elri worked on her painting, trees and sky came together in a forest scenery of green and blue. she heard footsteps from across the street approaching her and her easel. she found it odd because none of her neighbors ever visited. as soon as she heard the voice, her expression turned to shock. "Eli?" she coughed a bit, her lungs still feeling congested from the smoke. as if t o reflect how she was currently feeling he asked her if she was ok. "im fine, really." she said plainly. what did he care? didnt he hate her?

She stood for moment, realizing something was off. there was a lack of smoky smell. she could smell it all over herself, but he was significantly less layer with the wretched scent. "are you not wearing a shirt?" she asked with surprise, then followed by an awkward pause. "er... i just dont smell as much smoke from you." she said, realizing that smelling someone might sound even more awkward. she was inwardly kicking herself, reminding herself that if she had actually made friends as a kid, communication would not be so awkward for her. "you know what, never mind." she said with a bit of frustration. she put down a few more green brush strokes on the canvas while she waited for a reply to her awkward statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back